Shopko Clearance Thread PoP: Forgotten Sands DS $1.49 Marvel SHS:IG $1.99 DS

Davestation

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
This thread has been on life support for some time. Seems like the creation of this thread has killed any Shopko Clearance.

I also made it wiki so others can update this front page with their finds if they want.

UPDATE June 6, 2012

They just did a 90% drop for two games. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands DS ($1.49) originally $14.99. The other is Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet for the DS ($1.99) originally $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates:

:ps2:
Death by Degrees 11.24
Neo Contra 9.99
Syphon Filter: Omega Strain 9.99
Jak 3 11.24
Urbz 11.24
GTA: Vice City 14.99
Hot Shots Golf Fore 14.99
RE Outbreak 2 11.24
Robots 11.24
Fight Night Round 3 14.99

:xbox:
Godfather 4.99
Final Fight Streetwise 4.99
NFL Head Coach 4.99
Demon Stone 9.99
Future Tactics 9.99
Street Fighter Anniversary 7.99
Beatdown 7.99
Brute Force 14.99
Fable 7.99

:360:
Burnout Revenge 12.49
Topspin 2 9.99
Viva Pinata 7.99

Grabbed two copies each of Street Fighter Anniversary (XBox) and Guilty Gear Isuka. One copy of Isuka is gone, but the others are looking for a good home.

[quote name='ets']Mario Superstar Baseball: $7.49
2 x Marvel Ultimate Alliance: 5.99 (plan on selling locally for $25)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for giving back to the CAG community. We appreciate it.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Thanks for giving back to the CAG community. We appreciate it.[/quote]

Sorry, if it makes you feel better one is going to my girlfriends nephew as a present.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Thanks for giving back to the CAG community. We appreciate it.[/quote]

Really, guy, no need for the caustic sarcasm. He's entitled to take an opportunity to make a personal profit.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Thanks for giving back to the CAG community. We appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Just because you couldn't get the games, don't be an ass to someone who managed to score some cheapass games.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Really, guy, no need for the caustic sarcasm. He's entitled to take an opportunity to make a personal profit.[/quote]

[quote name='MasterSun1']Just because you couldn't get the games, don't be an ass to someone who managed to score some cheapass games.[/quote]

No, he's perfectly correct in his assessment of the situation. It's generally considered not in good taste to post your multiple game purchases and state that you will be selling them for profit - especially when other CAGs are looking for them. Feel free to make a profit and even post your "haul," but stop at the "I'm going to make a profit."

CAG used to be much better than this.

Is Phantasy Star Universe online only or is there a single player portion i can play? I'd love to get this for $8 but not if it's online only. Any CAGs able to grab an extra copy if Phantasy Star Universe has an offline portion to the game?

[quote name='SynGamer']Is Phantasy Star Universe online only or is there a single player portion i can play? I'd love to get this for $8 but not if it's online only. Any CAGs able to grab an extra copy if Phantasy Star Universe has an offline portion to the game?[/quote]

According to Wikipedia, there is a 40-hour offline part of the game. There's not a reference, so take that as you will, but I imagine that it's correct.

I didn't see any copies at my local ShopKo, but I know Kmart is clearancing it out as well. I'll look for a copy next time I'm out. ;)

[quote name='thelonepig']According to Wikipedia, there is a 40-hour offline part of the game. There's not a reference, so take that as you will, but I imagine that it's correct.

I didn't see any copies at my local ShopKo, but I know Kmart is clearancing it out as well. I'll look for a copy next time I'm out. ;)[/quote]
That would be awesome :D

[quote name='thelonepig']No, he's perfectly correct in his assessment of the situation. It's generally considered not in good taste to post your multiple game purchases and state that you will be selling them for profit - especially when other CAGs are looking for them. Feel free to make a profit and even post your "haul," but stop at the "I'm going to make a profit."

CAG used to be much better than this.[/quote]

I am sorry, looking back it does feel that way with the post. I will try my best not to gloat anymore and bring more attention to my posts with pictures.

