Scammed by mackdaddy226

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting turn of events. Hopefully this turns out well...the scammer should still be banned from ever trading again, regardless of the outcome.

[quote name='zepheron']Yeah, I got the same PM from him while I was at work tonight. "What did you send me so I can fix this?"

I sent a message back. howlinmad, I PMed you back as well.

Interesting/funny note: I finally got hold of someone at the flower shop tonight on my break (been calling all afternoon).. an extremely old man answered, couldn't understand a word I was saying. I told him I was from Florida, and if he knew a Chris Atkins.. he of course did not, and I tried to explain the situation at hand.. but he was like.. "well I hope the oranges are doing alright in Florida! I can't hear you so I'm gonna go now.. hope this isn't important, bye-bye!"[/quote]
that is pretty funny, but if he has no connection with the flower shop then some of us are not getting our games back... this is weird as hell

[quote name='Placebo']Interesting turn of events. Hopefully this turns out well...the scammer should still be banned from ever trading again, regardless of the outcome.[/quote]

After everyone gets everything back he should still be prosecuted just out of spite. :)

[quote name='armageddon']that is pretty funny, but if he has no connection with the flower shop then some of us are not getting our games back... this is weird as hell[/quote]

There's no way he'd send to an address he couldn't get them from, that would be ridiculous. Anyway, we are 90% certain we saw him playing them on Xbox Live

Don't scare him off guys. Even if he can't read this stuff, if you are still going to threaten him with him now complying, and even if he is a complete idiot, then he may go back into hidding and not want to respond to help since he wouldn't have much to lose.

Let's first see how well he comes along with him promises and his plea to make things right and see how you feel then after all is returned.

[quote name='supraazn']In other words mackdaddy, you better hurry and send the games back asap or else the relentless pressure will continue to be administered on to you.
The CAG members have already gone this far in this short amount of time, surprise even me really, so there are absolutely no chances for you to hide unless your bin laden.[/QUOTE]Yeah, which is why I'm going to post this:

I remember with DrunkPollock, he/she said he felt sorry for me getting scammed and that he/she would try to send me some other game. I never got something. He/she also tried claiming a relative did all this scamming and he'd work with us to track him down, but that didn't go anywhere.

A few called cheapfitzguy on the phone and he told people he's sorry that customs holds games for too long, but he will try to complete the trades (but never completed them). There was even PMs sent back and forth between him and shrike where I could have sworn he mentioned he'd look into completing various trades if a list was made, but still never happened.

Anbu_Zim kept claiming a check would be sent over and over again, and it came destroyed. Instead of instantly sending another, more time was wasted.

Some people have done a trick to try to buy some time. But at the same time we had some refund the money, try to complete the trade, or send stuff back. mackdaddy226 could be doing anything possible to send everyone their stuff back, or he could be trying to buy some time. I really hope he comes through and sends everything back.

Regardless, I still think this situation seems WAY too weird.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Yeah, which is why I'm going to post this:

I remember with DrunkPollock, he/she said he felt sorry for me getting scammed and that he/she would try to send me some other game. I never got something. He/she also tried claiming a relative did all this scamming and he'd work with us to track him down, but that didn't go anywhere.

A few called cheapfitzguy on the phone and he told people he's sorry that customs holds games for too long, but he will try to complete the trades (but never completed them). There was even PMs sent back and forth between him and shrike where I could have sworn he mentioned he'd look into completing various trades if a list was made, but still never happened.

Anbu_Zim kept claiming a check would be sent over and over again, and it came destroyed. Instead of instantly sending another, more time was wasted.

Some people have done a trick to try to buy some time. But at the same time we had some refund the money, try to complete the trade, or send stuff back. mackdaddy226 could be doing anything possible to send everyone their stuff back, or he could be trying to buy some time. I really hope he comes through and sends everything back.

Regardless, I still think this situation seems WAY too weird.[/quote]

This isn't weird at all. He's a lying thief, it's exactly how he does things. I suggest the people who he's stealing from give a firm deadline before seriously moving forward with criminal charges.

He needs to have things in the mail by no later than tomorrow. He stole, he was caught, and he needs to make things right as soon as possible. He doesn't deserve patience or understanding. Make things right in a very timely manner or face the consequences. Hell, I'm even a fan of pressing charges on this guy, even if he makes things right, just to be a dick.

