Seahawks Rule! AKA Official NFL Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ph33r m3']Meh, watching Seahawks games they do get crazy. Have a tough task facing Indy in 2 weeks.

Damnit DT I wanted to buy that DVD[/QUOTE]

As someone mentioned earlier the Indy game might be a big dissapointment, being so close to the end of the season and all. Still I'm looking forward to it.

The difference I see in the Colts and Hawks is I can't say the Hawks are a "great" team. Their in a shitty NFC West, they have an impressive win over the Falcons. Besides that, they got beaten up by the Jags. Beat the Falcons by 3,Beat the Boys by 3,Beat the Niners by 2, Beat the Giants by 3. So your talking about a team that could easily be 7-6.

While the closest Colts game was by 7 points against the Browns.

[quote name='ph33r m3']The difference I see in the Colts and Hawks is I can't say the Hawks are a "great" team. Their in a shitty NFC West, they have an impressive win over the Falcons. Besides that, they got beaten up by the Jags. Beat the Falcons by 3,Beat the Boys by 3,Beat the Niners by 2, Beat the Giants by 3. So your talking about a team that could easily be 7-6.

While the closest Colts game was by 7 points against the Browns.[/QUOTE]

Exactly and while I would call the Colts an excellent team I also know what happens when Payton Manning has a shitty day. The Seahawks biggest advantage is how well they typically do at home.

Its never easy walking into Seattle. But its will be tough for anyone to take out the Colts. Better hope for a crappy day from Manning as well.

The browns are improving a bit. THey still have a way to go but Romeo is a good coach. Both the Bengals and Browns made great coaching changes.

Seattle is definitely a different team at home than on the road, and if they do get homefeild advantage I'm sure all of the other teams would rather play in places like Atlanta or Tampa come January. That being said, the NFC still seems too cloudy for me to determine who's the best. The Seahawks play in the NFC's weakest division, the Bears survive every game thanks to their D, and the rest of the teams in the hunt are just terribly inconsistent (especially my Bucs, one week they play awesome AT Carolina, but other weeks lose to the Jets & 49ers). The Seahawks are probably the best team in the NFC, and I guess we'll see just how good in 2 weeks against Indy, provided that the Colts dont pack it in by then.

[quote name='ph33r m3']The difference I see in the Colts and Hawks is I can't say the Hawks are a "great" team. Their in a shitty NFC West, they have an impressive win over the Falcons. Besides that, they got beaten up by the Jags. Beat the Falcons by 3,Beat the Boys by 3,Beat the Niners by 2, Beat the Giants by 3. So your talking about a team that could easily be 7-6.

While the closest Colts game was by 7 points against the Browns.[/QUOTE]

don't forget.. 7pts by the Jags as well, 7 by Cincy...

[quote name='Tyga24']Seattle is definitely a different team at home than on the road, and if they do get homefeild advantage I'm sure all of the other teams would rather play in places like Atlanta or Tampa come January. That being said, the NFC still seems too cloudy for me to determine who's the best. The Seahawks play in the NFC's weakest division, the Bears survive every game thanks to their D, and the rest of the teams in the hunt are just terribly inconsistent (especially my Bucs, one week they play awesome AT Carolina, but other weeks lose to the Jets & 49ers). The Seahawks are probably the best team in the NFC, and I guess we'll see just how good in 2 weeks against Indy, provided that the Colts dont pack it in by then.[/QUOTE]

What about the hawks packin it in too? This week they can most likely wrap up the nfc too possibly so why not think they may also?

Okay, I think the problem with Seattle is that they are Seattle. We are used to seeing them having disappointing seasons. This season is different, they are winning and they seem to be getting the breaks. Normally, Seattle would have lost the Dallas and Giants games, that's the way it usually goes, but it's different now.

They beat the Eagles and 49ers, they crushed them actually. Don't good teams crush bad teams? It will be interesting to see the INDY game.

First, it looks like the Owener for the Saints is going to fight to keep the team in San Antonio.

Saints Staying in San Antonio?

And in other news, this is a great football weekend for me. Unfortunately I'm working so I'm mmissing one of the bigger games. Tampa vs New England. But after that there is...

Kansas City at N.Y. Giants
Denver at Buffalo
Philadelphia at St. Louis
Pittsburgh at Minnesota
Dallas at Washington
Green Bay at Baltimore

Next Week i want to see Tampa vs Atlanta but I'll probably be getting NY and Washington.

Looks like the streak is over. It's a shame really, I wanted the Chargers to lose so the Broncos would have the division clinched this weekend. There's always next week.

That was pretty scary with Manning getting hit over and over. Hopefully he doesn't play too much in Seattle.