However in my eyes it was the same as saying I'm trading into blockbuster or goozex because it had the best trade in value.

if you guys can still find these 360 games, they're all pretty much all 7.99 or less (marked down from 9.99). i picked up 3 on this list - full auto, ridge racer 6, sonic. most games were pretty much picked clean at my shopko when the prices dropped to 9.99 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167134&highlight=shopko)

Bionicle Heroes
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII ($2.99)
Blitz: The League
Bomberman: Act Zero
Chromehounds
College Hoops 2K6
Dead Rising :hot:
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Enchanted Arms
Eragon
Full Auto
The Godfather
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
MotoGP 06
Ninety-Nine Nights
Phantasy Star Universe
Prey
Project Gotham Racing 3
Ridge Racer 6
Rumble Roses XX
Sonic the Hedgehog
Star Trek Legacy
Superman Returns
Table Tennis
Test Drive Unlimited
Tiger Woods PGA Tour '06 ($2.49)
Tomb Raider: Legend
Top Spin 2
Viva Pinata with Bonus DVD Edition :hot:
Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Volume 1

[quote name='ets']I am sorry, looking back it does feel that way with the post. I will try my best not to gloat anymore and bring more attention to my posts with pictures.

However in my eyes it was the same as saying I'm trading into blockbuster or goozex because it had the best trade in value.[/quote]

You bring up a valid point and I didn't mean to say it was just you (or even comment on your situation, for that matter). I was mainly pointing a finger at those that immediately get defensive when someone suggests it's wrong to hoard/flip.

Some of us are a little jumpy because it's getting more and more difficult to get people to share the wealth, so to speak.

As to the post just above this, there is a single copy of Viva Pinata CE at my Shopko sitting at $7.99. If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM and I'll see if it's still there when I'm back in the area.

Nothing at the Shopko in Monroe, WI. It was actually a pretty depressing game selection period. They had maybe 40 titles for each of the current systems. Kind of sad.... I guess it is Monroe, after all. heh.

[quote name='deletion']if you guys can still find these 360 games, they're all pretty much all 7.99 or less (marked down from 9.99). i picked up 3 on this list - full auto, ridge racer 6, sonic. most games were pretty much picked clean at my shopko when the prices dropped to 9.99 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167134&highlight=shopko)

Blitz: The League
Bomberman: Act Zero
Chromehounds
[/quote]

I was at the Belvidere Shopko on Sunday and these three games scanned as $19.99. Very odd.

[quote name='deletion']if you guys can still find these 360 games, they're all pretty much all 7.99 or less (marked down from 9.99). i picked up 3 on this list - full auto, ridge racer 6, sonic. most games were pretty much picked clean at my shopko when the prices dropped to 9.99 (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167134&highlight=shopko)
[/quote]

I did notice that some of the $9.99 games are now $7.99. But there are some CAG's reporting that some have gone up to $19.99. I know I checked a few weeks ago and it came up $19.99 instead of $9.99. I will post that list in the main topic. Thanks deletion.

[quote name='Davestation']I did notice that some of the $9.99 games are now $7.99. But there are some CAG's reporting that some have gone up to $19.99. I know I checked a few weeks ago and it came up $19.99 instead of $9.99. I will post that list in the main topic. Thanks deletion.[/quote]

my apologies if some of the games i listed are turning up 19.99. but please do double check prices when at shopko, they are notorious for not updating the price tags. just hope that the list is a good start on what to look for. good luck on everyone's finds. :)

[quote name='thelonepig']You bring up a valid point and I didn't mean to say it was just you (or even comment on your situation, for that matter). I was mainly pointing a finger at those that immediately get defensive when someone suggests it's wrong to hoard/flip.

Some of us are a little jumpy because it's getting more and more difficult to get people to share the wealth, so to speak.
[/quote]

Regardless of the morality of the deed, his tone was unnecessary, which was my main point.

[quote name='JoeB1233']Regardless of the morality of the deed, his tone was unnecessary, which was my main point.[/quote]

See, the problem with a text-only conversation is that you really don't know what his tone was, just what you implied from the text. No need to jump on the guy about something that may not have been meant in the manner you interpreted.

