Select Final Fantasy Games for $9.99 at Best Buy (DEAD)

[quote name='htz']I'm surprised so many CAGs that want FF13 did not get it when gamestop had it for $10 last month including the 360 version.:roll:[/QUOTE]People probably didn't want a gut copy, didn't have a store with sealed copies they could price-match it at, and/or had credit or gift cards at Best Buy. Those are all legitimate excuses for passing on it at Gamestop.

[quote name='BlueSwim']People probably didn't want a gut copy, didn't have a store with sealed copies they could price-match it at, and/or had credit or gift cards at Best Buy. Those are all legitimate excuses for passing on it at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]
It was still possible to price match gamestop during that sale @ best buy. I did it myself to get a sealed copy.

[quote name='BlueSwim']People probably didn't want a gut copy, didn't have a store with sealed copies they could price-match it at, and/or had credit or gift cards at Best Buy. Those are all legitimate excuses for passing on it at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. I would never buy one of their "new" copies. I didn't buy a Blood Stone from them for that exact reason. Check out this video, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEfmC6HRF4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

you know i always call my gamestop in advance to ask if they have any sealed copies in stock. i just picked up FF13 sealed for 9.99 last week. they are cool about this.

[quote name='Blabadon']If anyone wants to buy a PSP btw, I have a 1001 with some "special" features. PM me.[/QUOTE]

You must be some kind of genius to figure out how to get that working! I don't know of ANYONE who managed to hack their PSP. Amazing!

ps. You may want to rethink being a member of this forum. We tend to actually buy things here... you know, morals, being raised correctly, etc. etc.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Hoarders kill all of the deals...I hope more people are able to get the FF game(s) they want.[/QUOTE]

I hope they have a better chance then I did, these aren't worth the flip (5 TIV) so I'm sure they are gonna show up elsewhere for a price :(

[quote name='guardkitty']I hope they have a better chance then I did, these aren't worth the flip (5 TIV) so I'm sure they are gonna show up elsewhere for a price :([/QUOTE]
I don't get why anyone would flip FF13. They only go for about $20 on eBay and that is before they get dumped by the resellers from this sale.

ebay fees is $3.10, $2 shipping (postal service raised rates), about $1 and change from paypal fees, gas/time/tax from original purchase. Your probably breaking even or loosing money at that point.

amazon trade in is $7. best buy trade in is $5. So your loosing money either way.

[quote name='guardkitty']I hope they have a better chance then I did, these aren't worth the flip (5 TIV) so I'm sure they are gonna show up elsewhere for a price :([/QUOTE]

The people who don't watch deals like this thread will buy FF13 for $20+. People just aren't smart shoppers.

Was FF13 available for shipping before or is it only in-store pickup?

[quote name='htz']I don't get why anyone would flip FF13. They only go for about $20 on eBay and that is before they get dumped by the resellers from this sale.

ebay fees is $3.10, $2 shipping (postal service raised rates), about $1 and change from paypal fees, gas/time/tax from original purchase. Your probably breaking even or loosing money at that point.

amazon trade in is $7. best buy trade in is $5. So your loosing money either way.[/QUOTE]]

I meant on the FFIV PSP, who needs 4+ copies, from what it sounded like it was more than 4 copies

EDIt:Ok I'll stop my bitching, I know the old saying , "the fast CAG beats the hoarder" but I was at work and used online order before the store opened, I had no physical way to beat the hoarder. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
oops. Bought FF13, forgot I found a used copy at a local shop for $9 a few months back. Is this a bad sign?

[quote name='bobphone']ps. You may want to rethink being a member of this forum. We tend to actually buy things here... you know, morals, being raised correctly, etc. etc.[/QUOTE]

Nothing says morality like rubbing it in your face.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']It's on PSN now for 29.99. I wanted it to play on vita but I don't know how long it will be before it drops from 29.99 to 19.99 and then from 19.99 to 9.99. I'm thinking a long time.

For what it's worth, there is that UMD passport program for Vita. Sure you have to pay for a game you already have, but if you get the UMD copy for cheap and want a psn version too, the vita price isn't so bad (they will range from $6-20 depending on the game I think)[/QUOTE]

PSN prices generally follow a drop in the MSRP by a few weeks, at least in the case of 3rd Birthday and Tactics Ogre. I noticed that everyone price-dropped FFIV and Dissidia to $20 just recently, so I expect that they will drop on PSN fairly soon.

[quote name='Blackout']Was FF13 available for shipping before or is it only in-store pickup?[/QUOTE]

the one for the ps3 was i got one for shipping when the op first posted this deal.

Is the bird in the afro actually from the game or added in? I would think that would be kind of offensive to some that he lets a bird nest there.

[quote name='PS3_Moose']I had an egift card from Best buy plus $10 in reward certificates so Dissidia and FF IV came out to $5.68 OOP. Not bad! :)[/QUOTE]

You made them both go out of print? Or did you mean OTD, or does OOP mean something else?

