Sept 2010 @Gamer Magazine Coupons ($130 in savings)

Animekatt

CAGiversary!
My store got the new @Gamer magazines in today with some pretty good coupons. All coupons are good from 8/29 - 10/2.

:360: $15 off Splinter Cell Conviction
:360::ps3: $20 off Red Dead Redemption
:ds: $15 off Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Skies
:psp: $20 off Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
:360::ps3: $15 off Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days
:360::ps3: $20 off Final Fantasy XIII
:wii: $15 off Metroid: Other M
:360::ps3: $10 off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

In order to use these, you have to purchase the book @ $5.99, and be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member (free). All coupons should be working correctly now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got back from my local store and can confirm that the coupon works. Picked up SCC for $5 on 360. Coupon scanned correctly, no manager override or anything.

I dont really care about the magazine itself either, but I think I'll make use of these coupons this month.

Woo. Got the magazine randomly in the mail today. I was considering buying it anyways, now I'm definitely going to go get DQIX.

I already went to BB today though. Is the $20 Splinter Cell price good thru tomorrow? I can't pass that up for $5.

I just picked it up for 6 bucks because I plan on using the other coupons down the month as well. I was getting Metroid, so I figure I'll use that one for sure. If DQ9 goes on sale at all, I'll use it. With the cost of the magazine, I kind of view it as getting SCC for about 11 bucks after tax, which is still a great deal.

None of the BB close to me have the mags out and I don't feel like driving further to find out if others have them out. Oh well guess I'll have to trek out tomorrow if I want SC.

My store has tons of mag. The coupon does work although the register said it didn't work until tomorrow. But I have to buy the mag first.

[quote name='Animekatt']My store got the new @Gamer magazines in today with some pretty good coupons. All coupons are good from 8/29 - 10/2.

recieptSC0003-1.jpg

:360: $15 off Splinter Cell Conviction
:360::ps3: $20 off Red Dead Redemption
:ds: $15 off Dragon Quest IX: Sentinals of the Starry Skies
:psp: $20 off Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker
:360::ps3: $15 off Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days
:360::ps3: $20 off Final Fantasy XIII
:wii: $15 off Metroid: Other M
:360::ps3: $10 off Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

recieptSC0002-1.jpg

In order to use these, you have to purchase the book @ $5.99, and be a Reward Zone Gamer's Club member (free). All coupons should be working correctly now.[/QUOTE]

thanks but can we get a scan of the back side of the coupons...thanks!

[quote name='Sanjoelo']Strangely, I received this mag via snail mail today. I'll give it a go this afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Worked like a charm. $4.99 OTD

Magazines were on the counter of the service desk and well hidden. Had to ask an employee where they were hiding them. Splinter Cell Conviction was listed at $39.99 but after asking the same employee to check price it was indeed $19.99.

Was able to check out $5.39 today, so it was worth the hassle, I think =)

I couldn't even find the game it was cleared out but the magazines were right by the game its like it wanted me to buy the game and magazine =/

[quote name='Animekatt']Ok the coupon scanned correctly today. I was able to use it ^^. OP is updated with scans of the mag cover and coupons. Apparently you can start using the coupons a day early. I checked the price tag of Splinter Cell and saw that the $20 sale ends on 8/29/10. So not sure if it will be the same price come Monday.

recieptSC0001.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That reciept is a thing of beauty.
11.34 for SCC is a STEAL.
Although short it is IMHO the best stealth game this gen so far

Got mine today for $5.30 after talking the clerk into it.

Clerk: These coupons aren't active until 9/1.
Me: It works, just scan it please.
Clerk: I tried it earlier today and it didn't work.
Me: Please try scanning it to see, I know it will work.
Clerk: Did you buy one at another store, is that how you know?
Me: No, but a friend did and he told me they are active.

She finally scanned it and what do you know, it worked. She radioed somebody and let them know the coupons were working. Well worth the hassle, good deal.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Got mine today for $5.30 after talking the clerk into it.

Clerk: These coupons aren't active until 9/1.
Me: It works, just scan it please.
Clerk: I tried it earlier today and it didn't work.
Me: Please try scanning it to see, I know it will work.
Clerk: Did you buy one at another store, is that how you know?
Me: No, but a friend did and he told me they are active.

