Sears Clearance Thread Summer 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

[quote name='PigeonSt']Almost all of the games in Novi, MI have been marked up to 9.99 or 14.99 with a generic red sticker. There are a few random clearances left though...[/quote]

This is true of most Sears stores. If they happen to have anything left it's likely to be $10 or less by now. Everything else is out of the system and will likely ring up as: Video Game, and is stickered $10 or $15, just like the games at Kmart that went out of the system.

Since the previous "weird Sears clearance thread" is a bit outdated and a bit difficult to read, I decided to go ahead and make a new clearance thread to follow in the same format as the infamous Target clearance threads.

From the previous thread: http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76977
[quote name='Snake2715']
Here's a compiled list of everybody's finds so far in the thread. The price following the game title are the different reported prices.

All prices and availability is YMMV, and a lot of it seems to depend on the cashier. A lot of these games aren't in the system, and in many cases they won't sell them to you. Two options here:

A)If a game isn't in the computer when scanned, the cashier can try typing in the Stock number that is on the sticker for the game on the shelf.

B)Some people have had success bringing up another known priced game and getting both for that price.

* Also to note prices are rounded UP!!
[/quote]
* I just want to say how much dick the posters on fat wallet enjoy sucking, for we all know this will undoubtedly get reposted over there word-for-word, with no credit to the CAG community

** All games listed below are games that I have seen, or have seen posted recently in the previous thread, I will continue to update the list as required.

*** Please attempt to post all additions as follows:

Game - System - Price
ex: Conker - Xbox - $5

**** Prices are obviously YMMV, I have listed the lowest known price, however prices may be double or half the listed price, depending on your luck.

***** My current theory is that the games marked with a "Jun" clearance sticker are actually now 1/2 price at most stores, "Jul" clearance games may drop again in September, while the "Aug" clearance games are naturally up to date.

******Prices seem to be dropping again as we near September, the actual price in some cases my now be 40% less than the listed price.

AUGUST 2006

:gc: GC

$2
F-Zero GX

$3
Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets
James Bond: Agent Under Fire
Zelda: 4 Swords

$5
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Goldeneye Rogue Agent
Kirby's Air Ride
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
Metroid Prime
Nintendo Bongos w/o game
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

$8
Metroid Prime 2
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
WWE: Day of Reckoning 2

$9
Donkey Konga 2: w/o bongos

$10
Custom Robo
Donkey Konga Jungle Beat: w/o bongos
Frogger: Ancient Shadows *Not a clearance title*
Harry Potter: Azkaban
Harry Potter: Sorcerer's Stone
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Mario Tennis
Tiger Woods 2005

$12
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6

$15
Baten Kaitos
Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga w/Bongos
Donkey Konga 2 w/Bongos
Geist

:gba: GBA

$2
Castlevania Classic
Metroid Classic

$5
Elf
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Fire Emblem Sacred Stones
Mario Pinball

$7
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

$8
Mario Vs Donkey Kong

$10
Astroboy
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
WarioWare Twisted

$15
-

$18
Super Mario Advance 4

:ds: DS

$5
Feel the Magic
Pac-Pix
Ridge Racer
The Urbz

$7
Pokemon Dash
Meteos

$8
Advance Wars

$10
Metroid Pinball
Pac n Roll
Seaworld: Shamu

$15
Trace Memory

:ps2: PS2

$3
Ace Combat 4
SSX Tricky

$5
Astro Boy
Batman Begins
Destroy All Humans
Gran Turismo 3
ICO
Karoake Revolution 2
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Namco Museum
Prince of Persia 2: Warrior Within
Rachet and Clank
Rainbow Six 3
Sonic Heroes
Soul Calibur 2
Suffering Ties that Bind
Taiko Drum Master
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus
War of the Monsters

$7
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact
Spiderman 2
Tekken Tag Tournament

