Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a new trader, look at the person's Join Date, iTrader, and amount of Posts they have. If they have a reasonable amount of iTrader (10+), have posted a lot, and didn't join like this month, you should be good.

Check their iTrader and see who they traded with. If it was anyone high you should also be fine. If they traded people who have like 1, 2, 3 iTrader.. then yeah. No deal.

[quote name='Canquain']Argh Freaking Scammers![/quote]

Scammers with a prefix herbs probably hawked the system for herbs.

If you do receive a package, take it to your local police station with a scared look on your face and have it opened in front of a detective or police officer if they are willing to do so.

I traded with this person too. I sent her a game and it's been about a week and a half since she said that she sent her end out (which was about 4 days after my game was delivered to her). She claims it was sent media mail though. I sent an email kinda stating my displeasure at her sending it media mail considering you can't get a tracking # or Del. Confirmation w/ it, but never heard back. Then I saw that she had been flagged.

Sent her another message yesterday asking her if I was actually going to receive my games from her, but she hasn't logged on since I sent the message. I will let everyone know if I hear from her.

[quote name='salparadise78']I sent an email kinda stating my displeasure at her sending it media mail considering you can't get a tracking # or Del. Confirmation w/ it, but never heard back. [/quote]

I have sent close to 100 items Media Mail, and have always been able to get delivery confirmation on them.

My PO is stupid. Well, this old lady insists only Priority Mail can get Delivery Confirmation while I've clearly done it many times on other things before. I dunno. I'd say its a conspiracy to make more money...

[quote name='Canquain']She Just Sent em a message saying she sent it out today concealed cash/[/quote]
oh no..
This is going to be bad..real bad

[quote name='NoobHammer']My PO is stupid. Well, this old lady insists only Priority Mail can get Delivery Confirmation while I've clearly done it many times on other things before. I dunno. I'd say its a conspiracy to make more money...[/quote]

The goddamn slip at the post office says first class on it. BUT, it has to be thicker than 1/2 inch I believe. So in a padded envelope, I stick a piece of cardboard or something to make it thicker.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']If you are suspicious as I would be .......

If four $100 bills show up, use latex gloves and then get a counterfeit ink pen. (Wal Mart sells them cheap) I would film if possible opening the package. You don't want your fingerprints on fake bills if you have to turn it over to the authorities.

Maybe even better would be to take the package to your local police station and open it in front of an officer and explain you think you might have received something suspicious in reference to a scam. (Use your best judgement) Print off all correspondence.[/quote]

I know there's some dumb criminals, but I really doubt someone would be that stupid to pass off some counterfeit money that way.

[quote name='NoobHammer']My PO is stupid. Well, this old lady insists only Priority Mail can get Delivery Confirmation while I've clearly done it many times on other things before. I dunno. I'd say its a conspiracy to make more money...[/quote]Any first class or media mail package/envelope thicker than 3/4" can get a DC on it.

http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/deliveryconfirmationservice.htm

[quote name='Canquain']She told me 4 days ago she sent concealed cash its been 3 days now shes lieing.[/quote]First class mail can take more than 3-4 days to arrive. I've had first class packages take 9 days to show up at their destination before. Plus, the USPS doesn't consider anything "lost" until 14 days from date of postmark.

USPS First-Class Mail takes 2 to 5 days for delivery. But I don't think your money is coming. Who in their right mind would send $400 in cash with no delivery confirmation or signature confirmation required? Both of those services include tracking numbers. It is an excuse to buy more time.

[quote name='Kendro']USPS First-Class Mail takes 2 to 5 days for delivery. But I don't think your money is coming. Who in their right mind would send $400 in cash with no delivery confirmation or signature confirmation required? Both of those services include tracking numbers. It is an excuse to buy more time.[/QUOTE]DrunkPollock (who scammed me here) said he was sending $60 via USPS money order to me. He said he couldn't get delivery confirmation on it because the envelope was too thin. He was lying big time because I never received it and he ended up scamming 20+ CAG members.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']DrunkPollock (who scammed me here) said he was sending $60 via USPS money order to me. He said he couldn't get delivery confirmation on it because the envelope was too thin. He was lying big time because I never received it and he ended up scamming 20+ CAG members.[/QUOTE]

That's actually true though... a package needs to be 1/4 inch thick to get delivery confirmation so he wasn't lying about that. He really planned that scam out well.:whistle2:k

Man i want my Wii back...thats the only freaking console i have beside PS2. I wish a miracle could happen to me...

