Sears B&M Weird/Clearance? Game Prices YMMV Updated 3/14/06!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok,

Here is a trade list for this thread!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84947

I was passing by the game section while overhearing the employee talk about all 2 of their Xbox 360 systems they got in...

I noticed a few of the games were oddly priced..

Urbz, wario and Pokemon DS we $24.94 or some such thing.

There were many games this way so I am not sure if its a YMMV or what? No SALE signs were there and the tags were a plain white. It seemed to me that they were the current prices.

Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!

NBA Live 2006 $30

DS
Advance wars: Dual Strike $25
Asphalt Urban GT $10
Madden 05 $10
Meteos $20
Metroid Prime Pinball $25
Pac Pix $15
Pac N Roll $17, $10
Pokemon Dash $25
Polarium $20
Ridge racer $15
Sprung $10
Tiger woods 05 $10
Trace Memory $20
Urbz $10
Warioware Touched $13, $9
World championship Poker $10

GBA
Advance Wars 2: $8
Astro Boy $10
Castlevania Classic $9
Donkey Kong (Classic): $3
Dr. Mario (Classic): $3
Final Fantasy Tactics: $10
Fire Emblem Scared Stones: $10, $3
Kingdon Hearts: $13, $9
Kirby Amazing Mirror $15
Legend of Zelda (Classic): $5, $3
Legend of Zelda 2 $7
Legend of Zelda LTTP: $10, $5
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap $20, $10
Mario and Luigi: $10, $5
Mario Golf: $13
Metroid Classic $7
Metroid Zero Mission: $10, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green: $13, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green w/Adapter: $3
Star Wars Ep. III $3
Super Mario Bros (Classic): $3, $2
Super Mario 3: $10
Super Mario World: $13
WarioWare Twisted $15

GCN
Baten Kaitos $15
Battalion Wars $25
Custom Robo $25
Day of Reckoning $20
Def Jam:FFNY $1
Donky Konga W/Bongos $30
Donkey Konga 2 $25
F-Zero GX $10
Goldeneye RA: $10
Harry Potter SStone $14.99
Harry Potter Azkaban $10
Incredibles $10
James Bond: Agent under fire $8
Kirby Air Ride $10
LOTR: The 3rd Age $10
Mario Golf $9
Mario party 5 $30
Mario Party 6 w/Mic $25
Mario Tennis $25
Metroid Prime $10
Midway arcade treasures $10
Paper Mario $25
Pikmin $10
Pikmin 2-$25
Shark Tale $10
Spyro: Enter the Dragon-$10
THUG 1-$10
TMNT 2-$10
Warioware: $11
Zelda 4 Swords $30
Zelda Wind Waker $10

PS1
Sony Memory Card: $3

PS2
Area 51 $10
Athens 2004 $3
Brother In Arms $10
Bujingai: $15, $3
Call of Duty: Big red 1 CE $30
Carmen Sandiego: The Secret of the Stolen Drums $3
Champions of Norrath: $7, $3
Downhill Domination: $10
DQ8 $25
Eyetoy Groove W Camera $18
FF XI w/Hard Drive $50
Genji $20
Ghost hunter $25
Gretzky NHL 2005 $3
GT4 $25
Ico $13, $9
March Madness 2005 $5
Mindgate Conspiracy $10
MVP 2005 $1
PoP: Warrior Within $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of the Kasai $20
Spatan: Total Warrior $20
SSX on Tour $20
Star Ocean $25
Taiko Drum Master: $20, $10
The Getaway: BM $15
The suffering: Ties Bind $15
Urbz: $10
War of the Monsters: $10
Wrath Unleashed: $10, $5

PSP
Ape Escape $30
ATV Offroad Fury $30
Burnout legends $30
Coded Arms $30
Dead 2 Rights 2 $25
Death, Jr $30
Frantix $20
Gretzky NHL 2006 $25
Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire $30
Kingdom of Paradise $30
Lord of the Rings Tactics $35
Medieval Resurrection $25
Metal Gear Acid $30
Midnight club $30
MLB $30
Museum Battle collection $30
MVP Baseball $20
NBA:SW $15
NFS: Rivals $20
Ridge Race- $25
Spiderman 2 $20
SSX on Tour $30
The Con $25
THUG2 remix $30
Tiger Woods PGA tour $20
Tiger woods PGA 06$30
Twisted Meta- $30
Untold Legends: Brothers $30
Virtua Tennis $10
Wipeout pure $25
World Tour Soccer $30

