SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

I compared the list between the blogs and they appear to be the same.

You can sing only in Singstar dance, correct? I just want some of those tracks...

Although it's great that another SingStar title is finally releasing, for me, I'm a little disappointed in the tracklist, since I already have a good number of those songs, and some are available as DLC in the UK SingStore... I'll end up getting it anyway to round out my SingStar collection. ;)

[quote name='caedeskhan']Singstar Dance tracklist is here:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/09/16/singstar-dance-track-list-unveiled/

I don't know if the US will be the same, but some pretty good additions are sorta tarnished by repeats.[/QUOTE]

According to a reply to one of the comments, it looks like the game is going to receive more trophies! :D

Check out the track list:

• *N Sync – Bye Bye Bye
  • Black Eyed Peas – Shut Up
  • Blondie – Heart Of Glass
  • Chris Brown – With You
  • Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
  • Diana Ross and The Supremes – Baby Love
  • Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
  • Gossip – Standing In The Way Of Control
  • Gwen Stefani – What You Waiting For?
  • Jamiroquai – Cosmic Girl
  • KC & The Sunshine Band – That’s The Way (I Like It)
  • Kid Cudi vs Crookers – Day ‘N’ Nite
  • Kool And The Gang – Celebration
  • La Roux – Bulletproof
  • Lady Gaga – Poker Face
  • MC Hammer – U Can’t Touch This
  • New Kids On The Block – Hangin Tough
  • Outkast – Hey Ya!
  • Paula Abdul – Straight Up
  • Pitbull – I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
  • Reel 2 Real feat. The Mad Stuntman – I Like To Move It
  • Ricky Martin – Living La Vida Loca
  • Run DMC vs Jason Nevins – It’s Like That
  • Salt N Pepa – Push It
  • Shaggy – Boombastic
  • Sir Mix A Lot – Baby Got Back
  • Soulja Boy – Crank That
  • The Backstreet Boys – Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)
  • The Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
  • The Pussycat Dolls – Don’t Cha
while I shouldn't be surprised at Soulja boy on principle I doubt I'll ever play that. few repeats are lackluster. especially Hey Ya! Dunno how it'll work as dance but as singing I'd give it middle of the road. The few intersting non-repeat tracks are outshined by 0interest songs and repeats
SingStar Dance will be featured as part of a line-up of PlayStation Move titles featured in our “PlayStation HQ” locations and PlayStation Move Mall Tour locations in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Houston, Washington DC, and Chicago.
blood and ashes nothing ever comes to Atlanta until I leave.

At least I can finally get an unglitched version of "What You Waiting For" on Singstar Dance. As expected, Sony customer service was no help at all.

My girlfriend has been asking me for years why no *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys songs were ever on any karaoke games, so I'm sure she'll be thrilled. Me, not so much.

[quote name='GunstarRed']At least I can finally get an unglitched version of "What You Waiting For" on Singstar Dance. As expected, Sony customer service was no help at all.

My girlfriend has been asking me for years why no *NSYNC or Backstreet Boys songs were ever on any karaoke games, so I'm sure she'll be thrilled. Me, not so much.[/QUOTE]

You should be able to redownload that song and it should be fixed. They reported that on the SingStar facebook page about a week ago.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']You should be able to redownload that song and it should be fixed. They reported that on the SingStar facebook page about a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up. Just redownloaded it and it does have the correct lyrics now. I didn't know about that UK Singstar facebook page until you mentioned it as well. Would have saved me some time and hastle dealing with Sony customer service.

Why is Sony even bothering with the US anymore?

Today's update.

Dido - Thank You
Twin Atlantic - Lightspeed

That's it. Two fucking songs. Two. How abysmal.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Why is Sony even bothering with the US anymore?

Today's update.

Dido - Thank You
Twin Atlantic - Lightspeed

That's it. Two fucking songs. Two. How abysmal.[/QUOTE]
As if they're giving us a hint, saying "Thank You" as they send the Singstar franchise into a deep valley in a flaming plane traveling at "Lightspeed".
BUT WAIT.
SINGSTAR DANCE.
...lightspeed couldn't be any faster...
:roll:

UK Update (9/22):
A.R. Rahman feat. The Pussycat Dolls Jai Ho! (You Are My Destiny)
Christina Stürmer Ich Lebe 2005
Christina Stürmer Nie Genug
Dido Thank You
Elefantes Que Y No Lo Sabía
Gin Wigmore Under My Skin
Girls Aloud I Think We're Alone Now
Natasja Op Med Ho'det
Pereza Como lo tienes tú
Rosenstolz Auch Im Regen
Strandgeier Hände Hoch
Texas Lightning No No Never
The Drums Let's Go Surfing
The Jackson 5 The Love You Save
The Living End White Noise
The Pussycat Dolls Hush Hush; Hush Hush
Toreros Muertos Mi agüita amarilla
Twin Atlantic Light Speed
Verba Pokaż Mi
Verba Widziałem Twoje Oczy

Tears For Fears Song Pack
Shout
Pale Shelter
Head Over Heels
Sowing The Seeds Of Love
Woman In Chains

Jackson 5 and Dido for me.

[quote name='evergoo']Tears For Fears Song Pack
Shout
Pale Shelter
Head Over Heels
Sowing The Seeds Of Love
Woman In Chains [/QUOTE]

:drool: :drool: I want it.

[quote name='addone']As if they're giving us a hint, saying "Thank You" as they send the Singstar franchise into a deep valley in a flaming plane traveling at "Lightspeed".
BUT WAIT.
SINGSTAR DANCE.
...lightspeed couldn't be any faster...
:roll:[/QUOTE]

The sad part is that I'm having mixed feelings on SS Dance. On one hand, I'd like to buy it and show support for the franchise in the US, but the other is telling me to forget it after the terrible treatment it gets. The repeat songs on that disc don't help Sony's case, either.

From EU Playstation forums...
http://community.eu.playstation.com...8;jsessionid=B2DE63CDF5536F2ED5BBFB2FDE201AB3

SingStar Guitar Track List:

1. 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite
  2. Bloc Party - Helicopter
  3. Blur - Song 2
  4. Buzzcocks - Ever Fallen In Love With Someone
  5. Colbie Caillat - Bubbly
  6. David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World
  7. Elbow - Grounds For Divorce
  8. Florence and the Machine - Kiss With a Fist
  9. Franz Ferdinand - No You Girls
  10. Jamiroquai - Too Young to Die
  11. Kaiser Chiefs - I predict a riot
  12. Kasabian - Fire
  13. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
  14. Ladyhawk - My Delirium
  15. Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
  16. Paramore - CrushCrushCrush
  17. Pixies - Debaser
  18. Pulp - Disco 2000
  19. Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
  20. Stereophonics - Just Looking
  21. The Stone Roses - Waterfall
  22. The Clash - Rock The Casbah
  23. The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
  24. The Cure - The Lovecats
  25. The Raconteurs - Steady As She Goes
  26. The Veronicas - Untouched
  27. The White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl
  28. Tina Turner - Steamy Windows
  29. U2 - Beautiful Day
  30. Vampire Weekend - A Punk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWlMP_TmRuU&feature=player_embedded#!

Looks like SingStar meets Guitar Hero. :whistle2:k
Tracklist looks... decent. I have no idea whether the tracklist (this tracklist is for the UK) will be different for us in the States, but based on the tracklist for SingStar Dance being the same for both regions, it'll probably be the same thing for SingStar Guitar as well (if the game is going to be releasing here at all).
Laie_41mini.gif

Oct 6 US Update.

English:
  • 30 Seconds To Mars - "A Beautiful Lie"
  • Billy Ocean - "When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going"
  • Chromeo - "Night By Night"
  • The Feeling - "Rosé"
  • George Michael - "Careless Whisper"
  • Living Colour - "Cult Of Personality"
  • Westlife - "Bop Bop Baby"

Take That 2 song pack:
  • Take That - "Back For Good"
  • Take That - "Could It Be Magic"
  • Take That - "Everything Changes "
  • Take That - "Promises"
  • Take That - "Sure"

Spanish:
  • Marcela Morelo - "Corazón salvaje"
UK got The Cure's "Close to Me."

Not a horrible update this week, considering last time they had 2 fucking songs for the US store...

If that bundle included wireless mics, I'd get it. What is a Singstar USB converter? Isn't that the mic component that has been around since the PS2 days?

I think I have 2 or 3 extra sets of mics... what's another one... :/

@mtx
yeah, that's the same old wired mics from forever. :roll:
They must be trying to get rid of old stock or something, having the bundle be the same price.

What sense does it make to price both the Party pack and the standalone game at the same price? There should be a $10 difference there (i.e. the standalone for $29.99).

