Sears B&M Weird/Clearance? Game Prices YMMV Updated 3/14/06!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok,

Here is a trade list for this thread!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84947

I was passing by the game section while overhearing the employee talk about all 2 of their Xbox 360 systems they got in...

I noticed a few of the games were oddly priced..

Urbz, wario and Pokemon DS we $24.94 or some such thing.

There were many games this way so I am not sure if its a YMMV or what? No SALE signs were there and the tags were a plain white. It seemed to me that they were the current prices.

Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!

NBA Live 2006 $30

DS
Advance wars: Dual Strike $25
Asphalt Urban GT $10
Madden 05 $10
Meteos $20
Metroid Prime Pinball $25
Pac Pix $15
Pac N Roll $17, $10
Pokemon Dash $25
Polarium $20
Ridge racer $15
Sprung $10
Tiger woods 05 $10
Trace Memory $20
Urbz $10
Warioware Touched $13, $9
World championship Poker $10

GBA
Advance Wars 2: $8
Astro Boy $10
Castlevania Classic $9
Donkey Kong (Classic): $3
Dr. Mario (Classic): $3
Final Fantasy Tactics: $10
Fire Emblem Scared Stones: $10, $3
Kingdon Hearts: $13, $9
Kirby Amazing Mirror $15
Legend of Zelda (Classic): $5, $3
Legend of Zelda 2 $7
Legend of Zelda LTTP: $10, $5
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap $20, $10
Mario and Luigi: $10, $5
Mario Golf: $13
Metroid Classic $7
Metroid Zero Mission: $10, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green: $13, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green w/Adapter: $3
Star Wars Ep. III $3
Super Mario Bros (Classic): $3, $2
Super Mario 3: $10
Super Mario World: $13
WarioWare Twisted $15

GCN
Baten Kaitos $15
Battalion Wars $25
Custom Robo $25
Day of Reckoning $20
Def Jam:FFNY $1
Donky Konga W/Bongos $30
Donkey Konga 2 $25
F-Zero GX $10
Goldeneye RA: $10
Harry Potter SStone $14.99
Harry Potter Azkaban $10
Incredibles $10
James Bond: Agent under fire $8
Kirby Air Ride $10
LOTR: The 3rd Age $10
Mario Golf $9
Mario party 5 $30
Mario Party 6 w/Mic $25
Mario Tennis $25
Metroid Prime $10
Midway arcade treasures $10
Paper Mario $25
Pikmin $10
Pikmin 2-$25
Shark Tale $10
Spyro: Enter the Dragon-$10
THUG 1-$10
TMNT 2-$10
Warioware: $11
Zelda 4 Swords $30
Zelda Wind Waker $10

PS1
Sony Memory Card: $3

PS2
Area 51 $10
Athens 2004 $3
Brother In Arms $10
Bujingai: $15, $3
Call of Duty: Big red 1 CE $30
Carmen Sandiego: The Secret of the Stolen Drums $3
Champions of Norrath: $7, $3
Downhill Domination: $10
DQ8 $25
Eyetoy Groove W Camera $18
FF XI w/Hard Drive $50
Genji $20
Ghost hunter $25
Gretzky NHL 2005 $3
GT4 $25
Ico $13, $9
March Madness 2005 $5
Mindgate Conspiracy $10
MVP 2005 $1
PoP: Warrior Within $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of the Kasai $20
Spatan: Total Warrior $20
SSX on Tour $20
Star Ocean $25
Taiko Drum Master: $20, $10
The Getaway: BM $15
The suffering: Ties Bind $15
Urbz: $10
War of the Monsters: $10
Wrath Unleashed: $10, $5

PSP
Ape Escape $30
ATV Offroad Fury $30
Burnout legends $30
Coded Arms $30
Dead 2 Rights 2 $25
Death, Jr $30
Frantix $20
Gretzky NHL 2006 $25
Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire $30
Kingdom of Paradise $30
Lord of the Rings Tactics $35
Medieval Resurrection $25
Metal Gear Acid $30
Midnight club $30
MLB $30
Museum Battle collection $30
MVP Baseball $20
NBA:SW $15
NFS: Rivals $20
Ridge Race- $25
Spiderman 2 $20
SSX on Tour $30
The Con $25
THUG2 remix $30
Tiger Woods PGA tour $20
Tiger woods PGA 06$30
Twisted Meta- $30
Untold Legends: Brothers $30
Virtua Tennis $10
Wipeout pure $25
World Tour Soccer $30

