Sears B&M Weird/Clearance? Game Prices YMMV Updated 3/14/06!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake2715

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
Ok,

Here is a trade list for this thread!

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84947

I was passing by the game section while overhearing the employee talk about all 2 of their Xbox 360 systems they got in...

I noticed a few of the games were oddly priced..

Urbz, wario and Pokemon DS we $24.94 or some such thing.

There were many games this way so I am not sure if its a YMMV or what? No SALE signs were there and the tags were a plain white. It seemed to me that they were the current prices.

Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!

NBA Live 2006 $30

DS
Advance wars: Dual Strike $25
Asphalt Urban GT $10
Madden 05 $10
Meteos $20
Metroid Prime Pinball $25
Pac Pix $15
Pac N Roll $17, $10
Pokemon Dash $25
Polarium $20
Ridge racer $15
Sprung $10
Tiger woods 05 $10
Trace Memory $20
Urbz $10
Warioware Touched $13, $9
World championship Poker $10

GBA
Advance Wars 2: $8
Astro Boy $10
Castlevania Classic $9
Donkey Kong (Classic): $3
Dr. Mario (Classic): $3
Final Fantasy Tactics: $10
Fire Emblem Scared Stones: $10, $3
Kingdon Hearts: $13, $9
Kirby Amazing Mirror $15
Legend of Zelda (Classic): $5, $3
Legend of Zelda 2 $7
Legend of Zelda LTTP: $10, $5
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap $20, $10
Mario and Luigi: $10, $5
Mario Golf: $13
Metroid Classic $7
Metroid Zero Mission: $10, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green: $13, $5
Pokemon Leaf Green w/Adapter: $3
Star Wars Ep. III $3
Super Mario Bros (Classic): $3, $2
Super Mario 3: $10
Super Mario World: $13
WarioWare Twisted $15

GCN
Baten Kaitos $15
Battalion Wars $25
Custom Robo $25
Day of Reckoning $20
Def Jam:FFNY $1
Donky Konga W/Bongos $30
Donkey Konga 2 $25
F-Zero GX $10
Goldeneye RA: $10
Harry Potter SStone $14.99
Harry Potter Azkaban $10
Incredibles $10
James Bond: Agent under fire $8
Kirby Air Ride $10
LOTR: The 3rd Age $10
Mario Golf $9
Mario party 5 $30
Mario Party 6 w/Mic $25
Mario Tennis $25
Metroid Prime $10
Midway arcade treasures $10
Paper Mario $25
Pikmin $10
Pikmin 2-$25
Shark Tale $10
Spyro: Enter the Dragon-$10
THUG 1-$10
TMNT 2-$10
Warioware: $11
Zelda 4 Swords $30
Zelda Wind Waker $10

PS1
Sony Memory Card: $3

PS2
Area 51 $10
Athens 2004 $3
Brother In Arms $10
Bujingai: $15, $3
Call of Duty: Big red 1 CE $30
Carmen Sandiego: The Secret of the Stolen Drums $3
Champions of Norrath: $7, $3
Downhill Domination: $10
DQ8 $25
Eyetoy Groove W Camera $18
FF XI w/Hard Drive $50
Genji $20
Ghost hunter $25
Gretzky NHL 2005 $3
GT4 $25
Ico $13, $9
March Madness 2005 $5
Mindgate Conspiracy $10
MVP 2005 $1
PoP: Warrior Within $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of the Kasai $20
Spatan: Total Warrior $20
SSX on Tour $20
Star Ocean $25
Taiko Drum Master: $20, $10
The Getaway: BM $15
The suffering: Ties Bind $15
Urbz: $10
War of the Monsters: $10
Wrath Unleashed: $10, $5