Xbox
Alias $10
Amped $10
Amped 2 $10
Batman Begins $15
Battlefield 2 $20
Black Arrow $10
Bond from Russia with Love $25
Bond under fire $8
Brothers in Arms/ earned $25
Burnout 3 $10
Castlevania Curse $20
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory $20
Clancy's Lockdown $15
Conker $10
Crimson Skies $10
Destroy all Humans $20
DOA3 $10
DOA Ultimate $25
Doom 3 $15
ESPN Baseball $10
Fable $10
Fight Night 04 $10
Forza $15
Ghost Recon $10
Ghost Recon Island $10
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $10
Half Life 2 $25
Harry Potter Chamber of Fire $10
Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction $25
Intellivision Lives: $5
Jade Empire $10
Kingdom Under Fire $15
King Kong $25
KOTOR $10
KOTOR 2 $20
LA rush $15
Legends of Wrestling $8
Links 2004: $5
LOTR 3rd Age $10
Madden 05: $10
March Madness 2005 $5
Mechassault 2- $13
Medal of Honor Europe Assault $15
Mercenaries $15
Midnight Club 3 $20
Midway Arcade Treasures: $10
Midway 3 $10
MLB 2k5 $8
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks $15
MVP 2005 $5
MX Unleashed $10
NBA Ballers $10
NBA Street 3 $30
NCAA March Madness 2005 $10
NCAA March Madness 2006 $15
NFL 2k5 $10
NFL Street $10
NFL Street 2 $10
NFS Underground $10
NHL 06 $15
Ninja Gaiden $20
Ninja Gaiden Black $15
Outrun 2 $16
PacMan World 2 $10
Prince of Persia $10
R Racing Evolution $5
Rainbow 6 $10
Ralisport Challenge $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of Soldier $20
Sega GT online $10
Sims Bustin Out $1
Sonic Heroes $10
Sonic Mega collection $10
Soul Calibur 2 $4
Spartan Total warrior $20
Spiderman2 $10
Splinter Cell $10
SSX on Tour $20
SSX Tricky $8
Star wars 3 $15
Star Wars- Obi-Wan $10
Street Racing Syndicate $15
Sudeki $10
Suffering: Ties that Bind $15
The Urbs $10
The Warriors $25
THUG $10
Tiger Wood 05: $10, $3
TMNT 2 $10
Top Spin $10
True Crime: LA $25
Unreal Championship $8
Unreal Championship 2 $10
Wrath Unleashed $5
X-Men Legends $10
Yourself Fitness $8

Thanks OP.

Picked up Wario Ware Touched for 12.97. You can't tell any of the games are clearenced or anything at my Sears. Sadly it's the only Sears in my area.
The Zelda games were sold out, and I found a copy of Mario Golf Advance for 12.97 that I may go back and pick up.

Had one problem though, none of the NES classic games came up discounted... they were still 9.99.

Also may go back for Fire Emblem and will look for M&L.

3 Wario Wares left...

[quote name='pimp tyranny']acrylic, can you check if PS2 HDD w/ FF XI is marked down? i'd love one for $50 or less[/QUOTE]

I could try and check, but I don't work in that department, and I'd have to have someone come from the electronics department come and do this for me. But if I remember, I'll tell ya.

And as far as finding a game in the system, I have no idea. I think it's just luck, to tell you the truth. You could always try a different department. So to a register as far away from electronics, and chances are, they'll be too lazy to go check.

This is all the advice I can give, as I've only been working there for about a month. :p

Alright, I didn't have a chance to check today. We were really busy today, and my breaks were consisted of finding a place where I could cash in my check. Sorry about that. :whistle2:/

I had the problem the SMA: SMB3 wouldnt' scan so they were going to sell it at 34.99 damnit. I least I got something out of this (Final Fantasy Tactics for 9.99).

Looks like the other game you guys are finding are already gone or not at my store at all.

Keep them coming everyone!! Some people are getting great deals.