She finally scanned it and what do you know, it worked. She radioed somebody and let them know the coupons were working. Well worth the hassle, good deal.[/QUOTE]

i'm sure she felt really salty after that... :applause:

[quote name='crewj']i'm sure she felt really salty after that... :applause:[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, the workers just need a little push. I wasn't being mean, just persistent. And yes, I don't think she was that happy after it worked, but she'll be alright.

Got kinda lucky today. Found the last copy of SC they had, brought both it and the magazine up to the register and wanted to get both in the same transaction with the coupon. Lady wasn't sure it would work. First time it didn't, but it turned out she had hit total before scanning the coupon (screen said something about "tender mode"?) so I had her back up a step and scan it again. It worked, and she forgot to take the coupon (it was still in the magazine; I hadn't ripped it out) :). Might try a different store tomorrow for another cheap copy.

Did anyone else receive a FREE copy of the @Gamer magazine in the mail today? I was sooo stoked, I had already planned on picking it up to get my $5 SCC. $5 is even nicer than $11! >=)

Probably just gonna trade this sealed BBY copy on Goozex since I bought it day one. If anyone's interested in a trade for it, shoot me a PM.

[quote name='Ki77a KiD TRe']Did anyone else receive a FREE copy of the @Gamer magazine in the mail today?[/QUOTE]
I actually just came back from my mail box with a big smile on my face when I saw the magazine. I actually wanted some of the coupons in this one (SC, DQ, and metroid) so I was pretty stoked as well. I also received my bbv games by mail game today so its been a really good saturday. :bouncy:

[quote name='JediJames2']Got kinda lucky today. Found the last copy of SC they had, brought both it and the magazine up to the register and wanted to get both in the same transaction with the coupon. Lady wasn't sure it would work. First time it didn't, but it turned out she had hit total before scanning the coupon (screen said something about "tender mode"?) so I had her back up a step and scan it again. It worked, and she forgot to take the coupon (it was still in the magazine; I hadn't ripped it out) :). Might try a different store tomorrow for another cheap copy.[/QUOTE]

I tried the same thing but was rejected.

Found the last copy of the magazine and took it up to pay along with the game. Cashier decided to read the coupon before scanning and said it's not valid because game is on sale.

Asked her to scan it anyway. She said sure but nothing will happen. Of course, the price dropped to $5 but she still wouldn't let me buy it because she would get in trouble at the end of her shift:roll:.

I just bought the mag and drove to the BB up the road. This other cashier didn't flinch and I was in & out in five minutes.:bouncy: Glad I bought the mag at the first store since the 2nd store only had last months mag for sale.

Probably had my best trip to Best Buy today. Picked up the magazine and SCC for $11 total with no problem. Luckily, I also found two penny guides that mysteriously appeared since the last time I was in the store.

picked up the magazine and game this afternoon. cashier didn't take the coupon. asshole move on my part if i try for a second copy tomorrow? or asshole move on their part charging $6 for an issue of this mag?

[quote name='dallascowboys']Has anyone tried getting three copies of SC:C with one coupon?[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work. Only takes the discount off one game. You would need 3 coupons on 3 transactions.

For those wondering about the "reviews" this issue, each game got 4.0 or 4.5 out of 5 except for Starcraft 2 (5.0) and Clash of the Titans (2.5). So yes, just a bunch more positive, shiny happy people reviews lol.

[quote name='JediJames2']For those wondering about the "reviews" this issue, each game got 4.0 or 4.5 out of 5 except for Starcraft 2 (5.0) and Clash of the Titans (2.5). So yes, just a bunch more positive, shiny happy people reviews lol.[/QUOTE]
@Gamer is like Playboy: nobody buys it for the articles.

some of you people are complete morons..honestly..your bitching about 6 bucks for a magazine??

Listen to this and judge..

I went to Best Buy today with the intent on purchasing Splinter Cell ..for 20 bucks I considered that an decent deal for a new RECENT game (its been out 4 months) The cashier informed Me if I bought the new @gamer magazine I could save 15 bucks on Splinter cell.. the total before the coupon was $21.06 the total after the coupon PLUS the price of the magazine was $11.24

I got Splinter Cell for the grand total of $5

so yes you can use the coupons when the games on sale..I did.

hows that for stating the obvious?? EH?

[quote name='Bertyo']Would anyone send me their Dragon Quest IX coupon if I paid for shipping? Would that work?[/QUOTE]

I can send you the sku code for one, just write it down and tell the cashier its a sku. PM'ing you now.