PSP
Ape Escape $30
ATV Offroad Fury $30
Burnout legends $30
Coded Arms $30
Dead 2 Rights 2 $25
Death, Jr $30
Frantix $20
Gretzky NHL 2006 $25
Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire $30
Kingdom of Paradise $30
Lord of the Rings Tactics $35
Medieval Resurrection $25
Metal Gear Acid $30
Midnight club $30
MLB $30
Museum Battle collection $30
MVP Baseball $20
NBA:SW $15
NFS: Rivals $20
Ridge Race- $25
Spiderman 2 $20
SSX on Tour $30
The Con $25
THUG2 remix $30
Tiger Woods PGA tour $20
Tiger woods PGA 06$30
Twisted Meta- $30
Untold Legends: Brothers $30
Virtua Tennis $10
Wipeout pure $25
World Tour Soccer $30

Xbox
Alias $10
Amped $10
Amped 2 $10
Batman Begins $15
Battlefield 2 $20
Black Arrow $10
Bond from Russia with Love $25
Bond under fire $8
Brothers in Arms/ earned $25
Burnout 3 $10
Castlevania Curse $20
Charlie & the Chocolate Factory $20
Clancy's Lockdown $15
Conker $10
Crimson Skies $10
Destroy all Humans $20
DOA3 $10
DOA Ultimate $25
Doom 3 $15
ESPN Baseball $10
Fable $10
Fight Night 04 $10
Forza $15
Ghost Recon $10
Ghost Recon Island $10
Goldeneye Rogue Agent $10
Half Life 2 $25
Harry Potter Chamber of Fire $10
Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction $25
Intellivision Lives: $5
Jade Empire $10
Kingdom Under Fire $15
King Kong $25
KOTOR $10
KOTOR 2 $20
LA rush $15
Legends of Wrestling $8
Links 2004: $5
LOTR 3rd Age $10
Madden 05: $10
March Madness 2005 $5
Mechassault 2- $13
Medal of Honor Europe Assault $15
Mercenaries $15
Midnight Club 3 $20
Midway Arcade Treasures: $10
Midway 3 $10
MLB 2k5 $8
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks $15
MVP 2005 $5
MX Unleashed $10
NBA Ballers $10
NBA Street 3 $30
NCAA March Madness 2005 $10
NCAA March Madness 2006 $15
NFL 2k5 $10
NFL Street $10
NFL Street 2 $10
NFS Underground $10
NHL 06 $15
Ninja Gaiden $20
Ninja Gaiden Black $15
Outrun 2 $16
PacMan World 2 $10
Prince of Persia $10
R Racing Evolution $5
Rainbow 6 $10
Ralisport Challenge $10
Ride or Die $15
Rise of Soldier $20
Sega GT online $10
Sims Bustin Out $1
Sonic Heroes $10
Sonic Mega collection $10
Soul Calibur 2 $4
Spartan Total warrior $20
Spiderman2 $10
Splinter Cell $10
SSX on Tour $20
SSX Tricky $8
Star wars 3 $15
Star Wars- Obi-Wan $10
Street Racing Syndicate $15
Sudeki $10
Suffering: Ties that Bind $15
The Urbs $10
The Warriors $25
THUG $10
Tiger Wood 05: $10, $3
TMNT 2 $10
Top Spin $10
True Crime: LA $25
Unreal Championship $8
Unreal Championship 2 $10
Wrath Unleashed $5
X-Men Legends $10
Yourself Fitness $8

Went the the Sears in Castleton, Indianapolis and didn't see any great bargains. They had a clearance bin next to the game case with a lot of the same games that you see everywhere for $10-20. Thought about getting Carmen Sandiego for $10 but it didn't really look like a CS game...fighting and crap shouldn't be part of a CS game...the series has always been more about trivia and puzzle solving.

The game case was pretty sad...I didn't have any of the games in the case scanned since there was no one anywhere near to ask and it looked like all the clearance stuff was in the bin anyway. Not sure why Sears even bothers to carry games...they had like 1 copy each of games like Donkey Konga that have probably been collecting dust in the case since they were released.

