Sam's Club (YMMV) Resistance 2 - 13.81, BF Bad Company (PS3) 3.81, + some others

autche

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Picked up the following at my local Sam's Club (Florida Panhandle); all prices rang up lower than was shown on item tickets

PS3:

Resistance 2: 13.81
BattleField Bad Company: 3.81/Gold edition 13.81

360:

FIFA Street 3 - 5.81

Wii:

Castlevania Judgement: 8.81

NDS:

Guitar Hero on Tour - Decades: 7.81 (game only; no controller included)

They had a few other games listed on the cheap, but did not bring them up front to price check (would be feesable to believe they may ring up lower than advertised since all the above ones did):

360:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: $9.XX
Silent Hill: Homecoming: $16.01
Bourne Conspiracy: $13.XX
Pure: $22.XX
Wii:

Incredible Hulk: $8.01

PS3:

Mirror's Edge: $11.01 (I know this is listed in another thread, merely stating what I saw at the local store for reference purposes only).
Rock Band 1: $16.XX
Rock Band 2: $21.XX
Pure: $22.XX

I know Sam's Club pricing is almost universally YMMV, but I've seen some prices advertised in CAG show up at the local Sam's Club, so happy hunting.

edit: checked the price of Resistance 2 LE, it is still $57.XX; there were no copies of Fallout 3 CE left (someone snagged it from the time I posted to the evening hours).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got back and picked up a couple of decent games:
:360: NFS: Pro Street - $5.xx
:ps3:The Simpsons Game - $4.xx

I couldn't say no at those prices.

They also had a :360:DDR bundle(but sold out) for $10.xx, :ps3:Mirror's Edge for $12.xx, RB1 drum kit only for $15.xx, and :360:GH3 bundle(w/ guitar) for $15.xx(but sold out as well).

The Same clubs on University (Miramar, FL) had GTA IV for 8.81, (PS3), then they had GH Aerosmith (11.81) and then my dreams came true and I found Mirrors Edge for 11.81, but it rang up for 9.34 cents (plus tax) now that's the good part of my story..

WHy It'll be a long time before I return to Sam's club -

bastards let me pay for my game, then I go to customer service, then the sales clerk says.. "oh we may not have the game" so first he looks in the cage w/ the computers (or rather he just opened it). Then another clerk comes points him in the right direction; So now the 2nd clerk "briefly" looks in the games cabinet and then both of them together check the computer. Final resolution - "we don't have the game." I like give me my fucking money back!!! After that mess, I don't have the heart to go back to a sams club... not for a fucking game.. that's for certain.

This may have been mentioned but the guy told me that prices start to drop when they have 1 or 2 of an item and they want to get rid of it.

I just got back from a 4th of July trip to pig out with relatives and happened to stop at 3 Sam's along the way just to see what I could find and it just about seems like any game could be cheap

:ps3:
Shaun white snowboarding.... $6.81
GH Aerosmith...................... $8.81
Wall-e............................... $6.81
Madden 09 ........................$11.81
Rock Band 2 ......................$11.81
Saints row 2 .......................$8.81

:360:
Pure.................................$11.81
Rockband ...........................$8.81
Tiger Woods 10 .................$39.81

I picked up rockband 2 and saints row 2 .. I never knew sam's did this... How long have they been doing clearance games?

For years, I picked up Pokemon Yellow w/ Guide for $9.81 when the game only MSRP was full price and Halo for $26.81 when the MSRP was $49.99

The same thing happened to me a few months ago with a game being out of stock. Warioland Shake It was $8.48. I pay for it, go to customer service to get it and they tell me they don't have it and have to refund me. Not only did I waste my time but it is fusturating and they need better inventory control.

Wow, this is the nuttiest deal, but I'm having fun with it. I went back today, and found some great deals:

Overlord Raising Hell - $4

Fallout 3 - $21.xx

Oh, so they have to scan it? Thats why I seen ridiculous prices such as Bioshock (PS3) for $57.xx . They didn't even have Mirror's Edge at my Sam's Club, I was highly dissapointed for once with their prices (especially with drinks).

If anyone comes across Battlefield: Bad Company for PS3 for $3 and would be willing to mail it to me in KY i'll be very thankful, of course i'll pay for it and S&H fees and I can do it over Paypal too :) PM me if your willing thanks!

[quote name='M_A_C']So how do you know the prices? You have to take them to a register or are they marked?[/QUOTE]

They were marked down with a price sticker on top of the old one. They are usually separated from the newer releases.

[quote name='Thomas96']
WHy It'll be a long time before I return to Sam's club -

bastards let me pay for my game, then I go to customer service, then the sales clerk says.. "oh we may not have the game" so first he looks in the cage w/ the computers (or rather he just opened it). Then another clerk comes points him in the right direction; So now the 2nd clerk "briefly" looks in the games cabinet and then both of them together check the computer. Final resolution - "we don't have the game." I like give me my fucking money back!!! After that mess, I don't have the heart to go back to a sams club... not for a fucking game.. that's for certain.[/QUOTE]

That sucks! I just got back from the Sam's Club in Boynton Beach, FL and the same situation almost happened. I got Mirror's Edge for $8.81 and Bioshock for $24.00 (both for the PS3). But I really wanted to get 2 copies of Mirror's Edge, but after I paid for them the customer service people couldn't find it and they had to refund me one of them. They definitely have a horrible system set up. I understand they want to minimize the amount of theft, but they need a better way of doing it. I'd hate to go all the way over there just to get my hopes up.

