Scammed by Herbsnverbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping for the best for you guys.
I was almost scammed $100 worth of games by cheapfitzguy but thanks to pookymeister's involvement it was resolved. This experiences lead to paranoia :/.
I know how you guys feel and it plain sucks. I was left in the dark for nearly 3 months until he was forced to finally pay, others weren't as lucky as me :(.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.

-Bry

Interesting finding this thread today. My vote is that Herbsnverbs is a scammer. I posted a PSP system for sale about a week ago and he PM'd me expressing interest. He asked if he could pay via money order which was okay by me but he would not send money before I shipped him the system. Even though I showed him references from ebay, etc. he claimed he was still too nervous to ship the money first- at which point I knew something was up.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt being a very cautious trader but never intended to send my PSP out to him until he sent money. Now I know he's up to no good. Trading online just does not work that way. NEVER EVER SEND YOUR ITEM OUT BEFORE RECEIVING PAYMENT. It sucks for the buyer but as the seller you are in control of the transaction. Nobody would ever trade anything online unless there was some initial action taken and IMO it's up to the buyer to check the seller's refs and decide to make that first move by sending payment. The buyer can further protect themselves by using a secure payment method like Paypal. As the seller once you send your item off it's gone, and you're most likely never getting it back.

I'm glad I didn't send anything out to him but honestly never really intended to. You just gotta learn to spot the BS and be patient for another buyer.

Ruahrc

I got a myspace message back from the girl, she acted pretty oblivious to what was going on, didn't know what CAG meant or anything.

anyone who was affected or potentially affected by herbsnverbs - PM both myself and Shrike4242 with the details. We are in contact with HnV and looking into the situation.

Doing some random Google searches and searches here on CAG:

1) He has an eBay account that didn't come up as NARU when I searched for it via his email address he has listed on CAG, from some auctions he had posted here. I couldn't get the eBay ID from the email address, as I didn't have any dealings with him, so I shot an email to eBay to see what they'd do. I doubt they'll do anything.
2) He has the same username on 360voice.com and buckeyeplanet.com , so I'm assuming it's the same username in other places.
3) His GT is the same one listed on 360voice.com as it is here, so it's likelya valid GT. Shows he played COD4 on the 5th, so it's relatively recent.
4) He's had one run in with the law:
http://www.cagcast.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3891681&postcount=48

Herbsnverbs sent me a PM today. this is what she says.

"Sorry; for the delay.

I have been extremely busy; I will send out payment tomorrow; Saturday the October 11.

Thanks;
Allen."

Lets hope she can keep her word.

If my memory serves me right , I had a trade offer made by him (her?) several months ago (back around may I think) for one of my 360 controllers. Deal never ended up going through , partly because of poor communication (responded very slowly to my pm's) and partly cause they kept trying to talk me down on the price , which I wouldn't budge on. I think my feedback also kept them away (it wasn't as high then as it is now , but it was probably in the 40s at least).

Granted this really has nothing to do with the case at hand , but I just felt like adding in some of my personal experience with them.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Not to be mean or anything, but something, VERY BAD will happen to her soon. Karma FTFW.[/quote]

You are like a sadistic earl hickey.

id like to thank everyone who has put in info so far. i contacted the springfield post office and they are keeping an eye out for the package to have it intercepted and sent back to me. to canuain

lol message got cut off hit enter by accident. to canquain if you do end up getting scammed and they are just pulling your chain on paying you.....well if i can intercept the ps2 bundle i sent and get package back ill shoot you over 10$ paypal to help ease some of the pain. just keep us posted bro. as of right now if its legit i can always resend package if i can get it back. but ill keep everyone posted.
many thanks,
ed anderson

yah but im still suspicious
she sent me a message saying this.........
I've had a trade w/ a couple of users who have been impatient.

Everything is in the process of getting sorted out.
still makes me worry some id rather hopefully intercept the package and lose 15$ on shipping then the whole 240$ besides if herbs does turn out to be legit and pays you i can redo a trade then afterwards. but for now playing it safe. either way i mean that one promise bro if i can get package back and you do really get scammed ill help you some and toss 10$ paypal. im sure many others will help you out too. i mainly trade on gametz and then amazon/ebay but all my feedback is 100% pos and im a very nice guy so wouldnt mind helping a person in need out.