Worked for me fine also...

I actually went to a different BB since the one near was out of stock on the game ... it had plenty in stock.

Came home and saw this thread and went back to the closer BB .. picked up the magazine and then returned the game and rebought it again.

Cashier was pretty helpful .. showed me where the magazine was and knew about the coupons, luckily he also worked customer service so he did the return also and said it was a great price on the game.

Thanks again CAG for the tip on the coupon... :applause:

[quote name='Black_Wolf']some of you people are complete morons..honestly..your bitching about 6 bucks for a magazine??

I went to Best Buy today with the intent on purchasing Splinter Cell ..for 20 bucks I considered that an decent deal for a new RECENT game (its been out 4 months) The cashier informed Me if I bought the new @gamer magazine I could save 15 bucks on Splinter cell.. the total before the coupon was $21.06 the total after the coupon PLUS the price of the magazine was $11.24

hows that for stating the obvious?? EH?[/QUOTE]

It's "you're". "You're" bitching.

Wow, did you READ what you just wrote? Did you wake up this afternoon in your Mom's basement and say "Hey, I feel like making a complete tool of myself on an Internet forum today" ?

Several people in this thread reported success. Several of us got the mag for free in the mail. I didn't really see too many people bitching. Members here have been doing game deals for years. You join this month and now you're all like "Oooh, I'm gonna pwn these n00bs, I am like the Uber-intellect, the deal......finder....gaming.....God.....thingy....I'll show them"

Chill the hell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']@Gamer is like Playboy: nobody buys it for the articles.[/QUOTE]

8-[What are you talking about. Those um, @Gamer articles are really imformative8-[

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to cut out some more... um articles.

first store i went to the tag/slot thing said 19 dollar price but were out. 2nd store had like 17 copies but it was marked 39 dollars!!!! mayyyybe ill check back in the morning MAYBE. as in, if im freakin awake still. im pretty sure theyll still have like all 17 copies if i go when they open **since when i went it was like 8something PM. so hopefully itll be 19 but i HIGHLY DOUBT IT

[quote name='doooork']first store i went to the tag/slot thing said 19 dollar price but were out. 2nd store had like 17 copies but it was marked 39 dollars!!!! [/QUOTE]

Dude... the $19 is a national sales price. Some stores just don't have it marked.

does anybody's store open before 10am today? and can anyone on the east coast (because the 3 hour difference) confirm that splinter cell is still 19 bucks?--like when they go in today etc

[quote name='Black_Wolf']some of you people are complete morons..honestly..your bitching about 6 bucks for a magazine??

hows that for stating the obvious?? EH?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can go look at the name of this website. It's got cheap in the name. We want to pay as little as possible. i hate to break this to you, but if you bought that mag for the sole purpose of the coupon, you actually paid 11 dollars for that game. Many people here are used to getting these coupons for free off of the reward zone website. I don't think any of us want to pay for a coupon we previously got for free.

This site is for cheap people. You sir should not be insulting people for wanting to save money on a site dedicated to that purpose. It makes me question your ability to think logically.

[quote name='Black_Wolf']Listen to this and judge..

the total after the coupon PLUS the price of the magazine was $11.24

[/QUOTE]

How does $11.24 = $5???? I judge you an idiot, since you can't do simple math... and because you had to have the checkout person tell you what we had already been saying for days.

I wish the coupons were still free, but this is the way it is for now. I am sure this month that one of the other coupons will come in to play and allow me to flip a game to make up the cost of the magazine.

Once they change the mag to have 1 $20 coupon, no one will buy it, anyway, and they'll go back to the old way of doing things.

[quote name='doooork']does anybody's store open before 10am today? and can anyone on the east coast (because the 3 hour difference) confirm that splinter cell is still 19 bucks?--like when they go in today etc[/QUOTE]

from what i've been told yesterday by a sales rep the sale ends at the end of business today.

Good to know that the coupon seems to work, a friend and I will likely stop by there on the way up to this event we're going to with our girlfriends.

Too bad they'll take the coupon, or we'd just get one copy of the mag :p

[quote name='Skydude']Good to know that the coupon seems to work, a friend and I will likely stop by there on the way up to this event we're going to with our girlfriends.[/QUOTE]
Trying too hard.

bread's done
Back