Finally made it to Sears. I was able to get Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones ($9.97) and Mario Golf: Advance Tour ($12.97).

Fire Emblem wasn't in the system so I asked the guy to try typing in the Stock code from the sticker on the shelf and it worked!

I really wanted KH:CoM but they didn't have it. I also had the guy scan DK vs Mario and Dr Mario/Puzzle League but they came up at $29.99.

Oh yeah... stopped by the Sears in the mall near here (only two on the east side), which happened to be the first Sears I ever bought a video game from during the CC clearance this summer. But no dice... they didn't have any of the clearance games. Small enough selection that they even had sale prices marked (a lot of games are $5 off from 1/1 to 1/18). Ah well.

Selection was tiny... there was a Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones and 3 FFTA, so I asked for those 2 games, the clerk scans it, they don't turn up in the system, I insisted on speaking witih the manager, so the guy disappears for what seemed like half an hour, and came back and said they can't sell the games to me, GRRRRRR....

I got ICO for the PS2 at the St. Petersburg, FL store. None of the cheap GBA games were available. They had several $10 Midway Arcade Treasures 1 for the XBox, and that was about it for deals.

Sears in Lakeforest Mall (Maryland) had almost nothing. They had a bunch of GBA games but they where marked down to $25. A few of thoes classic games remained (Metroid was for $9) and then there was a bargain bin which was pretty much empty and had nothing worth noting. They did have the PS2 HD/FFXI bundle for $70. I didnt buy anything so if you are looking for somthing, they should have it in stock still.

Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you.

DS
Pokemon Dash $25
Urbz $25
Warioware Touched $25, $13

GBA
Kingdon Hearts: $13
Legend of Zelda LTTP: $10
Mario and Luigi: $10
Metroid Zero Mission: $10
Pokemon Leaf Green: $13
Super Mario Bros (Classic): $3

Xbox
NCAA March Madness 2005: $10
Tiger Wood 05: $10

GCN

PS2
Bujingai: $15
Champions of Norrath: $10
Taiko Drum Master: $20
Wrath Unleashed: $10

PS1:
Sony Memory Card: $3

[quote name='evilmax17']Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you.

DS
Pokemon Dash $25
Urbz $25
Warioware Touched $25, $13

GBA
Kingdon Hearts: $13
Legend of Zelda LTTP: $10
Mario and Luigi: $10
Metroid Zero Mission: $10
Pokemon Leaf Green: $13
Super Mario Bros (Classic): $3

Xbox
NCAA March Madness 2005: $10
Tiger Wood 05: $10

GCN

PS2
Bujingai: $15
Champions of Norrath: $10
Taiko Drum Master: $20
Wrath Unleashed: $10

PS1:
Sony Memory Card: $3[/QUOTE]

good job evilmax

Peabody, MA Sears:

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones $9.97

Last copy, had to use the stock code. I was very pleased, as the selection was minimal (as usual).

Got "R" on (Xbox) for $4.99 at the St. Pete, FL Sears. It is marked as $9.99 but scans at $4.99 when price checked. They had plenty left and also a stack of "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords" on (Xbox) for $19.99. Although they are marked at $49.99 it should scan at $19.99.

Bought the last "Pokemon LeafGreen Version" there for $12.XX and the last Sony PSone (First Party) Memory Card for $3.XX.

[quote name='Snake2715']evilmax17,

I am going to update the first page.[/QUOTE]
You may also want to add in the OP that if a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number on the shelf for that game.

This is what happened to me with Fire Emblem. It wouldn't scan but when they typed in the stock# it came right up.

[quote name='Sarrasis']You may also want to add in the OP that if a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number on the shelf for that game.

This is what happened to me with Fire Emblem. It wouldn't scan but when they typed in the stock# it came right up.[/QUOTE]
That may explain why FF Tactics rang up $19.99 for me, I don't think it had one of those Sears price labels on it.

