Select FYE stores are clearing out their video game stuff

wd4000

CAG Veteran
Apparently some F.Y.E is clearing out all their games. All games and hardware is now being sold at 30% off. And I mean EVERYTHING!

I talked to the employee there and she said that they are clearing out a majority of their stores of their video game stock and only carry video games in a few FYE locations.

The selection was okay, i picked up table tennis at $14, NHL 2007 at $20 and Gunstar Super Heros at $7.

Is there any pattern to the FYE VG closeouts?

The FYE in Walpole, MA did not have the closeout in effect. I will check the one in Providence, RI today.

[quote name='Mook_Dawg']Is there any pattern to the FYE VG closeouts?[/QUOTE]

I think the pattern is that all the stores that are getting rid of games has been doing so for the past month at 30%. I don't think new stores will be added. It should've changed to 50% off yesterday. I just checked my FYE an hour ago and everything is 50% off.

I got a wireless Guitar Hero controller for $30, Singstar Rocks for $25, and Tomb Raider III for $2.50. Prior to the purchase I asked the dude to price check the controller. I told him it just rang up at 50% off. Then he started holding stuff for himself behind the counter. I asked him to hold stuff for me cause I won't get paid until 5 and he fn says "well then you gotta hurry up." Here he is being a hypocrite by holding shit for himself but not for me when I fn made him notice everything was half off. I got my money transfered anyways by a phone call so I was able to buy the stuff. He was such a douchebag the whole time. I called him a fucking dumbshit when I left.

[quote name='darth007']I think the pattern is that all the stores that are getting rid of games has been doing so for the past month at 30%. I don't think new stores will be added. It should've changed to 50% off yesterday. I just checked my FYE an hour ago and everything is 50% off.

I got a wireless Guitar Hero controller for $30, Singstar Rocks for $25, and Tomb Raider III for $2.50. Prior to the purchase I asked the dude to price check the controller. I told him it just rang up at 50% off. Then he started holding stuff for himself behind the counter. I asked him to hold stuff for me cause I won't get paid until 5 and he fn says "well then you gotta hurry up." Here he is being a hypocrite by holding shit for himself but not for me when I fn made him notice everything was half off. I got my money transfered anyways by a phone call so I was able to buy the stuff. He was such a douchebag the whole time. I called him a fucking dumbshit when I left.[/quote]

Not mine still 30% :cry:

However when this first started my store was late on setting it up some I hope it will be 50% soon. Well I take it back there was no signs up I wonder if I should have price checked?

My store is 50% off as well, although all the signage still states 30%. I went in yesterday and was told that they received an email stating everything was now 50% off but they would have to make their own signs.

When I went in today, still no new signs and the employee had no clue they were 50% off.

I guess my point is, (if your store has the clearance) go in and ring something up. the 50% off is automatic at the register.

This store has a poor selection, but I managed cases for my two kids' GBASP, and Lost Planet for $20. A lot of DS games available. The newest 360 games were C&C 3 and Nascar 2008 (both now $30). I also snagged a copy of Mario Party 7 for GC.

This store is located in the Salem Center Mall (for the locals). It is clearancing games because there are 2 Gamestop/EB Games in the same mall.

The Macomb Mall FYE in Michigan is 50% off new non-Wii games ($10 Shadow of the Colossus for me). The only system they have is a PS2, which seems to be about 10% off (it sounded like it was less than that, but I may have misheard), but the older signage implied discounts did not apply to any hardware from the DS onwards even if they'd had any.

Woo Hooo I went back it was all 50% off so I picked up

F1 PS3 29.99
4000 Point MS Card 25.99
12 + 1 Month Live Card 25.99

I was in a hurry but I saw tons of accessories including the 120gb HDD but I passed that up, still overprice in my mind.

This is the FYE near Tangelwood Mall in Roanoke VA

Edit:
Went Back today still had a bunch of games and at least 1 120gb HDD and I think I saw 2 Xbox 360 GH II bundles and a few ps2 wireless guitars.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']Woo Hooo I went back it was all 50% off so I picked up

F1 PS3 29.99
4000 Point MS Card 25.99
12 + 1 Month Live Card 25.99

I was in a hurry but I saw tons of accessories including the 120gb HDD but I passed that up, still overprice in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Nice I guess its the FYE trip for me. There are about 5 of them within 10 minutes of each other. They cant all have run out of good stuff yet...

My local FYE is now 50% off for games and accessories but hardware is still at 10% off.

I was told that all unsold games, accessories and systems will be sent back to corporate on 9/19/07 and resdributed to stores that still carry videogames.