$10
Alias
Call of Duty 2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Dragon Quest VIII YMMV!!!
Eye Toy Groove
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
LOTR: The 3rd Age
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Samurai Jack
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Sly Cooper
Spartan: Total Warrior
X-Men Legends 2
World Tour Soccer (2005)
Yu Yu Hakusho: DT

$12
Baldur's Gate DA2
Star Ocean: Til the End of Time

$15
Eye Toy Secret Agent
Genji
Samurai Warriors

$20
Midnight Club Racing 3

$30
FFXI w/HD

:psp: PSP

$7
Gretzky (2005)
MVP Baseball
SSX On Tour
THUG 2 Remix

$10
Death Jr
Frantix
Hustle
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Ridge Racer
Untold Legends: BotB

$12
Tiger Woods 06

$15
Ghost in the Shell
LOTR: Tactics
THUG 2: Remix
Wayne Gretzky's Hockey

:xbox: XBOX

$1
Catwoman

$3
007: Agent Under Fire
Amped 2
Midway Arcade Treasures 2
R Racing
Yourself Fitness

$5
Batman Begins
Charlie and the Chocolate
Conker
Crimson Skies
Destroy All Humans
Doom 3
Fable
Fight Night 2004
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Half-Life 2
Medal of Honor: European Assault
NBA Ballers
Pac-Man World 2
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Rainbow Six 3
Rainbow Six: Lockdown
Sonic Collection
Sonic Heroes
The Suffering: Ties That Bind

$6
America's Army
X-Box Live Starter Kit

$7
America's Army
Burnout: Revenge
NHL 2006
Ninja Gaiden: Black
The Warriors

$8
Top Spin

$10
007: From Russia with Love
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Forza Motorsport
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Jade Empire
KOTOR 2 (YMMV)
Mechassault 2
Midway 3
Spartan: Total Warrior
Test Drive: Eve of Destruction
The Urbs
Top Spin
X-Box Live 12 Months & Crimson Skies

***UPDATED THROUGH PAGE 6***

[quote name='borg20001']
I found some games listed in this thread that had not been restickered yet and still had their original UPCs on the back. Since the Electronics area is now cordoned off with glass partitions (so regular shoppers can gawk at those perusing the electronics department), I could not use any of the price scanners in the store to check prices.
[/QUOTE]

I hate that setup, I was told it's for stores that have high theft rates. They really need a price checker in those sections if they are going to keep it seperate like that.

What's with all the PD0 hate? I've been playing multiplayer and it's great.

Also, I got Donkey Konga 2 for $4.9x and the Warriors (Xbox) for $6.9x.

Today picked up Pikmin 2 (x3) for $3.97 apiece, Spiderman 2 (PS2) for $1.97 and the best zinger of all - 2 copies of Half-Life 2 (XB) for $0.97 each! LOL!

[quote name='kell']You may be too late. I looked for it a while ago and didn't see any at Sears (Fiesta and Chandler). Fry's had some a few months back, but those are gone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I have a feeling too. I could have had one at Target on clearance for 40 dollars, but I thought I'd let it sit and it would get cheaper.
Boy, I was wrong.

[quote name='rarebucky']Hit the motherload today:

FF Tactics Advance - $2.97 (since someone asked)
Pikmin 2 - $5.97
Samurai Jack - $3.97
Eyetoy Kinetic - $4.97

Halo Triple Pack rang up at full price :([/quote]

Was Pikmin 2 a Player's Choice copy? The PC copies rang up $5.97 for me while the non-PC copies are $3-something, which makes sense because the PC copies are newer and have a different barcode.

It's amazing to see reports of people picking up cheap games from Sears but my local Sears sucks. The closest one doesn't sell games at all and the next nearest one (40 miles away) doesn't have any cheap games. In fact, most games are at MSRP. Lucky you!

[quote name='eau']It's amazing to see reports of people picking up cheap games from Sears but my local Sears sucks. The closest one doesn't sell games at all and the next nearest one (40 miles away) doesn't have any cheap games. In fact, most games are at MSRP. Lucky you![/quote]

Are you having them taken out of the case and scanned? The Sears stores around here have their games marked at $50...but they ring up at the proper clearance prices. The employees always act like I'm ripping the store off or something when I get $300 worth of games for $9.

