Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

As someone pointed out it seems Sears and Kmart are going to the restickering trend at the warehouse after they hit a certain price point. I have seen the red $14.99 stickers at both locations nearby...

Picked up :
Eye Toy Antigrav $4.97
Eye Toy Play 2 $9.97
Eye Toy Groove (no camera, but of course I don't need one now) $2.97

Also had :
Eye Toy Kinetic $4.97

I wonder why Eye Toy Groove (with camera) is $29.99 still...

[quote name='chrisflyer']saw lots of MGS3: Subsistence in Mentor, OH, but they rang up full price.[/QUOTE]

pretty sure that person just lucked out since it was the orginal Snake Eater that was advertised for $6.99.

picked up the non-PH versions of Perfect Dark and Kameo for $19.99 each.....

also found Dead or Alive Ultimate double-pack for $3.97......never played these games before, but saw they were backwards compatible......so i'm thinking they had to be worth it for that price......

[quote name='jboy']pretty sure that person just lucked out since it was the orginal Snake Eater that was advertised for $6.99.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see the original $6.99 ad, but that's kind of what I assumed.

I went to the Sears in the East Town Mall in Madison, WI and they seemed like they plan on haveing video games there for awhile yet, theres still a glass case there full of games. the only cheaper ones that i saw were in a 19.99 and under bin, and most of them were just greatest hits games for 19.99, needless to say, i was dissapointed.

I had to go to the mall today so I figured I stop by Sears. Not much there. A bunch of $14.99 and $9.99 games in a cardboard display by the register.But nothing I wanted. Then I remember awhile back I saw Zelda Four Swords for the GC in the small glass display at the end of the games aisle. But wasn't sure of the price back then. So I went the display and was like damn still there and its $3 now.

Went to register rang up $1.97 before tax. Kid at register mouth opened and was like I would have bought that months ago If i knew it was that price. I was thinking it pays to be a CAG. Then I told him if he wanted Antigrav for the PS2 it was $8 and he took it for himself. Because I bought that awhile back during the CC $8.96 sale.

I made a trip to Sears earlier today Feel the Magic rang up for $19.99. Halo 2 Collector's edition $29.99. Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets XBox $3.97 I bought the same game last month at another Sears for $2.97.

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Picked up FFXI+HDD for PS2 for $20. The employee looked very shocked, heh. Had one left too after I'd bought mine.[/quote]

Errr, it suppose to be $8? Or at least it's $15, i believe that's what i read from the earlier post or a different thread...

Besides, you can get it in TRU for $14.99, yeap, FFXI+HDD for PS2.

[quote name='Serpentor']Errr, it suppose to be $8? Or at least it's $15, i believe that's what i read from the earlier post or a different thread...

Besides, you can get it in TRU for $14.99, yeap, FFXI+HDD for PS2.[/quote]

No TRUs had it in my area, and no other Sears either. Those were, literally, -the- only two remaining ones I've seen, and I've asked just about every Gamestop and EB if they had them. So for a higher price I went ahead and got it rather than risk waiting.

[quote name='bubzy107']No Polarium in my area, and True Swing Golf rang up as "DS GAME" and as $35.00[/quote]

polarium rung up for $2.97 and True Swing Golf came up at $19.99

also saw a 60 gb ps3 and FFXI HD

got astroboy for $2.97, weee.
too bad i can't seem to find anything else that's good at my sears. only seems to be a bunch of f-zero gp legends for gba for $4.97

oh, and does anyone know if the pokemon xd: gale of darkness special edition gamecube system has gone down? there's one sitting in the glass case and i'm kinda curious.

My girlfriend was near a sears, she suffered through looking for games for me

ended up w/ rise of the kasai for $6.99, everything else rang up as stickered ($14.99 and up)

NO LUCK ON FFXI W/ HDD :(

wow sears sounds like a nightmare

[quote name='EvyLou']picked up the non-PH versions of Perfect Dark and Kameo for $19.99 each.....

also found Dead or Alive Ultimate double-pack for $3.97......never played these games before, but saw they were backwards compatible......so i'm thinking they had to be worth it for that price......[/quote]
You should have gotten the PH version of PD as it contains 6 new maps you otherwise have to pay for.

Oh, and I got Rumble Roses for $2.97, but most copies said $14.99. Weird. Oddworld Strager's Wrath is $10 as well as Alien Homind and several others...

The $14.99 Rumble Roses are the ones repackaged with the new UPC like at K-Mart, the $2.97 was a non repackaged one. I'm surprised it wasn't less than $2.97 by now as I saw it for that price over the summer.

[quote name='Rozz']You should have gotten the PH version of PD as it contains 6 new maps you otherwise have to pay for.

Oh, and I got Rumble Roses for $2.97, but most copies said $14.99. Weird. Oddworld Strager's Wrath is $10 as well as Alien Homind and several others...[/quote]

It contains 4 maps you have to pay for if you don't have the PH version (I believe they are 500 points). The other two maps were given away for free to everyone.

