Sega has Cut Yakuza 3 content, Listings of entire Cuts now available.

Hey everybody! Got my second copy in! WOOT WOOT! I bet you're wondering how well that went, well, look no further than this lengthy email I just sent to GameStop.

No other word can express my experience with your service more than "anger". I've been trying to receive a working copy of Yakuza 2 from your website. The first copy was unable to be read at all and I'm STILL waiting for my refund to hit my bank account. I just received another copy which I got from your website with high hopes. Those were dashed almost instantly when I opened the game and saw the condition of the disc. It has been cracked in numerous places in the center of the disc and a round sticker has been placed to hold it together. How you could even sell something in this condition is mind blowing! I pop it into my PS2 and, surprise surprise, the game doesn't load up. But hey, least this one actually READS unlike the last copy, but that doesn't do me much good if it still won't get to the start menu.

What makes this even more interesting is I've gone to a forum where someone else is also trying to get this very game from your website and has also received two copies which, of course, don't work. Who is supplying you with this game? Are you even aware they're all duds? Do you care? Do you even test them? How can you so proudly proclaim "This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work." on your website when it's a blatant lie? If this isn't false advertising I don't know what is. I'm finding it very difficult to trust your service after this. At first I figured "Hey, what's there to lose? If it doesn't work I can return it." but that's a thought in the past now because, as mentioned, I've still yet to be refunded for my troubles last time, and now I have the joys of going through it again with this copy.

You're told a thing or two about your service when someone ultimately would rather buy a game for $40 elsewhere that you're selling for $14. I guess I've learned my lesson about using your service, and it's a mistake I'll try not to make again. I've been a customer of yours for many years and I've always defended your service when others cited against it, but I guess I've simply been lucky. Please, take this game back and refund my money for both attempts. I'll take my business elsewhere.
Seriously, the only way I'm fuckin' using this service again is if they throw me a free game of my choosing for my troubles. But like that'll happen.

Yes, you're getting screwed, but "guaranteed to work" means that they'll "take care of you" if the copy they send you doesn't work, not that every single copy they have in house works. Of course if they really wanted to take care of you they'd just send you a working copy, but here we are.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Hey everybody! Got my second copy in! WOOT WOOT! I bet you're wondering how well that went, well, look no further than this lengthy email I just sent to GameStop.

Seriously, the only way I'm fuckin' using this service again is if they throw me a free game of my choosing for my troubles. But like that'll happen.[/QUOTE]

Just get your money back and get it used from Amazon. I've bought used stuff before and many sellers will really kiss your ass to make you happy. Plus, you can ask them about the product before you buy. You may pay a bit more, but at least you know that you're going to get a good copy.

I can't speak highly enough about Amazon's used stuff.

That'll be my next option then, jh. GameStop replied and basically said "Give us the order number and we'll replace or refund you." I asked for a replacement, but noted how I doubt it'll work.

[quote name='Buuhan1']That'll be my next option then, jh. GameStop replied and basically said "Give us the order number and we'll replace or refund you." I asked for a replacement, but noted how I doubt it'll work.[/QUOTE]
Stop asking for a replacement from them! NONE OF THEM WORK. Just get your money back and be done with it! Seriously.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I know I should, but I'm such a cheap bastard. ;_;[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way. Time is money. How much time are you wasting on these worthless bastards at Gamestop.com?

[quote name='Buuhan1']I know I should, but I'm such a cheap bastard. ;_;[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the aggravation just makes it too expensive in my mind.

[quote name='phantasyx']I used to scratch up games on concrete I didn't want and return them to gamestop and say they didn't work. Hows that for quality?[/QUOTE]
Jeez, you really are a douchebag.

Really, especially since you can just return a used game if you don't like it anyways within the same timeframe for your money back. No reason to ruin a game just because you hate it.

My third copy of Yakuza 2 came, except this time it wasn't simply delivered to my mailbox by USPS but instead was delivered by UPS and demanded a signature for it. The disc was scratched 3-ways of Sunday, more than the previous two comes that didn't work, so I wasn't holding my breath. When I put it in I of course was getting that horrific disc read sound the first copy I got was making so I figured "Well, that's that."

Notice my surprise when I actually get to the menu this time, so I started a new game and got 10 minutes of the opening cutscenes (which I couldn't skip and due to not beating the first game yet, I more or less left the room) waiting to get to actual gameplay to see if it does fully play.

It does, or at least the first area in the graveyard does just fine. So after long last, I get a working copy. Thankfully the first copy I got was complete with box, art, and manual which they didn't request back because the second and final copy I got were simply in a generic box.

