Scammed by mackdaddy226

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he is laughing. And probably thinking nothing can be done.
Well, we have:
- Name, address
- People submitting complaints to the local police department, USPS, ic3.gov.
- gamer tag (possibly) While this isn't a huge deal, could be fun. :)

Yes, really funny. And the punch line is as pointed earlier, mail fraud is illegal, and not too good across state lines either.
So yes, I hope he is coming back and having a laugh.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Game copies are not tagged in any way, so there's really nothing you can do here.

The only other thing I recommend doing is contacting the person, telling them you are going to pursue legal action if the games are not returned (contact where you sent to first). However, I recommend we keep our talk about what to do to a minimum (in the open forum), since I have a feeling mackdaddy226 is probably reading this and laughing at everyone right now unfortunately (while this is a serious situation, no doubt).[/QUOTE]

Ha ha this seems to be coming together nicely. I'm not one to advocate a crime, but it would be pretty funny if a CAGer who lives near his location took the time to shaq fu with him and maybe his car. Throwing a brick through his windshield with a note that says "Quit stealing from people online." would make me smile, not that I expect anyone to do it or anything. :)

I can't remember if he's in my area or not (pretty sure he isn't). As for the brick, I would put what was suggested from the herbsnverbs thread: DON'T fuck WITH CAG!

This guy is SO lucky he isn't in my area. And screw the windshield. The brick would go right through his living room window.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']looks like me too, i traded some stuff to him and got no reply[/quote]
i sent him gta 4 used on the way already, he said he will give me $22 cash in return. i saw he had 3 trader things so i didn't mind doing it.

i have delivery conf too

rofl he was my first trade

[quote name='zepheron']I'm debating more, but I have contacted his local police, have filed a complaint at ic3.gov and also the USPS mail fraud detection.. thing.. whatever.. thing. At the moment it seems we have all his "real" information, and the cops are to call me back on Monday with more information.[/quote]way to go man...

yeah, he almost suckered me out of my black 360 controller. I ended up canceling though cause I had a gut feeling. Always go with your gut (and common sense) on trades.

[quote name='Yamato']yeah, he almost suckered me out of my black 360 controller. I ended up canceling though cause I had a gut feeling. Always go with your gut (and common sense) on trades.[/quote]
I said "paypal only" and he wrote back "nevermind" then i had a mind change, :drool: and said okay.

Also: someone mentioned earlier i can contact a postmaster and have the delivery stopped? ill try that, the game hasn't left my state yet.

[quote name='armageddon']I said "paypal only" and he wrote back "nevermind" then i had a mind change, :drool: and said okay.[/QUOTE]The guy certainly has PayPal (according to GameTZ).

[quote name='armageddon']I said "paypal only" and he wrote back "nevermind" then i had a mind change, :drool: and said okay.

Also: someone mentioned earlier i can contact a postmaster and have the delivery stopped? ill try that, the game hasn't left my state yet.[/quote]

Yeah.. I haven't ever done it, but you should be able to.

I love CAG so much and I will never stop trading here and I hate when someone gets scammed, I hope it doesn't scare you off zeph, stick around.

[quote name='optimusprime8062']Yeah, I was just scammed on eBay for the first time (thread). I never thought it would happen. Weird. Luckily, its all through PayPal, so I think I can get it sorted...but its annoying. My guess is that the economy is doing pretty bad right now and scamming is going to go up. Really, there isnt any excuse. Hopefully the guy who scammed you gets in some sort of trouble. If the police show up at his door, he will at least be scared to death.[/quote]
Im dealing with an ebay mishap too.. person hasn't paid me, had 16 100% feedback.

Hell yes! X = win. Megaman X for SNES also = first game I bought for myself.. from a pawn shop when I was uhh.. 8? A collection of dollars given to me by my mother for lunch money that I saved.

[quote name='zepheron']Hell yes! X = win. Megaman X for SNES also = first game I bought for myself.. from a pawn shop when I was uhh.. 8? A collection of dollars given to me by my mother for lunch money that I saved.[/QUOTE]

Woah..

Megaman X for SNES is also the first game I've ever bought. I ALSO got it from a pawnshop.