And honestly. The game is complete garbage. I have tried several times to play through it and get into it, but I just can't. At 19.99 you are getting ripped off. I only paid 15 for the collector's version and feel ripped off. (This is coming from someone who pretty much only plays FPS games and is not too picky as long as the game has some redeeming qualities).

[quote name='Josef']WarioWare Twisted (GBA) is down to $1.97.[/quote]

sucks that I can't find a copy of this anywhere :(

[quote name='CaseyRyback']And honestly. The game is complete garbage. I have tried several times to play through it and get into it, but I just can't. At 19.99 you are getting ripped off. I only paid 15 for the collector's version and feel ripped off. (This is coming from someone who pretty much only plays FPS games and is not too picky as long as the game has some redeeming qualities).[/quote]

Goldeneye Rogue Agent and Contract JACK were both more fun than this, but I still chugged through PDZero.

Heck, if Red Steel was played with the 360 controller rather than the Wiimote, and all the swordfighting was just cut, RS would still edge out PDZero.

I found some nice items at a Sears in my area, some of which I don't think were "clearance priced", but given what they go for on ebay, you might as well call them clearance priced:

Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix with Dance Pad $49.95
Gameboy Player $59.95
Donkey Konga (1) with Bongos $4.98

There were two DDRs and I bought both of them. Only one Gameboy player and Donkey Konga set. I bought those too. They also had two bongo-only sets but I didn't check the prices on those. They also had about 8 or 9 Metroid Prime Pak edition Gamecube systems and 2 Super Smash Bros. Edition Gamecube systems, all for $99.95 each.

I was at the Sears in Myrtle Beach while on vacation (wife wanted to stop at the mall) and I saw two Gamecube Gameboy Players in the case at full price ($60, I believe), as well as a $9.95 Donkey Konga 2 bundle, and 3 copies of Custom Robo at $3.95 each (not in the case). I didn't buy any of it.

I might go and get wario ware twisted now.....thanks for the info

My sears the last time I went had one copy and it was there for a while even before I went...

i pick up a eye toy kinetic for $4.97
There is 1 left if anyone interested. It's located at cerritos mall.

How much is FF advance? I saw a copy hidden behind the window.

[quote name='postaboy']i pick up a eye toy kinetic for $4.97
There is 1 left if anyone interested. It's located at cerritos mall.

How much is FF advance? I saw a copy hidden behind the window.[/QUOTE]

Which one? Dawn of Souls should be about $2 - $4 by now.

FYI, if anyone is interested, I am willing to trade one of the copies of DDR Mario Mix that I picked up. See my trade list, but also you can offer anything for DS or GameCube and I'd consider it (or a new or complete used Wii system would certainly do. :) :)

[quote name='postaboy']sorry, I mean final fantasy tactics advance[/quote]
Ranges between $7 to $9.95, depending on the Sears you buy it from.

Is there a way to find out online if your Sears even carries videogames? The one at the Maine Mall doesn't, but I also pass the Fox Run Mall on the way home, and it might, but I hate to check it out if it's going to be a waste of time.

Hit the motherload today:

FF Tactics Advance - $2.97 (since someone asked)
Pikmin 2 - $5.97
Samurai Jack - $3.97
Eyetoy Kinetic - $4.97

Halo Triple Pack rang up at full price :(

My Sears is behind the times still in terms of clearance prices.

I found some games listed in this thread that had not been restickered yet and still had their original UPCs on the back. Since the Electronics area is now cordoned off with glass partitions (so regular shoppers can gawk at those perusing the electronics department), I could not use any of the price scanners in the store to check prices.

So I went to the front and managed to get the attention of a sales clerk who was busy doing nothing except standing around. She came up to the register and I asked if she could check the prices on these games. She looked at the games and said, "They are already marked with the prices and that's what they will cost." I pointed out a couple of games that had no price tags on them and asked that she humor me and scan the prices. She muttered that these were the prices and they would not be less.

She scanned PS2 From Russia With Love and it was $19.99, and looked at me triumphantly. Then she scanned Metroid 2 and it matched the $7.97 clearance tag, then she scanned GBA Astroboy Omega ??? and it was marked $19.99 but came up $6.97 (still not down to prices some have seen here). then she got to XB PH Amped - marked $19.99 and it scanned in at $1.97. She did a triple take on that and scanned it a couple of times before confirming that the price was lower than marked. Returned the games and kept Amped, took it back to the register and had her scan it for my purchase. She rechecked the game again and finally took my $2 and change for it.

Anyway, my Sears store price reductions are not nearly as generous as others reported here. Will have to wait and hope for the best in the future.

Thanks for this thread!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Has anyone seen a Gameboy Player in an AZ store? I want to pick one up before it's impossible to find.[/quote]

You may be too late. I looked for it a while ago and didn't see any at Sears (Fiesta and Chandler). Fry's had some a few months back, but those are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back