I also agree that they should release some wireless mics with BT support. At least give consumers that option

I'm just afraid with Singstar Dance that the US will get the same shittastic support that we get with Singstar. There will always be some excuse why the USA doesn't get popular music, yet the EU does. If the EU can get Lady Gaga, and the US can get her in Lips AND Rock Band, why can't the US Singstore? That's why I don't buy the whole licensing excuse from Sony. If other major players can get it, why can't they?

I have Move. I want to support Singstar. I just don't know that I will this time around...

I told TMK that he needs to come in to explain the licensing issues.
I think it had something to do with issues with Universal wanting to charge more per song or some crazy crap like that.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm just afraid with Singstar Dance that the US will get the same shittastic support that we get with Singstar. There will always be some excuse why the USA doesn't get popular music, yet the EU does. If the EU can get Lady Gaga, and the US can get her in Lips AND Rock Band, why can't the US Singstore? That's why I don't buy the whole licensing excuse from Sony. If other major players can get it, why can't they?

I have Move. I want to support Singstar. I just don't know that I will this time around...[/QUOTE]The U.S. will not get the same support as Europe. It's only because Universal Music Group has not agreed to support the SingStore, and neither has Warner Music Group (WMG just has issues over digital music in general, which explains to YouTube videos being pulled, no support for DL music on Rock Band at one point (not sure about now)). UMG U.S. != UMG Europe. UMG Europe was pretty much forced to support the SingStore due to large userbase in Europe. In NA, the SingStar userbase is very small. UMG wants to have variable pricing, being able to charge more for certain songs, etc. If they don't get what they want, they won't allow their music to go digital. Unfortunately, UMG owns most all popular artists such as most rappers, Lady Gaga, etc. If a song is by UMG in NA, but by Sony in Europe, the regions which were UMG didn't get it, but the regions which were Sony ot it.

You can find multiple articles over UMG threatening to pull music from iTunes unless they could get the pricing structure they want:
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/07/umg-itunes-renewal/

SingStar uses the fixed small pricing, which is too small for UMG. The reason Lips get the music over SingStar is that songs are priced higher ($2), and variable pricing is allowed (like Rhinna songs are $2.25 or so).

Regardless, when you remove UMG and WMG, that pretty much eliminates over 60% of the music out there. Getting UMG songs on disc is a bit different because they already get paid ahead of time, and the share artist get to make it onto disc can vary (but the cost is hidden).

Honestly, would there really be a big protest if they made US market pricing variable? It would be no more than the discontent currently out there...

hell if they got some nirvana slipknot pearl jam nine inch nails and other non pop non country music on there i would not care about pricing id buy more than the 10 songs i have

That's pretty damn lame. I still don't get how rock band can only charge 160 for a lady gaga song if their prices are fixed as well...

If those clowns over at umg would only realize that they are hurting consumers with their decisions. Why can't they see that some money is better than no money?

[quote name='caedeskhan']Honestly, would there really be a big protest if they made US market pricing variable? It would be no more than the discontent currently out there...[/QUOTE]They try to stick to fixed/low pricing.

[quote name='wesdw369']hell if they got some nirvana slipknot pearl jam nine inch nails and other non pop non country music on there i would not care about pricing id buy more than the 10 songs i have[/QUOTE]Nirvana is part of UMG.

[quote name='mtxbass1']That's pretty damn lame. I still don't get how rock band can only charge 160 for a lady gaga song if their prices are fixed as well...

If those clowns over at umg would only realize that they are hurting consumers with their decisions. Why can't they see that some money is better than no money?[/QUOTE]Rock Band is a bit different when it comes to licensing music. If games are just licensing just the music itself, there's less obstacles to go through to get it licensed, and its technically cheaper. When you add the music video (which adds to negotiating with the people involved with a song over digital distribution rights), that complicates things quite a bit (and makes it more expensive).

I'll put it this way, EMI (which is mostly European) has a lot of songs on the SingStore because they are the type of company which is just happy to have their music being distributed in many places. UMG KNOWS they are the biggest and has the most popular music (especially in the North America). Because of that, they want control over the digital distribution of their music. If they don't like how the standards are set, they'll threaten to not allow ANY of their popular music to be released digitally.

The only way around it for now is to have a disc release mostly flooded with UMG music (most every SingStar game is that way now). For SingStar Queen, Europe got the music digitally because EMI owned the rights in Europe, but UMG had the rights (well, a sector of them) in NA.

If UMG was willing to stop supporting iTunes (supporting Amazon and other smaller MP3 download places instead), then they would have no issues doing it with SingStar. They just like to bully people around, that's all.

