Shadowrun

[quote name='woodcan']:rofl:

Also, great games last night once we got the random player-free games going with all CAGs. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the game too ;) We ended up with 4 v 4 but it would be great to one day get an 8v8 game going of all CAGs![/quote]

haha, I got the game today for "free" with the trade-in at GS(it's $12.99 used).

so if you guys play tonight let me know.. i tried a couple of the tutorials and yeah man this shit looks hard LOL

[quote name='Ow3n']the learning curve is horrible! not to mention that the people who play online are either really good or team killers. any tips for beginners?[/quote]

Play with CAGs (duh!). :cool:

[quote name='woodcan']
Also, great games last night once we got the random player-free games going with all CAGs. I think I'm starting to get the hang of the game too ;) We ended up with 4 v 4 but it would be great to one day get an 8v8 game going of all CAGs![/quote]

Agreed! :bouncy: Of course, my favorite part was knifing Kreegz in the back several times in a row ... ;) ! Altogether, that was a GREAT match night since we were all learning to use our perks? properly and work together (somewhat!).

And Sean, why don't you just get the game this weekend?

[quote name='Shan82']
Play with CAGs (duh!). :cool:

Agreed! :bouncy: Of course, my favorite part was knifing Kreegz in the back several times in a row ... ;) ! Altogether, that was a GREAT match night since we were all learning to use our perks? properly and work together (somewhat!).

And Sean, why don't you just get the game this weekend?
[/QUOTE]

Waiting for the possible b2g1 at Gamestop.

for anyone just getting shadowrun... Play all 6 tutorials...

some of the ragtag group just got the game and we pretty much wouldn't let them in a match till they did the tutorials.

the learning curve is steep, but if you are in matches with the ragtags you should be able to hold your own. everyone is relatively new to the game. i think im the only one of the group who owned the game prior to 3 weeks ago

ah i just wanted to add... the rag tag group has ADD when it comes to gaming... we spent about 5 hours online last night... and we played 4 different games. we dont only play shadowrun, we play lots of different games, burnout, shadowrun, peggle, castle crashers, left 4 dead, TF2 -- soon as the update, COD 4 and WAW. everynight with the guys is an awesome gaming experience.

Well, Just picked up the game today. I thought, why the hell not?

So looks Like I'll be playing with ya soon Xavin! :D

I also still play TF2, even without the update cause I find it fun as hell still for some reason.

For anyone who missed it, if you play or want to play Shadowrun with some people who play to have fun and not screw around, please add ShadowrunCAG to your friends list!

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Well, Just picked up the game today. I thought, why the hell not?

So looks Like I'll be playing with ya soon Xavin! :D

I also still play TF2, even without the update cause I find it fun as hell still for some reason.[/quote]
Haha yeah I saw you playing it, and I was like, huh, wonder if he read my thread, and yup :p
I got rid of The Orange Box though, not enough people I knew played it, I might pick it back up eventually though.

Well, I'm getting use to it. I really use Ressurrect and the Life Tree alot. I just can't find the gun I'm good at yet. I also use the Troll since he can take some damage.

Count me in. What do i need to do here? A couple of my friends and i have been pretty much playing the game since the first day it was released. I love it! This and L4D are pretty much the only things that go in my :360: anymore.

If anyone wants to play this, then send me a Friend Request. I usually play games on the 360, but got in on PC at the Circuit City closeout.

Tis a fun game that I haven't played in a while actually. Halo Wars, Gears of War 2 and RE5 are taking up most of my time :). Hit me up with a friend request if you're looking for more people to play with.

[quote name='Sparta Omni']Just add ShadowrunCAG to your friends.[/QUOTE]

Just did that.

I'm down for playing on the weekends.

[quote name='farfus']Going through the tutorials atm... :bouncy:[/quote]

Last night I was halfway done with the tutorials when I got a game invite. I do love being a corpse so much.:bomb:

Nice to see there is still some interest in playing this. PLayed for a while when it first came out then found it again when I was cleaning out my closet and a couple of my overflow game boxes. Thought about playing it again and was wondering if there would still be anyone online with a game this old.

Anyone that wants, go ahead and add me, I can help you, or refer you to people who can.

After seeing the love this game is getting by cags I am thinking about getting it soon to see if there is some fun to be had with it, and considering its real real cheap now. It got a pretty decent rating on metacritic.