Of course, I press SELECT to end game and get a big spoiler thrown in my face in the form of a chapter note. I guess I could have expected these deaths, tho. Still sucks I know for certain now, Yakuza 1's story was really pulling me in and leaving me guessing, but I guess it won't anymore now.

[quote name='Buuhan1']
Of course, I press SELECT to end game and get a big spoiler thrown in my face in the form of a chapter note. I guess I could have expected these deaths, tho. Still sucks I know for certain now, Yakuza 1's story was really pulling me in and leaving me guessing, but I guess it won't anymore now.[/QUOTE]

yay congrats on finally getting a working Yakuza 2 XD

But I'm curious. What was the spoiler the chapter note gave away?

[quote name='Buuhan1']My third copy of Yakuza 2 came, except this time it wasn't simply delivered to my mailbox by USPS but instead was delivered by UPS and demanded a signature for it. The disc was scratched 3-ways of Sunday, more than the previous two comes that didn't work, so I wasn't holding my breath. When I put it in I of course was getting that horrific disc read sound the first copy I got was making so I figured "Well, that's that."

Notice my surprise when I actually get to the menu this time, so I started a new game and got 10 minutes of the opening cutscenes (which I couldn't skip and due to not beating the first game yet, I more or less left the room) waiting to get to actual gameplay to see if it does fully play.

It does, or at least the first area in the graveyard does just fine. So after long last, I get a working copy. Thankfully the first copy I got was complete with box, art, and manual which they didn't request back because the second and final copy I got were simply in a generic box.

Of course, I press SELECT to end game and get a big spoiler thrown in my face in the form of a chapter note. I guess I could have expected these deaths, tho. Still sucks I know for certain now, Yakuza 1's story was really pulling me in and leaving me guessing, but I guess it won't anymore now.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if I read this correctly, but you're mad you got a spoiler for the previous game while you were playing the sequel?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Not sure if I read this correctly, but you're mad you got a spoiler for the previous game while you were playing the sequel?[/QUOTE]
If he was in the graveyard, the note on the select screen probably mentioned
the shooting.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Not sure if I read this correctly, but you're mad you got a spoiler for the previous game while you were playing the sequel?[/QUOTE]
I had to test the game to see if it worked, the first part of gameplay involves you in a graveyard dealing with certain "deaths". When you press SELECT to quit the game (which I did now that I knew it was a working copy) I was spoiled by the note there. Yakuza 1 didn't have anything in the SELECT menu but the QUIT and CONTINUE options, chapter notes where in the START menu. So yeah, I wasn't expecting that. If I knew, I would have just shut the console off the good ol' fashion way with the game still running.
[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']But I'm curious. What was the spoiler the chapter note gave away?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='pete5883']If he was in the graveyard, the note on the select screen probably mentioned
the shooting.
[/QUOTE]
Nothing about a shooting. It says it's been one year since the death of Fuma, Nishiki, and Yumi. I figured Nishiki would die, wasn't sure what was going on with Yumi, and I would have guessed Fuma would have lived.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Hey everybody! Got my second copy in! WOOT WOOT! I bet you're wondering how well that went, well, look no further than this lengthy email I just sent to GameStop.

Seriously, the only way I'm fuckin' using this service again is if they throw me a free game of my choosing for my troubles. But like that'll happen.[/QUOTE]
It's shit like this that make me absolutely hate Gamestop. I worked for them for 5 years and it would have been a great job, but due to the lack of organization, shady business practices, and just how greedy the company truly is, the job sucked after the merger with EB.

used games that Gamestop sells online are all from the warehouse, but stores stock the warehouse with used product that is traded into the store. Once the games (which are usually tossed without care into a box) are received the warehouse simply put new stickers on the case and if needed replaces the case with a new one. They never check the discs (half the stores don't either) and they don't run the discs through any refurbishing machine.

If I were you, I'd send them that disc back and tell them to refund your money and shove it. It amazes me that a huge corporation like Gamestop can't take the time to look for scratches on a disc before they sell it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']My third copy of Yakuza 2 came, except this time it wasn't simply delivered to my mailbox by USPS but instead was delivered by UPS and demanded a signature for it. The disc was scratched 3-ways of Sunday, more than the previous two comes that didn't work, so I wasn't holding my breath. When I put it in I of course was getting that horrific disc read sound the first copy I got was making so I figured "Well, that's that."

The 2nd copy I got worked fine at that part (after stumbling a couple times trying to load up the game). It then froze every time when I tried to do the first UFO Catcher quest and god knows where else it would have frozen. You're not out of the water yet.

[quote name='Buuhan1']
Nothing about a shooting. It says it's been one year since the death of Fuma, Nishiki, and Yumi. I figured Nishiki would die, wasn't sure what was going on with Yumi, and I would have guessed Fuma would have lived.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, OK, I see. You haven't finished Y1 yet, and you were just putting in Y2 to make sure it worked?

