Sam's Club (YMMV) Resistance 2 - 13.81, BF Bad Company (PS3) 3.81, + some others

autche

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Picked up the following at my local Sam's Club (Florida Panhandle); all prices rang up lower than was shown on item tickets

PS3:

Resistance 2: 13.81
BattleField Bad Company: 3.81/Gold edition 13.81

360:

FIFA Street 3 - 5.81

Wii:

Castlevania Judgement: 8.81

NDS:

Guitar Hero on Tour - Decades: 7.81 (game only; no controller included)

They had a few other games listed on the cheap, but did not bring them up front to price check (would be feesable to believe they may ring up lower than advertised since all the above ones did):

360:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: $9.XX
Silent Hill: Homecoming: $16.01
Bourne Conspiracy: $13.XX
Pure: $22.XX
Wii:

Incredible Hulk: $8.01

PS3:

Mirror's Edge: $11.01 (I know this is listed in another thread, merely stating what I saw at the local store for reference purposes only).
Rock Band 1: $16.XX
Rock Band 2: $21.XX
Pure: $22.XX

I know Sam's Club pricing is almost universally YMMV, but I've seen some prices advertised in CAG show up at the local Sam's Club, so happy hunting.

edit: checked the price of Resistance 2 LE, it is still $57.XX; there were no copies of Fallout 3 CE left (someone snagged it from the time I posted to the evening hours).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bean418']picked up star wars the force unleashed in lakeland fl for 13.81 saw resistance also for 13.81[/QUOTE]

mind picking me up a copy of Resistance 2? I have paypal!

Awesome, I'm staying with my grandmother in Florida the week that this happens and she has a membership at Sam's. I'm surprised but knowing my luck the Sam's around here will probably either be sold out or not running any sales. I'll see how it goes later today.

Picked up EndWar for $8 and BF:BC for $10, Resistance was at $56 over here! If anyone snagged an extra R2 could you drop me line? (PS3 please)

I stopped at 2 Sams in Kansas... (OP area). Endwar was $8 and Pure was $15. Only decent deals I saw. R2 CE was $74 even price checked it.

went to four sams and only one is going to be remembered as checkable in the future. Had tons of FE3 regular and CE but still fairly high priced ($51.) Picked up Mirror's Edge for 14.80 after tax. No resistances unfortunetley.

I went in with high hopes for R2, but they didn't have any. But I was able to snag Warioland Shake It for $10. On the PS3, they had Saints Row 2 for $12, Rock Band 2 for $15 (while RB1 was $27), and Mirror's Edge for $13. This was in Augusta, ME.

BF:BC and RB6V2 were marked at their normal prices.

[quote name='DFogz']Picked up EndWar for $8 and BF:BC for $10, Resistance was at $56 over here! If anyone snagged an extra R2 could you drop me line? (PS3 please)[/QUOTE]

Not to make this a trade thread, but I'd also like a copy of Resistance 2.

I imagine everyone grabbing a copy is grabbing a PS3 version. There's probably SOMEONE on eBay selling a 360 version (sic)... wonder how that will turn out?

Picked up the last Fallout 3 for the PS3 at the Fields Ertel location in Cincinnati. $18.81 plus tax. They did not have R2..only the collector's edition which was $75...I had them scan it to make sure. Someone said they picked up End War for $8? My Sams had a price tag listed at $25..did not have them scan it to check the price. Anyone else pick up End War for under $10?

Anyone know if these prices would be listed online, per store? So far, I'm seeing nothing amazing for my local Sam's Club in Madison Heights, MI. I'll be checking it physically though, but was curious if it's worth the bother. While there, I'll be hitting up Target too. Might as well see if there's any good clearance all around ;)

[quote name='mythus']i'm going to stop by my samclub.. if i don't have a membership its a 10% additional right?[/QUOTE]

That's the impression I got from the 1 Day Free Pass I printed out. I'm guessing they add a 10% Service Fee to the total cost of your bill?