Oh, honestly.

In a general sense, 'tone' is the attitude of the speaker or writer as revealed in the choice of vocabulary or the intonation of speech.
That's from here, as juvenile as the source may seem.

You're right - understanding the tone of anything involves inferring something. I inferred from this that he was being sarcastic. Remember, he said this in response to the buyer saying he was going to sell an item for profit via some outlet other than CAG. Correct me if this isn't sarcasm.

Moreover, my point is this. As I see it, Purkeynator had a much better choice when approaching this situation: tell ets that "Hey, saying you're going to try to turn this over for profit is kind of frowned upon here. Be careful of what you say in the future." Instead, what ets got was sarcastic CAGer #5438 being rude in a topic that most definitely did not require rudeness.

I'm sorry if this comes off as defensive, but quite honestly, it is. When it comes to people copping attitudes with others for next to no reason, I think a little defensiveness is needed.

[quote name='me to Purkeynator']Really, guy, no need for the caustic sarcasm. He's entitled to take an opportunity to make a personal profit.[/quote]

Purkey, sorry if this was overly harsh - I meant it to be advisory, not aggressive. And I most certainly did not intend to jump on you.

EDIT: To everyone, sorry for derailing the thread. To thelonepig, I can most certainly see your side of the issue (scarcity of bargain-sharing). The last thing I want to do is offend someone over such a trivial issue. I apologize if I've done as such to you. Let me know if I should do anything else to make it right.

No offense taken on my end. I always find it's easier to give people the benefit of the doubt and realize that not everyone will think like I do (no matter how much I wish that were the case sometimes).

In other news, no new clearance at my local Shopko.

shopko just did another round of clearance, but not sure exactly what games were marked down knowing that they usually still keep the original price sticker on most items. here's what i saw:

Quake 4 - 17.99
Crackdown - 19.99
Open Season - 3.59
College Hoops 2k6 - 13.xx

Xbox
Fable - 7.59
Intec Mini Wireless Controller - 7.59 (from 30)

GBA
Tales of phantasia - 7.xx
Boktai 2 - 7.xx

PS2
Syphon Filter - 13.xx

there's probably more, but not a whole lot of stuff was marked.

You guys were right, I was being sarcastic. Call me a bastard all you want but posting that you bought a bunch of clearance games and are selling them for profit is not appreciated here by most people. If you are going to do it, don't gloat about it on a message board.

[quote name='Purkeynator']You guys were right, I was being sarcastic. Call me a bastard all you want but posting that you bought a bunch of clearance games and are selling them for profit is not appreciated here by most people. If you are going to do it, don't gloat about it on a message board.[/quote]

what are you referring to? i'm only posting what i 'saw', i never purchased anything.

[quote name='deletion']what are you referring to? i'm only posting what i 'saw', i never purchased anything.[/QUOTE]

Read back a couple of posts, buddy. And thanks for the update. I'll have to check out ShopKo tomorrow and see if there's anything there.

I can confirm the Metroid Prime Hunters.

Also saw Death by Degrees at $3.74 and some other game at $3.74 for the PS2, my apologies for not remembering which game.

I picked up the last two copies of Metroid Prime Hunters for $3.49 (!!!!!) each at the Grafton, WI Shopko. Apparently, the clearance price has dropped even further.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']I just picked up

:360: Fight Night Round 3 $2.50
:360: Tomb Raider Legend $5.99
:360: Saint's Row $2.79
:ps2: Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $3.00[/quote]

good find. i'll have to try my shopko tomorrow and see if i can find FNR3

If someone could be kind enough to grab me these two Gamecube games I would glady pay cost and shipping along with a little extra for the trouble... PM me

Mario Superstar Baseball......................................$7.4 9
Super Mario Strikers.......................................... ...$7.49

went to some shopko today. They were totally blow. Nothing on the clearance list were there. Asked the employee they didn't even know where their Xbox 360 section at o.o lol. Anyone in utah have extra copy of Dead Rising willing to sell me back for price you bought there?

bread's done
Back