However, I found $20 outside of McDonald's, no lunch money scam. :)

Weird either way. *Twilight Zone sound* duh nuh nuh nuh, duh nuh nuh nuh.

seems like maybe adding insurance along with dc and or signature confirmation may be the way to do all future trades. although i dunno if insurance can help when a person is scammed. also as far as a new way to trade goes the best way i could think of is to find a company or a person who can receive each part of said trade and then send them out once they get both but i dont see that ever happening or anyone wanting to be the middleman. not to mention all the extra money youd have to pay in shipping fees.

[quote name='Yamato']Woah..

Megaman X for SNES is also the first game I've ever bought. I ALSO got it from a pawnshop.

However, I found $20 outside of McDonald's, no lunch money scam. :)

Weird either way. *Twilight Zone sound* duh nuh nuh nuh, duh nuh nuh nuh.[/quote]

lol wow, that's pretty amazing, actually! *Twilight Zone sound continues*

[quote name='lokizz']seems like maybe adding insurance along with dc and or signature confirmation may be the way to do all future trades. although i dunno if insurance can help when a person is scammed. also as far as a new way to trade goes the best way i could think of is to find a company or a person who can receive each part of said trade and then send them out once they get both but i dont see that ever happening or anyone wanting to be the middleman. not to mention all the extra money youd have to pay in shipping fees.[/quote]

I could be wrong, but I don't think insurance would matter in this case, as it's only good up to the point that the person gets their package. (It would cover damage/loss on USPS's part.)

I don't think signature confirmation would be beneficial either. That's basically just to ensure that the person you sent the package to received the package. Since most of the scammers on here turn tail and leave the site, you already know they got the stuff themselves.

DC should always be on a package, no question.

[quote name='lokizz']seems like maybe adding insurance along with dc and or signature confirmation may be the way to do all future trades. although i dunno if insurance can help when a person is scammed. also as far as a new way to trade goes the best way i could think of is to find a company or a person who can receive each part of said trade and then send them out once they get both but i dont see that ever happening or anyone wanting to be the middleman. not to mention all the extra money youd have to pay in shipping fees.[/quote]
Yes middleman thing is definitely not practical it would cost too much, but maybe from now on no one should accept concealed cash. I think that scammers are still a very small %.

by the way: you either get sig conf or dc conf. sig conf comes with dc conf.

Two wrongs don't make a right PhrostByte, let's hit him where it hurts, and that's in his wallet/police/etc. If all of the victims involved all contact the same PD, it guarantees that they will give him some more weight. How many people have been scammed by this guy and what was taken? Perhaps we can get some updates in the OP's original post so that we know what we're dealing with here.

I've updated my original post to show items lost.. if anyone else that has dealt with this trader hasn't posted on this thread yet (or I missed).. please do!

[quote name='zepheron']I've updated my original post to show items lost.. if anyone else that has dealt with this trader hasn't posted on this thread yet (or I missed).. please do![/quote]
You've contacted his local PD as well? Just because if the volume of complaints is of a great deal then there is a good shot that the cops will actually show up at his door.

All right, I'll tell everyone what's going on. We checked two addresses people have used to send stuff to mackdaddy226. One was a flower shop while the other was an actual house. The actual house had a completely different last name from who mackdaddy226 claimed to be (well, normally we just think parents are divorced or maybe adopted), and it appears they don't know who he is. The floral shop owner has the same last name as the one home address, but he's much older (seems like a Grandparent age). They have not answered the phone. All of this is taking place in the exact same area of St. Louis where that person I and others felt mackdaddy226 is lives (same high school district too).

What we are trying to do is find the common ground, that brings name we were given and the names we found together.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I'll tell everyone what's going on. We checked two addresses people have used to send stuff to mackdaddy226. One was a flower shop while the other was an actual house. The actual house had a completely different last name from who mackdaddy226 claimed to be (well, normally we just think parents are divorced or maybe adopted), and it appears they don't know who he is. The floral shop owner has the same last name as the one home address, but he's much older (seems like a Grandparent age). They have not answered the phone. All of this is taking place in the exact same area of St. Louis where that person I and others felt mackdaddy226 is lives (same high school district too).

What we are trying to do is find the common ground, that brings name we were given and the names we found together.[/quote]

:applause: Simply Amazing!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']All right, I'll tell everyone what's going on. We checked two addresses people have used to send stuff to mackdaddy226. One was a flower shop while the other was an actual house. The actual house had a completely different last name from who mackdaddy226 claimed to be (well, normally we just think parents are divorced or maybe adopted), and it appears they don't know who he is. The floral shop owner has the same last name as the one home address, but he's much older (seems like a Grandparent age). They have not answered the phone. All of this is taking place in the exact same area of St. Louis where that person I and others felt mackdaddy226 is lives (same high school district too).