[quote name='Rictor']Are you having them taken out of the case and scanned? The Sears stores around here have their games marked at $50...but they ring up at the proper clearance prices. The employees always act like I'm ripping the store off or something when I get $300 worth of games for $9.[/quote]
They don't even have those cheap games mentioned in this thread. All I can find are the newer games at MSRP.

You local Sears probably correctly marked all the clearance games and they were cleaned out over the holiday season. One Sears near me did that and they have 0 clearance games. Another Sears still has stuff marked at full price or not up to date clearance sticker prices and doesn't have much but still has some clearance games left (but nothing that good)

I found a Nintendo Gamecube official 251 block memory card in the clearance bin at the local Sears. It was labelled as $11.97, not $8, and $11.97 is indeed what it rang up for (there wasn't a UPC sticker - the original barcode was scanned. Still it seems a good deal.

Does anyone know how much Metroid Prime Pinball is ringing up for now? One Sears that did not have this game in stock during the summer now has three in stock price marked $34.99.

Didnt see much at my local sears. They did have a final fantasy hard drive. How much do they go for? Couldnt find anyone to check it, since it was behind glass.

You guys are in fact better off than myself. My Sears still rings all these games (at least the Gamecube ones) right at sticker. Usually $19.99 or $14.99. :bomb:

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Didnt see much at my local sears. They did have a final fantasy hard drive. How much do they go for? Couldnt find anyone to check it, since it was behind glass.[/QUOTE]

Last time I saw one many many months ago at Sears, it rang up at $29.99, so it might be that price or lower. Hardly any stores even still have those, so grab it if you want it.

There is a clearanced GBA micro with a sticker priced at $49.99. Are there any previous listed prices for this device?

^I hope that's the universal price drop, last time I checked they price for a silver micro was $70 or more via self-help price check stands.

I have only seen Famicom versions at my Sears. I might pick one up if it goes lower though.

If anyone's Sears still has a LotR: Tactics or Untold Legends: BotB, please pick one up for me! I will either trade for it or pay you for it!

[quote name='Gnuh']There is a clearanced GBA micro with a sticker priced at $49.99. Are there any previous listed prices for this device?[/QUOTE]

I live in Wichita as well and didn't know they even had GBA Micros still. That's a decent price for one.

[quote name='Jedah Doma']I live in Wichita as well and didn't know they even had GBA Micros still. That's a decent price for one.[/quote]
It was kind of surprised that I stumbled on the GBA micro at its price, but I also found a beat up Final Fantasy Tactics for $2.99 in the west sears game bin.

Just found some cheap ass games form SEARS, for the first time...

$8.97 PS2 EyeToy Play 2 with camera (strangely enough, EyeToy Play with Camera ring up as $39.99)
$2.97 PS2 EyeToy Grove game only
$2.97 PS2 EyeToy Operation Spy game only
$4.97 NGC Geist
$5.97 NDS Trace Memory

I also saw the following (had them price checked also) but didnt get them:

following all at $19.99
PSP Metal Gear Acid 2
NGC Super Mario Sunshine
Xbox Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Xbox Prince of Persia: Two Thrones

they had NDS Feel the Magic also, but $9.99 instead of $5 as listed on page 1, are those prices YMMV??

I went to a Sears last weekend in PA (Granite Run Mall, I believe) and saw the following games. All were marked correctly.

Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (GC) - $0.97
Pikmin 2 - $5.97
Mechassault 2 LE - $1.97
Forza Motorsport - $1.97
Polarium (DS) - $1.97
Metal Gear Ac!d - $3.97
The Con - $3.97

I can't believe anything tagged correctly at $0.97 was still there since I would have thought an employee or a customers seeing a game for that price would buy it regarldess of even if they want it that much.