[quote name='Buuhan1']

[/QUOTE]

ahhh okay! that makes sense. I thought you had finished yakuza 1 already. that sucks.
well you know they die but you don't know how so it'll still be sort of a mystery to ya

[quote name='Dead of Knight']The 2nd copy I got worked fine at that part (after stumbling a couple times trying to load up the game). It then froze every time when I tried to do the first UFO Catcher quest and god knows where else it would have frozen. You're not out of the water yet.[/QUOTE]

I'm only 13 hours into Yakuza 1 (chapter 8) so far tho, and I hear the games are fairly long so I imagine I have much more game to play. I can't very well get into playing Yakuza 2 to test it without getting further spoilers.

How far do I need to play into Yakuza 2 to be sure it's a working copy? Furthermore, if it isn't but the start of it is I doubt GameStop will work with me once they test it and get to the beginning, not wasting time to play further. Probably say it's my system and not their game.

So yeah, how far should I play to be sure it works? Haven't beaten 1 yet, so hopefully not far.

[quote name='Buuhan1']How far do I need to play into Yakuza 2 to be sure it's a working copy? Furthermore, if it isn't but the start of it is I doubt GameStop will work with me once they test it and get to the beginning, not wasting time to play further. Probably say it's my system and not their game.

So yeah, how far should I play to be sure it works? Haven't beaten 1 yet, so hopefully not far.[/QUOTE]

Well mine crapped out when trying to do the UFO catcher mission, which is one of the first missions in the game. It also took a couple times to load the game at all. You might be ok if it had no DREs when it was first loading up.

Dedicated the entire afternoon and evening to Yakuza 1 and beat it. The damn second fight with Majima caused me to switch to easy, my own fault for not stocking up on healing items and only being at quarter health when I got to him. Thus the end game was ridiculously easy.

Now let's find out if this copy of 2 is the real deal.

Good news, I just did that UFO Catcher mission you mentioned, DoK. Was able to do it just fine. The game still makes funny sounds in my PS2, but it seems to be playing just fine, and so far (on chapter 3) it plays much better than Yakuza 1 in terms of gameplay.

[quote name='blackjaw']Do I ever get to be a badass or am I stuck playing hide and seek with orphans for 20+ hours?[/QUOTE]

I just started Chapter 5 and things are finally starting to heat up.

[quote name='blackjaw']Do I ever get to be a badass or am I stuck playing hide and seek with orphans for 20+ hours?[/QUOTE]

to answer your question check the roof

[quote name='scuba t']I finally caught a tuna. It took 3 minutes of reeling to catch it. It was possibly harder than most of the bosses.[/QUOTE]

I had a problem at first also until I learned how to do it. The trick is to move the rod in the same direction that the fish is going. All the time, you need to reel in. If the fish makes a quick turn, and your going the opposite way that the fish is going, it puts stress on your line, and it can break. When this happens, stop reeling and try to get in sync with the fish again.

Read my earlier post from earlier this year for more info. It's still a little challenging, but it makes it much much easier.

Yakuza 3 reviewed by real yakuza
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

Also this made me lmao
"Ironically, the sections that Shirokawa seemed to enjoy the most were cut out of the US version: mahjong, the sexual massage parlor, and the hostess clubs. After I explain to him what Sega cut from the US version, he said: アメリカ版を買った奴がかわいそうだ。セガUSAが最低だね.(Translation: I feel sorry for the people who bought the American version. SEGA USA sucks.)"

Still trudging through Yakuza 3 on Premium. Figure if I don't Plat it by X-mas I will just run through it on Very Hard and be done with it.

[quote name='oni_saru_sensei']Yakuza 3 reviewed by real yakuza
http://www.boingboing.net/2010/08/10/yakuza-3-review.html

Also this made me lmao
"Ironically, the sections that Shirokawa seemed to enjoy the most were cut out of the US version: mahjong, the sexual massage parlor, and the hostess clubs. After I explain to him what Sega cut from the US version, he said: アメリカ版を買った奴がかわいそうだ。セガUSAが最低だね.(Translation: I feel sorry for the people who bought the American version. SEGA USA sucks.)"[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that also. What a great article.

I wonder if the experience of playing with no understanding is worse than playing with gutted content?

Looks like the best solution here is to learn Japanese.

The Japanese quiz is being removed from 4, AS IT SHOULD BE.

Commence weeaboo bawwwing in 3... 2... 1...

Well, I read that interview today on Joystiq, and I'm really excited about Yakuza 4. The producer was saying that they made the city much more detailed and rich. You can go up on the roof tops and stuff, and underground parking garages. Y4 should be pretty freaking awesome.

bread's done
Back