They still had a ton of Madden and NCAA 2008 for all systems.

They also had many accessories for the 360 including controllers, racing wheels, LCD screens and faceplates.

Of course there were no HD Drives or point cards that I was looking for!!!

[quote name='gaggil']My local FYE is now 50% off for games and accessories but hardware is still at 10% off.

I was told that all unsold games, accessories and systems will be sent back to corporate on 9/19/07 and resdributed to stores that still carry videogames.

They still had a ton of Madden and NCAA 2008 for all systems.

They also had many accessories for the 360 including controllers, racing wheels, LCD screens and faceplates.

Of course there were no HD Drives or point cards that I was looking for!!![/quote]

Is the 120 gig only $60 if you can find it?

How About the HDDVD player?

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']Is the 120 gig only $60 if you can find it?

How About the HDDVD player?[/QUOTE]

The 20 gig hard drive is 50% off so I assumed the 120 gig is also 50 % off if you can find it.

The manager also said the HDDVD player would have been 50 % off if there were any in stock.

They did have the wireless wheel which retails for 129.99 at 50% off.

[quote name='gaggil']The 20 gig hard drive is 50% off so I assumed the 120 gig is also 50 % off if you can find it.

The manager also said the HDDVD player would have been 50 % off if there were any in stock.

They did have the wireless wheel which retails for 129.99 at 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Nice I'll have to give it a shot tomorrow

The FYE in the Cortana Mall in Baton Rouge, LA is having this sale.

I stopped in yesterday and picked up a few 360 games and some point cards with the credit I had left.

I'm thinking of going back for 12 month XBL card and We Love Katamari ($15).

My two local FYEs (in Ocoee and Orlando) aren't having this sale. (Called 'em up and asked them... though it required twenty minutes of mental preperation because even calling for pizza gets me feeling REALLY AWKWARD.)

It'd be awesome if someone nearby new of one that was having the sale, though.

The Richmond VA FYE stores (Virginia Center Commons and Chesterfield Towne Center) both are selling their entire non-Wii video game selection and accessories for 50% off. The Regency Mall location does not sell video games. I picked up Guitar Hero II 360 for $45 and BFME II for $15, along with a one year subscription to XBL for $25. The Virginia Center Commons location had quite a few hard drives behind the counter, and a much better game selection than Chesterfield. Chesterfield Towne Center still had some GH2 guitars left when I left around 2pm this afternoon.

Both locations had all kinds of 360 controllers, recharging packs, and faceplates when I left (along with many types of cables and other random 360 accessories). No points though. My brother managed to talk the cashier into a %50 discount on 2000 Wii points too.

I think I need to check the two FYE stores around here and see if they're doing the same thing. Only one of them is nearby to me, so if they're not, this will be a non-issue for me.

Anyone in Texas finding this deal?

(Specifically in San Antonio, if you will ;) )

Was at the location at the Shops at La Cantara around 2 weeks ago and no mention of this sale at all.

don't know if this has been reported yet, too lazy to look, stratford square mall (bloomingdale, il) fye is NOT clearing out their games. i price-checked.

Picked up a 120 GB hard drive for a friend, Halo Xbox Live card for 25.00 and the Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged game for 10 bucks. They also had a SHITLOAD of 360 games behind the counter (including Guitar Hero) I'm not even into Guitar Hero, but should I buy the 360 version for 45? Doesn't seem like I'll ever find a deal on it.

Are you guys clearing out your video game stuff?

"Uh not REALLY..."

That sounds like an odd response. Its five minutes from the gym I'm going to so might as well check it out...

MY FING HUGE HAUL!!!!!!!!

I went to the FYE in Hamden CT and struck gold:

HD-DVD Player for $89.99
Quick Charge Kit for $16
Blitz The League for $10
Pirates of The Caribbean for $21 (got it for my mom- no joke!)

So I got all of that for about $145 (less than the HDDVD player by itself!)

Now i need to order my five free HD Dvds!!!

I can tell PA and NY CAGs of at least 2 locations that I can confirm seeing this clearance on games at.

Store #1: Oakdale Mall-Johnson City, NY- I hit this mall while I was out of town for work and found the Art Of WOW Artbook at one of the GS stores in this mall. In the same trip, I also nabbed both Capcom Classics Collections for PS1(vols.1 AND 2) for $30 total at the FYE.

Store #2: Viewmont Mall-Dickson City, PA- I found a used copy of the Capcom Classics Collection for Xbox(I realized I don't use my PS2 often so I returned the PS2 versions of these collections and found both for XBox)and the clerk told me that they're clearing out their games too.