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']That's the impression I got from the 1 Day Free Pass I printed out. I'm guessing they add a 10% Service Fee to the total cost of your bill?[/QUOTE]

know where i can print out a free 1 day?

link

fill out the info and it will come up on the next screen to print immediately.
also I've just held on to mine since I haven't found any deals at my local ones yet. ya might have to pay 10% more also.

Blah, both Resistance 2's scanned for full price. Here is the crappy thing, I found a Fallout 3 :360: for $18.81 and a Pure :ps3: for $15ish. Both were on those stupid plastic cards, well I go to the cage while someone is poking around in there, they couldn't find Fallout 3!!! They did have Pure though so I guess I can't complain too much. I'm glad I didn't pay for it and then have to get a refund.

So, I just went to the Sam's Club in Madison Heights, MI, and my findings were . . . crap.

Only copy of Resistance 2 was the CE, and it was something like $55. (PS3)

FEAR 2 (PS3): $44.34
Mirror's Edge (PS3): $18.02

This is where things got weird . . .

Fallout 3 (PS3): $55.41
Fallout 3: Collector's Edition (PS3): $50.41

. . . how is the CE *less* than the normal version? I brought them to the front to even check.

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

Prices on Sam's Club online are inconclusive. I looked up FEAR 2, and it said my store didn't even have it. It didn't even list Mirror's Edge, nor Fallout 3. So, I can't say what's going on with being able to find the prices online without physically going into the store.

I went to samsclub by Independence center (Missouri). Everything is rang up as sticker price even MGS 4 still $45. I checked all the 360 & PS3 games. Still didn't have time to check the DS & Wii games. I think i pissed off the cashier, lol i end up spent $6 :)

Checked my Sam's in Southern Virginia which had both versions of Resistance 2 but they scanned at regular price.

Also the online inventory is unreliable it lists them as out of stock but they have 3 copies of each.

I'm at sam club right now and all they have.. Or had was mirrors edge for 5.81 and fifa streets for 4.80 at the sam's in secaucus, nj -(

no go in the la habra CA sams. Resistance CE and regular, were like 50 and 70 correctly marked. Bad company was 20 correctly marked. sants row 2 was like 40. Total bust.

No Resistance 2 at mine, but I did score the last copy of Spiderman: Web of Shadows :360: for $6.81. Score...been wanting to check that game out, and the hoarders cleared the fuck out of the Targets around here when it was on clearance...

I re-checked my local Sams Club at Independence, MO. Kung Fu Panda (360) $6.81, Rainbow Six Vegas 2 LE (PS3) $15, Lego Indiana Jones (PS3) $13.XX, Rock Band (360) $11.XX. Everything else is still full price or 10 or $15 off MSRP. I end u Picked up Rock Band and Kung Fu Panda :)

Anyone check chicagoland stores? there is one in evanston i believe and another one in chicago. lemee know! these prices are too good.

[quote name='raarar']
Will be getting myself a membership soon to check this stuff out. I have never stepped foot in a Sam's Club. How similar is it to Costco?[/QUOTE]

Don't know about Sams, never went there, but Costco for sure almost never have deals like these on games. The best they can do is those ~$10 wii games that are only few bucks more else where. If I have a Sams close by, I'd get a membership just for games with prices like these. Now anyone wants to help me get Resistance 2 and BF Bad Company standard ed ?

[quote name='smackattack']no go in the la habra CA sams. Resistance CE and regular, were like 50 and 70 correctly marked. Bad company was 20 correctly marked. sants row 2 was like 40. Total bust.[/QUOTE]

Yea me too, that one hardly ever has any good sale prices

I always get the feeling that these deals are never dropping in the western side of USA. Maybe the PS3 isnt as popular in the east compare to the west?

For 360 saw Jericho for $6.81 and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for $5.81 @ the Secaucus, NJ Sam's today

Not sure if anyone else has posted this, but got the Guitar Hero World Tour FULL BAND KIT for $53.xx at the Hilliard, OH (Columbus) Sam's Club. They have the DDR X bundles for $16.xx too, but they've had those around here at that price forever.