Xbox
Alias $10
Amped $10
Amped 2 $10
Batman Begins $15
Battlefield 2 $20
Black Arrow $10
Bond from Russia with Love $25
Bond under fire $8
Brothers in Arms/ earned $25
Burnout 3 $10
Castlevania Curse $20
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory $20
Clancy's Lockdown $15
Conker $10
Crimson Skies $10
Destroy all Humans $20
DOA3 $10
DOA Ultimate $25
Doom 3 $15
ESPN Baseball $10
Fable $10
Fight Night 04 $10
Forza $15
Ghost Recon $10
Ghost Recon Island $10
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $10
Half Life 2 $25
Harry Potter Chamber of Fire $10
Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction $25
Intellivision Lives: $5
Jade Empire $10
Kingdom Under Fire $15
King Kong $25
KOTOR $10
KOTOR 2 $20
LA rush $15
Legends of Wrestling $8
Links 2004: $5
LOTR 3rd Age $10
Madden 05: $10
March Madness 2005 $5
Mechassault 2- $13
Medal of Honor Europe Assault $15
Mercenaries $15
Midnight Club 3 $20
Midway Arcade Treasures: $10
Midway 3 $10
MLB 2k5 $8
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks $15
MVP 2005 $5
MX Unleashed $10
NBA Ballers $10
NBA Street 3 $30
NCAA March Madness 2005 $10
NCAA March Madness 2006 $15
NFL 2k5 $10
NFL Street $10
NFL Street 2 $10
NFS Underground $10
NHL 06 $15
Ninja Gaiden $20
Ninja Gaiden Black $15
Outrun 2 $16
PacMan World 2 $10
Prince of Persia $10
R Racing Evolution $5
Rainbow 6 $10
Ralisport Challenge $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of Soldier $20
Sega GT online $10
Sims Bustin Out $1
Sonic Heroes $10
Sonic Mega collection $10
Soul Calibur 2 $4
Spartan Total warrior $20
Spiderman2 $10
Splinter Cell $10
SSX on Tour $20
SSX Tricky $8
Star wars 3 $15
Star Wars- Obi-Wan $10
Street Racing Syndicate $15
Sudeki $10
Suffering: Ties that Bind $15
The Urbs $10
The Warriors $25
THUG $10
Tiger Wood 05: $10, $3
TMNT 2 $10
Top Spin $10
True Crime: LA $25
Unreal Championship $8
Unreal Championship 2 $10
Wrath Unleashed $5
X-Men Legends $10
Yourself Fitness $8

[quote name='Sulmona']yeah i saw that the other day in the back of the case, didnt want to make em pull it out if it was still $100[/QUOTE]

I printed out the UPC a few months ago and scanned it at one of those price checker machines and it came up as not in the system.

i called sears and asked if they had Zelda Minish Cap, the guy on the phone said that they didn't have any in, nor does he think they even sold that game before :[ what bullsh@t. i really wanna play that game.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I printed out the UPC a few months ago and scanned it at one of those price checker machines and it came up as not in the system.[/QUOTE]
So should we go to Sears and say that the price should be $20?

Just got back from visiting a couple Sears in Socal,

Montebello :
Got:
Links 2004 Xbox $4.97
Intellivision Lives Xbox $4.97
Left:
Wrath Unleashed PS2 $9.97
Bujingai PS2 $14.97
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones (Didn't want to wait for the key)

Long Beach:
Got:
Zelda LTTP GBA $9.97
Legend of Zelda Classic GBA $2.97
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA $2.97

At Long Beach, since Fire Emblem does not come up in the system and there was no shelf tag, they sold it to me at the lowest closeout price. Since Zelda was $2.97, they matched the $2.97 price.

Thanks to Admiral Ackbar for the heads up on Fire Emblem.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']There's definately a way to brign it up in their system. The sales rep read something on the bar code label behind the glass display, typed it in the register, and got the $9.97 price. Then he went back and pulled a copy and tried to scan it, but it didn't take. So then he had to retype the number he grabbed from the label to ring it up. Maybe a product number or something.

