Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

[quote name='freshzen']This is going to be a tough one, but...

Can anyone get me a SKU for Warioware: Touched! ??

PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!![/quote]

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but, here's the UPC

[quote name='evilmax17']Has BW dipped below the elusive $10 mark yet?[/QUOTE]

picked it up over the weekend for $14.97...hoping it drops within the 30 day price guarantee window :)

Thanks PigeonSt but I need the actual Sears product SKU for WWT. If I can give the empoyee the # to enter into the computer, the last known price will show up. Otherwise they "offer" it to me for like $30. The only way I'll get the # is if someone actually still has their Sears receipt.

[quote name='royal']was wario ware touched even on clearence, i dont see it in the list, maybe your thinking of twisted?[/QUOTE]

Yep, but it was well over a year ago. That's where I got my copy.

Was unable to find any games on clearance but great call on the Mario Mix. Found one buried in the back of a display case for 49.99. Thanks!

They finally lowered the price of Trace Memory to $7 at my local Sears, I have always been curious about that game so I finally picked one up. Also picked up a copy of Advance Wars DS for $8, I don't where it came from cause that game has been MIA at that Sears for the last couple of months. The cashier seem really surprised that the DS games were so cheap, even though they all had those little pink stickers with the correct price on it.

Picked up Ninja Gaiden, Geist, and Metroid Prime 2 all for around $12 at the Sears in Meriden today. Was at the Sears in Waterbury the day before too, and aside from picking up the last copy of FFTA for $4 they had nothing good.

Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though, including an Astro Boy for gba- GO GET IT!

just picked up oddworld stranger's wrath for $10. i was very surprised to see it there because i never even saw it in the display case for its normal price and suddenly it shows up in the bargain bin for $10.

[quote name='trent82']just picked up oddworld stranger's wrath for $10. i was very surprised to see it there because i never even saw it in the display case for its normal price and suddenly it shows up in the bargain bin for $10.[/QUOTE]

It should be $3 though :(

I found a GH copy of Dark Cloud for $3, Astro Boy for $5 i believe, and F-Zero for $5.

If anyone could find a Pikmin 2 or WarioWare Twisted for me I can pay via Paypal. (or I have a sealed Baiten Kaitos w/soundtrack fro TRU clearance I can trade, might be possibile I can find more Fatal Frame IIIs or Final Fantasy IV Advance from TRU too)

[quote name='biggyfries']decided to get gunstar super heroes for gba. $10. i didnt know the game was that good. definitely worth it.[/QUOTE]

You can get this game at Bestbuy for $5 after $5 off coupon.

I went back again to try to get the DDR Mario Mix I bought earlier this month price adjusted but it still rang up for $49.99. I bought Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets XBox $2.97.

I bought a bunch of games for myself or gifts in the past week:

Rainbow Six: Lockdown (XB) - $1.97
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow (XB) - $2.97
F-Zero GX (GC) - $1.97
Sega GT Online (XB) - $1.97
WarioWare Twisted (GBA) - $3.97
Taiko Drum Master (PS2) - $4.97
Gretzky NHL (PSP) - $2.97
Tiger Woods PGA Tour (PSP) - $3.97
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact (PS2) - $4.97
Jade Empire (XB) - $4.97
Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets (GC) - $2.97
MVP Baseball 2005 (XB) - $2.97
Amped 2 (XB) - $2.97

I also scanned, but didn't get:

Samurai Jack (PS2) - $5.97
Metroid Prime Pinball (DS) - $7.97
Polarium (DS) - $5.97
DOA Ultimate (XB) - $7.97
SSX on Tour (PSP) - $6.97
Wipeout Pure (PSP) - $14.97

Grabbed Pikmin 2 for $6.97 (had a tag that said $7.97) and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones for $4.97. A little disappointed I couldn't find Wario Ware: Twisted. They had all of the games scattered inside the glass display, so it made digging through games almost impossible. Had I not dug through the PS2 games sitting on top of the GameCube ones, I wouldn't have found Pikmin 2.

These are the following games I bought:

GBA
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls $4.97

GC
Pikmin 2 $7.97

DS
Polarium $3.97
Trace Memory $6.97

PS2
Eyetoy Play 2 $10.97
Ico $1.97
USB Headset $7.97

Xbox
Jade Empire $5.97
Mechassault 2: LE $4.97
Advanced AV Pack (S-video) $2.97

[quote name='SleepyBum']These are the following games I bought:

GBA

GC
Pikmin 2 $7.97

DS
Polarium $3.97
Trace Memory $6.97

PS2
Eyetoy Play 2 $10.97
Ico $1.97
USB Headset $7.97

Xbox
Jade Empire $5.97
Advanced AV Pack (S-video) $2.97[/quote]

Can u please tell me which Sears u went to? The one on Soto & Olympic didn't have anything good the last time I went there.

They had Mech Assault for $15, IIRC.

[quote name='SleepyBum']These are the following games I bought:

GBA

GC
Pikmin 2 $7.97

DS
Polarium $3.97
Trace Memory $6.97

PS2
Eyetoy Play 2 $10.97
Ico $1.97
USB Headset $7.97

Xbox
Jade Empire $5.97
Advanced AV Pack (S-video) $2.97[/quote]
:cry: I want ICO bu none of the Sears within 100 miles had it :cry:

I went to every Sears in SoCal... The ones in Orange County had more stuff. I checked out east side of LA today. They all have at least 3x Dead or Alive U. But not much good stuff left.