Not game related but I found a Monster headphone splitter for IPods and other electronics marked down to $2.97 from $9.99

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I can't believe anything tagged correctly at $0.97 was still there since I would have thought an employee or a customers seeing a game for that price would buy it regarldess of even if they want it that much.

Not game related but I found a Monster headphone splitter for IPods and other electronics marked down to $2.97 from $9.99[/QUOTE]

The young employee who saw me buying some of them commented that he had just marked them down the day before, but didn't buy any since he didn't own any of those systems. The older woman who ran the register commented that she would pick up the remaining to sell at a tag sale for $4 or $5 each. So unfortunately, it looks like few will be left at that store.

Heh, the only thing better than buying games for $2 at K-Mart is buying them for $0.97 at Sears :) I picked up a few Half Life 2 at Sears for $0.97. Can't beat that...

EyeToy Kinetic $4.97
Crash Team Racing GH when the employee scanned it no price came up on the screen so he let me have it for $2.99.:)

That's cool, everytime that has happened with an item I try to buy they either say it's the sticker price (which is usually wrong) or say they can't sell it.

Crash Team Racing is an awesome game.

Not related but Untold Legends is $9.99 and off clearance. I also scanned Madden 06, NBA Street and NFL Street for the PSP and all were full price (for some reason I though they were on clearance)

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Westminster, CO

Geist - $.97
Custom Robo - $4.97[/QUOTE]
Hey what's up Westminster! I live in the Montbello area of Denver. Any chance there were any $.97 copies of Geist on the shelf when you left?

Bought

Eye Toy Spy - $2.97
Samurai Warriors PS2 - $2.97
Geist - $4.97
Star Ocean PS2 (non GH) - $6.97

Also had my upc sheet with me and saw that minish cap would be $9.97 if it was in stock. Never seen it at a Sears before but its good to know.

Metroid Prime Pinball x2 $3.97 each

I saw an empty bin with a sign that said all video games $1.97 - $4.97 or $14.97 I cannot remember I thought I missed out but while I was there the manager handed the employee a list she told him to put the $1.97 and up DVDs in the empty bin when I asked the employee about it he said she was talking about the video games he was supposed to pull them. I asked if I could see the list he refused I will be going back to see what he put in there.

^ That's annoying he wouldn't let you see the list, isn't the point of a clearance to get rid of stuff as fast as you can?

^^ Strange Minish Cap is still $9.97 as it was that price over a year ago

Yeah, why hasn't this thread been locked yet? Summer of 06 is screaming for a new thread! It kind of annoys me that threads this old are still active and other threads like the Kmart one (which was more active & updated) get locked. ??

Well, the summer of 06 list still has some games that are available and the price just keeps decreasing on most of them.
I think we just leave it and wait for the summer of 07 thread to be created.

[quote name='shiningslade']Yeah, why hasn't this thread been locked yet? Summer of 06 is screaming for a new thread! It kind of annoys me that threads this old are still active and other threads like the Kmart one (which was more active & updated) get locked. ??[/QUOTE]

That thread was also twice as big as this one.

[quote name='shieryda']Damn. I need to get to Sears tomorrow...

Since it's '07 now, will we get a new thread? Might be nice...[/quote]

Sears hasn't put anything new on clearance in quite some time, so there's little point in starting a new thread IMO. Sears doesn't really operate like Target or TRU, regularly clearancing new titles, they just dropped a ton of them last Summer and this thread has tracked those drops.

Now, you're lucky if you can find anything on clearance at all, many of the previous clearance titles have been re-ticketed as "video game" and priced at either $9.99 or $14.99.

I don't think there's a need for a new thread either since they haven't added any new games to the clearance since the late spring/early summer.

They really should clearance some more games though. There are a ton of games just sitting there at full price that will never sell until they are marked down.

I noticed fire emblem gc and chibi robo gc red stickered at 14.xx, there are easily 5 copies of each but they are behind the glass and nobody to ask for help...anyone know if they are lower then the sticker price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back