Scott Pilgrim: The Game PSN preorder + Sex Bob-Omb PS Home Shirt $8.99 again @UbiShop

lawl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
J1Ux2.jpg

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_...2000/Scott-Pilgrim-Vs-The-World-The-Game.html

Just did it, you get the codes right away to redeem on the 10th.

Use code 10THANKS to save $1 (thx to ShockandAww)

Last edited by a moderator:
This game is absolutely FANTASTIC. The sprites, soundtrack, gameplay, and references all make this game top notch, and it is DEFINITELY worth $10. Like somebody else said, it really helps to read the "How to Play" menu- I never would have found out you could taunt, or do the band attack without it. Just make sure that if you play with other people that they sign into profiles- they won't be able to save their characters without them.

Also, for those who don't know, there are apparently a LOT of hidden cheat codes that are references to older games. There's a topic on GameFAQs:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961764-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world/55952331

Nothing major's been found yet, but I'm expecting people to go crazy with this and find about everything there is to know soon enough. :p

[quote name='shytface']Still looking to unload my codes, $9 even if you can do gifted PayPal, pm me.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you dump one on Goozex? Mine (as well as the person before me) just traded our extra at 900 points. Not sure if you can do multiples (Goozex is pretty weird when it comes to d/l games and sometimes only lets you do it once).

I'm loving this game so far. I would have never bought it if it wasn't for this $1 off coupon though (yup, I'm cheap) lol so thanks op. I kinda really wanna see the movie now... I was interested before but the game caused me to look crap up and me likey....

[quote name='USB Cable']I'm loving this game so far. I would have never bought it if it wasn't for this $1 off coupon though (yup, I'm cheap) lol so thanks op. I kinda really wanna see the movie now... I was interested before but the game caused me to look crap up and me likey....[/QUOTE]

Haha that was the exact same experience for me. A week ago, I had no idea what Scott Pilgrim even was. Fastforward to this week, I'm loving this game and going to go watch the movie this weekend with the gf.

[quote name='jling84']Haha that was the exact same experience for me. A week ago, I had no idea what Scott Pilgrim even was. Fastforward to this week, I'm loving this game and going to go watch the movie this weekend with the gf.[/QUOTE]

Similar experience here. I had heard of Scott Pilgrim but never paid any attention until the movie trailer. The game was further indication that I was missing something big. Now I'm reading the comics before I do anything else. The comics are great so far - I highly recommend them.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Why don't you dump one on Goozex? Mine (as well as the person before me) just traded our extra at 900 points. Not sure if you can do multiples (Goozex is pretty weird when it comes to d/l games and sometimes only lets you do it once).[/QUOTE]

There's already 8 people ahead of me, a few idiots might grab it at 900 points, I doubt 9 more people will anytime soon. I don't actually have multiple codes though, just one set of game + shirt is what I meant.

[quote name='yingfo']Does anyone know where you can get the game's soundtrack I can't find it anywhere[/QUOTE]
I'd like to know this, as well. The theme and "Another Winter" (the first level theme) are up on Youtube, but I'm not sure one exists yet.

I realize this might be a rather stupid question, but I was looking on the PSN website and even checked Amazon and stuff. What is the normal price for Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World for PSN?

[quote name='dwarfman']i realize this might be a rather stupid question, but i was looking on the psn website and even checked amazon and stuff. What is the normal price for scott pilgrim vs. The world for psn?[/quote]

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Just make sure that if you play with other people that they sign into profiles- they won't be able to save their characters without them.[/QUOTE]

Profiles? But I thought you could only be signed into one profile at a time on one PS3? (A noticable difference/"problem" between the PS3/360 versions of Resident Evil 5.) This is also something I'm concerned about regarding the PS3 port of Castle Crashers, whenever that comes out.

Wow,the zombie mode is pretty hard.In 6 minutes,I managed to kill 12 zombies with my level 7 dude. Good game and I definitely recommend this but just wished it had online co-op.

[quote name='Asperatus']Profiles? But I thought you could only be signed into one profile at a time on one PS3? (A noticable difference/"problem" between the PS3/360 versions of Resident Evil 5.) This is also something I'm concerned about regarding the PS3 port of Castle Crashers, whenever that comes out.[/QUOTE]
Maybe as far as PSN goes, but you definitely have to sign in your guests to a local profile to save their progress.

I need to play with my friends already. I can't get through the ninja level. Just when you think it's over, it isn't.

I made it out the world 3 boss fight by the skin of my teeth. 10 HP with no lives left.

Love the game but it goes from being extremely difficult to being extremely easy once you upgrade your stats, regardless of what difficulty setting you choose.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MGEE03PB

Here's many of the songs on the OST. Credit goes to Azureliske of GameFAQs.[/QUOTE]

whoa thanks big time i love the soundtrack any chance he already uploaded part 2? or could you post here when he does i want the song from level 6 omg i love it so much

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sex Bob-Omb Home Shirt is now available and it's pretty cool, although I'll probably never see it again because Home still sucks, IMO.

