Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Canquain']I have her address.[/quote]

Take a trip to the house with a couple big black guys and some AKs......kidding

[quote name='Hostile']Send your complaints to a moderator. There's two of them available (in the 'who's online' section) right now.[/quote]I got ripped off last year by assaultmonkey. I sent messages to mods and got no response. I figured they don't give a .....
I sent assaultmonkey the redeem code for 4000 MS points and he was supposed to send me NHL 09 and MOH: Allied Assault. I never got the games and I see assaultmonkey has not signed in here since shortly after he screwed me.

[quote name='Canquain']I have her address.[/quote]

I don't know if you have, but at this point you should just put ALL of the information you know about this person in the original post.

Name, address, phone number, emails, website, AIM, etc. as well as a timeline of events.

Someone else on the internet might be looking to track this person down. Putting their information out there like that can do a decent job scarring them into giving up the heist.

[quote name='Canquain']Cant do that mods will remove it. Also thats personal information.[/quote]

Maybe I'm not familiar with a rule around here, but there is no law against putting someone's information on a message board when they willingly gave it to you.

No different than a phone book, really.

I've traded on other forums that always have trolls/scammers come clean when they find out they can't get a job because an employer googled their name and found out about them or a friend just happened to see it and told them about it.

[quote name='DrBrianFields']Maybe I'm not familiar with a rule around here, but there is no law against putting someone's information on a message board when they willingly gave it to you.[/quote]No law to prevent us from keeping private information off of here either.

[quote name='guinaevere']No law to prevent us from keeping private information off of here either.[/quote]

I understand if it's a forum rule. I just think that at the point where someone screws someone over that you wouldn't care about trying to protect their privacy that they've willingly given up. Even most local newspaper's will publish the addresses of people convicted in court.

I say post the information. If she lives near me, I'll throw a brick through her window with a paper attached to it that says, "DON'T fuck WITH CAG!"

And then two days later, a big rock that says, "CML PLEASE".

Yes...that'll do. But that is only my opinion on the matter @_@

If this person stole from you then all rules are out the window. If you can't prove it and get the person arrested then do the next best thing, whatever you decide that is.

[quote name='Squarehard']I say post the information. If she lives near me, I'll throw a brick through her window with a paper attached to it that says, "DON'T fuck WITH CAG!"

And then two days later, a big rock that says, "CML PLEASE".

Yes...that'll do. But that is only my opinion on the matter @_@[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='Canquain']So Mods what you gonna do?[/quote]They've been booted from the site. That's all we can do. We're not law enforcement nor the USPS, so the only thing we can do is to remove them from the site.

If you want to pursue the matter through the USPS or local/federal law enforcement, that's your option. Recommended as well to do so.

All trading done on CAG is done at your own risk, as it's stated in the thread at the top of the forum.

[quote name='shrike4242']They've been booted from the site. That's all we can do. We're not law enforcement nor the USPS, so the only thing we can do is to remove them from the site.

If you want to pursue the matter through the USPS or local/federal law enforcement, that's your option. Recommended as well to do so.

All trading done on CAG is done at your own risk, as it's stated in the thread at the top of the forum.[/quote]

if ur now law enforcement hwo takes care of ppl who get ripped off...also if we got real law enforcement on here could they do anything.....maybe we can hire some and pay them thru a trade tax 4 each member like goozex does ($1 per trade).

[quote name='Newmember']if ur now law enforcement hwo takes care of ppl who get ripped off...also if we got real law enforcement on here could they do anything.....maybe we can hire some and pay them thru a trade tax 4 each member like goozex does ($1 per trade).[/quote]

For the few instances that something like this happens, I think our current policy is far far better. When we start implementing fee's for trading is the day I pack up my trade list.

[quote name='Newmember']if ur now law enforcement hwo takes care of ppl who get ripped off...[/quote]I am having a difficult time deciphering your spelling and grammar into actual english. I believe you're asking who takes care of CAGs who get ripped off. And the answer is no one. There is a huge Caveat Emptor in buying/selling/trading here.

Very first paragraph of the CAG FAQ: CAG Guide to Trading
Disclaimer Buying, selling, and trading on any website can be a risky proposition, so Caveat emptor, let the buyer beware! Cheap Ass Gamer & CAG Productions, LLC do not govern these transactions, so proceed at your own risk.
The Trader Ratings are to be used as reference only and are not a guarantee of anything. Any fradulent manipulation of the Trader Ratings system will result in a user banning.

And then at the very beginning of the Trading/Feedback Rules & Guidelines
[SIZE=+2]STOP![/SIZE] Have you really read the Trading FAQ? If not just go do it.

Questions on these guidelines, the trading FAQ, or trading in general may be PMed to a mod or asked right in this thread.

Please note that there is a new set of Feedback Rules and Guides below:
  1. You trade on CAG at your own risk. If you think you are getting a deal that is too good to be true, it probably is - especially if you are supposed to ship first. Don't risk it.

Sorry Kiddo, it stinks, but you trade at your own risk. Use common sense and for the most part, you'll do fine.

Contacted the Police Department in Springfield Ohio via Email received an email Today so hopefully we can get something done here.

[quote name='Canquain']Contacted the Police Department in Springfield Ohio via Email received an email Today so hopefully we can get something done here.[/quote]

Hope something happens

[quote name='Canquain']Contacted the Police Department in Springfield Ohio via Email received an email Today so hopefully we can get something done here.[/QUOTE]
I just read this whole thing lol so what happened? Got an update for us, Canquain?

Nope they basically just contacted the person and they said they sent money and i never got it so he/she got away.

Caquain has been under investigation since April 12th. Reason: "Scammer. Paid for item, never received item or refund,Seller stopped responding."

In my opinion, he's pissed at CAG mods and is testing their integrity by scamming someone because he was scammed. $400 is a lot, but I think it usually has to be $500 or greater to appeal to IC3 standards. I doubt he got anything out of this Wii fiasco. It's not really justified to scam someone who's been a member since 2003, but money is money, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back