Should I fight this eBay buyer? [UPDATED 1/24]

[quote name='goodnight144']Amazing, my parents have sold on ebay for years and because of things they experienced I won't ship internationally. Apparently ebay has a lot of problems with international bidders claiming they never received items and because the tracking only works till it leaves the US they take their side automatically. I've sent people dlc codes in emails before and it's stories like yours that make me afraid to do it.

I'm rooting for you man, if "FeeBay" doesn't take your side then it is obvious they don't give a crap about their sellers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'm also nervous about a DSi I shipped to Russia. That was over a month ago though, so maybe that buyer isn't trying to scam anyone. After this I'll be going into defensive mode as a seller. Probably means no more international and definitely no codes through messages.

Caught up with this this morning just now, havent seen anything so completely one sided for ages, it just infuriates me that there doesnt seem like anyone in a position to take any action could give less of a f. I hate it when the multi-nationals just blatantly ignores such blatant instances of abuse because they're too big to care.

Looking at a few posts up, it looks like you'll get your money back to me but then so will the seller, and he will be allowed to continue to run his little scam. This is too much of a good thing for him and when he burns a top seller or whatever, he will get shut down, but the lure is there for him to pop right back up with a different username and keep on at it.

My only hope is that he rips off the wrong dude in time, someone imbalanced like Michael Douglas in Falling Down who then makes it his purpose in life to hunt him down and make him wish he had never even heard of eBay.

Keeping an eye on this to see how it all turns out. Good luck man.

Got an update from PayPal. It's a little short of "Thank you for doing all of the work for us in investigating this case. We realize what the buyer is up to and have banned his IP and sent an ex-KGB assassin to his address. If you would like a kill confirmation, please respond to this message. Also, we will be holding a parade in your honor." But oh well. Maybe they're still setting all of that up.

We are writing to let you know that we requested additional information from the buyer about this case.

We'll let you know if we require additional information from you.

Is that it ?

Christ. Well I suppose its better than just siding with the buyer as is their usual stance. You've done a great job so far and other victims to his little fraud might yet avoid him if you manage to turn the tide on him. Keep at it lad, we're ALL routing for you.

[quote name='smartbombUK']Is that it ?

Christ. Well I suppose its better than just siding with the buyer as is their usual stance. You've done a great job so far and other victims to his little fraud might yet avoid him if you manage to turn the tide on him. Keep at it lad, we're ALL routing for you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I appreciate everyone's support and suggestions. Couldn't have gotten this far without it. I really want to see his account closed. I would forfeit a refund for it if I could.

[quote name='btw1217']Thanks! I appreciate everyone's support and suggestions. Couldn't have gotten this far without it. I really want to see his account closed. I would forfeit a refund for it if I could.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible for the douche to re-open another ebay account or does ebay permanently banned the address link to the paypal account.

Douche like him is nothing but a cancer to society.

[quote name='Daring']Is it possible for the douche to re-open another ebay account or does ebay permanently banned the address link to the paypal account.

Douche like him is nothing but a cancer to society.[/QUOTE]

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, as my knowledge of this is outdated, but the account information associated gets loosely red flagged and if the system detects matching information in a future account, it will automatically lock that account as well. That said, it's not 100%, and that's only if they actually ban the first account. That's for PayPal. Not sure about eBay. eBay used to be very easy to reopen if it got locked. Just had to sign an agreement that you wouldn't do it anymore. Then if you continued to, they would lock it and make you sign it again.

Hopefully at some point he'll realize that if he applied this much effort toward job skills, he could just buy his own shit.

Dang OP. Read up on this thread because I was thinking of selling some codes on ebay myself but this is just pure rubbish what the buyer is doing. I hope ebay comes down on your side with this.

when battlefield 3 first came out i was a noob and sold cd key codes on there and sent them the codes through email. I'm glad no one pulled this crap on me.