Someone who actually works at sears would know better how it works. But he was able to bring it up in the system. Just not scan it in.[/QUOTE]

Here is the story I got on Fire Emblem. The guy was new and it wouldn't scan and the UPC # wouldn't work either. After about 15 minutes he came back punched in another UPC and it rang up $29.99. According to him the UPC on the box is wrong. He looked it up online and got the correct UPC #. That is when it rung up for $29.99.

I also saw Downhill Domination (PS2) and War of the Monsters (PS2) for $9.99 each.

[quote name='msdmoney']Is it just Sacred Stones, or is the original Fire Emblem on sale too?[/QUOTE]

Damnit, you guys are going to make me hook up my all in one printer just to scan the receipt. :)

It's Sacred Stones, the newer one for the GBA.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Damnit, you guys are going to make me hook up my all in one printer just to scan the receipt. :)

It's Sacred Stones, the newer one for the GBA.[/QUOTE]

That would be great since I also tried to purchase it but the UPC would not scan and they wouldn't sell it to me. Maybe a copy of your receipt would help.

Found Warioware Touched at Sears Essentials in San Clemente for $12.97.

Found Fire Emblem : Sacred Stones at Sears in Laguna Hills. The UPC could not be found, so the sales associate looked online for the price and quoted me $29.97. Rats.

Least I managed to get Warioware. There were three more there, too.

[quote name='nwaugh']So should we go to Sears and say that the price should be $20?[/QUOTE]

not likely, sears employees are probably surprised gamecubes are priced at only $100 so i doubt its likely they will give u much of a discount if any, they'll see the other ones are $100 and think it is the same, despite metroid being $20, while the MP Bundle includes a $50 game and a $30 controller.

I picked up these today...

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past Four Swords $9.97
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap $9.97
Pokemon Leafgreen $12.97
Mario Golf Advance $12.97

Dammit, the Sears here had a Leafgreen but I had no idea it was being clearanced. I swear next time I'm in I'm just gonna have him price check everything on the damn shelf

The Sears near me had a copy of M&L Superstar Saga with a ten dollar discount, as well as Super Mario Advance 4 I think it was, and two Minish Caps. Some others as well but those were the only things that interested me. A ten dollar discount is ok with me, but not anything special.

Side note: If anyone can get me a Nintendo published game for $20 shipped that retails for $35(or lower ;) ), contact me. I am also looking to get games from Nintendo that retail for $30 for 15 shipped(or lower ;) ). I already have Minish Cap.

Thanks.

Super Mario Advance 4 (Super Mario Bros 3): $9.97
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga: $9.97 (yay)
WarioWare Touched: $12.97

SMA4 wasn't in their system, he just rang up M&L twice. I think that was all that has been reported on clearance or that I saw interested, but I might check for some other stuff later.

I saw a couple Pokemon Ruby with a pink tag for $29.95, I didn't get it price checked but in the past the pink tag games were 50% off.

I stopped by Sears today and found a couple of the deals that were mentioned in this thread:

Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past Four Swords $9.97
Wario Ware Touched $12.97

Both were stickered at $24.99 (give or take a few cents) but rang up at the sale prices mentioned above.

Got lucky at the 3rd store, they had the last copy of Minish Cap at the Glendale, ca. At least now I can say it wasn't a total lost driving around town.

Got:

LTTP / 4 swords 9.97
Minish 9.97

Did a price check on Castlevania classic and Metroid classic thinking they might be about $2.00, but the came up 9.97 as well.

Has anyone happened to check Mario vs. Donkey Kong? I was debating it as it seems a likely candidate, but I was already having the guy check 4 and I figured that was enough.

I was going to check that game tonight along with Zelda 2 Classic but I didn't even want to bother because I could tell the cashier was going to be annoyed with me. As soon as I walked to the games, he barks out, "Are you looking for the XBox 360?!" I say no and he says, "Well good, because we don't have it!" I figured it he was a jerk about that, he would never want to check any prices.

I'll probably go back in the next few days with some printed out UPC codes and just go to the price check machine and check prices that way.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I was going to check that game tonight along with Zelda 2 Classic but I didn't even want to bother because I could tell the cashier was going to be annoyed with me. As soon as I walked to the games, he barks out, "Are you looking for the XBox 360?!" I say no and he says, "Well good, because we don't have it!" I figured it he was a jerk about that, he would never want to check any prices.

