Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

Went to Sears earlier, and picked up Zelda: The Four Swords for $3.00. The guy looked at me like I was robbing the place haha. I love it. Thanks guys! :D

[quote name='speedy05']Also, does Sears do price adjustments?[/quote]
Yep, you need your receipt and it has to be within 30 days of purchase. You may or may not have to do it at the Sears that you bought it from too.

I dunno if this is an unheard of deal, but I picked up Trace Memory (DS) for $10.57 today. I usually see it for a full $20 and even $30, so I decided to snag it up. I was in a hurry and didn't have time for a thorough scan of the clearance racks, so I'll probably be going back tomorrow or Wednesday.

[quote name='evilmax17']Yep, you need your receipt and it has to be within 30 days of purchase. You may or may not have to do it at the Sears that you bought it from too.[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks

[quote name='deadlykeyboard']My Sears had Mario Hoops in the 20 dollar bin. Should I buy it? I'm selling my DS, but if anyone was interested...[/QUOTE]

This just came out like last week.. I seriously doubt it'll ring up for $20 in their system, or that you can convince them to give it to you for $20 since you found it in the bin.

[quote name='sterlingice']What system?

SI[/quote]

I picked it up for the PS2, didn't see it for any other system and it wasn't marked clearance. I also noticed most of the games were marked clearance prices for August, but if you ask a nice employee to check the price another 25 % september clearance should be added to most.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Picked up War of Monster for $10, they had Soul Caliber II for 7 and a few others. Not the best deal but I wanted War of Monsters for a while.[/QUOTE]

War of Monsters is a cool game.

Went to my Sears and found the following:

DS
Advance Wars $8
Metroid Pinball $10

XB
Ninja Gaiden $10

The DS games are up for trade.

[quote name='evilmax17']Yep, you need your receipt and it has to be within 30 days of purchase. You may or may not have to do it at the Sears that you bought it from too.[/QUOTE]
And they said that they have to still have the item in stock if it was a clearance item. So unless your Sears still has some of the games that have gone down, they may not let you get an adjustment.

If anyone has these games sealed, Id like to buy or trade for them. Looking for DS games.

Meteos
Trace Memory
Metroid Prime Pinball
Advance Wars

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']It doesnt appear to be but who knows it is pretty old...

Is that GH or regular?[/QUOTE]

Player's Choice I will get it scanned next time I go if they still have it.

I have an extra copy of WarioWare Twisted for trade I am looking for Kirby Amazing Mirror or Metroid Prime Pinball unopened. PM me if interested.

[quote name='CGH']Player's Choice I will get it scanned next time I go if they still have it.

I have an extra copy of WarioWare Twisted for trade I am looking for Kirby Amazing Mirror or Metroid Prime Pinball unopened. PM me if interested.[/QUOTE]

Just had it scanned tonight $19.99 :(

[quote name='Riyonuk']If anyone has these games sealed, Id like to buy or trade for them. Looking for DS games.

Meteos
Trace Memory
Metroid Prime Pinball
Advance Wars[/QUOTE]

I have em all. :) Pmd ya.

WoW went to my Sears today and they are totally re-modeling the game area.
They still have tons of games, I just have them all. Does anyone have any NEW clearence games to report?
Metal Gear:Sub, Fire Emblem all these games would be mine if they went on clearance!

well, i broke down n got :gc: battalion wars for $15. didnt really want to get it now, but that is the only one ive seen @ either Sears in Omaha. is it any good?

[quote name='kdelane']does anyone know if the southland mall sears in hayward ,california still has copies of the $3 ridgeracer?[/quote]

It should actually be $1.97 if they have it. Good luck I finally found one at a local Sears. It is a hard decision wheter or not to open it (I heard it was awful).