Think like Montebello had like 4x DOAU, Hollywood (Santa Monica Blvd/Western) had like 3x DOAU, and Puente Hills had 4x DOAU. Nothing else peaked my interest. Most have like 2x Feel the Magic.

Ico was a surprise find. I haven't seen it at all before at any store I can remeber, except Fry's.

Also got 1x Dead or Alive 3 at the Hollywood Sears. Think it rang up as $4.97. Montebello used to have a big clearance rack, but looks like they got rid of it. Used to have like 5+ DOA 3 in there.

Downey Sears

Had: 3x DOAU, 2x Trace Memory, 3x Feel the Magic, 1x Mech Assault 2 Limited. I think this is where I bought my Trace Memory and Mech Assault.

I think the one in Cerritos had that Halo Triple pack (but rings as $49.99) and those Eyetoy games. 2x Feel the Magic.

Buena Park is where I got the Palidum. There's 2 more left.

Keeping an eye out on those stand thingy with those $9.99 and $14.99 games in it. Some good ones in there. Metal Gear Solid 3, Xenosaga I and II, Onimusha 3, Front Mission 4, and some others. Hope they will drop the price to clear it out, instead of shipping it back.

Yeah, i agree, there were some good and rare games in those 9.99 and 14.99 things, i have seen a few rare gba titles, such as james pond, would like to get that one, i dunno where those came from, must have been overstock from the manufacturers or something, funny how all the older games start appearing on shelves during christmas time. I don't think there is a universal upc for those games like the kmart ones so clearance could start on them at anytime.

Found a Metal Gear Ac!d original at Glendale Sears for $9.97. Will go good with the Ac!d 2 I got at TRU earlier. They also have a clearance table there with some games, but I think most are ringing up at $9.99-$14.99+.

Some of those display don't have a UPC sticker over the original. I checked Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and R: Racing and those don't have sticker UPC, but ring up at $9.99.

The ones that do mostly ring up at $14.99. I'm looking to pick up these when they fall to like $5 (hopeful):

Xenosaga
Xenosaga II
Onimusha 3
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Urban Reign
Death by Degrees
R: Racing

Oh, saw 2x DOAU at the Glendale Sears. Where were these when I was looking for them a year ago!? Why do Sears have so many of this game and nothing else on clearance?

I went a while back to Sears they had videogames just scattered everywhere with no prices.. so I asked the guy and he said the lowest priced item in the videogames was like $15 so I decided it wasn't worth it and left.

[quote name='Koshiba']I went a while back to Sears they had videogames just scattered everywhere with no prices.. so I asked the guy and he said the lowest priced item in the videogames was like $15 so I decided it wasn't worth it and left.[/quote] And you believed what a store employee told you...

I scooped out a Sears earlier:
Alias (xbox) $3.97
Geist (3.97)
NCCA Basketball or Football 2004 (honestly don't know, just figured it might be a buck) $29.97. Rung up as "clearance".
Donkey Konga w/drums $5.97
Virtua Tennis and Midway Treasures on psp are no longer on clearance. Both rung up at $19.99

[quote name='eau']And you believed what a store employee told you...[/QUOTE]

Was out christmas shopping and didn't feel like bothering with it. =p Seemed like the employee would've started being difficult anyway. Sears really needs a self price check like Walmart.

^They already have them, but not too many. It's usually located near the hardware department. Now, good luck trying to get games out of the case to go and scan them. It'll work for the stores that have the bins though.

[quote name='shiningslade']^They already have them, but not too many. It's usually located near the hardware department. Now, good luck trying to get games out of the case to go and scan them. It'll work for the stores that have the bins though.[/QUOTE]

None of the games were in a case. They were just scattered about everywhere. I'll have to ask next time where the self-price check scanner is at next time I go in there, much easier than dealing with some of the employees that work there.

I stopped at White Marsh, MD over the weekend on the way home from Disney World and the Sears there had absolutely no clearance games. I have never seen that before where a Sears didn't even have 1 game on clearance.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I stopped at White Marsh, MD over the weekend on the way home from Disney World and the Sears there had absolutely no clearance games. I have never seen that before where a Sears didn't even have 1 game on clearance.[/quote]
None of the games at my Sears are marked for Clearance, nor did any of them have their lower prices marked on them, yet they still rang up lower than what the price stated.

Probably among the lines of the same, uncaring attitude of Kmart.

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though, including an Astro Boy for gba- GO GET IT![/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

WYI, if anyone in Indy needs the FFXI with HDD, they had one at the Lafyette Square store. The box is unsealed, but it's complete. There may have been more clearance, but I didn't have my list with me.

Just got a DOA:U yesterday for $2.97. Anyone know if the 2 month Live trial cards still work? I'm on the verge of subscribing (finally about to get broadband! yay suburbia!), and I'm just curious.

[quote name='chrisflyer']Just got a DOA:U yesterday for $2.97. Anyone know if the 2 month Live trial cards still work? I'm on the verge of subscribing (finally about to get broadband! yay suburbia!), and I'm just curious.[/QUOTE]

I was a little late to broadband myself and didn't have any problem using some "expired" Live trials, so I think you should be fine.

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Picked up FFXI+HDD for PS2 for $20. The employee looked very shocked, heh. Had one left too after I'd bought mine.[/QUOTE]
I went to two Sears I don't get to very often this weekend, and ended up finding three of these things. One place had it clearanced to $9.97 (very prominently displayed in the game case). The second one had two - at the $7.97 price point (under some cameras being used as shelf supports :lol:).

Crazy.

At the first store, I also found an official 251 GCN memory card for $7.97.

The decent games are long gone, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back