[quote name='btw1217']Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, as my knowledge of this is outdated, but the account information associated gets loosely red flagged and if the system detects matching information in a future account, it will automatically lock that account as well. That said, it's not 100%, and that's only if they actually ban the first account. That's for PayPal. Not sure about eBay. eBay used to be very easy to reopen if it got locked. Just had to sign an agreement that you wouldn't do it anymore. Then if you continued to, they would lock it and make you sign it again.

Hopefully at some point he'll realize that if he applied this much effort toward job skills, he could just buy his own shit.[/QUOTE]

Lol......

He's probably earning pennies on the hr w/ this scam. But tards like him will probably realize that.

[quote name='btw1217']Called PayPal to speak with a human and explain what the buyer was doing. They couldn't care less. They gave me the "yeahhhh. okay. uh huh. okayyyy. buh byeee" She told me they would flag his account. I could tell she was lying. Hate PayPal.[/QUOTE]

I've been through this a few times with scummy buyers on eBay. I have called PayPal and got some shitty service from someone who could barely speak English let alone comprehend. So I kept calling until I finally reached someone who could help. It's sad to say but these CSR's only do what "they" feel like doing. I just happened to luck up on someone who did help and decided to do what they get paid to do.

I hope everything works out and that bum gets banned. Not only is he a thief but a thieving moron at that. He will eventually get the hammer laid down to him one way or another. Karma.

Case closed. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I got by money back! There's no closure, but something inside me, maybe wishful thinking, says that he didn't get a refund, as the other seller's message mentioned both parties receiving money and mine did not. I simply got

[quote name='PayPal']

Hello ticketusmaximus,

We've closed the claim for this transaction. You don't need to do anything further at this time.

Thanks,

PayPal
[/Quote]

I checked my account and the money was back. The PayPal details just say that the payment reversal was cancelled. If he did lose, I expect to see a shiny, red negative on my feedback soon. I'm going to keep monitoring his account to warn new sellers and to see if it ever gets banned. Thanks again everyone for the support!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='btw1217']Case closed. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I got by money back! There's no closure, but something inside me, maybe wishful thinking, says that he didn't get a refund, as the other seller's message mentioned both parties receiving money and mine did not. I simply got

I checked my account and the money was back. The PayPal details just say that the payment reversal was cancelled. If he did lose, I expect to see a shiny, red negative on my feedback soon. I'm going to keep monitoring his account to warn new sellers and to see if it ever gets banned. Thanks again everyone for the support![/QUOTE]

victory_screech_by_15spearnicholas-d5cjvfu.jpg

But seriously congrats man. :) Maybe it will take some more time but I would like to believe his account will get banned.

[quote name='btw1217']Case closed. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I got by money back! There's no closure, but something inside me, maybe wishful thinking, says that he didn't get a refund, as the other seller's message mentioned both parties receiving money and mine did not. I simply got

I checked my account and the money was back. The PayPal details just say that the payment reversal was cancelled. If he did lose, I expect to see a shiny, red negative on my feedback soon. I'm going to keep monitoring his account to warn new sellers and to see if it ever gets banned. Thanks again everyone for the support![/QUOTE]

Good to hear this worked out in your favor. Wish they would close any auctions that guy has open and ban his ass.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Ha, well at least you didn't totally lose out. Hopefully that piece of shit gets banned and then hit by a truck.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly.

Shame about the negative feedback but they at least have you've been refunded and that can only come down to your excellent case against him through hard work and determination.

I thought Carolina's depth at linebacker was a strength even before the game who's been quiet the last couple of years, A team-by-team look at the most indispensable players (non-quarterbacks) in the division. Maybin,3 so it will be a process that we'll go through. To me, I'm very excited to begin the next chapter of my playing career for the Richard Sherman Grey Shadow Jersey Denver Broncos. they love this Marshawn Lynch Womens Jersey team, I truly get pleasure from my multimedia earth due to its amazing innovations. This TV SET is featuring a 39. Blu-ray and HD-DVD enables a disc the size of a current DVD disc that has greater storage capacity than a standard DVD player that can hold a complete Marshawn Lynch Pink Jersey film at HDTV resolution or even allow the consumer to record two hours of high definition video content.3 yards per carry as opposed to the 5. That's the sixth time since the merger that a running back has accomplished that feat. which leads the league with nine.