I'll probably go back in the next few days with some printed out UPC codes and just go to the price check machine and check prices that way.[/QUOTE]
That's a good idea, but I've had no luck with those UPC websites (all of the GBA games I tried last week came back with zero barcodes. Luckily I avoided having to deal with the electronics manager who hates me thanks to multiple attempts to PM the cycling EB price drops over the summer. He did a double-take when he saw me, I'm sure he wouldn't have done what the cashier did: "Well, this one isn't in our system, so it's probably 9.97"

I use UPC database and then if the UPC isn't listed, I go to Half.com and get the UPC # from there and then add it to the database. It takes a few minutes but I'd rather do that than deal with cashiers because I am tired with them not wanting to check prices and insisting that the sticker price is correct (and of course they are usually wrong. That happened to me with the KB clearance last month as well. Manager insisted THUG 2 PSP was $49.99 and it was not part of the clearance. I said I'll take it anyway and was she surprised when it rang up for $10

Also I forgot to mention but earlier in the week I checked the DDR Extreme 1 bundle (with Dance Pad) and it's still $59.99 (was hoping it was marked down since Extreme 2 is now out).

Funny Story:

I went to my sears looking for Minish Cap but they didn't have it, so I had them check the price of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. They didn't have it in their system anymore and the manager couldn't figure it out, so they just gave it to me for $9.99

The motherless fucks had 2 copies of Fire Emblem, but when it wouldn't scan, they kept insisting that it must have been shipped to them by accident, because they don't sell the game. Which is bullshit. Dammit!

i got

LoZ x2 $2.97
FE: The Sacred Stones x2 $2.97
LoZ: LTTP x2 $9.97
LoZ: MC $9.97
SMA: SMB 3 $9.97
WW Touched $12.97

all told, $68.61

saw Leaf Green, but had no idea either. definitely will return for that. they had a ton of WW Touched, but i didn't want to hassle the guy anymore. had another SMA: SMW 3 as well, but it looked like an opened return.

that said, i'm interested in trading a Minish Cap, LTTP Four Swords, or Fire Emblem: SS for M&L Superstar Saga or KoH: Chains of Memory. pm me if anyone's interested. will also trade for WW Touched, but i'd have to go back to pick some more up.

thanks a lot, OP!

Went to three Sears today

Got:

Minish Cap 9.99
Super Mario Bros 2.99
Super Mario Advance 2 12.99
Legend of Zelda 2.99
Donkey Kong Classic 2.99

and best of all at the second one Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and FF Tactics Advance weren't in the system so the Manager gave them to me for 2.99 each

[quote name='smaaug']Went to three Sears today

Got:

Minish Cap 9.99
Super Mario Bros 2.99
Super Mario Advance 2 12.99
Legend of Zelda 2.99
Donkey Kong Classic 2.99

and best of all at the second one Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and FF Tactics Advance weren't in the system so the Manager gave them to me for 2.99 each[/QUOTE]

Wow... i'm going to sears tommorow :D

Small score, but great nonetheless:

x2 Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (both sealed and brand new of course)

I would like to trade one copy for a sealed copy of Warioware: Touched for the DS, if anyone is interested. The other I would sell for like 22$ shipped (since i don't know how much/what method shipping would be for a gba game) if anyone wants it. I mean, I know I only paid like 10.60$ in the store, but I thought I would at least offer it here for that price before I threw it on ebay. If i didn't need the money I'd sell it closer to cost, sorry guys. PM me or AIM (varsitygamer) if you're interested.

Also, there are a bunch of copies of Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 at my local sears, I want a copy real bad but when I had him check it tonight it just didn't scan no matter what he did. Finally, he checked the sticker that was above it inside the glass case, got some random 5 or 6 digit code (like, 92596 or something) and punched that into the computer, and it came up at $34.99... I was like, no thanks. Are people really getting that for 10$? because it would make a great gift for my girlfriend, and maybe even myself if i can get it at $10... how do I go about getting it for 10?

found M&L: Superstar Saga at another sears today, along with another SMA 4 and a FFT: A. the douche wouldn't give me a good price on the latter two since they weren't in the system. so, will trade Fire Emblem: SS, LoZ: Minish Cap, WW: Touched, or LoZ: LttP Four Swords for Kingdom of Hearts: CoM or FF Tactics Advance.

so is it confirmed that FFT:A and SMA:SMB3 aren't ringing up as discounted? if they are really supposed to be discounted I'd go so far as to head back to Sears tonight, because they had plenty of both... but like I said, no luck on SMA:SMB3 when the guy tried it earlier this evening.