If herbs has read this thread, he/she is probably crapping their pants over the possibility of a mail fraud charge. I have a feeling this might light a fire to potentially settle. The person with the PS2 bundle did the right thing getting a package intercept. If you get paid, just send the bundle but everything is too suspicious.

Scammers suck so bad they leave a hickey on the internet. (among other things)

Karma man, karma..............

you can just call me your user name ed =P cause well my name is ed hehe. either way bro i appreciate all your pms. i was so disgusted with myself last night for being so trustworthy i got sick to my stomach. luckily gf was here and helped to calm me down along with you sending me pms. i really do appreciate it bro.
ed

[quote name='gauu']you can just call me your user name ed =P cause well my name is ed hehe. either way bro i appreciate all your pms. i was so disgusted with myself last night for being so trustworthy i got sick to my stomach. luckily gf was here and helped to calm me down along with you sending me pms. i really do appreciate it bro.
ed[/quote]

Glad you are getting this intercepted. Good luck from one Ed to another.

cant count my chickens yet bro the post office is keeping an eye out. as well as i. so first thing 8am tomorrow if tracking updates again ill be calling for sure. but yah im hoping something good happens for yah cause you have a good heart.
thanks,
ed

I can't get mines intercepted she already received it. But hopefully she sends me payment like she said she will.

[quote name='Canquain']I can't get mines intercepted she already received it. But hopefully she sends me payment like she said she will.[/quote]

Keep us updated! Communication from the trader is a step in right direction but when you finally get paid, there will be closure. I am hoping this is not a scam but herbs will never get a trade from me.

The stress this causes is unacceptable herbsnverbs if you are reading this.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']Keep us updated! Communication from the trader is a step in right direction but when you finally get paid, there will be closure. I am hoping this is not a scam but herbs will never get a trade from me.

The stress this causes is unacceptable herbsnverbs if you are reading this.[/quote]
Well its not just me remember there's another Guy its me and Gauu. Also another person who sent her 4 Games.

[quote name='david12795']aaaand me I sent her my megaman aniversary collection and my gc memory card :bomb:[/quote]
Wow, Serious how much was she suppose to send you and when was the last time she PMed you?

[quote name='Canquain']Wow, Serious how much was she suppose to send you and when was the last time she PMed you?[/quote]

No we were going to trade and ship at the same time. She was going to give me her wind waker/master quest

[quote name='david12795']No we were going to trade and ship at the same time. She was going to give me her wind waker/master quest[/quote]
Did she ever give you a tracking n umber or anything after you did? If not then you're in the same situation as me.

dont worry bonemonkey i made sure to call 8am today lady put out notices at postoffice to all the carriers. i also checked back at 5pm she said didnt come in todays shipments. so yah 8am on the dot tomorrow im calling. will keep all posted

From what I have heard from other mods, Shrike is the best at pursuing issues like this and has already posted in this thread. 4 people getting potentially scammed does not sit well with anybody. (let alone 1) CAG's will not tolerate this crap....................

[quote name='Canquain']Did she ever give you a tracking n umber or anything after you did? If not then you're in the same situation as me.[/quote]

Nope. she said there was too many items to ship.

[quote name='DAWG26']nooooooooooooooo do not take payment from western union.[/quote]

I thought it was always not to send payment via western union , since most scams usually involve wiring money via western union , then they vanish.

[quote name='Rig']Just to echo DAWG26:

Do NOT use Western Union.

It needed to be said again.[/quote]

Newer CAG's will appreciate this advice Rig. I respect your posts and that of DAWG26.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='StarKnightX']I thought it was always not to send payment via western union , since most scams usually involve wiring money via western union , then they vanish.[/quote]

It's fine to receive money via Western Union. You walk into any place that gives out Western Union money, like a Supermarket, with your transaction number. You walk out with cash. Pretty Simple. That's why scammers want to be paid with it.

[quote name='Pookymeister']It's fine to receive money via Western Union. You walk into any place that gives out Western Union money, like a Supermarket, with your transaction number. You walk out with cash. Pretty Simple. That's why scammers want to be paid with it.[/quote]

That's what I thought , I was just confused by this....

[quote name='DAWG26']nooooooooooooooo do not take payment from western union.[/quote]

And everyone seemed to just agree with him , that's why I said what I said. I always see on news shows about never paying with western union unless it's somebody you REALLY know.

im trying to intercept my package still says arrival at unit but still no luck keeping fingers crossed that got it.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back