Shmup News & Discussion

[quote name='gunm']Damn, this thread needs a bump. Thank goodness Moss is close to releasing Caladrius:

I hope it gets released in the US.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too, since it's region locked at the moment.

On the bright side.

Ketsui: Kizuna Jigoku Tachi Extra [Regular Edition]

Is coming out region free on PS3 this July, put in a preorder for it (even at $70~ ....ouch. Thankfully I had a $5 coupon for play asia too take some of the pain away.

http://www.play-asia.com/Ketsui_Kizuna_Jigoku_Tachi_Extra_Regular_Edition/paOS-13-71-bp-70-6aap.html

I heard good things about it on Shmups.com, also caved and bought Ginga Force as well since I wasn't sure if there was going to be a discount release like their last game.

Oooh, new PS3 SHMUP... wait, 5pb? Aren't those the same people that released a shoddy Cave port on 360 using stolen PS2 code?

Yeah, they struggled with the ports early on. I dunno if they'll improve any for Ketsui, but they've been working on it for quite a while...

But while we were building the bridge we ran into many mistakes and bloopers that benefitted us in a negative wayinsights into the university and its dedicated staff and talented studentsAdding to the wattage generated by the star-studded guest list was Cara Delevingne, who strutted her stuff on the runway alongside friend and fellow supermodel, Jourdan Dunn There were many different creative and fun designs that were made by classmatesAfter building this bridge, I learned a couple things about myself that I need to work on in the future Ate some for lunch and they were quite nice, not mind blowing, but quite good eating
I planted it there as I understood it could be a little too prolific in Qld (a potential weed) and I thought the chickens would start to eatBoard of Overseers has enjoyed a long history of strong and effective leadership typified by the nearly decade-long, highly-engaged and imaginative chairmanship of my predecessor, Emil HerkertThe leaves have a mild pungent flavour, and are used raw, and cooked The chav strives to look expensive while remaining "street," a paradox that results in fake Burberry hats over rock-solid Crocs for chavsHowever, Victoria's outfit was a far cry from the revealing costumes worn on the BBC talent show, swapping her lilac flapper for a black shift dress School of Management, College of Computing Sciences and Albert Dorman Honors College
Current Department of Health exercise guidelines recommend people exercise moderately or harder - which means building up a sweat - for at least 30 minutes a day, five times a weekMy partners and I overcame these mistakes and finally created our bridge that took way longer to build then what we expectedIn my group my partners were Jonny and Soledad (or Chole) and we worked quite well on this project Joining Anna Wintour, British Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman and Net-a-Porter's Natalie Massanet on the front row were singer Lana del Ray, actor Douglas Booth and fashionista, Alexa ChungBecause the leaves are so attractive, they are often used as a base for decorating platters, with foods arranged on top rather than just solely focusing on moderate-to-vigorous physical activity
Joseph Henson, from the university's Diabetes Research Unit, said: "These studies provide preliminary evidence that sedentary behaviour may be a more effective way to target the prevention of Type 2 diabetesWe all know how much pride expectant mother's have for their baby bump, but Zoe Hobbs made sure hers stood out even more with a high-wasted belt and fitted midi-dressHe is a founding director of the NJIT Alumni Association and has endowed the Louis and Marie Carmella Rinaldi Scholarship in honor of his parents And if you are able to builda bridge that meets the requirments then maybe who knows, you might be able to enter it into a contest and might win 1st placeTelegraph that they made householders drop the marmalade pot on the floor during breakfast I have come to appreciate the scope and significance of NJIT engagement in leading-edge research on the frontiers of knowledge
Rinaldi, of Bridgewater Township, an NJIT alumnus, has been elected to succeed Emil CMissing one Holiday shopping season probably won break the Breitling storeinsights into the university and its dedicated staff and talented students An NJIT Overseer since 2000, Rinaldi is a successful entrepreneurial industrialist and private equity investor whose career has focused on the energy, chemical and natural resource industriesAlso I learned that I need more discipline because I was lazy on this project and had my partners do most of the work "It comes from Kent and was an expression of endearment which meant a small boy, or a young lad," he told ABC News

^That looks interesting, but I kind of want Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun on the PSN more.
Not going to happen since MS funded the port jobs for both of those games for XBL, and Treasure is not likely to do that on their own. Guardian Heroes is likely, but doubtful. That's only because Sega published it and had Treasure port it for them so they could put it on XBL.

As far as Mamorukun (they're stretching the truth a bit, GRev helped in development of Ikaruga, but anyway) expect something along the lines of Guwange. I played the demo and it was ok, I'll be picking it up, but I don't see myself playing it a ton, considering I finally got to play Under Defeat finally last night (bought it last year) and am seriously out of practice I'd rather play that instead of the newer game, but that's just me.

Ketsui should ship in a few weeks.

In other news, I got Bullet Soul (really cool game), Ginga Force (lots of stuff to buy, plus I need to practice more), Shooting Love (man these two games aren't nearly as good as Trizeal), and the new Dodonpachi Saidaioujou, which I really really hated, it's bland, ugly looking and not what I think when I play a Dodonpachi game, (a major waste of money for me, big disappointment to me personally)

Also picked up the The Tale of ALLTYNEX (part of my KS pledge) haven't played them yet. And still hoping for a release of Caladrius on something I can play it on, (region locked makes me sad).

Lastly waiting on my UMD version of Darius Burst to get here from JPN, it's in the US now somewhere. Finally took the plunge and paid the money to get a copy (still wasn't cheap) but cheaper than Ebay prices. Taito seriously needs to port Darius Burst Another Chronicle EX to home systems, that game was made for an HD widescreen display, every day we don't get word of it, makes me think we'll never get it, which is a huge shame.

Sigh, seeing this thread so dead makes me sad.

At least RefleX is out on Steam:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/3l4kvbwTZ04[/youtube]

Recently, I've been searching for region free shmups for my 360.  It isn't a cheap lifestyle.  I have yet to find, physical copy, an import shmup for less than $30-$40.

I got awhile back, the UK version of  Do Don Pachi Resurrection.  Haven't had time to play it or look into the other games in the series.

I also heard that Raiden IV is coming to the PS3, not sure about the details like if it is a physical or digital version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raiden IV Overkill will be PSN only, April 29th. 

Might as well link the trailer for funsies:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/NIIKNFaUd1g[/youtube]

I'll probably pick it up myself..

Hmm... Maybe. I can understand digital only considering these games are never really that big. If they were, you wouldn't need to buy anymore!

Now just release Raiden Fighters Aces in North America's PSN.  I still have Raiden IV in my 360 backlog.  Might just get the PS3 version just because it includes the DLC already.

Yeah, I'm double dipping on PSN for Raiden IV for that reason.  I don't want to be tied into my 360 as I'm out of room for consoles, and kind of want to get rid of it, but there's so many JPN shmups on there.  :(

I believe PSN is getting R-TYPE soon. Same as the 360 version. Also Wii U is getting Gaiabreaker. Not sure how it is or when it's releasing but until somebody finally decides to reinvigorate the Cave developed/Bullet Hell stylish shooters again, this is what we have to look forward to. Also, I enjoy using arcade sticks for my shooters and I bought a Hori Mini 3 which works fantastic for these games but won't register with the Raiden IV PSN download. Works for all other downloads from PSN though so I'm a bit confused. 

bread's done
Back