[quote name='varsitygamer']so is it confirmed that FFT:A and SMA:SMB3 aren't ringing up as discounted? if they are really supposed to be discounted I'd go so far as to head back to Sears tonight, because they had plenty of both... but like I said, no luck on SMA:SMB3 when the guy tried it earlier this evening.[/QUOTE]
They're out of the system, meaning the cashier basically gives it a price. It helps if you buy them with another 9.97 or cheaper game, they'll usually match it up with whatever the cheapest close out price is. My experience was he just rang up Mario & Luigi twice.

Does the pink tag have anything to do with anything? I know both the M&Ls I got have a pink tag (or 29.97) on them... i saw a few other pink tag titles. I'll figure this out yet.

[quote name='varsitygamer']Does the pink tag have anything to do with anything? I know both the M&Ls I got have a pink tag (or 29.97) on them... i saw a few other pink tag titles. I'll figure this out yet.[/QUOTE]
None of the games at my store were tagged. 90% of them didn't even have prices, which was actually okay since he didn't have to ask why I needed a price or anything like that.

Well, I work at Sears. So, during one of my breaks, I went to look in the game section.

I saw Dr. Mario for $5, so I thought I'd buy it, just for the hell of it. It's pretty fun, or was, when I played it at my cousin's house about 10 years ago.

So, I bring it, and it rang up as $2.99! So, I remember also seeing Super Mario Advance 2, and I bought that too. It said $24.99 on the sticker, but rang up $12.99. Plus, I had my dicount, so it was marked down even further. The other games I remember are KH: Chain of Memories for $24.99 (but should ring up as $12.99), and TMNT for the same price.

I hope this helped! :)

[quote name='Acrylic']Well, I work at Sears. So, during one of my breaks, I went to look in the game section.

I saw Dr. Mario for $5, so I thought I'd buy it, just for the hell of it. It's pretty fun, or was, when I played it at my cousin's house about 10 years ago.

So, I bring it, and it rang up as $2.99! So, I remember also seeing Super Mario Advance 2, and I bought that too. It said $24.99 on the sticker, but rang up $12.99. Plus, I had my dicount, so it was marked down even further. The other games I remember are KH: Chain of Memories for $24.99 (but should ring up as $12.99), and TMNT for the same price.

I hope this helped! :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, maybe you cna tell us how to find a game in the system if it doesn';t scan up. For example, Fire Emblem doesn't scan ut my cashier distinctly read something off the $29.99 Label Tag bhind the Glass Door and was able to bring it up into the system.

If you could postr that it would probably help a lot of people.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Hey, maybe you cna tell us how to find a game in the system if it doesn';t scan up. For example, Fire Emblem doesn't scan ut my cashier distinctly read something off the $29.99 Label Tag bhind the Glass Door and was able to bring it up into the system.

If you could postr that it would probably help a lot of people.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with SMA:SMB3... it wouldn't scan, he tried numerous copies... finally he found a certain number on the tag behind the glass that brought up a price of $34.99... any way we can avoid that? go to a cashier in a different department maybe? any advice is appreciated.

[quote name='botticus']Has anyone happened to check Mario vs. Donkey Kong?[/QUOTE]

I checked a few games that were still full price today. They were: Mario vs. Donkey Kong, FF1&2: Dawn of Souls, Trace Memory, Super Mario Pinball Land, and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror. They were all full price.

I was really hoping to find Super Mario Bros. Classic and maybe Donkey Kong Classic/Dr. Mario Classic for $3, but the Sears I went to didn't have them.

I did price check Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2, though, and it was $12. I'm not sure if that was mentioned yet, so there's that.

Nothing major in Lake Charles. I picked up a copy of NCAA March Madness 2005 (xbox) and Champions of Norrath for $ 9.97 a piece. They also had NCAA Football 2005 (xbox) for 7.97 and Metroid Prime for $9.97

sucks cuz my place had sma4 but it had retail price on it so i didnt bother.. i really want to get mario and luigi

FFT:A, Fire Emblem and SMA:SMB3 didn't ring up and he wouldn't sell them to me, not even for full price. Said he had to send them back to Nintendo, he had 4 SMA and at least 10 FFT. Picked up:

SMA 2 - $12.97
Mario Golf - $12.97
Donkey Kong - $2.97

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back