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']It should actually be $1.97 if they have it. Good luck I finally found one at a local Sears. It is a hard decision wheter or not to open it (I heard it was awful).[/quote]

Yeah it's pretty bad. I got for $2 from KMart and after playing a race or two, it became filler for the EBStop 3/$10 deal.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']It should actually be $1.97 if they have it. Good luck I finally found one at a local Sears. It is a hard decision wheter or not to open it (I heard it was awful).[/QUOTE]

it's super awful, seriously.

[quote name='CGH']Is Luigi's Mansion a clearance title?[/QUOTE]

It scanned at $19.99 today at my sears. Picked up the following:

SSX on tour psp $6.97
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles $4.97
Amped 2 $2.97
Warriors $5.97
Mechassualt 2 LE $7.97
Warriorware twisted $7.47
Mario Party 6 $11.97

Also picked up Virtua Tennis again for $9.99 since I ended up trading it in last time when I need trade in fodder.

DAMN! Crystal Chronicles is $5?!? I guess I gotta go back. Here's what I scored today:

Donkey Konga x2 @ $15 ea.
Metroid Prime Pinball @ $10
SSX Tricky (XBOX) @ $3
Castlevania Curse (XBOX) @ $15
Dead or Alive Ultimate @ $15
Baiten Kaitos @ $10
Metroid Prime Echoes @ $8

If anyone wants a Metroid Prime Pinball, lemme know, cause the Sears I went to had a GAJILLION!! NO BULL!

I would REALLY like a Zelda 4 swords and Pikmin 2....HOLLA!

i was talking about psp ridge racers. i bought a copy at launch and saw that it was on clearance for $3! i picked up a few copies for gifts and now i need another one to send to my cousin in the philippines. does anyone recall the price of metal gear acid>

[quote name='kdelane']i was talking about psp ridge racers. i bought a copy at launch and saw that it was on clearance for $3! i picked up a few copies for gifts and now i need another one to send to my cousin in the philippines. does anyone recall the price of metal gear acid>[/QUOTE]

there's a ton of ridge racers in the philippines, my friend. people don't like it from what i heard. :whistle2:k psp titles are just being traded and seldom bought at stores. i think datablitz and celtex sell those.

[quote name='Knoxximus']DAMN! Crystal Chronicles is $5?!? I guess I gotta go back. Here's what I scored today:

Donkey Konga x2 @ $15 ea.
Metroid Prime Pinball @ $10
SSX Tricky (XBOX) @ $3
Castlevania Curse (XBOX) @ $15
Dead or Alive Ultimate @ $15
Baiten Kaitos @ $10
Metroid Prime Echoes @ $8

If anyone wants a Metroid Prime Pinball, lemme know, cause the Sears I went to had a GAJILLION!! NO BULL!

I would REALLY like a Zelda 4 swords and Pikmin 2....HOLLA![/QUOTE]

PM sent.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
:gba: GBA
$10
Astroboy
WarioWare Twisted
[/QUOTE]
Went to two locations today, couldn't find anything I was looking for. The two quoted above were selling for $8, however.

I was trying to find:
:gc:
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Tennis
:gba:
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
:ds:
Feel the Magic
Meteos
Advance Wars

[quote name='kdelane']i was talking about psp ridge racers. i bought a copy at launch and saw that it was on clearance for $3! i picked up a few copies for gifts and now i need another one to send to my cousin in the philippines. does anyone recall the price of metal gear acid>[/quote]

IF you could get me RR for the psp for $3 I would REALLY appreciate it.

[quote name='wlightning85']Anybody know how much the gb player is, there is a sears that has a few near me?[/quote]

Just checked at my Sears about 5 days ago and it rang up 59.99:rofl:

I just laaaaaughed....what more could I say.

The Metroid Prime Gamecube bundles were half off at Sears, were they not?

When I stopped in yesterday they had one left sitting in the case.

PIcked up the following:
f-zero $1.97 this was still in the case.
ico $4.97
KOF double pack $6.97
snk vs capcom chaos $3.97
Zelda 4 swords $2.97

I am still going through the cases. You get a bit overwhelmed. I swear I miss something everytime. I try to keep the list secret, so no one is on to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back