[quote name='scottman']Is the bird in the afro actually from the game or added in? I would think that would be kind of offensive to some that he lets a bird nest there.

You made them both go out of print? Or did you mean OTD, or does OOP mean something else?[/QUOTE]

It's actually in his afro.

[quote name='Asamiya']Had a $15 Certificate got duodecim and IV Complete for 5.38. Nice buy and price.[/QUOTE]

Wow, same thing, LOL!

Both stores I went to were sold out or could not locate the PS3 version of XIII, so I said, meh.

Hopefully the online transaction will be smoother!

[quote name='scottman']Is the bird in the afro actually from the game or added in? I would think that would be kind of offensive to some that he lets a bird nest there.

You made them both go out of print? Or did you mean OTD, or does OOP mean something else?[/QUOTE]

OOP can also mean out of pocket. I guess he doesn't use debit/credit or wallets.

To the FFXIII redub....

That was lovely. I always knew my version was lacking something.

Well FFIV is back ordered, but I still placed an order. Seems worth it for $10 plus tax. Hopefully it will get shipped unlike that used Vanquish I ordered :wall:

Picked up a copy of FFIV at the Montclair, CA store. There were 4 left on the shelf. Didn't know it but the game came with a code for Cecil's costume in Dissidia Duodecim and a pack of character cards. Sweet!!!

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Picked up a copy of FFIV at the Montclair, CA store. There were 4 left on the shelf. Didn't know it but the game came with a code for Cecil's costume in Dissidia Duodecim and a pack of character cards. Sweet!!![/QUOTE]

Really? Mine just came with Square Enix Club code.

[quote name='Sizu']Really? Mine just came with Square Enix Club code.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my game case. There's nothing on it that indicates the extras are included. FWIW, it's black label. I don't even know if there's a greatest hits for it (although it did just come out last year). Before I opened the game case, I noticed that it was bulky in the middle which was due to the pack of cards. Along with the extras, manual, and game disc, mine also came with a Square Enix Members Product Reg Card.

I really would have liked to get FF 13 on the 360 since my PS3 is borked, I kinda wanted to run through it again before 1/31 and get some achievement points while I'm at it. Hopefully it pops up as a Deal Of The Day if they're still doing that.

[quote name='Sizu']Really? Mine just came with Square Enix Club code.[/QUOTE]

I think that was a preorder/first run thing, I'm not 100% though.

[quote name='TunaPaella']OMG! right after i opened my FFXIII they put this on sale T_T[/QUOTE]

Buy it and return the sealed one. As long as the UPC is the same there won't be a problem.

[quote name='boogie4114']You can use the certificate on the payment page and still do in-store pickup so why don't you do just that.[/QUOTE]

Ah, didn't know I could do that.

Actually my issue with BB.com is that it never accepts my Reward Zone number.
I've been a member since the program started (when you had to pay for the membership!) but it just gives me an error every time I try to put in my number.

Oh well, every store in my area apparently still has FFIV in stock so I'll just try to pick up a copy tomorrow.

[quote name='Gameboy415']Actually my issue with BB.com is that it never accepts my Reward Zone number.
I've been a member since the program started (when you had to pay for the membership!) but it just gives me an error every time I try to put in my number.[/QUOTE]

That used to happen to me too until I called RZ support. Now, whenever I make any purchases on BB.com, my RZ number is accepted.

The FFXIII Xbox 360 version is still not showing as $9.99 right before I press submit order. I called the Best Buy.com customer service and she said it's not on sale, I checked the weekly add it's not showing on sale.

I already got this game for PS3, I guess my cousin won't be having it for Xbox 360 for his birthday. I tried buying a PS3 version for my other cousin, it says free shipping, then Shipping: Not available and also unavailable in store pickup. Thanks for raising my hopes up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just ordered (it was on backorder though) Duodecim for $5.34 after using one of my certs. Thanks Best Buy!

They must be getting a TON of backorders on these, especially FFIV which was on backorder within a few hours of going live. Will they really get that many more in, or is there an impending greatest hits reprint that they will be sending us, or are they just going to screw us all? I think all choices are equally likely.

edit: now see FFIV is no longer taking backorders and is not available for shipping. Hopefully that means they are taking realistic backorders.

[quote name='scottman']They must be getting a TON of backorders on these, especially FFIV which was on backorder within a few hours of going live. Will they really get that many more in, or is there an impending greatest hits reprint that they will be sending us, or are they just going to screw us all? I think all choices are equally likely.

edit: now see FFIV is no longer taking backorders and is not available for shipping. Hopefully that means they are taking realistic backorders.[/QUOTE]

I'd say they have to fulfil... The deal is advertised this week in the paper ad.

bread's done
Back