[quote name='MikeBastard']This isn't weird at all. He's a lying thief, it's exactly how he does things. I suggest the people who he's stealing from give a firm deadline before seriously moving forward with criminal charges.

He needs to have things in the mail by no later than tomorrow. He stole, he was caught, and he needs to make things right as soon as possible. He doesn't deserve patience or understanding. Make things right in a very timely manner or face the consequences. Hell, I'm even a fan of pressing charges on this guy, even if he makes things right, just to be a dick.[/QUOTE]

QFT all the way.

What I was saying is that mackdaddy should make it right as soon as possible to save himself A LOT of grief.
Having to deal with the police and a good possibility of having criminal charges is not worth it for a few video games.

This is a simple property crime, if he makes total amends to the victims there will be no reason to pursue criminal charges anymore.
Hopefully he learns from his mistakes this time, and if he tries to scam again anywhere, he probably will find less forgiving people.

He made too many mistakes and left too much evidences behind so his only choice is to comply. So return the items in a timely manner Mackdaddy and it can only benefit you at the end, you hear?

[quote name='shrike4242']Just to make life interesting, this showed up via PM:

I sent him the list of CAGs and games from the OP, though DaChicagoBears needs to get off his backside and mention what's missing.[/quote]

im missing a 20gb hard drive and the outfit as well as command and conquer 3 (for the 360)

I would still press charges, this guy scammed you, got caught. He still is committing the crime.

The guy could have listed the Floral Shop as an address and went to check the mail box to pick up the games before the old guy. This happens a lot in scams.

This guy also can't remember what game he got from who? Give me a break. That is such a scammer response. I hope he likes prison, he should be old enough to get tried like an adult. Kid must have not taken a law class.

Yeah, I demanded shipment by Wednesday with DC#. I also am going to call the police department back again and see what exactly they did.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']im missing a 20gb hard drive and the outfit as well as command and conquer 3 (for the 360)[/QUOTE]Speaking of those games, look at another capture of what I caught that same person playing:
XBLgames2.jpg

Also, when looking back at this thread, it said wants a 20GB HDD:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4723826

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lokizz']dont you have to put in your real info to use xbox live? is there any way of finding out who he is through that ?[/quote]
I HIGHLY DOUBT Microsoft would share personal information of one of their users with us.

Anyway, I'm almost certain this is his address. The area he lives in is, well, a "bad" area.

I've been reading this thread for a while, only like pages 1-3, and then 8-9. Just wondering, what has happened about the police yet? Have they went to his house or anything?

^LOL The police don't give a shit about mail fraud, they have more important things to worry about, especially if he lives in a shitty area.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Speaking of those games, look at another capture of what I caught that same person playing:
XBLgames2.jpg

Also, when looking back at this thread, it said wants a 20GB HDD:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4723826[/quote]

You didn't catch him playing anything. If it says 0 points and "Last Played Online: Never", it means that Chris7492 has never put that game in his 360, but the person you compared him to has.

[quote name='Scorch']You didn't catch him playing anything. If it says 0 points and "Last Played Online: Never", it means that Chris7492 has never put that game in his 360, but the person you compared him to has.[/quote]

That's not true. That just means he wasn't connected to Live when he played. Looking at his gamercard right now online, not comparing it to anyone and I see the same thing. It would say "Not played by (gamertag)" if he had never played.

[quote name='Scorch']You didn't catch him playing anything. If it says 0 points and "Last Played Online: Never", it means that Chris7492 has never put that game in his 360, but the person you compared him to has.[/QUOTE]

Not if he screen capped that off of Xbox.com, you may want to check your facts first before calling people out there. All you have to do is type in the persons gamertag and if they don't have things blocked, you can see whatever you want without having to compare anything.

[quote name='Scorch']You didn't catch him playing anything. If it says 0 points and "Last Played Online: Never", it means that Chris7492 has never put that game in his 360, but the person you compared him to has.[/QUOTE]I compared him to me. I have played The Outfit, yet I NEVER played Command & Conquer 3, Guitar Hero 3, Army of Two, etc.

You are incorrect because here is how it works:
-If someone played online and it logged it, it says what date they were last online playing it.
-If someone played a game offline, but eventually logged into XBL later (never actually played the game online), it says "never".
-If a game was not played by someone, it specifically says "Not Played by (insert gamertag name)".

