Sega has Cut Yakuza 3 content, Listings of entire Cuts now available.

[quote name='phantasyx']like I said, I heard the San Fran offices are closing. Lemme see what address is on my first post...

EDIT i doubt they would be forwarded hmm who else to mail?[/QUOTE]

I think only 1 of the san fran offices are closing... Sega of America is still staying open, it's just one of their subsidiaries.

I too got Yakuza 2 online from GameStop for $15. It was going to be $18, but I complained about getting charged shipping for it when I had placed an order prior which Y2 was original in, but it did it stupid "this item is out of stock and was removed from your cart" bullshit, then it came back after I placed the order. GameStop had no problem refunding my shipping. Let's hope it works when it gets here...

The copy of Yakuza 1 I bought in-store from GS didn't work, it played the first cutscene, then black. I wipe it off, plays the first 2 cutscenes, then black. I returned it figuring I'd have to get my money back as it was the only copy, imagine my surprise when they pulled out another copy. I've had no problems with that copy, I'm 10 hours in but I have it on hold until my PS2 component cables get here. (also in the order from GS)

I'm hoping by the time I'm finished with Yakuza 1 and 2 that Yakuza 3 will be on the cheap.

[quote name='defmonkey05']I'm about 87 hours in, 3 substories to go, 4 minigame challenges left... Still a ways to go to get the plat.

Got an email from Sega about the letter I sent. I still highly encourage anyone to write to Sega to let them know how much you care about this game.[/QUOTE]

I neglected to include an e-mail address in my letter to them, so I guess I won't be getting a response. Anything mildly interesting or did they just thank you for purchasing their game?

[quote name='Buuhan1']I too got Yakuza 2 online from GameStop for $15. It was going to be $18, but I complained about getting charged shipping for it when I had placed an order prior which Y2 was original in, but it did it stupid "this item is out of stock and was removed from your cart" bullshit, then it came back after I placed the order. GameStop had no problem refunding my shipping. Let's hope it works when it gets here...

The copy of Yakuza 1 I bought in-store from GS didn't work, it played the first cutscene, then black. I wipe it off, plays the first 2 cutscenes, then black. I returned it figuring I'd have to get my money back as it was the only copy, imagine my surprise when they pulled out another copy. I've had no problems with that copy, I'm 10 hours in but I have it on hold until my PS2 component cables get here. (also in the order from GS)

I'm hoping by the time I'm finished with Yakuza 1 and 2 that Yakuza 3 will be on the cheap.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I just beat Yakuza 1 Saturday night. Totally loved it. Amazing game. I ordered Yakuza 2 from Shitstop.com and it was busted, and the morons at the local B&M store couldn't let me return it. I called to complain and they are supposedly sending me a replacement in the mail this week. Can't wait to play it (after Sakura Taisen 5 of course). Then, hopefully Yakuza 3 will have a pricedrop and I will buy it (probably used, don't want to support Sega's shenanigans when it has already sold fairly well considering).

Oh, so Yakuza 3 is selling well? I suspect it'll sell plenty more than 1 and 2 due to the PS3, while having plenty of jawesome games, still has a small enough library for most people to want to try out most exclusives.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']This thread as relaxed considerably. I came here for the nerd raging, and I am disappointed. Damn it.[/QUOTE]
LMFAO right? I can't think of anything to rage about, feel free to start anything to get this thread poppin again.

[quote name='GuardianE']I neglected to include an e-mail address in my letter to them, so I guess I won't be getting a response. Anything mildly interesting or did they just thank you for purchasing their game?[/QUOTE]

Basically. They said thanks for the letter and buying the game and no they can't release any upcoming news to me, that I would have to check the boards and whatnot to find out. Can't hurt a guy for asking. :lol:

[quote name='Buuhan1']Oh, so Yakuza 3 is selling well? I suspect it'll sell plenty more than 1 and 2 due to the PS3, while having plenty of jawesome games, still has a small enough library for most people to want to try out most exclusives.[/QUOTE]

It seems like it is selling better than 1 and 2, at the very least. So I don't know if that technically means it is "selling well" compared to the market as a whole, but relatively speaking it is.

if they only made 1 print of this game, which I think they did, it could end up being a uber rare item if most of there copies sold out.

So I've been playing Yakuza 3 casually, for those who don't know All hostesses are in smile burger waiting for you to date. Stupid and not even unique. I just realized though after dating a few that all stores and items associated with them are utter trash now. I think that should be considered cut content because they have no use except for fillers. I'm getting kind of tired from everyone in game mentioning Hostesses and clubs but not actually having any.