Oh and btw...guides also count as 'accessories', I believe, so if you have been hesitating on certain guides and just can't find them, half price is better than not getting them @ GS/BB, right?

Another note, to any CAGs in the Johnson City area, the FYE in the Oakdale Mall is the ONLY place I've ever seen a Vice City guide for PS2 LONG AFTER all the other stores had cleared it out already. Sadly though, the map section was ripped out and stuffed back into it and this guide was already MIA by the time I hit the Oakdale to try and grab some games for 30% off.

Without digging through the thread to see if it was asked/answered I can tell you that the Valley View Mall (in Roanoke, VA) FYE doesn't seem to be having this deal. Bummer too, they still have alot of games.

[quote name='Halo05']Without digging through the thread to see if it was asked/answered I can tell you that the Valley View Mall (in Roanoke, VA) FYE doesn't seem to be having this deal. Bummer too, they still have alot of games.[/quote]

But the one near Tanglewood is you should have read my post.

I went to FYE today in Lafayette, IN, and I actually never looked at this thread. They still had several good games available (like Lost Planet (360) for $20 new). I ended up getting a 360 play and charge kit for $10 and Hot Shots Tennis for $15. I saw all the Mega Man Star Force games for $15 also.

[quote name='jmillion']i need to check my FYEs near me. anyone seen these sales in any in NYC?[/quote]

Did you find out if any of the NYCs have it?

My local Sam Goody (at least I think it is still branded as Sam Goody anyways) has the sale going. I checked a week ago or so and didn't see anything that was worth picking up, though I didn't look hard since most of their games are "used" and overpriced.
I'm still pissed about FYE takeover of Sam Goody. My Replay membership was paid up until 2009 and all I got was a crappy trial membership to FYEs "club".

Went to my FYE today and almost all of the 360 games were gone, but I did find Final Fantasy VI and few other good games. I mgiht go back to pick up a wireless controller for my 360 tomorrow.

Independence, MO is now at 50% as well. Didn't pick up anything as I burned through my credit at 30% off copies of Enchanted Arms. Plus the PS3 games they have I dont want to pay even 30 bucks for. They did have quite a few things left for 360 however, including GH2 behind the counter. Hop on it if you are in KC!

Sorry I'm late with my response!

I CLEANED THE YORK PA STORE OUT!!!!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

4000 points
1600 points
Limited Ed. Halo Xbox Live Gold Card
Arcade Unplugged
The Outfit
PGR 3
Lost Planet
Blk Plug and Play Charge kit
Fight Night Round 3

and a Back stage pass for another 10% off everything I purchased!

Is there a CAG award? I think I'm due!!:applause:

The Macon, Georgia location was at 50% off for games and 10% off for accessories.

For $15 each I purchased:

Saint's Row
Dead Rising
NCAA Football '07

They had a decent number of 360 games and accessories, and they had a great selection of PS3 games.

[quote name='lorul2']Sorry I'm late with my response!

I CLEANED THE YORK PA STORE OUT!!!!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

4000 points
1600 points
Limited Ed. Halo Xbox Live Gold Card
Arcade Unplugged
The Outfit
PGR 3
Lost Planet
Blk Plug and Play Charge kit
Fight Night Round 3

and a Back stage pass for another 10% off everything I purchased!

Is there a CAG award? I think I'm due!!:applause:[/QUOTE]

I don't feel you are that deserving

Arcade Unplugged and the Outfit are always really cheap. I bought the outfit new for $10 a LONG time ago.

Thats not to say that you didn't get any good deals... Let's take a look at my list:

2 white play and charge kits - $10 each
GHII- $45 (for an ecstatic friend)
12 Month XBL Vision Cam set- $40
Blitz The League- $10 (what can I say I love the blitz series)
Pirates of the Carribean- $20 (for a friend)
Charging station for controller bateries- $16
HD DVD Player (with king kong) and 5 free HDDVDs by mail in form- $90

TOTAL: $241

I think I win...
;)

Made these steals today:

Phoenix Wright 2: $10
Super Monkey Ball GC: $7 (had sold my copy yrs ago in a fit of trade-in delerium).

Grabbed at Altoona PA FYE. Didn't have Picross though! $10 Picross would have been monstorously cool. Nearly grabbed an ArmorLite DS case for $5, but was afraid of it scratching all up in my luggage.

no deal at either FYE's at fairoaks mall, va . :( (we have two FYE's on two levels, practically go up the escalator and bam there is the FYE... go down that same escalator and bam there is the other one :) )

bread's done
Back