[quote name='Mageffoma']I thought Carolina's depth at linebacker was a strength even before the game who's been quiet the last couple of years, A team-by-team look at the most indispensable players (non-quarterbacks) in the division. Maybin,3 so it will be a process that we'll go through. To me, I'm very excited to begin the next chapter of my playing career for the Richard Sherman Grey Shadow Jersey Denver Broncos. they love this Marshawn Lynch Womens Jersey team, I truly get pleasure from my multimedia earth due to its amazing innovations. This TV SET is featuring a 39. Blu-ray and HD-DVD enables a disc the size of a current DVD disc that has greater storage capacity than a standard DVD player that can hold a complete Marshawn Lynch Pink Jersey film at HDTV resolution or even allow the consumer to record two hours of high definition video content.3 yards per carry as opposed to the 5. That's the sixth time since the merger that a running back has accomplished that feat. which leads the league with nine.[/QUOTE]

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

Congrats. Now send him a message and tell him he's a failure.

I've actually been on both sides of the coin. As a buyer I bought a bunch of 160 point codes from a seller on eBay. 6 of them worked and 4 of them didn't. When I contacted the seller about it they mentioned I was the second person to send them a message about it that day. They had really good feedback, over 3000, but all of the auctions were private. It seemed really sketchy so I did a bit of research and I found out digital codes weren't to be sold on eBay, but the person sent me 4 more codes and they all worked. From then on I've only bought the unopened cards.

As a seller I sold 4 N64 controllers on eBay to three different people. All shipped on the same day. Had positive feedback for three of the controllers, and the buyer of the 4th opened a claim against me saying it was never delivered. I submitted the tracking information showing proof of delivery to eBay and they STILL sided with the buyer, refunding his money. Luckily eBay covered the costs of the refund, but I still think it's ridiculous people try to take advantage of others and game the system.

[quote name='lishper']As a seller I sold 4 N64 controllers on eBay to three different people. All shipped on the same day. Had positive feedback for three of the controllers, and the buyer of the 4th opened a claim against me saying it was never delivered. I submitted the tracking information showing proof of delivery to eBay and they STILL sided with the buyer, refunding his money. Luckily eBay covered the costs of the refund, but I still think it's ridiculous people try to take advantage of others and game the system.[/QUOTE]

I've had stuff show delivered that never came. A Rightstuf order in the last year, and a buy.com order 10 years ago. They're not necessarily lying if the tracking says delivered. I've also had one show up days after it said delivered.

Same here. Once, a package was found to have it's contents spilled and couldn't be delivered to the right person. However, tracking showed that it was supposedly delivered. Luckily, it was something worth only a few dollars so no real harm done.

[quote name='elessar123']I've had stuff show delivered that never came. A Rightstuf order in the last year, and a buy.com order 10 years ago. They're not necessarily lying if the tracking says delivered. I've also had one show up days after it said delivered.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yamato']I come here every day to check for updates. This is what I get up for in the morning.[/QUOTE]

just catching up on this thread today and this response made me laugh.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']
disgusted-mother-of-god.png
[/QUOTE]

this too LOL. that pic is epic. i'm going to steal that one day :D

OP I'm glad you got your money back. It's too bad Paypal doesn't say whether the buyer got reimbursed or not. Would be happier knowing if he "lost" out on his money for his efforts. I got a unauthorized chargeback claim on a DLC item i sold a couple of months ago. The buyer was sneaky and didn't go through eBay but went through Paypal instead. I never mailed the card and i lost out on the case of course. It seems to me that it's easier to scam someone with an unauthorized chargeback claim than a SNAD case.

As en eBay seller; I give you get a thumbs up for fighting and getting the win.

But, i wouldn't know if banned is the right world; in this age of the internet, its not that difficult to create another account, use those prepaid credit cards etc. When i was looking for Microsoft points on eBay, i kept seeing the exact same listing pop up; with different "new users" as sellers

But, Glad to see the result ended in your favor.

bread's done
Back