[quote name='Vinny']That's actually true though... a package needs to be 1/4 inch thick to get delivery confirmation so he wasn't lying about that. He really planned that scam out well.:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]I know he wasn't lying, but many people I know who send a big check, the get a special priority mail envelope and send that way, putting a DC# on it.

[quote name='Mugen']Why don't you go to her house and get it back?[/quote]
Wow i don't live in Ohio but if i did i would sure enough do that.

I am new here and I was thinking of selling my Wii a while back. To be honest I would never send anything worth more than $40 out without receiving payment first. I could care less if no one wants to make a transaction with me as a result of being new or anything. I don't do charity and neither should anyone else.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']HUNT THIS B*TCH DOWN.

that is all.[/quote]
Agreed you got the Bulletproof Escalate Rocket Launcher and Ak-47 Ready?

[quote name='Destromas']I am new here and I was thinking of selling my Wii a while back. To be honest I would never send anything worth more than $40 out without receiving payment first. I could care less if no one wants to make a transaction with me as a result of being new or anything. I don't do charity and neither should anyone else.[/quote]

I agree that charity is for the American Red Cross, United Way and other agencies. Anybody who has been scammed did not partiicipate in charity.

CAG is for those who do not want to get screwed for low trade in values for games they want.

Nobody wants to get burned so be careful when you start out trading.

Scammers suck!

If I just had to sell something over this site or others worth more than $100, I would only agree to send both ends to a mod, who would only send my item when the money arrived, or else ship it back to me. It'd cost more on shipping and I'd pay the mod a fee for the trouble, but it's a lot better than being out hundreds of dollars.

[quote name='NoobHammer']So have the authorities been talked to? Mail fraud reports filed? etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing... you could try to get something like this going. It might not be much but it would be better than nothing.

Call the local post office and police departments in her town and see if they have any suggestions. Call during non-busy hours though, if you call during peak hours they'll likely brush you off.

They probably won't do anything but maybe it'll be on their record or something... better than sitting around and waiting for money that's not going to come.

This is strictly for the OP and all other CAG members who feel they have been scammed. First, read my post regarding what you can do when you think you have been scammed here.

Next, you need to understand a few things: trading/doing business over the internet with a third party is risky to say the least. We all know this, but please understand that we feel sorry for you, but at the same time, this is what can happen. Unfortunately, you may not be able to recoup your property and/or payment at this point without some sort of help from law enforcement. The next steps...

1.) The first step you must take is to contact your local law enforcement office and file a report. Save any and all correspondence with the individual for evidence and let them know that you have information such as name, address, etc. This will help out the police in their investigation. However, the name and address that the person provided to you may also be false. Scammers use aliases and "drop houses" (houses that have been scoped out by the thieves as a safe haven to retrieve goods from a house that is not actually involved in the scam. Many times, the people don't even know that their house is a "drop house.") Please keep that in mind. Also, contact IC3 and file a complaint against the individual(s).

2.) Try to keep communication between you and the person to a minimum. Why? Because the more you contact them, the more it looks like you're involved. IF the person contacts you, contact the officer that took your report and give him/her the correspondence. This will help you and the officer in the investigation.

3.) The good news: mail fraud (which is what "scamming" really is) is considered a federal crime. Using the USPS to distribute and/or commit illegal and illicit activities carries harsh felony penalties if the person(s) is caught and brought to trial. Plus, if the package(s) are distributed across state lines, I believe (I'm not 100% sure on this) that any and all states involved can also file charges against the individual depending on the states' laws. In other words, if the person is caught, they go to jail. Oh and not just "any" jail, but rather federal prison. The United States does not take mail fraud lying down.

4.) The bad news: most scammers are rarely ever caught. If the scammers use aliases and fake addresses, it will be harder to bring them to justice. Please be aware of this fact.