I have to point out Brackett though the MLB. Did you see the spin move he put on LT after the INT? For a LB, that must be a fun little thing to look back on.

ok time to bench starters for next 2 weeks. to many got banged uo in this loss hell even manning got the crap beat out of him. Let them sit to first playoff game

I just got back from the Oakland/Cleveland Game at Network Associates Stadium. I was rooting for Cleveland though. I didnt get heckled too badly. It was a great time

the vikings and the falcons lost so at least the cowboys have hope. Also if I was the NFC, the bears just got even more dangerous

Bengals rule :). They have always been my team and this year they are finally good. I'm only 19 so I didn't even watch football back when they were good. I first started watching in the Jeff Blake era so its finally good to have a winning season...

[quote name='Dante Devil']I am really looking forward to the Indy and Seattle game.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how Indy will play now that their perfect season is gone but they're guaranteed home field advantage.

[quote name='Moxio']Now more than ever.[/QUOTE]

Since the Seahawks and Chargers Defense almost have similar dfefensive schemes and designs, as long as try to accomplish the same things..i wonder if the colts will struggle again?

If you take away Edgerrin James, the colts appear to really struggle bad. Alotl of their play book is based off trying to keep 8 in the box and go for play action passing. Kudos to realizing they needed to do it because they lose a few key lineman last year in the offseason and payton manning doesnt have the time to be a passing qb like he did last year. Making the adjustment to a passing team forced the colts to become a more dangerous looking team, except in the past weeks i think the opposing teams are starting to sense shutting down the edge is the key to beating indy.

Seattle Vs Indy breakdown:

Why seattle wins:
Shut down the Edge with their very good defense. Since seattle is so deep on the defensive line, they can afford to rotate lineman and stay fresh. Edgerrin James goes off in the second half alot when the opposing team puts their hands on their hips and tires out. Without the ability to run consistently, its feasible to believe the play action passes will be less accessible.

Also i think with the colts loss it might be more realistic to believe that Dungy might be more willing to rest hes key players now that they do not have a record to attain.

Also cold weather plus home field advantage help.

Reasons Hawk Lose:
While their defense has been ok all year, they are very banged up. Opposing tight ends are having field days on the hawks and it worries me. Dallas Clark is very up and down and i fear the number of first downs the colts can attain on 3rd down by simply tossing it his way.

The injuries to the secondary also means less depth and expierence opposite trufant and in the slot.

If the hawks fall behind early in the game it could be devastating due to the hawks offense. They are a raelly good offense but rely heavily on first downs. If they are forced to score, the pressure to stick to what they do best can be tough, and could put them at a supreme disadvantage.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I really believe it has more to do with run stopping then anything.[/QUOTE]

too right...

Colts came out and played like a team that knows they have home field locked up. Chargers played like a team that knows if they lose they're done.

This changes nothing. The Colts are still clearly the best team in the AFC. I have a feeling if this was a playoff game the Colts would not have come out so flat in the first half.

The people who are saying the Colts got "exposed" yesterday are retarded. They've DOMINATED every game this season and they lose one AFTER clinching home field advantage and suddenly they're "exposed". Phft.

What I'd be more worried about if I were the other teams in the NFL is that, despite how bad Indy played that game yesterday, they still had a very good chance to win it. I'd say they were playing at barely 50% efficiency and still were in it right up until the Turner touchdown run.

Indy is still going to the Superbowl. The media needs to calm down and stop over exaggerating every little thing that happens.

[quote name='mmn']Colts came out and played like a team that knows they have home field locked up. Chargers played like a team that knows if they lose they're done.

This changes nothing. The Colts are still clearly the best team in the AFC. I have a feeling if this was a playoff game the Colts would not have come out so flat in the first half.

The people who are saying the Colts got "exposed" yesterday are retarded. They've DOMINATED every game this season and they lose one AFTER clinching home field advantage and suddenly they're "exposed". Phft.

What I'd be more worried about if I were the other teams in the NFL is that, despite how bad Indy played that game yesterday, they still had a very good chance to win it. I'd say they were playing at barely 50% efficiency and still were in it right up until the Turner touchdown run.

Indy is still going to the Superbowl. The media needs to calm down and stop over exaggerating every little thing that happens.[/QUOTE]

Well somebody is a Colts fan. Dunno if they got exposed yesterday, but I guareentee you teams are gonna study that game going into the playoffs. It showed that their defense can't always bail them out if the offense plays poorly (look up that 82 yard run by Turner you just mentioned, everybody and their mother knew it was a run). They had the lead, even if it's a point you need your defense to hold. Also that Harper interception was just a terrible throw by Brees, that should've been 6 to begin with. Bottomline, even if you just chalk it up to a bad day, what San Deigo did worked and they handled them well, it was a solid example of how to beat them and if you don't teams will emulate some of that strategy when they play them next then that's crazy.