This is by far the worst translation I have EVER played. I'm not ripping on the game which I love however even if I didn't know about cuts this Shi+ is broken and doesn't make much sense during many times. The mentioning of strip clubs from the Sega Reps. is a slap in the face. BORING Like I want to watch pixelated girls dance. no sense in using all the Handbags jewelry and other items to enhance my performance and don't get me started with the hearts... I'm returning my copy this is a broken game that doesn't make sense or deserve the Ratings its gotten so far. In my opinion this is a 25-33% cut game, because the Useless chatter of nothingness and the useless items and shops associated with them.
progress.gif

[quote name='mykevermin']You're the worst goddamned poster in the history of CAG.

Are you for real?[/QUOTE]

I think this is the first time I've ever agreed with you. And phantasyx, how in the hell is this broken? I started it last week and have around 10 hours played so far and the game is far from broken.

Yeah, so I didn't get what the heck the purses and stuff were for. Didn't seem to be any opportunity to give them to anyone. I know you could take the girls out on dates to go shopping, but it doesn't give you the option to give the stuff you already have to them (guessing it was in the cut hostess club that you could give stuff to the girls?).

Anyway phantasyx, I think you just got yourself all worked up about the cut content and it ruined the game for you...

I should have changed it from how I put it in the Yakuza 3 forums before I put it on here... However at least there is drama (for Prinny Otaku and everyone else that wanted it).

BTW WTF? you guys were quick, no need to hover over (subscribe) this forum. I'm sure there are other things worth your time to Troll.

[quote name='phantasyx']I should have changed it from how I put it in the Yakuza 3 forums before I put it on here... However at least there is drama (for Prinny Otaku and everyone else that wanted it).

BTW WTF? you guys were quick, no need to hover over (subscribe) this forum. I'm sure there are other things worth your time to Troll.[/QUOTE]

You think people come to this thread to "troll" you? Someone sure thinks highly of himself...

[quote name='phantasyx']I should have changed it from how I put it in the Yakuza 3 forums before I put it on here... However at least there is drama (for Prinny Otaku and everyone else that wanted it).

BTW WTF? you guys were quick, no need to hover over (subscribe) this forum. I'm sure there are other things worth your time to Troll.[/QUOTE]

Nobody here is hovering, this thread has sadly become the official Yakuza 3 thread especially since you bump 3x a day. I think it's bigger than the actual Yakuza 3 thread at this point. Either, the game is fine, yea they cut some filler stuff, go play it for the main story, there is still hours upon hours upon hours of sidequests to do. I finished it in about 20 hours and was only about 15-20% completion. It's a fun game, stop worrying about some hostess club and dating Japanese models and enjoy the ride.

[quote name='phantasyx']I just finished it at 27 hours on hard with 40% completion, idk who seriously thought this was a 100 hour game.[/QUOTE]

For starters, I'd say people that complete more than 40% of it.

[quote name='007']For starters, I'd say people that complete more than 40% of it.[/QUOTE]
For Finishers, I'd say people that are going to get 100% like myself won't need a access of 73 hours to do so. I probably can whip it out in far less then 30.

I missed the side missions in Chapter 3. Can I do them all at the start of Chapter 4? Or will I have to restart the game to catch them?

^ You might be able to do them later. Might be able to do them on the premium adventure (after beating the game).

I'm still holding you to 60 hours, Phanty. Since you said it weeks ago in a post.

But when you mean 100%, do you mean getting the plat. or completing everything? For instance eating everything at every restaurant and preforming every heat action move.

I still think it'll take you longer then 60 to get the plat. Some of the minigame requirements are really tough. Batting Cage Ex-Hard was one of my toughest so far. I think I spent atleast an hour on that minigame alone.

^Platinum only, Everything else is just buzy work, I don't even consider that other stuff gameplay (nobody enjoys trying everything on the menu).

[quote name='phantasyx']^Platinum only, Everything else is just buzy work, I don't even consider that other stuff gameplay (nobody enjoys trying everything on the menu).[/QUOTE]

Now why would you say that? I think there is incentive for everything that gets completed. Revelations, mingames, etc, etc. Because I've completed a few things and always got something from that guy with the clown makeup. Now you probably aren't interested in trying to accomplish everything that there is to do in the game, but I'm sure there is some that do. And since I've gotten special items for completing things, I'm really curious what else I can get as well.

you've got to agree though thats a small majority of people looking to get every single item done, im not talking about revelations or locker keys I mean like replaying the game several times just to get a percentage of something that has no reward.

Got my copy of Yakuza 2 from GameStop today. It's complete and looked fine but... my PS2 can't read it. It says it isn't a PS1 or PS2 disc. Thing is, I dunno if this is the game or my PS2. I dropped my PS2 yesterday, and it was saying that for all games. Well it seems to have fixed itself and now everything which I've tested has worked fine. So I'm hoping it's just Yakuza 2.

What do I do now? I got if off their website, can I take it into a store? Then what? Do I just get my money back, or will they actually order me another copy?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Got my copy of Yakuza 2 from GameStop today. It's complete and looked fine but... my PS2 can't read it. It says it isn't a PS1 or PS2 disc. Thing is, I dunno if this is the game or my PS2. I dropped my PS2 yesterday, and it was saying that for all games. Well it seems to have fixed itself and now everything which I've tested has worked fine. So I'm hoping it's just Yakuza 2.

