Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
bone monkey once your scammed out of 240$ or even possible scammed then you can tell me to calm down. until i hear that at least one of the other two users that is possibly being scammed got paid or their games im allowed to be mad pissed or whatever the hell i want to be. im not sure if your rich or something but to me 240$ is 1/4th of my rent. its also a chunk of what i make these days with the economy being crappy.

im also curious i insured the package for 250$ now would that protect at all from a scam or only transit damage/loss. i always insure anything over 100$ to be safe.

[quote name='gauu']bone monkey once your scammed out of 240$ or even possible scammed then you can tell me to calm down. until i hear that at least one of the other two users that is possibly being scammed got paid or their games im allowed to be mad pissed or whatever the hell i want to be. im not sure if your rich or something but to me 240$ is 1/4th of my rent. its also a chunk of what i make these days with the economy being crappy.[/quote]
We understand your concern, chill.

We're just saying, take it a step at a time, we don't even have proof you've all been scammed. It's very probable, but give it some time and see what happens. This isn't the first time something like this has happened, and a lot of the times, the "scammer" had an emergency or what have you and made it right after a few days.
Until you have solid proof, he isn't a scammer. It's up in the air right now.

240 dollars is alot of money to me too but it hasn't been 24 hours yet you don't know what's going on yet on she/he's end yet

as of right now it's not looking good for you guys but i would wait until at least tomoroow

im just nervous cause usually i can through the help of cop friends and what not find their contact phone number and theres nothing listed for the address given. granted it could be a cell phone or private unlisted number but it gives me nervousness their too. im just going to sit and pray for now.

Hope this works out for the parties that got screwed.

In fairness, when cash is involved the seller should *NEVER* send goods before cash is in hand (Paypal, etc.) Regardless of iTrader.

also they havent gotten my package yet should i try and find out which post office is theirs to have them halt giving the package and send it back to me? id rather be out the shipping costs then 225$(15 shipping) if its even possible to tell a post office to do that?
ed

also to answer your post mr newz. maybe im too trusting but when i was a new user on gametz. i shipped a brand new wii system out to a user that only had a silver star aka 25ish trades on gametz. i was nervous cause they said they could only pay in cash as paypal was no longer used. i sent first too but to my surprise and joy they got wii system 3 days later i got the cash. im praying that maybe good karma would be on this site too.

Herbsnverbs deserves to be put on the bad trader's list until this is resolved. Nobody else needs to be put into a potentially bad situation. I have not corresponded with this person before but I sure hope this gets resolved soon. I am sorry you are going through this.

I recently started small on i-trader trading $10 to $40 used games.

Glad this a sticky.

guys i need some advice from all of you....
What if i sent payment to someone through paypal and the seller didn't send me the item I purchased from him/her?

Example... just like this topic but opposite...

[quote name='skylinersx']guys i need some advice from all of you....
What if i sent payment to someone through paypal and the seller didn't send me the item I purchased from him/her?

Example... just like this topic but opposite...[/quote]
How long has it been?

you could report it to paypal and as long as its not a scammed paypal account you might get money back. i have had friends who got scammed really bad on ebay and paypal basically said to piss off. thats why i dont use ebay/paypal much anymore.

I always read these threads hoping the accused will arrive and say "Whoa, hey. What's going on?" And all is right with the world.

Hasn't happened yet.

Moral of the story: contact moderators, the P.O., police immediately. Kristen is guilty of mail fraud - a felonious charge. Contact the attorney general in her area after gathering up all emails/messages/etc. Print everything out. Using the mail to defraud someone is serious business.

Kristen, if you're reading this, you're putting yourself in great jeopardy here.

This is obviously a scam. Herbsnverbs targeted lower feedback people. Why else would he have three big trades with three people who have basically no iTrader feedback?

Good luck, you really will need it.

is it possible at all if my package hasnt arrived yet to contact the post office i sent it too and have them return it to me. i did signature confirmation. can i just tell them i found out its a scam and to please return it to me? id rather lose 15$ then 240$

also doing some research theres no number listed for kristin on anywho but through unlisted numbers search i found a search of all kristin lemaster's in ohio theres only one found in springfield and they have a relative that has a listed number. ill keep people posted. i had a kid scam me on ebay but by talking to the father i got my money back from father and father dealt with the son.

omg i just traded him my sealed 251 GC memory card and megaman anniversary edition for his wind waker/ master quest. He said it should come any day. But i don't believe him anymore...

So what should I do? i learned my lesson, guess i should take action here

Well I found her myspace and this is what it said (btw its a guy and the girl was be his partner in crime)

34470qr.jpg

btw u can see her url...;)

Last edited by a moderator:
To all impacted by this potential scam, Why not leave bad feedback for herbsnverbs if your package was delivered? This can always be corrected if the trade goes through.

Here is what im going to do. I am going to spam the shit out of him/her whatever. But first I have to add her so i can bookmark her top friends in case she deletes it. and obviously, she will re add them again and i do the same procedure :D

I sent them a message letting them know it's in their best interest to quickly get on here, and settle this shit before it gets worse. You all might want to do the same.

[quote name='david12795']Here is what im going to do. I am going to spam the shit out of him/her whatever. But first I have to add her so i can bookmark her top friends in case she deletes it. and obviously, she will re add them again and i do the same procedure :D[/quote]
Don't annoy spam them, that'll definitely drive them off. Be mature and stern about it and let them know what's up. Remind them they have a ton of angry people after them unless they do some quick saving.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']Don't annoy spam them, that'll definitely drive them off. Be mature and stern about it and let them know what's up. Remind them they have a ton of angry people after them unless they do some quick saving.[/quote]

I doubt it, this IS the internet we're talking here. But then again I could be wrong :roll:

You guys have to be nuts to send $200 to $400 worth of stuff to someone for nothing.