Went to the Sears store in the Woodland Mall in Grand Rapids, MI. They had (1) copy of Wario Ware Touched left and it rang up for $12.97. I snagged that sucker like it was going out of style. Thanks OP!

my sears still has some copies of wario ware touched and zelda:link to the past left over. I'd be happy to pick some up for cost + shipping + small paypal fee($0.25?) if anyone's interested. I'd probably insist on paypal payment first though.

GONE

[quote name='sanjuro']my sears still have have some copies of wario ware touched and zelda:link to the past left over. I'd be happy to pick some up for cost + shipping + small paypal fee($0.25?) if anyone's interested. I'd probably insist on paypal payment first though.[/QUOTE]

Whats LTTP going for at yours?

yeah, it had a pink clearance tag of $20 or $25 I think, but it should ring up at $10. I'm going in a few to check what they have left.

edit: they had two copies of LoZ:LttP left but they were all out of Warioware:Touched. :( If anyone's still interested in my offer I'd probably be able to go snag them later tonight. Should end up around ~$13 with shipping.

GONE

The Montclair, West Covina, and Brea, CA Sears stores did not have any of the clearance games left, so save yourself the trip if you planned on going to any of those locations. I was just mall hoping with my girlfriend, so at least I was in the area anyway.

The Brea Sears did have a lot of "War of the Monters" for PS2 for $9.99 left. A great game at a great price if you don't have it already.

Texas City and Pasadena were duds. TC doesn't sell games, and PA didn't have a bin, plus I saw nothing really. I did get some great games at Baybrook Mall Sears. Mario Golf GBA, Warioware Touched, Metroid Zero (2), Champions of Norrath, Zelda Minish Cap. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Vegan']Taiko Drum Master is on clearance? I must have missed that; how much was it?[/QUOTE]
At mine its $19.97. There were about 5 of them.

i went to sears at ridgedale mall (minnetonka, mn)... i picked up the last copy of superstar saga for $9.99. they had 3 copies of warioware touched, but other than that didn't have anything interesting.

Hillsdale Mall, San Mateo, CA - grabbed the last minish cap and WW:touched

San Antonio Shopping Center, Mountain View, CA - nothing good

Thanks to everyone for the heads up. I got WW Touched, Superstar Saga, and Star Wars Ep III for the GBA...8)

This was at Greenwood Mall in Indianapolis, and they still had several Superstar Sagas, as well as Yoshi's Islands, one more WW Touched, and a few others if anyone is interested...

RD

I was at the mall anyways so I stopped by sears and they still had a couple of copies of LoZ:Link to the Past. I picked up two(even after that they still had a couple more left over) in case anyone here wasn't able to find one. I'm not interested in making a profit, so I'll sell it at cost at $13.50($10 for the game, ~$1 for tax, $2.50 for shipping, delivery confirmation and paypal fees).

PM me if you're interested, assuming you pay today(paypal) I can ship tomorrow. They had a whole row of Fire Emblem:SS too, but the old guy working the register said they were 'recalled' and I didn't want to argue.

*SOLD*

Yeah i checked Urbz and it still rings full price..

In the lansing Sears there is one more Touched. I didnt pick it up but possible can if someone needs it..

I had no idea this would get this big based on 4-6 games available...

I'm still looking fro Wario Ware and Mario & luigi Super Star Saga. I especially want to play that since I just picked up the DS sequel. So hook me up if you can please.

Is Yoshi's Island clearanced? If my store had Fire Emblem: SS, I'd be set (don't wanna bother trading for it, cause after shipping its probably almost the same price getting it after coupon at BB)

I decided to go to the Sears in the ghetto part of town today and what I found was a stack of FF:tactics and Fire emblem:SS. But the guy couldn't sell it to me because the UPC wasn't in the system. He tried to get the manager to do it, but he couldn't either:cry:

Note to all: if you're going to get FFTA, FE: SS, or SMA4 (any others that aren't in the system?), bring it up with another clearanced game that does ring up. They're more likely to just give it to you for that closeout value.

alright another highlight that i found. i don't think it's been mentioned. Wario Ware Inc Mega Party Games for GC is $10.97. it was pink tagged as $19.97 and i was like, to hell with it, that's cheap enough for me, but i ended up picking up two. there are still 3 left at the garner's ferry sears. also picked up another WW Touched. so, for trade, i have:

WW Touched x2 - one is pending
WW Inc MPG
Fire Emblem SS
LoZ LttP Four Swords
LoZ classic NES

still looking for:

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island *
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World *
Super Mario Advance: SMB 2 (like there are any left)

i might be interested in a lot of things, so feel free to make offers, GBA, PS2, GC, Xbox, DS, PS1 etc.