What do I do now? I got if off their website, can I take it into a store? Then what? Do I just get my money back, or will they actually order me another copy?[/QUOTE]

I dont know how that works, but if you just want to return it, I have a copy you can borrow as part of the Gameshare. Youll have to be extra careful with it, but since Im not playing it right now, I wont miss it per se.

Okay, just spent the whole afternoon toothpasting this damn disc. (first time I've ever done this, I've only ever simply wiped a game off with my shirt prior) The disc looks plenty better, but my PS2 still refuses to read it. GameStop is refunding my money and told me to keep the game and dispose of it myself, but I've tried everything I know to do. I think this copy is just, in the sense, fuck'd.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Okay, just spent the whole afternoon toothpasting this damn disc. (first time I've ever done this, I've only ever simply wiped a game off with my shirt prior) The disc looks plenty better, but my PS2 still refuses to read it. GameStop is refunding my money and told me to keep the game and dispose of it myself, but I've tried everything I know to do. I think this copy is just, in the sense, fuck'd.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible your PS2 has trouble playing dual layered games? I have launch PS2 and the thing is a bitch about playing them sometimes.

Not sure, this disc read shit didn't start till a few days ago when I dropped it. It's reading fine now, except this game, I figured it was a bad copy. Could I have a list of dual-layered games to test? Is Yakuza 1 dual-layered?

EDIT: Found a list. Gonna test Rogue Galaxy, Xenosaga 1, and MGS2.

EDIT2: All three of those play fine. Thank god, so it is just the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
the ps2 laser burns out from playing too many scratched discs but there usually is one the is fucked up, your better off just ebaying or amazoning for the next one after you return it.

The benefit of GameStop is I got it for $15. It goes for about $30 used on eBay and Amazon. I'm just gonna wait for GameStop.com to get more copies in... IF they get more copies in. People snatch them up quick cause they're so cheap and can resell them for double what they paid.

You should turn the scratched copy into a coaster. I did that with some of the ones I got in the last GameDealDaily sale and it adds a nice nerdy charm to my coffee table.

Hahaha, a fine idea. I think I may end up having to take you up on your borrowing offer, but I've yet to beat Yakuza 1 yet, so who knows maybe I'll find a copy by then.

So one of the guys who was subbing the Kenzan episodes now has the equipment to sub the missing content from yakuza 3. He said that he just needs time to do it now so expect it within the next month or so for video on youtube within that same channel

Well Yakuza 2 came back in stock on GS.com, I snagged it aaaand, it seems I took either the last or the only copy cause it instantly went to "not available" after I hit "purchase". Hopefully GS refunds my shipping again and this copy better fucking work or I'm gonna have to be rude to GS. It's not just me who's having this problem with the game.

Yeah, my second copy of Yakuza 2 from Gamestop.com didn't work. It loaded up but after a short while into the game the loading would hang at a certain point no matter how many times I tried. I emailed them and they promptly responded with a UPS prepaid shipping label to send it back and get my moneys. I might just break down and order an overpriced copy from Amazon Marketplace.

Why in all hell is this game being so difficult? How is every copy GameStop receives a dud? IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

But really, I hope my second copy works because... I'm sorry, I will not pay $30-$40 for this. So this may even break me buying Yakuza 3 because, even with a recap, I probably won't be able to fully get into it knowing I missed a chunk.

They slap "Guaranteed to work" on everything, including this, when clearly that's a lie. Maybe they'd buy us some new copies if we bitched enough, haha. Ironically enough, I'm actually considering getting a job at GameStop due to getting laid off from Chili's. (they're getting rid of busboys, yeah, goodluck with that)

I think that the game is so rare that the only copies Gamestop's website receives are defective copies that stores send back. Because Gamestop has no morals they sell it on their website even though they know it is defective. I really don't want to pay like $40 shipped for a used copy (no way am I getting disc only), but my husband says I am being extremely cheap considering our income and savings and the fact that I loved Yakuza 1 and would have paid full price for it even though I only paid $10. I know he is right but I am having trouble pulling the trigger...

Ok, I looked at Half.com and a complete, like new copy was about $10 less shipped than Amazon. Bought it. Once I beat 2 I will finally move on to the game this thread is about. :lol:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Ok, I looked at Half.com and a complete, like new copy was about $10 less shipped than Amazon. Bought it. Once I beat 2 I will finally move on to the game this thread is about. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I must say, Yakuza 2 is pretty damn badass. You'll definitely enjoy it.

My PS3 died as I was playing Yakuza 2, luckily I had a back up of the save on a usb stick.

Time to get that back onto a memory card now that I have a PS3 again.
Gonna play on my old PS2.

bread's done
Back