I checked out the Florence, KY Sam's Club and there were no clearance items that I saw. Either it got ransacked already or they don't believe in clearance items there. I had both the Fallout 3/F3 CE price-scanned at they both scanned at 53.97 and 71.97 respectively, so no go on that.

I'd kill for Castlevania: Judgment :wii: at $8.xx and a Rockband :360: at $11.xx, so if any CAG-er's see those games at your Sam's Club, lemme know and I'll pay cost+shipping+paypal fees+$5 for your trouble for each game.

Thanks!

I went to my local Sam's Club, was able to pick up Rock Band 2 360 (Game Only) for $15.81, Dance Dance Revolution X bundle for $11.XX. They did have the Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kits (PS3) for $53.XX, but I found out from Customer Service that a single person came in earlier and cleared them all out and a bunch of the other Guitar Hero stuff that was priced real low. I get the distinct feeling that a hoarder from SD purchased them all to resell on ebay or amazon. -_- I've missed out on deals before, but this is the first time I actually experienced that particular phenomenon (or at least knew about it).

I just wanted to get a band kit to play on PS3 online with a friend, I'm hoping that as Guitar Hero 5, DJ Hero, and Beatles Rock Band come out, the sheer inundation of plastic instruments on the market will make Guitar Hero World Tour / Rock Band 2 bundles cheaper. Oh, on another note, can confirm that Mirror's Edge (PS3) was $12.81.

If anyone can pick up Resistance 2, Fallout regular or CE, and Battlefield Bad Company I would gladly compensate them. Send me a PM if you wouldn't mind doing it for me.

[quote name='KingBroly']Where does Sam's Club put their clearance items? Are they just there with the rest of the stuff?[/QUOTE]

From what I've seen, the clearance items are in with the rest of the game cards; no special markings and ocassionally, if you're lucky/unlucky, will have a price marked on it that shows it has been reduced - it is very rare that I ever pick up a game from Sam's and have it ring up the same price as shown on the price card. There are no indicators on these game cards that indicate that they are on clearance (no yellow/red tags/borders etc).

I was actually able to grab Mirror's Edge for PS3 for $8.81. I was quite surprised. I saw a LOAD of Condemned 2 for PS3 marked at about $15. They rang up for $15. This is all at the Sam's in Garland, TX.

I got very very lucky today. After looking at all my Sams stores in Tulsa and finding nothing I was resigned to the fact that I would not find a deal. So, I went out of town to visit my in-laws. While there I thought, what the heck, and went to their Sam's. Sure enough, one copy of Resistance 2 for $13.81. Grabbed it immediately and went to pay. It rang up $8.81.

Great day. Also had End War for the same price but couldn't get myself to get that.

I got a chance to go out and look at the Sam's in my area and found, mirror's edge for $8.81. They also had Fallout 3 and Collectors edition for $13.81, but they were out of the collector's editions. Another one had the collector's edition for $35 and the 3rd one had it for $71 so as everyone said its definitely YMMV.

But I bought the $35 collector edition of fallout 3, just to take it around and see I can find another sam's to return and rebuy for $14 but I'll have to do that tomorrow

I really do with that sam's would at least price match its own stores :cry:

Was hoping the Hornlake, MS Sam's might have fallout 3 at the discount but no luck. More than half the PS3 games were gone and nothing left was below normal prices. MGS4 was high than it greatest hits price.

I went to the Sam's Club in Chesterfield, MO yesterday, here are some of the prices I saw:

Fallout 3 CE (PS3) - $35.xx
Fallout 3 (PS3) - $25.xx
Prototype PS3 - $38.xx
Spiderman: Web of Shadows (360) - $29.12
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (360) - $38.xx
Hellboy (360) - $6.81 (picked up a copy for myself)

bread's done
Back