To those of you having trouble getting Fire Emblem SS, have the cashier enter 93556 in the stock number, that should bring it up at $9.97. The stock number is in the lower right of the shelf tag usually preceded by a letter. I don't work at Sears, that's just how they were able to ring one up for me.

i'm gonna have to return to that other sears that denied me tactics advance and SMA 4 i think it was. see if there are some clearance items i can convince the cashier to ring up instead.

I gotta look a lot closer this time... who knows how much stuff is clearanced. I might head over tomorrow after work if I can get something accomplished tonight.

Also time to see if there's another Sears anywhere near me...

[quote name='flaprabbit']To those of you having trouble getting Fire Emblem SS, have the cashier enter 93556 in the stock number, that should bring it up at $9.97. The stock number is in the lower right of the shelf tag usually preceded by a letter. I don't work at Sears, that's just how they were able to ring one up for me.[/QUOTE]thanks a lot, I went back to the original sears that told me the games were 'recalled' and when the UPC didn't go in I told him my friend got it at $9.9X but they had to plug in the stock number to get it to work. I gave the number to him and it came up as $9.9X, but it didn't let him complete the transaction, so he went to talk with the other associates and figured out how to do it. This should probably work with the other games that don't ring up right either. The number is on the bottom right of the shelf tag like flaprabbit mentioned, it's something like XX XX12345 where the number are the important figures.

if you can find one, LoZ and Donkey Kong classic nes series, and probably Dr. Mario too, are $2.97 and if you're lucky they'll ring it up for that price.

[quote name='sanjuro']thanks a lot, I went back to the original sears that told me the games were 'recalled' and when the UPC didn't go in I told him my friend got it at $9.9X but they had to plug in the stock number to get it to work. I gave the number to him and it came up as $9.9X, but it didn't let him complete the transaction, so he went to talk with the other associates and figured out how to do it. This should probably work with the other games that don't ring up right either. The number is on the bottom right of the shelf tag like flaprabbit mentioned, it's something like XX XX12345 where the number are the important figures.[/QUOTE]

Actually Fire Emblem SS stock number is really 93517, 93566 must be the stock number to the first Fire Emblem game. If you go to sears.com you can put in the stock number in the search and it will bring up the game. Fire Emblem SS is actually 29.99 and is not clearanced.

[quote name='sanjuro']that's weird, why doesn't the game scan then? thanks for the info though.[/QUOTE]
I guess the same reason Pokemon Pinball won't scan but is $29.99.

Will have to try sears again this weekend. They had LTTP, and I'll look for WW: touched. I really wanted Minnish cap but oh well, shit happens.

Thanks to the OP and every one else who found out what games are on clearance. I nabbed Wario Ware Touched! and Mario Golf Advance Tour for just $12.xx each!

haha my sma4 wouldnt scan. they offered 20 dollars but i passed. i bit on kh:com for 12.xx. still look for mario and luigi

Scored big at Barboursville, WV Sears :)

Donkey Kong (GBA) - $3
Super Mario Bros. (GBA) - $3
Dr. Mario (GBA) - $3
Minish Cap (GBA) - $10
Zero Mission (GBA) - $10

Woot =D

[quote name='iamchul']i got ffta. it wouldnt scan so i got it for 10$.. and castlevania is 10 at my store..[/QUOTE]
Which Castlevania is that?

Wow! Sears stores carry games. Did not know that. The Sears near me only has movies. Oh wait, I take that back, they have like three or four games on the shelf.

this deal is still going on, anyone hear of any updated titles? snagged wario ware touched, metroid zero mission, zelda minish cap, and zelda windwaker (black label for $17).

my store has 4 metroid gamecube bundles, if only I could figure out a way to get one for less than 99.99 since the SKU is so old it wont be in system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back