Anyways, thanks for the thread! This as an awesome find.

[quote name='chems1919']That sucks! I just got back from the Sam's Club in Boynton Beach, FL and the same situation almost happened. I got Mirror's Edge for $8.81 and Bioshock for $24.00 (both for the PS3). But I really wanted to get 2 copies of Mirror's Edge, but after I paid for them the customer service people couldn't find it and they had to refund me one of them. They definitely have a horrible system set up. I understand they want to minimize the amount of theft, but they need a better way of doing it. I'd hate to go all the way over there just to get my hopes up.

Anyways, thanks for the thread! This as an awesome find.[/QUOTE]

This crap happens at all Sams. Bunch of idiots can't keep their inventory straight. If it so difficult to do, why don't they just put a cage around the game section, at least you'll know it's in inventory.

[quote name='joby27']This crap happens at all Sams. Bunch of idiots can't keep their inventory straight. If it so difficult to do, why don't they just put a cage around the game section, at least you'll know it's in inventory.[/QUOTE]

The Sam's Club I went to last week had about a dozen cardboard cutouts (or whatever you call them) for Mirror's Edge for the PS3. Just for curiosity, I had them check the price of the game and it was under $10, BUT the manager told me that they no longer had the game in stock! :bomb: So I told her that they needed to update their inventory! :roll:

So the lessons for all CAGs when looking for clearance games at Sam's Club:
1. Just because there is a cardboard cutout for a game does not necessarily mean it's in stock. Check first!!!
2. Always have them scan the game because the prices may not be updated from what is on the sticker.

Tried Bad Co, RE 2 and RE 2 CE...all listed price (scanned at register)
~SoCal Sam's
Mirror's Edge was $11.81, now $12.xx

I was able to get Guitar Hero - On Tour for $8.81 with the guitar attachment. But I think the price was for the game itself, not the bundle. Because every time they scanned the bundle it went for $36. The card I brought to the back DID say it came with the Guitar Grip, and they could not find the copy of the game that was just the game by itself. So I was able to get the bundle. Just a heads up if anyone is going to try and get this, more than likely you'll have to fight customer service about it...

Just got a Pure (PS3) for $11.81, nothing at the store I went to had been marked down. And, at last at the store I went to, they got the game out of the cage BEFORE they rang it up, so they were spot on with that.

Found a copy of GTA4 Special Edition for $12.. bought it with the quickness. Took it to CS.. oops, we don't have the game, here's the regular edition, it's a better deal since we sell that for $39.99.. no thanks, give me my $12 back.

[quote name='Scorch']Found a copy of GTA4 Special Edition for $12.. bought it with the quickness. Took it to CS.. oops, we don't have the game, here's the regular edition, it's a better deal since we sell that for $39.99.. no thanks, give me my $12 back.[/QUOTE]

Now that's customer service! Haha.

MEMPHIS, TN 38125 Club #6256 has two Fallout 3 and they weren't priced but when price checked it was 53.99 so no luck there.

Didn't see a lot at my local Sam's, but did manage to snag Rockband 2 (360) for 12 bucks. Also saw Rockband 2 (PS3) for the same price, Mirrors Edge for 11.xx, Resistance 2 for 24.xx, and some Pokemon Shadows DS game for 12 or 13 dollars.

I saw some good deals but I don't want to tell the store lol.

Haze - $8.81
Lego Indiana Jones - $9.81

:ds:
Castlevania: OoE - $13.81
FFIV - $14.81

:wii:
Showtime Boxing or something - $7.81

I have a story to add too. I saw Fallout 3 for $18.81 and I took the plastic thing up to buy it and they couldn't find it. I saw Fallout 3 again for $37.81 at another store and they had it. I bought it at the 2nd store and got a price adjustment at the 1st store. This may work for some of you with multiple Sam's.

Another thing too, Sam's uses a 6-digit item # to identify products. The clerks can type it in and tell you a price.

I finally got paid so I can check out the closest Sam's Club. I figured while browsing through all the prices I might as well make a list for everyone. I skipped a few posts that did not specify systems, but otherwise OP if you want to edit this into the first post...