Trust me on this, I'm quite serious. If you need me to capture for proof, I can do that.

Oh. Well. Pass me the dunce cap! Sorry about that. I was assuming the 0 and "Last played online: Never" were equal to the "--" you see when comparing games with someone on Live that hasn't played a game that you have.

[quote name='armageddon']Also demanded shipment back by tomorrow with dc # and the money, just now sent a pm or will take action.[/quote]Uh, why are you asking for your game back, which is being shipped back at his expense, and the money? :whistle2:s That one doesn't make much sense to me.

[quote name='shrike4242']Uh, why are you asking for your game back, which is being shipped back at his expense, and the money? :whistle2:s That one doesn't make much sense to me.[/quote]
I was also confused when I read that.

I have an address for this guy as I sold skate 2 to him a while back so if you want to compare what he sent you as his address and what I have PM me

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']any one get anything back?[/quote]I have DC #'s for shipments back to howlinmad and DaChicagoBear and supposedly Armgeddon's package is being sent back done as return to sender.

zepheron's package was waiting on the return address and should be shipped out shortly, if not already.

All I have to say shrike is

WOW!

I wished all the scams ended like this one. Thats great. Im glad you guys are getting your stuff back.

On a side note whats happens after this?

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']

On a side note whats happens after this?[/quote]

Whoa, keep your pants on now.

It's still not entirely resolve yet so lets wait until the victims have ALL their items in hand and satisfied first, then they'll discuss what happens next.

[quote name='supraazn']Whoa, keep your pants on now.

It's still not entirely resolve yet so lets wait until the victims have ALL their items in hand and satisfied first, then they'll discuss what happens next.[/QUOTE]Exactly because I'll never forget a case on Judge Judy where someone ordered two cell phones on ebay, and got pictures of the cell phone instead. It could even be a box or rocks with a DC# on it. We will wait and see once the stuff arrives.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Exactly because I'll never forget a case on Judge Judy where someone ordered two cell phones on ebay, and got pictures of the cell phone instead. It could even be a box or rocks with a DC# on it. We will wait and see once the stuff arrives.[/QUOTE]

Haha... I saw that one too. I remember it was a mom and her daughter... and damn, they were hot. The seller was this fat, ugly girl though.:lol:

Hopefully this works out for you guys.

thanks vinny

[quote name='shrike4242']I have DC #'s for shipments back to howlinmad and DaChicagoBear and supposedly Armgeddon's package is being sent back done as return to sender.

zepheron's package was waiting on the return address and should be shipped out shortly, if not already.[/quote]
sounds good hope everyone gets their stuff

I wonder if we will ever find out why he suddenly decided to send anything back, it's not like he had a fear of getting caught since no one seemed to have his real address.

Hm. The only acceptable reason for not putting a tracking number on is if it is an international shipment (costs much more than 50c)

In Canada, DCs cost more than 50c even within Canada, but regardless I don't think it is more than $1.

[quote name='Placebo']Hm. The only acceptable reason for not putting a tracking number on is if it is an international shipment (costs much more than 50c)

In Canada, DCs cost more than 50c even within Canada, but regardless I don't think it is more than $1.[/QUOTE]It only costs around $0.65-$0.75 to use a DC# in the U.S. I can somewhat understand coming up short, but I do try to put it on even though I'd make less money overall (because I care to make sure the item arrives ok).

[quote name='yukine']I wonder if we will ever find out why he suddenly decided to send anything back, it's not like he had a fear of getting caught since no one seemed to have his real address.[/quote]
I found what I believe to be his real address, actually, when I was working with Mana Knight.

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Just got my stuff my back, everything came back, though the 20gb hd was erased of all my memory...but i still got it back and that's all that maters[/quote]

WOW talk about a scam gone wrong! Its good to see you got your stuff back, hope everyone else gets theirs! CAG all da way

[quote name='DaChicagoBear1']Just got my stuff my back, everything came back, though the 20gb hd was erased of all my memory...but i still got it back and that's all that maters[/quote]

Sweet. Glad to hear you got your stuff back. I assumed you erased your hdd before attempting to trade it anyways so it's better to have your hdd back than not at all.

i still think charges should be pressed. just because he didnt get away with the scam, you cant forget he still tried to scam you people. so what if he gets criminal charges? it will be a lesson for other scammers out there. its people like him why i wont trade online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back