SecondSpin.com/Suncoast/FYE/Wherehouse.com Weekly Sales!

Using the 20% off code, 10% off Backstage Pass, and $25 in WOWPoints, I managed to get Arrow S1 on Blu-ray for about $5.

I also see Squid Girl on there for $50. Yeesh.

Got Arrow in, and the top of the case is absolutely destroyed. Yeesh.

Also, noticed in the Used bin that Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning is $14.99 for the Blu-Ray. Good price, especially with discounts.

Nothing particularly special for these sites, but just in case people were interested, updated op.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYE is a good deal in-store. Used DVDs are 40% Off and 40% Off all Used Blu-rays.

I am rather annoyed that SecondSpin sent me their 30% off code yesterday, like, an hour after I put in my order.

Granted, I only missed out on about $2 and getting K-On S2P2 on Blu-ray for $10 is a steal, but it's the principle of the thing.

Went into an FYE store for the first time in a long time. Funny how little they've  in the past 20 years - I think they have more toys now and that's about it.  Anyway, noticed a couple good sales from them. They had a few good sales.

First was buy 2 get 1 for 1¢ on all movies and music. Not sure if you could mix & match or if this was an ongoing promo though.

My favorite was a cardboard floor display of mostly Universal 100th Anniversary blu-rays for $10. I grabbed The Sting (included DVD) and E.T. (included DVD and digital). I don't remember everything I saw but I know there was a lot of Spielberg; Jaws, Temple of Doom, Jurassic Park, and Schindler's List.

Then I found a bin of assorted blu-rays for $10-15 that I grabbed The Muppet Movie (1979) out of for $10. Also saw JP: Lost World, a weird Stallone Collection with First Blood, Cop Land & Lock Up, Drive, a bunch of Harry Potters, and some other stuff. Wish I had paid closer attention.

Anyway, if you've got one nearby still, might be worth popping in to grab a few decently-priced blu-rays.

Just remembered they had Amazing Spider-Man in the bin for $15. I didn't think that was a very good price, but I did notice that the blu-ray case itself had a thicker spine than most. I couldn't see that it had anything special about it other than the DVD & digital copies. Maybe it had a mini-comic or book inside? This edition could possibly be worth that price to someone who has been looking for it though.

Huge sale. 41% off all used videos with a $25 minimum. Use code FOOL2014. Today only.

Managed to get a $450 order for only $270. Nyce.

I'm kicking myself again for not taking a pic or something but I stopped in to see if there were any new $10 titles. Mostly the same as before but I remember some I missed before: the Universal 100th Anniversary editions of To Kill a Mocking Bird, Apollo 13, American Graffiti, and Animal house were all $10. I really wished they had Psycho and Do the Right Thing but I didn't see them.

Also noticed Green Lantern and a bunch of Fast & Furious movies for $10 in a separate bin.

Geez, does anybody in Kentucky pay attention? Got an FYE order in and literally half my order is wrong. VEEP was on DVD instead of Blu-ray and Ben 10 UA Volume 3 ended up being Volume 2. Sheesh.

SecondSpin changed their layout to be more like FYE's. They also added the same listings, so now it displays Out of Stock products as well.

FYI- Picked up GI Joe Retaliation 3D for 9.99 at FYE, it didn't have a price on it so I asked the cashier to check it.

I forgot to post that earlier this week, I found a complete used copy of The Wolverine 3D: Unrated Extended Cut at an FYE for $13.99, $12.59 after 10% Backstage Pass discount. Pretty great deal. :bouncy:

I'm going to own all of Transformers prime (short of the movie), and spectacular spiderman, soon.  Ordered season 1 of TP for $23 from SS, and got the other two seasons from amazon, with spectacular spiderman.

My wife bought some CD's the other day at FYE and they snookered her into signing up for some "FYE VIP" thing that charges you 12 dollars a month after 30 days. We tried registering the card on the website a couple days later so we could cancel it, but it's saying the number "Doesn't match information on file". The only other thing it asks for that's relevant is her name. Anyone ever had experience with one of these cards?

My wife bought some CD's the other day at FYE and they snookered her into signing up for some "FYE VIP" thing that charges you 12 dollars a month after 30 days. We tried registering the card on the website a couple days later so we could cancel it, but it's saying the number "Doesn't match information on file". The only other thing it asks for that's relevant is her name. Anyone ever had experience with one of these cards?
Honestly, if you shop there a lot the Backstage Pass card is worth it. The biggest problem is that it can't be used at SecondSpin. :(

Honestly, if you shop there a lot the Backstage Pass card is worth it. The biggest problem is that it can't be used at SecondSpin. :(
The backstage pass thing is 25 dollars a year, which I've had before. This is the same thing but called "VIP" and is 134 dollars a year/12 a month.

Meant to post this earlier, but FYE and all its affiliates are having a B1G1 for $1 deal on all Used products. In-store only.

bread's done
Back