Saw a bunch of Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA) at Sears yesterday and they actually scanned on the price check machine at $24.99. It said "Regular Price $34.99, Sale Price $24.99, You Save $10.00!" It's been widely reported that it showed up as not in the system, so I'm wondering if they finally fixed it. It sucks on the other level that it was on clearance for $10 before and now it's back up to $25. From my experience, the Sears label and the UPC have always scanned at the same price (if it was the correct label), so I don't know if that was the case this time.

Oh, and answering a post above, "R" is "Racing Evolution". It's $4.99 for Xbox. Should be a universal price.

If anyone wants to pick me up a copy of Super Mario Bros. Classic (the Classic NES series...*not* Super Mario Bros. Advance) I would greatly appreciate it. I will make it worth your while.

[quote name='cochesecochese']If anyone wants to pick me up a copy of Super Mario Bros. Classic (the Classic NES series...*not* Super Mario Bros. Advance) I would greatly appreciate it. I will make it worth your while.[/QUOTE]

I have one... its just not the GBA version which goes for 60+ on ebay and its even more "classicy" as it plugs directly into you NES!!

[quote name='Snake2715']I have one... its just not the GAB version which goes for 60+ on ebay and its even more "classicy" as it plugs directly into you NES!![/QUOTE]
Jesus Christ, I just checked this on ebay. When did this become rare / sought after? Why is it selling for so much?

[quote name='evilmax17']Jesus Christ, I just checked this on ebay. When did this become rare / sought after? Why is it selling for so much?[/QUOTE]

Been for a fe months that I knew of..

Its crazy and goes to show what some of the DS games are going to be worth in a few years. I mean how many versions of this Mario are out there?

Yet games like Trauma and Feel the magic and others will be available on no other system nor will it be able to be imitated very easy... So they will be worth it in a few years.

I think the problem with GBA games and why they get to be worth so much is that everyone tosses out the boxes from them, and just has the cart, so a game complete in box is worth WAY WAY more than a game that is cart only, since cart only games are so incredibly common. Its amazing how much saving a box + manual will increase the value of certain games.

[quote name='Snake2715']I have one... its just not the GBA version which goes for 60+ on ebay and its even more "classicy" as it plugs directly into you NES!![/QUOTE]

Cute. I'm looking more for a pin and a cart more than anything. I have a serious pin problem.

Anybody have any luck with buying FF Tactics (GBA) for $10???

It scanned in as invalid and the clerk tried every tip that the OP mentioned in the first post... eventually it just rang up as $29.99. I realize it's YMMV but do they have to manually input the $10 price for it to work?

I noticed on the shelf sticker where FF Tactics was, there were dates (1/01 to 1/28) so maybe the price will drop to clearance after Jan. 28???

I got Mario Golf GBA for $12.97 and Downhill Domination for $9.99 (they scanned into the computer fine) but the game I REALLY wanted was FF Tactics.

Saw an EyeToy Groove with Camera today marked at $17.99 at Sears. Even stranger is that the one without the camera is marked $24.99! Not as good as the Big K-Mart 50% off sale price though, and it's probably even less common to come across one in a Sears.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Cute. I'm looking more for a pin and a cart more than anything. I have a serious pin problem.[/QUOTE]

as in Product ID number that you register or did it come with a pin of some sort....

[quote name='sabin23']Anybody have any luck with buying FF Tactics (GBA) for $10???

It scanned in as invalid and the clerk tried every tip that the OP mentioned in the first post... eventually it just rang up as $29.99. I realize it's YMMV but do they have to manually input the $10 price for it to work?

I noticed on the shelf sticker where FF Tactics was, there were dates (1/01 to 1/28) so maybe the price will drop to clearance after Jan. 28???

I got Mario Golf GBA for $12.97 and Downhill Domination for $9.99 (they scanned into the computer fine) but the game I REALLY wanted was FF Tactics.[/QUOTE]

I got it for $10. It wouldn't ring up so they gave it to me for $9.99 as an arbritrary price to get rid of me. Very YMMV the same trick didn't work for SMB 3 at another sears store .