So, I hope that everyone involved with this "scammer" can have a better understanding of what to do if they feel they have been scammed. The best thing you can do is contact your local law enforcement, who will then contact the correct federal authorities to investigate. If you have any other questions, please contact a mod for assistance. Thanks and good luck!

post_old.gif
Herbsnverbs
status_offline.gif
- 09-12-2008, 03:37 PM

No offense, but this shit sounds faker then a muthafucker.

You put her on your bed, gave her some "dried sex" and then stopped ... hmm. I find that kinda hard to believe.

Unless, however;
you just really don't like women.

My response:
Just wanted to point out that this scammer last commented on my first kiss blog and Now look who's the FAKER...

It is a shame there are lowlifes who scam. I wish these people would get prosecuted like the lady who scammed a mother and daughter of 2 cell phones (Seller sent her the picture of the cell phone, not the phone) and they sued her on Judge Judy and won. Judge Judy really gave it verbally to the scammer, it was great.

It is this reason why I do not trade/buy. I have not even used sites like Ebay because of scammers. Its a shame :/

[quote name='RenoTurk11']It is a shame there are lowlifes who scam. I wish these people would get prosecuted like the lady who scammed a mother and daughter of 2 cell phones (Seller sent her the picture of the cell phone, not the phone) and they sued her on Judge Judy and won. Judge Judy really gave it verbally to the scammer, it was great.

It is this reason why I do not trade/buy. I have not even used sites like Ebay because of scammers. Its a shame :/[/QUOTE]

Denying yourself on the off chance you're going to be scammed is just silly, recently there were what three scammers on the site? Okay but how many trades went off without a hitch in the same timeframe? Buy/trade from the more established people until you are established enough that you don't have to send first anymore unless you feel like it. It seems like over and over this stuff happens with people doing big trades but having little to no feedback between both parties.

[quote name='coolsteel']Denying yourself on the off chance you're going to be scammed is just silly, recently there were what three scammers on the site? Okay but how many trades went off without a hitch in the same timeframe? Buy/trade from the more established people until you are established enough that you don't have to send first anymore unless you feel like it. It seems like over and over this stuff happens with people doing big trades but having little to no feedback between both parties.[/quote]

Like Coolsteel said..... Even though it seems like a lot of people are getting scammed it is still a minor percent of the total number of people on this site and im sure there are tons of trades,etc. that still go on without a hitch to swear trading off. Trade like he said with more established CAG, lol it's funny that im saying this because im on that "Potential Bad Trader" list but if anyone has traded with me knows that im legit and I have made a bunch of trades,buys, and sales since the issue.

Actually I think the "Potential Bad Trader" list is a good idea but the people on the list should be taken off after a certain length of time especially if they have still been an active member on CAG and have been clean since then.

Who's at fault here? You sent him your Wii? That's like me throwing out $100 bills out the window while driving down the road and trying to flag down every person in the area to get my money back. All in all i do hope you get your wii back or just go to his house and rape his mother.

[quote name='popemogoth']Who's at fault here? You sent him your Wii? That's like me throwing out $100 bills out the window while driving down the road and trying to flag down every person in the area to get my money back. All in all i do hope you get your wii back or just go to his house and rape his mother.[/quote]

I'm not sure about that course of action...

[quote name='popemogoth']Who's at fault here? You sent him your Wii? That's like me throwing out $100 bills out the window while driving down the road and trying to flag down every person in the area to get my money back. [/quote]

You might want to read up on Business Law. I only had a semester of it, but Canquain's situation is nothing like your $100 example. They entered into a verbal contract not a Wii Giveaway.

Aww man i wish i can help, but i can only sympathize because I've been scammed before.

Im sorry but if you want your
iconwii.gif
back, probably the only possible way is to go to there house since there is no legal rights or such attached with trading on here.

The person whose myspace you found, said that her husband or boyfriend "bought" the wii off someone and played dumb about the whole thing.
I'm not sure is she really knows what he did do, or if she's sticking up for him.

I think I remember hearing a story where MS tracked down some guy's 360 because he reported it stolen. Maybe that might help, reporting it as stolen, in case they ever return it to Nintendo for repairs.

Of course, Nintendo's online is where near as capable tracking it down I'd bet.:whistle2:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back