Battlefield Bad Company: 3.81
Battlefield Bad Company Gold edition: 13.81
Condemned 2: 15.xx
Fallout 3: 18.81 - 25.xx
Fallout 3 CE: 17.81 - 35.xx
Grand Theft Auto IV: 8.81 - 15.81
Guitar Hero Aerosmith: 8.81 -11.XX
Guitar Hero Aerosmith w/guitar: 25.xx
Guitar Hero World Tour complete: 53.xx
Haze: 8.81
Lego Indiana Jones: 9.81 - 13.XX
Madden 2009: 11.81
Midnight Club Los Angeles: 15.xx
Mirror's Edge: 8.81 - 14.89
Prototype: 38.XX
Pure: 15 - 22.XX
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 CE: 6.81 - 21.01
Resistance 2: 8.81 - 17.81
Resistance 2 CE: 17.81
Rock Band (Game Only): 16.XX
Rock Band 2 (Game Only): 11.81 - 21.XX
Saint's Row 2: 8.81 - 12.XX
Shaun White Snowboarding: 6.81
Simpsons Game: 4.XX
Soulcalibur 4: 11.81
Spiderman Web of Shadows: 6.81 - 11.81
Star Wars The Force Unleashed: 13.01
Wall-E: 6.81

:360:
Bourne Conspiracy: 13.XX
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: 9.XX
Fallout 3: 18.81
FIFA Street 3: 5.81
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: 5.81
Hellboy: 6.81
Jericho 6.81
Kung Fu Panda: 6.81
Midnight Club Los Angeles: 12.81
Need For Speed Pro Street: 5
Pure: 11.81 - 22.XX
Quantum of Solace 007: 6.81
Rock Band (Game Only): 8.81 - 11.XX
Rock Band 2 (Game Only): 15.81
Silent Hill: Homecoming: 16.01
Spiderman 3: 6.81
Spiderman Web of Shadows: 6.81 - 29.12
Tiger Woods 2010: 39.81
Unreal Tournament 3: 13.XX
X-Men Origins Wolverine: 38.XX

:wii:
Castlevania Judgement: 8.81
The Incredible Hulk: 8.01
Showtime Boxing: 7.81
Warioland Shake It: 10.XX

:ds:
Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia: 13.81
Final Fantasy IV: 14.81
Guitar Hero on Tour - Decades (Game Only): 7.81
Professor Layton and the Curious Village: 4.81

:ps2:
AC/DC Rock Band Track Pack: 6.XX
Dance Dance Revolution X Bundle: 11.xx

Since when did Sam's Club become the shit for clearance? Here I am going to Target...

Too bad you've got to pay to shop.

Thanks for the list. This will help me out with flips and trade ins next time I go to sam's club. I hope to take advantage of game stops trade in 3 get fight night promo.

Picked up the following at my local Sam's Club (Florida Panhandle); all prices rang
signature_singh.jpg
:)

Wow, didn't realize Sam's still had these type of deals. My family always buys stuff in there so I can go at any time.

I remember back in the day I bought an N64 with Jet Force Gemini and an extra purple see-thru controller for like 80 bucks and they were still 150 in store lol...I was so excited when I found that.

Question for those getting these deals. I'm assuming these are all non-platinum hits/greatest hits versions since Sam's seems to use a universal sku for all games falling under that header?

the knoxville TN one at walker springs has fallout 3 collectors edition for both 360 and ps3 and both are 40 and some change

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Since when did Sam's Club become the shit for clearance? Here I am going to Target...

Too bad you've got to pay to shop.[/QUOTE]
sams club has always had amazing deals on electronics/movies/games.. where have you been?

[quote name='raiders72']Picked up Punch Out for 22.xx in Winston-Salem, NC[/QUOTE]

There are 2 in Winston. I saw the one tagged for $31.xx at the Hanes mall Blvd. Was that the one you saw it at or the one off of University?

[quote name='shoe478']There are 2 in Winston. I saw the one tagged for $31.xx at the Hanes mall Blvd. Was that the one you saw it at or the one off of University?[/QUOTE]

As of 3:15 pm est, it is going for 22.xx at the Hanes Mall Blvd location. Wonder what the trade in value is @ Gamestop?

Man I got hosed... I went to the one in San Diego (.. Lemon Grove??) and they had NOTHING. The only deal was Lair for $13.81, and I got that Sears months ago for 6.97...

Picked up:

Spiderman: Web of Shadows (360) - $10.xx
GH: Aerosmith (Wii) - $4.xx
GH: On Tour (First game w/ guitar grip) - $13.xx

They also had:

GH: Metallica (360) - $29.xx
Prototype (PS3) - $38.xx

This was in Augusta, ME

[quote name='EnronLackey']Anyone landed any good Sam's Club deals in Houston, TX?[/QUOTE]

I check the Dunvale and South Rice Sams every week while shopping. They have never had a good YMMV deal. Maybe I am just to late. Houston Sams get alot more traffic than most smaller cities.

I went to my local Sam's in Madison, WI and priced checked the Resistance 2 CE, but no luck - it rang up for $77.44 or something like that. I spoke to a manager to see if they would price match another Sam's Club. He looked up some prices by the particular order number, and it brought up a list of all the various clubs across the country (lowest price I saw was $22.81 at some store in Missouri. He said some Sam's Clubs have limited quantities and can sell them cheaper. He sorted them, and all the stores with higher quantities still had the 70 some dollar price. He said he couldn't authorize selling for that lower price. Oh well.

Does anyone have an extra copy of Resistance 2 CE that they are willing to sell (before putting up on Ebay or something similar)? Please PM me.

bread's done
Back