Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm reading this right, the scammer lives in Springfield, OH, right?

If so, I wonder if any of those Wiis I'm seeing on Craigslist for sale from there is the system from that trade. Were any games sent with the system?

Ouch that's a rough loss. I trade a lot of computer hardware and on sites that have builtin feedback. Regardless, when someone tells me to ship first, I always refuse. Simple fact is, they can easily pay through paypal and if they get scammed, either call PP or chargeback on the CC. If you get scammed, nothing you can do.

Warning lights always go up for me when someone asks me to send first.

[quote name='Canquain']I dont think im trading on CAG no more lol...[/quote]I suggest fixing the outstanding issue you have with another CAG about you not sending your game out to them after 10 days from receiving payment, before you go hang your hat on CAG trading.

[quote name='Canquain']I dont think im trading on CAG no more lol...[/quote]
Wow, after reading Shrike's last comment, that's a pretty hypocritical comment you made. :roll:

[quote name='DarkRequiem']Wow, after reading Shrike's last comment, that's a pretty hypocritical comment you made. :roll:[/quote]He's been dealing with another CAG over a sale of Madden 09, and he hasn't shipped it out for over 10 days, with one issue after another being told as the reason for it not being shipped out.

[quote name='shrike4242']He's been dealing with another CAG over a sale of Madden 09, and he hasn't shipped it out for over 10 days, with one issue after another being told as the reason for it not being shipped out.[/quote]

Unreal.

[quote name='shrike4242']I suggest fixing the outstanding issue you have with another CAG about you not sending your game out to them after 10 days from receiving payment, before you go hang your hat on CAG trading.[/QUOTE]

unfreakinbelievable!

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Karma, Ain't it a BITCH![/quote]
That's not karma, that's just hypocrisy at it's finest. :)

ok got done reading all of this thread, :hot:

and let me get this straight the person who made this thread about being scammed buy a member on here over a wii.. is just as bad buy not paying someone for something they bought from another member...:bouncy:

that is messed up....... some one pinch me make sure i am not dreaming...:applause:

This is beyond me.
Seriously like a ridiculous soap opera on in the afternoon on the Spanish channel.
But with video games in place of..whatever is on Spanish soap operas.

I just got an email from Herbsnverbs today. It simply said "package was shipped." It didn't say when, didn't say if it was shipped before (which would be bullshit) or has been shipped recently (which I'm assuming would also be bullshit).

Just wanted to update everyone.

[quote name='salparadise78']I just got an email from Herbsnverbs today. It simply said "package was shipped." It didn't say when, didn't say if it was shipped before (which would be bullshit) or has been shipped recently (which I'm assuming would also be bullshit).

Just wanted to update everyone.[/quote]I'd call BS until it shows up, it's what you expected it to be, and it works.

I reported Herbs for mail fraud got a letter back from the USPS. Also reported her to ic3 nothing yet what else?

[quote name='Canquain']I reported Herbs for mail fraud got a letter back from the USPS. Also reported her to ic3 nothing yet what else?[/quote]

What did the letter say? It's my understanding that they take this sh*t seriously. I only had to threaten a guy with reporting him to get him to respond to me and clear things up.

The letter really just said the received my inquiry and other un important stuff but there investigating Right now. They say they will contact me if they need more info.

[quote name='Canquain']The letter really just said the received my inquiry and other un important stuff but there investigating Right now. They say they will contact me if they need more info.[/quote]

That's different than the ones I've filed in the past. I got a post card saying they were investigating it.

Then usually a week or so after, I got a letter with a return envelope & a form saying give him 30 days to send the stuff. If he does not, return the form saying so and federal charges will be brought against him(meaning more than likely, he'll have a warrant out for his arrest).

[quote name='tangytangerine']That's different than the ones I've filed in the past. I got a post card saying they were investigating it.

Then usually a week or so after, I got a letter with a return envelope & a form saying give him 30 days to send the stuff. If he does not, return the form saying so and federal charges will be brought against him(meaning more than likely, he'll have a warrant out for his arrest).[/quote]
Thats hat the letter said on ti we're investigating.

[quote name='Canquain']Thats hat the letter said on ti we're investigating.[/quote]

don't you got a pending payment YOU need to be worrying about?

[quote name='cmart05']don't you got a pending payment YOU need to be worrying about?[/quote]

What are you talking about...

[quote name='Vinny']What good would that really do? They could just stop using that account and create a new one.

Even if you mark their IP, they could ask their ISP to give them a new IP.[/quote]

I honestly do not think the scammers on here are smart enough to have their IP changed...I mean were they smart enough to have a different email than everything else? They are so stupid that it links back to pictures of themselves, their location, and their FULL name. The scammers on here seem mildly retarded.

Well i see that herbsnverb is permanently banned now so im officially scammed. Thanks for everyone help tho. =/

[quote name='Canquain']Well i see that herbsnverb is permanently banned now so im officially scammed. Thanks for everyone help tho. =/[/quote]
That sucks man. I gave up home about a month and a half ago. The asshole even emailed me about 2 weeks ago. I wonder what the point of emailing me was. It was so after the fact and I figured i had been scammed already. What a douche.

Its funny how the Mail Fraud is the only thing that helped. IC3..nothing... Im still waiting on another letter from Postal Office.

IC3 is pointless..

They wont respond until you get a couple grand worth of theft

I lost 780 for 2 consoles on another forum..i reported to the IC3 and his district police department....

Eventually, the police responded but the IC3 didnt even reply

I haven't heard anything from the other 2 guys scammed by herbsnverbs...

Guess this is another scammer who got away.

I'm real sorry to hear about everyone who got scammed by this douche. I honestly don't understand how people can do things like this with a clear conscience.

[quote name='merchantofsoul']I'm real sorry to hear about everyone who got scammed by this douche. I honestly don't understand how people can do things like this with a clear conscience.[/quote]

Come on man, the world is full of them.

I didnt read the whole thread, but im sure theres a lot you could do?
You have his address correct? Thats a damn good place to start if your scammed. Call the cops and charge him with theft? File mail fraud?

Sucks to be scammed.

Maybe some cagmiddlemen can be created to help out with trades that involve trades over 100dollars or something?

Did you call the cops?
What did they say?

It sucks that you have the name and address of thescammer and all the cops have to do is visit that address and find the stolen goods. (although they could of been pawned)

Actually Posting the Real Name and address of the scammer will help out future cags who may trade with this same scammer under a different nickname.

[quote name='Canquain']Didnt Call cops they wont do nothing. In plus its to late person probably moved or something.[/QUOTE]

Depending on the amount of what was stolen, yeah, the will do something.

Ive done it on a few occasions and recieved my stuff back or what I was suppose to get all but 1 time.

All you have to do is file a theft with your local pd. The amount depends on wether or not theyll do anything about it.

What you need to have is all emails stating whats to be done and what was suppose to go down. Proof they got what you sent and thats enough.

This thread was a good read, I feel sorry for all the parties negatively involved.
Will remember all the information I gathered from this thread for my future trades with members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back