This is beside the fact that the colts played maybe 4 decent-good teams in the first 13 games of the season and are in one of the NFL's easier divisions. I'm also impressed you have such great confindence that they'll play so awesome in all the playoff games considering they've never been able to do that before. I don't think alot of people will argue that they aren't one the best in the AFC or even the NFL, nobody's saying they're exposed as a bad team, but their rep as this unbeatable, unstoppable giant was the thing that was exposed.

[quote name='mmn']Colts came out and played like a team that knows they have home field locked up. Chargers played like a team that knows if they lose they're done.

Indy is still going to the Superbowl. The media needs to calm down and stop over exaggerating every little thing that happens.[/QUOTE]

The way the NFL works is any team ranked within 10 spots of another team could beat that team any Sunday, home or away. So when the Colts roll the Titans, 9ers and Texans when they played them 25 times this season, they should because those teams are 20+ spots away. That means any of the following teams could beat Indy: Chargers, Patriots, Broncos, Steelers, Bengals, Panthers, Seahawks, Jags and Giants.

Recall the Colts did not dominate the Browns on either side of the football, Freeney had 0 total sacks when playing the fearsome Texan o-line, the Rams were dominant on all aspects prior to Bulger's injury, the Colts D has yet to show they can contain an explosive defense to less than 20 points and this team has been pumped up by a ton of hype. It is only fair in the sportwriting climate of there is no past beyond last Sunday that some opinions beat them up a little. There is never a guaranteed ticket to the super bowl, even if you have homefield and a bye.
The Colts remain a very good team with a great coach, but if they had the Chargers schedule of opponents and travelling, there would not have been any of this undefeated talk, nor a perception that they are automatically winning the super bowl.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Well somebody is a Colts fan.[/quote]

You think? Or was my sig picture not clue enough?

Dunno if they got exposed yesterday, but I guareentee you teams are gonna study that game going into the playoffs. It showed that their defense can't always bail them out if the offense plays poorly (look up that 82 yard run by Turner you just mentioned, everybody and their mother knew it was a run). They had the lead, even if it's a point you need your defense to hold. Also that Harper interception was just a terrible throw by Brees, that should've been 6 to begin with. Bottomline, even if you just chalk it up to a bad day, what San Deigo did worked and they handled them well, it was a solid example of how to beat them and if you don't teams will emulate some of that strategy when they play them next then that's crazy.

New England has had the blueprint on how to beat Indy for years. Tape has existed for a long LONG time on how to beat Indy. Its just not easy to do. But people act like the Chargers stumbled across some secret.

This is beside the fact that the colts played maybe 4 decent-good teams in the first 13 games of the season and are in one of the NFL's easier divisions.

No they aren't. They have Jacksonville up their ass every year. New England is in an easier division than the Colts are.

I'm also impressed you have such great confindence that they'll play so awesome in all the playoff games considering they've never been able to do that before. I don't think alot of people will argue that they aren't one the best in the AFC or even the NFL, nobody's saying they're exposed as a bad team, but their rep as this unbeatable, unstoppable giant was the thing that was exposed.

Colts haven't had home field advantage before. That's a big deal.

And yes, the media is saying they've been exposed, not as a bad team but not as good as they've been made out to be. And its the media themselves who made them this "unbeatable, unstoppable giant". Ask any Colts fan and he'll tell you exactly how to beat the Colts. Hell, I knew from week 1 that the Chargers game wouldn't be easy and figured that if the Steelers didn't beat them, the Chargers would.

It is kind of odd how easily those 13 wins are thrown out the window and focus is shifted to that 1 loss. Understandable I guess, given a perfect streak brings with it higher expectations, but it's the nature of the beast to look for the faults at a loss and glaze over them in the wins.

[quote name='mmn']

New England has had the blueprint on how to beat Indy for years. Tape has existed for a long LONG time on how to beat Indy. Its just not easy to do. But people act like the Chargers stumbled across some secret.

No they aren't. They have Jacksonville up their ass every year. New England is in an easier division than the Colts are.

Colts haven't had home field advantage before. That's a big deal.

And yes, the media is saying they've been exposed, not as a bad team but not as good as they've been made out to be. And its the media themselves who made them this "unbeatable, unstoppable giant". Ask any Colts fan and he'll tell you exactly how to beat the Colts. Hell, I knew from week 1 that the Chargers game wouldn't be easy and figured that if the Steelers didn't beat them, the Chargers would.[/QUOTE]

1) New England has also had the blueprints on how to beat most every team in the NFL. Check that, they are just a good football team. The Chargers even now I don't belive to be on the same level as the Patriots, at least defenisively.