I'm approaching Gamer's Day on this game. Beat it the first time after midnight last night, three more times during the day, and I'll probably beat it again in the evening.
Too bad we still don't know how to unlock the 6th playable character.

This game is flawed, but it has been a long time since I've had so much FUN.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I still can't believe that there is no online co-op. Total missed opportunity.[/QUOTE]

Yep I won't buy it because of this as I have no physical friends within a 25-minute drive of me and they're all married. I only see them once about every 2-4 months and they don't play videogames that much, so no online is the dealbreaker for me.

Too bad, loved the demo.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yep I won't buy it because of this as I have no physical friends within a 25-minute drive of me and they're all married. I only see them once about every 2-4 months and they don't play videogames that much, so no online is the dealbreaker for me.

Too bad, loved the demo.[/QUOTE]

...if you loved the demo single-player, does it not follow that you will love the full game single-player?
I've spent the last two days, solid, playing this game with every character on my own. I'm having a damn blast.

Not for full price it doesn't. First service to sell it for $5 I'll get it, but why pay full price for a game I can only utilize 1/2 of it (can't do multi without having physical friends.)

[quote name='dgwillia006']By the way, anyone watch the animation? I feel so underwhelmed =/[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the best, but you've got to give them points for accuracy.

[quote name='SDC']I'm approaching Gamer's Day on this game.[/QUOTE]

Forgive the ignorance - curious to know what that means? Playing a game for a full 24 hours straight? Is that a common term among gamers?

I totally thought that shirt was something you would get in real life. Sad to hear it's a electronic shirt =(... Still bit tho lol.

[quote name='wightlight']Forgive the ignorance - curious to know what that means? Playing a game for a full 24 hours straight? Is that a common term among gamers?[/QUOTE]

Gamer's Day is a challenge in Mega Man 9. "Beat the game 5 times in a day." I did indeed accomplish that task.

Downloaded this demo in anticipation. The graphics and sound are sweet. Though once I got into the actual gameplay, things faltered. It's just very average. Throw a few punches or kicks and that's it. No grabs at all! In light of better beat em ups like Alien vs. Predator or others, this isn't worth the cash. I'll go back to playing Final Fight.

^ You can grab. You just have to select different characters or level up. I was grabbing people and head butting them. Leveling up is the key to unlock different moves.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Downloaded this demo in anticipation. The graphics and sound are sweet. Though once I got into the actual gameplay, things faltered. It's just very average. Throw a few punches or kicks and that's it. No grabs at all! In light of better beat em ups like Alien vs. Predator or others, this isn't worth the cash. I'll go back to playing Final Fight.[/QUOTE]

You do get grabs later on in the game, as you level up. You can also pick up a downed enemy and use them as a weapon or projectile.

It's all I've been playing this week, and probably next. I was one of the very unlucky to pay 13.99 for it (pre-ordered it with the fake t-shirt when the price hiked up for a day), though. Kind of pissed about that.

Anyone wants the Avatar shirt, I'm throwing it free.

QQ56-2GBG-JF2J

I don't use Home, I find it a waste of time. Enjoy whoever downloads it first.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']Downloaded this demo in anticipation. The graphics and sound are sweet. Though once I got into the actual gameplay, things faltered. It's just very average. Throw a few punches or kicks and that's it. No grabs at all! In light of better beat em ups like Alien vs. Predator or others, this isn't worth the cash. I'll go back to playing Final Fight.[/QUOTE]

By the time you hit the second or third stage, you build up a pretty solid moveset that makes gameplay more fun. if you decide to work on leveling up even more, more awesome and useful moves are unlocked. I could already tell the difference once I beat the game with a maxed out Scott Pilgrim and played it on the next difficulty up with Ramona and realized how big a difference it from starting from square zero. If you need games to make you feel powerful from start to end, this isn't for you. But if you're willing to work yourself up and earn the really great moves and build the skills to accomodate them, its more than worth it.

just finished level 1 and wow this game is exactly like river city ransom ! which im fine with i loved river city ransom. really well worth the money. Im super excited to finish this

[quote name='Gowens']It's all I've been playing this week, and probably next. I was one of the very unlucky to pay 13.99 for it (pre-ordered it with the fake t-shirt when the price hiked up for a day), though. Kind of pissed about that.[/QUOTE]

I also did this, but they will refund you the money if you didn't use the code (they make you promise to delete it via some online form you fill out). I just bought it again when it was on sale and used that code instead.

Okay, I caved in and bought it a bit earlier then I intended. But, I'm happy I did! Even if this is a deal on psn+ that's fine with me. The music, the gameplay, the style. Wow, it just brought back a flood of great memories from the NES and SNES.

...I want to hook up my Super now and play some Maximum Carnage.

[quote name='Sonic9jct']If you need games to make you feel powerful from start to end, this isn't for you. But if you're willing to work yourself up and earn the really great moves and build the skills to accomodate them, its more than worth it.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty elitist way to phrase it. A moveset that is more than mash the button would be nice from square one.

bread's done
Back