I made post before about the whole UMG situation (them and iTunes):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5382712&postcount=587

This is an article about how WMG and YouTube had issues over music:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10284399-93.html

At one point RB had no WMG music, but I dunno what the situation is now since I stopped following it. WMG group isn't all that huge though (third largest).

I also made this long post a while ago:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5761875&postcount=709

It's been a while since I have been in here. It seems nothing has changed.

The Singstar+Dance mic box looks like they still aren't giving us wireless mics, which a month or so ago I thought the Singstar US rep hinted they were finally coming. I guess not.

I don't plan to support them anymore. They just crap on the US. No reason to waste money on it, especially given that Rock Band with the keyboard is going more towards the direction where they will get a good amount of normal singstar tracks. So I should get my fix there. Harmonix loves and supports their users/fans unlike Singstar, as they don't care enough to put the new updates in posts on the US Playstation blog, let alone keep a Singstar rep for more than a month or so.

man so many uncut youtube videos crashes my PS3 browser.

am I the only one who is annoyed they changed the song timer from a stopwatch to a clock? With my TV it's annnoying enough that I can barely read the numbers but in the middle of a song now I can't glance and see how close I am to the end. It's an oddly unfriendly design choice. There's literally no reason I can think of that the clock is better than the watch.

[quote name='Wolfkin']man so many uncut youtube videos crashes my PS3 browser.

am I the only one who is annoyed they changed the song timer from a stopwatch to a clock? With my TV it's annnoying enough that I can barely read the numbers but in the middle of a song now I can't glance and see how close I am to the end. It's an oddly unfriendly design choice. There's literally no reason I can think of that the clock is better than the watch.[/QUOTE]

You know, I have played Singstar probably 200 times and I've never noticed this stopwatch timer you speak of. Is this a setting in the options menu? I played just the other night and didn't see it. Maybe I'm blind. heh.

ugh. lost my post. hate this browser.

anyway go the ps3 browser. when you're loading a page you see a spinning clock face in the upper right. SingStar had this. It could meaure how far into the song you are.

The 5.00 firmware update removed this. instead when you're singing a song you only have 88:88 counter to show how many min:sec you are into the song which isn't useful for seeing how long you have left.

Looks like a new patch just came out awhile ago...

Here, per verbatim, TheGamersHub reports that there's a new “My Singstore” page on the Singstore where you can access purchase history and upgrade your songs.
Also, the ‘Play Singstar’ menu has been reorganised and gameplay modes renamed, and finally there's a player setup screen and score screens have been updated.

http://thegamershub.net/2010/10/singstar-updated-with-version-5-0/

I thought that was part of some other update. It was like that for me when I played it over the weekend. They changed the scoring system a little bit. Renamed some of them such as tone deaf is now sing starter.

[quote name='Thongsy']I thought that was part of some other update. It was like that for me when I played it over the weekend. They changed the scoring system a little bit. Renamed some of them such as tone deaf is now sing starter.[/QUOTE]

Is the hip hop sections any better on registering?

yeah that was all part of the 5.00 update a while back. based on my Tone Loc attempts rap songs still blow chunks. After playing DefJam Rapstar it's really hard to go back to even look at rap songs on SingStar.

Maybe I'll try again and put it up for my Thursday trophy hunting upload.

Don't know how long it's been in, but you can hit circle at any time to toggle the video feed and the camera feed.

Still no Move support, not even for navigating menus.
Calibration options now allowed for video calibration and manually turning on or off the gray guide that is just ahead of where your pitch appears.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Don't know how long it's been in, but you can hit circle at any time to toggle the video feed and the camera feed.
.[/QUOTE]
Thats awesome, now we can have the best of either world at the touch of a button!!!

[quote name='addone']Thats awesome, now we can have the best of either world at the touch of a button!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah! Either the blurry original video, or the blurry camera video. I can't wait! ;)

[quote name='addone']Thats awesome, now we can have the best of either world at the touch of a button!!![/QUOTE]

I know it wasn't in before E3, because they told me that feature was going in later.

Of course, there was no wireless mic date. But I just manned up and imported them.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Don't know how long it's been in, but you can hit circle at any time to toggle the video feed and the camera feed.[/QUOTE]
totally found that by accident as well

hey what happened to voice control? I still see the 'extra' in my list but I can't figure out how to use voice navigation.

and is there a post about doing a UK account. I think I'm going to man up and create a UK account but I need to know how it works and what all. :extreme lazy:

bread's done
Back