2) Note I said one of, and yes they are. NE's disvision is only easy this year (it was one the toguher ones in years past, the colts division is fairly easy every year). Jacksonville's first winning record in like 5 years only came last year so they were really crawling up their ass every year... If anything the Titans have been the ones to give them a run years past, nevertheless there's only ever two teams with winning records in that divison, most of the other divisions in the AFc are much more competitive.

3) It's big deal but not a dealbreaker, they've lost at home before. I live in Indy, I talk to Colts fans everyday, they are generally people who think they know everything about football but don't and I've never encountered one all season that felt the Colts were not unstoppable. After the Pittsburgh game every fan I talked to thought the 16-0 mark was easily obtainable (given that Seattle would likly sit some of their guys after winning this week) and some acted like it was a given. Sure the media created it but trust me, lots of Colts fans and area badnwagoners especially bought a lot of stock in they media hype.

I met to post this yesterday but here is a rant

:)25) A.Rodgers sacked at GB 35 for -9 yards (C.Williams). FUMBLES (C.Williams), RECOVERED by BLT-A.Thomas at GB 35. A.Thomas for 35 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

Seriously what is that crap. I was 17 seconds away from making my fantasy football superbowl(for money) and this goes and happens and the guy i play wins by 2.
Two rants first against the packers:
YOU ARE DOWN 38 points what the heck do you think you are going to do in 17 seconds either take a knee or get rid of the ball
Rodgers made a freakin rookie mistake and i would love to give him a swift kick where the sun dont shine
RAVENS:
What kind of good sportsmanship is that, you are up 38 points with 17 seconds left and u return a fumble 35 yards. I can understand like maybe 10 15 yards but 35 yards. He could have ran around the field and run out the clock. Billick what happened to you coach, that has to be the worst display of sportsmanship i ve seen in a while. This is not madden you dont humiliate a team even more then u already did

dont worry i feel ya. i was 12 points ahead with samkon gado to play last night, and the guy i was playing had todd heap. no big deal i thought, hes a TE on baltimore. dear god. i was in first place, and now im stuck in the lame ass third place game. i think ill just submit a blank roster because it doesnt even matter now.

that is exactly where im at lol and the kicker is is that if i would have played phil dawson over vinateri (which i would have never done) i would have won.

[quote name='iheartmetal']dont worry i feel ya. i was 12 points ahead with samkon gado to play last night, and the guy i was playing had todd heap. no big deal i thought, hes a TE on baltimore. dear god. i was in first place, and now im stuck in the lame ass third place game. i think ill just submit a blank roster because it doesnt even matter now.[/QUOTE]

I have Heap and was down big and I thought no way am I going to win this game. Heap blows up and I win by 5 points. Playing for the championship now.

I guess Saturday Bump, 49ers win Baby!

Go to the ESPN board for the 49ers what do I see? Buncha bitches crying about how Bush is Jesus in a USC uniform. Gore and Hicks have a break-out game, Smith played well too bad we don't have a threat at WR to throw to.

4-12 here we come!

[quote name='Technique']Another win for the Seahawks tonight. Anyone else watch the game?[/QUOTE]

I did, dissapointing game but a win is afterall a win.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I did, dissapointing game but a win is afterall a win.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I thought it was going to be this awesome, well matched game, but in the end the Seahawks came in and blew the Colts away.

I ended up winning the 3rd place game and won 90 bucks if i would have won last week but did not due to freakin billick i would have came in 2nd for 145 bucks.
But hey least I got something Thank you Shaun Alexander for a great season. Seahawks rule. World Champs 05-06.

[quote name='Technique']Yeah, I thought it was going to be this awesome, well matched game, but in the end the Seahawks came in and blew the Colts away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, good job beating the Colts B Team. Your team did a fantastic job holding the awesome offensive power of Jim Sorgi in check.

[quote name='mmn']Yeah, good job beating the Colts B Team. Your team did a fantastic job holding the awesome offensive power of Jim Sorgi in check.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but please, do us all a favor and cut the sarcasm out and chill out. A lot of the posts I read from you are put-downs. Not cool.

[quote name='Technique']Dude, I don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but please, do us all a favor and cut the sarcasm out and chill out. A lot of the posts I read from you are put-downs. Not cool.[/QUOTE]

So don't read my posts. See how I helped you out there?

[quote name='Technique']Dude, I don't want to sound like an ass or anything, but please, do us all a favor and cut the sarcasm out and chill out. A lot of the posts I read from you are put-downs. Not cool.[/QUOTE]

Plus if you wanna say that about the colts B team, then you have to mention that the seahawks pretty much had their b defense out there. they pulled trufant, and their other cbs are on IR till the playoffs to rest them. Dont forget that part would ya?

The bears (on Offense) looked solid today. They seem worthy enough to be second in the NFC. They may be able to take down the Seahawks. Indy, maybe not. But Seattle, sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back