[quote name='smarkbran']After seeing the love this game is getting by cags I am thinking about getting it soon to see if there is some fun to be had with it, and considering its real real cheap now. It got a pretty decent rating on metacritic.[/quote]

I had my doubts about this game( I mean the Tutorials although helpful, are fucking boring) but once you start playing with a group of people you know the game is a fucking blast.

Once you do the training, it is pretty easy, but still, its a fun and pretty immense game. We have over 10 people in the CAG group, so hopefully itll expand more.

[quote name='dkreegz515']for anyone just getting shadowrun... Play all 6 tutorials...

some of the ragtag group just got the game and we pretty much wouldn't let them in a match till they did the tutorials.

the learning curve is steep, but if you are in matches with the ragtags you should be able to hold your own. everyone is relatively new to the game. i think im the only one of the group who owned the game prior to 3 weeks ago[/quote]

Agreed! :D ... this game has been a blast! :) ... can be tedious with randoms, but fun to kill people you know! ;)

[quote name='Cleaner7']If anyone wants to play this, then send me a Friend Request. I usually play games on the 360, but got in on PC at the Circuit City closeout.[/quote]

There's actually an achievement for playing with a friend cross platform! :D

[quote name='chickenboybryan']Last night I was halfway done with the tutorials when I got a game invite. I do love being a corpse so much.:bomb:[/quote]

You seemed to do pretty well last night! :cool: Full of the killing and such!! ;)

[quote name='cmart05']I had my doubts about this game( I mean the Tutorials although helpful, are fucking boring) but once you start playing with a group of people you know the game is a fucking blast.[/quote]

I don't think you've played with us yet! :eek: ... you guys need to jump in on our games when we're playing! :D

[quote name='woodcan']Burn it :cool:[/quote]

Hmmm ... I never noticed the eyepatch and parrot before Flesh! ;)

Altogether, a great game well worth playing with friends/fellow CAGs! :D

[quote name='Shan82']
I don't think you've played with us yet! :eek: ... you guys need to jump in on our games when we're playing! :D

[/quote]

I have played with you guys but you weren't around. I told them specifically not to invite you into the game or I wouldn't play.

Kidding! :p

[quote name='cmart05']I have played with you guys but you weren't around. I told them specifically not to invite you into the game or I wouldn't play.

Kidding! :p[/quote]

No he's not, it's true. :booty:

I was so close to buying this the other day. Where's the best place to pick it up? Gamestop has it for $11.69 after Edge card. Is there still a large base of people that play?

the ragtag group is planning on playing this tomorrow night... add me... or flesh, shan... we should be on tomorrow night (wed) around 11pm central...

[quote name='Nealocus123']I was so close to buying this the other day. Where's the best place to pick it up? Gamestop has it for $11.69 after Edge card. Is there still a large base of people that play?[/quote]

Don't you have a Fry's near you there in SD? If so, they may just have it on clearance for $10 like my local one does/did.

flesh, there is a fry's but its in the middle of no where here in San Diego. Nea, for the $1.69 you'd save its easier to pick it up at gamestop.
Lets get a big group! come play with the ragtags tonight!

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I'm getting the ISO now. Hopefully I'll have it all finished by tomorrow. Can I get an invite?[/quote]

Send a FR to the "Shadowrun CAG" tag. I checked people on that tag's friends list but only saw Elmo the Azn online playing something else but I sent him an invite anyway. It ended up only being about 6 of us and we got on Shadowrun about an hour later than originally planned.

[quote name='woodcan']Send a FR to the "Shadowrun CAG" tag. I checked people on that tag's friends list but only saw Elmo the Azn online playing something else but I sent him an invite anyway. It ended up only being about 6 of us and we got on Shadowrun about an hour later than originally planned.[/QUOTE]

Just for future Reference, it's ShadwrunCAG, no space.

Loving the new GFWL interface. Looks snappy.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to the game. I did all the tutorials but I find myself constantly not utilizing all my magic and tech. I usually just run around reviving guys hoping they kill people and I don't have to, I suck. Don't know why, I'm good at most FPS's.

Do they give console players some kind of major handicap due to controllers?

theres certain perks you should use as each race... this is what i normally do...

Troll - mini gun, Tree of life, Gust
Human - teleport, Tree, rifle
Dwarf - mini gun, rez, tree
Elf - rifle, sword, rez, teleport

also, watch the other players after you die... watch how they play... try to be strategic, instead of just running into the bullets...

[quote name='dkreegz515']Elf - rifle, sword, rez, teleport[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's exactly what I've been using, using the reload faster/run faster, glider or Strangle to fill the 3rd gap.

bread's done
Back