I had someone with a great deal of feedback ask me if I'd send a game first then he'd send me my $15 when he got it. No way in hell I'd do that. I don't care how many feedbacks someone has, I'm not sending something for nothing if its dealing with money. Its not unreasonable to expect to be paid first if you want money.

Hope this works out because I have been scammed for a game, but seriously, people need to smarten up. There is no recourse for this type of 'trading' and local PD's will more than likely do nothing because its your risk that you took.

[quote name='Strell']Damn.

How did homeboy land a chick like that?

She must really like the silver shorts.[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']I sent them a message letting them know it's in their best interest to quickly get on here, and settle this before it gets worse. You all might want to do the same.[/quote]

I have a feeling they wont be logging on anytime soon.

My goodness. I see that a mod has already been in here once to clean up the address, but why the hell were no posts left? This thread is getting messy.

To the OP: Has a mod contacted you back? I think Pookymeister or Shirke would be best for this case. Threads like this really shouldn't be made until after discussing the issue with a moderator. Although it would appear this herbs person is a scam artist, if they had not been, you would've ran their name through the mud quickly.

To gauu: If your package hasn't arrived, try contacting the local post office of the city where the package is headed. Alert them that the recipient is in fact committing mail fraud, and that you are trying to intercept the package before it reaches them. If they have already been given the package, ask the local office how you can begin the process of filing a claim against them.

To anybody else: I know low feedback users have a hard time creating a good rep, but I definitely would not send high priced items to them...especially outside of Paypal or first. In the OP's case, I would've at least went with half the payment up front. (I know that doesn't really help the OP now, but it may be helpful for others.)

Semi-related to posting the person's addy, I would consider removing the link to their Myspace. Antoganizing them will probably do no good (and may in fact make things worse).

I really feel bad for the people that may take a loss on this one. Issues like this are never fun, and I wish you the best. Since it appears multiple people are taking a hit, you will at least have more voices if/when you have to escalate this to the local authorities.

And when you (all) do contact a mod, send them the person's name/address, just to make sure you all were giving/sending your stuff to the same person. If so, it will certainly make it easier to know what you're dealing with.

I don't know if this'll help..

But if you guys have the address, call the local police department and file a report. Some departments will look into cases if they get enough reports or if there's enough money involved in a deal ($400 might be enough).

Of course, this is a long shot but... it's worth a try.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']crap that sucks :whistle2:( lets all send boxes of poop to his house[/quote]

Sending feces in the mail is a biohazard and is against the law.

I'm very sorry to hear this. People may have known how I was scammed by DrunkPollock, almost got scammed by cheapfitguy, so I know the terrible feeling of being scammed. I was going to try searching, but so far I haven't found anything.

I really hope people get their stuff back unlike a few other recent incidents. :whistle2:(

EDIT: To let everyone know, I search GameTZ's bad traders list, and I found ONE person from the same city in Ohio (last name was Simison, like the MySpace provided at CAG), who was considered a bad trader (it was a girl). Here's the weird part, I got a different MySpace for the name, but when looking at the two people in the picture, they looked VERY similar and I'm still trying to analyze the differences. Let me say if there's a connection, I found various aliases leading me to other aliases.

EDIT 2: If it's the same person (who knows), the one I found has made several accounts at GameTZ also.

EDIT 3: I checked the friends list of that one person, and I noticed they were friends with one another.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm very sorry to hear this. People may have known how I was scammed by DrunkPollock, almost got scammed by cheapfitguy, so I know the terrible feeling of being scammed. I was going to try searching, but so far I haven't found anything.

I really hope people get their stuff back unlike a few other recent incidents. :whistle2:(

EDIT: To let everyone know, I search GameTZ's bad traders list, and I found ONE person from the same city in Ohio (last name was Simison, like the MySpace provided at CAG), who was considered a bad trader (it was a girl). Here's the weird part, I got a different MySpace for the name, but when looking at the two people in the picture, they looked VERY similar and I'm still trying to analyze the differences. Let me say if there's a connection, I found various aliases leading me to other aliases.

EDIT 2: If it's the same person (who knows), the one I found has made several accounts at GameTZ also.

EDIT 3: I checked the friends list of that one person, and I noticed they were friends with one another.[/quote]
It sounds like the same person then

ok i checked yahoo maps and narrowed it down to what the post office has to be. im praying that they will halt giving the package and return not sure they will or not. but luckily i sent it media mail and it hasnt arrived yet. ill let you guys know if i do get anything good luck from post office
ed

Dude, that chick is a MILF.

Oh yeah, burn her at the stake.

But seriously, you guys should always have better communication with people when dealing with high priced items. I sure as hell would have never sold my PS3 if I didn't think the person I was selling it could at least write a coherent sentence.

[quote name='Shady3011']Dude, that chick is a MILF.

Oh yeah, burn her at the stake.

But seriously, you guys should always have better communication with people when dealing with high priced items. I sure as hell would have never sold my PS3 if I didn't think the person I was selling it could at least write a coherent sentence.[/quote]

Well I had to broker that trade. I doubt you would have sold it if my friend was the one that came up with the idea that you ship first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back