My girlfriend bought SMB 3 for me for XMAS before she dumped my ass, though.

[quote name='sabin23']Anybody have any luck with buying FF Tactics (GBA) for $10???

I got Mario Golf GBA for $12.97 and Downhill Domination for $9.99 (they scanned into the computer fine) but the game I REALLY wanted was FF Tactics.[/QUOTE]

well i'm willing to bet you'll have a whole lot more fun with Downhill Domination than you ever would with FFTA. Tactics Advance just completely ruined the formula, which is to say, added a bunch of stupid rules, stupid characters, and a stupid story. what the HELL happened to badass political espionage and an awesome war story about an unknown protagonist? *grumble*FFTsequelmyass*grumble*

[quote name='cochesecochese']The product ID number for MyNintendo.[/QUOTE]

Ask for it on the trade forums...

I will see if I can come across one..

Sometimes you can go to a Video rental store and ask or a used game store and get them..

[quote name='wageslave']I got it for $10. It wouldn't ring up so they gave it to me for $9.99 as an arbritrary price to get rid of me. Very YMMV the same trick didn't work for SMB 3 at another sears store.[/QUOTE]

Sounds extremely like YMMV then... what will Sears do with all the copies of FF: Tactics since their computers don't even recognize it when customers check out?

[quote name='wageslave']My girlfriend bought SMB 3 for me for XMAS before she dumped my ass, though.[/QUOTE]

There are plenty of fish in the sea.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']well i'm willing to bet you'll have a whole lot more fun with Downhill Domination than you ever would with FFTA. Tactics Advance just completely ruined the formula, which is to say, added a bunch of stupid rules, stupid characters, and a stupid story. what the HELL happened to badass political espionage and an awesome war story about an unknown protagonist? *grumble*FFTsequelmyass*grumble*[/QUOTE]

Downhill is a little dissapointing thus far... like a poor man's version of SSX (except with bikes)... I guess I was too hype after seeing an IGN video review.

I must admit, FF Tactic's story seems a little proposterous... but I loved the original FF Tactics on PSOne, I'm willing to give any game with the same lineage, a shot.

I got Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone for Gamecube for $14.99 (it was stickered at $19.99 but rang up on sale)...so you can add that to the list...

Anyone know how much they're charging for Ico? I saw 2 sealed copies at a Sears and asked a worker how much the game would be. He said something along the lines of Ico being an old game so it would be somewhere between 20 and 30 dollars.

[quote name='Denken']Anyone know how much they're charging for Ico? I saw 2 sealed copies at a Sears and asked a worker how much the game would be. He said something along the lines of Ico being an old game so it would be somewhere between 20 and 30 dollars.[/QUOTE]
It scans at around $16.99.

I was at a sears today that had 2 copies of final fantasy tactics in stock, they were ringing up as not found in the system. I had a hard time getting the clerk to scan the item into the register but i finally managed, then i told him to enter the digits on the tag since the game was not coming up and he did that and it rang up 29.99 so it appears that this sale is over. Also one of the FFTA copies had a red sticker that looked like it was removed.

Has anyone found any of the old gamecube bundles such as the one with Metroid Prime for cheap ringing up in the system? I saw some at my Sears but they're labeled still as 100 bucks. I know I should just ask them scan one, but my sears is long drive away just on a chance. Thanks ahead.

My sears wouldn't ring up a copy of Final Fantasy Tactics for GBA. It had no price on it and the game wasn't in their system anymore. They even called the manager and the manager told them not to sell it. War of Monsters for $9.99 was what I walked out with.

Interesting since it was $9.97 on XBox a few weeks ago. According to the main list Links was $4.97 a few weeks ago and Sims Bustin Out was $4.97 over the summer so it looks like all those games had price drops. I wonder if that means a lot if not all the games on the list dropped in price again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back