What we are trying to do is find the common ground, that brings name we were given and the names we found together.[/quote]
i sent zeph the address he gave me. so maybe that will help too.

ill send you the address too. I called the postmaster he said it is a federal crime and gave me the number for postal inspector thing. Im going to look up the address and make sure its a home.

edit: looked it up, and he gave me the flower shop address too, wtf.

Just to make life interesting, this showed up via PM:

[quote name='mackdaddy226']I'm sending the games back, there's a long story behind it but I'll exclude that for now, I've already PM'd Zeph, and howlinmad, even though I haven't received anything from howl yet, never have. I can't view the forum so who else sent items? or maybe I'll log out and check then log back in and PM them.[/quote]

I sent him the list of CAGs and games from the OP, though DaChicagoBears needs to get off his backside and mention what's missing.

He just sent me a PM saying he thought I was supposed to send MK vs DC (wish I had it, if I did it wouldn't be traded :) ) and was confused when he got Ninja Gaiden 2.

Oh well, anyway the guy is apparently trying to make things right, so I guess we should get off of him now.

[quote name='shrike4242']Just to make life interesting, this showed up via PM:

Originally Posted by mackdaddy226
I'm sending the games back, there's a long story behind it but I'll exclude that for now, I've already PM'd Zeph, and howlinmad, even though I haven't received anything from howl yet, never have. I can't view the forum so who else sent items? or maybe I'll log out and check then log back in and PM them.

I sent him the list of CAGs and games from the OP, though DaChicagoBears needs to get off his backside and mention what's missing.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm glad it looks like everyone will be getting their stuff back. However, I would not get too excited until its sitting right at your door/inside mailbox.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I'm glad it looks like everyone will be getting their stuff back. However, I would not get too excited until its sitting right at your door/inside mailbox.[/quote]Agreed.

This is one of the most interesting and optimistic potential resolution scam threads I have read. I truly believe that the scammer is scared to the point he may need Depends.

[quote name='shrike4242']Just to make life interesting, this showed up via PM:

I sent him the list of CAGs and games from the OP, though DaChicagoBears needs to get off his backside and mention what's missing.[/quote]wow it would be a lot better if this lowlife would just pay for the games.

does anyone know how he is going to be able to get the games that were delivered to the flower shop? im guessing he must have access to them, even though somebody who called said that they didn't know anything about it? dunno.

[quote name='yukine']Interesting...[/quote]yeah, people have already reported him. he should have to pay us all the value of the games and send them back now.

[quote name='Yamato']Must have scared him enough to realize that you don't mess with Cheap Ass Gamer![/quote]
guy must be very naïve
[quote name='Socheata']Wow, interesting turn of events. I'm sure if we dug a little deeper, we would find out who he really was.[/quote]i thought we already did

[quote name='howlinmad']He just sent me a PM saying he thought I was supposed to send MK vs DC (wish I had it, if I did it wouldn't be traded :) ) and was confused when he got Ninja Gaiden 2.

Oh well, anyway the guy is apparently trying to make things right, so I guess we should get off of him now.[/quote]but what would he do that for, he sent a pm to shike saying hes sending everything back?

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I'm glad it looks like everyone will be getting their stuff back. However, I would not get too excited until its sitting right at your door/inside mailbox.[/quote]yea

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Well, I'm glad it looks like everyone will be getting their stuff back. However, I would not get too excited until its sitting right at your door/inside mailbox.[/quote]

In other words mackdaddy, you better hurry and send the games back asap or else the relentless pressure will continue to be administered on to you.
The CAG members have already gone this far in this short amount of time, surprise even me really, so there are absolutely no chances for you to hide unless your bin laden.

Yeah, I got the same PM from him while I was at work tonight. "What did you send me so I can fix this?"

I sent a message back. howlinmad, I PMed you back as well.

Interesting/funny note: I finally got hold of someone at the flower shop tonight on my break (been calling all afternoon).. an extremely old man answered, couldn't understand a word I was saying. I told him I was from Florida, and if he knew a Chris Atkins.. he of course did not, and I tried to explain the situation at hand.. but he was like.. "well I hope the oranges are doing alright in Florida! I can't hear you so I'm gonna go now.. hope this isn't important, bye-bye!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back