SingStar PS3 - General Discussion & Info - SingStar Dance now available ...

So like, SingStar Dance is imminent and no new blog postings or media lately? No updates? It'd be nice to at least know which songs are geting dance updates etc ...

so yet again new firmware it says it's prepping for Dance and Guitar? or something like that but far as I'm concerned the big innovation is the return of voice control. thanks very much Studio London?

So let me get this straight.

It's released today, but somehow amazon (prime) hasn't shipped my copy out yet.

There's no official blog post saying 'looky here SS Dance has released'.

A quick check of the singstore reveals not only no dance dlc, but no new songs period.

Sad thing is I've heard generally positive things from peeps who've already got their hands on it. :(

[quote name='StrandedBrit']So let me get this straight.

It's released today, but somehow amazon (prime) hasn't shipped my copy out yet.

There's no official blog post saying 'looky here SS Dance has released'.

A quick check of the singstore reveals not only no dance dlc, but no new songs period.

Sad thing is I've heard generally positive things from peeps who've already got their hands on it. :([/QUOTE]

Par for the course I'm afraid. After the uk getting yet another great update last week, and the us getting FOUR songs, I have little hope for ss dance...

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'm pretty sure it has to come out at some point, since they added guitar specific trophies after the latest patch was released.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I don't have much faith in the Singstar team. They could have passed on the US market because of the stiffer competition here from Guitar Hero and Rock Band....obviously the EU has a much bigger Singstar fanbase.

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to delay the release past this holiday season, unless they had unforseen issues. After all, music game genre is arguably past its peak.

Still, did the US store ever get the Guitar addons?

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Crazy. Amazon has SingStar Dance as 'Usually ships in 5 to 7 weeks'. Should I have have just bought in store?![/QUOTE]

Doesn't that usually mean orders have greatly exceeded their expectations/stock? :)

Hi Guys, I've just bought some Wireless SingStar Microphones and Disney Sing It: Family Hits for my little sister for Christmas. However, I've never bought a SingStar game before. Seeing that I've recently purchased two Move controllers I was thinking that SingStar Dance could be my first entry in to the franchise. But, who here has played it? I have read mixed reviews about the game! E.g the dancing isn't very accurate etc. If you have played it could you let me know if it is decent or not please! Thanks.

[quote name='Crinkled']Hi Guys, I've just bought some Wireless SingStar Microphones and Disney Sing It: Family Hits for my little sister for Christmas. However, I've never bought a SingStar game before. Seeing that I've recently purchased two Move controllers I was thinking that SingStar Dance could be my first entry in to the franchise. But, who here has played it? I have read mixed reviews about the game! E.g the dancing isn't very accurate etc. If you have played it could you let me know if it is decent or not please! Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Here's a post from the Red Faction Thread with impressions: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7808508&postcount=5038

Thanks for pointing to that post, bornrunnin! And thank you, mkernan, for creating it! I read your whole impression, and pretty sure I'll pick it up at some point. Cheers!

EDIT: Just ordered the game for £12.99, after using £5 of my GAME reward points :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I canceled my Amazon order and picked up locally.

Game is pretty much as advertised. Only complaints so far are that i need more room. Both my wife and i are pretty tall and it seemed we were using most of the living room. Also, the lack of any 'dance' songs in the store is inexcusable.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']So I canceled my Amazon order and picked up locally.

Game is pretty much as advertised. Only complaints so far are that i need more room. Both my wife and i are pretty tall and it seemed we were using most of the living room. Also, the lack of any 'dance' songs in the store is inexcusable.[/QUOTE]

So is it all modern pop crap, or what? I'm guessing you won't see many US updates for dance tracks honestly.

Is anyone else finding it sad that both Sony and Microsoft are shitting all over us with a lack of DLC for these games, but Konami and Harmonix are hitting it out of the park week after week with both Def Jam Rapstar and Rock Band?

Def Jam rapstar has had updates week after week since release of some really solid tunes. I know it won't go on forever, but damn. Lips on the other hand is now down to 2 songs per week. Microsoft killed their forum as well during the new site update, so you can't even see what is upcoming for the following month. It just amazes me that all these companies can't support the games properly anymore after release. There are literally THOUSANDS of songs that could be put out and yet, they just sit on them.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So is it all modern pop crap, or what? I'm guessing you won't see many US updates for dance tracks honestly.

Is anyone else finding it sad that both Sony and Microsoft are shitting all over us with a lack of DLC for these games, but Konami and Harmonix are hitting it out of the park week after week with both Def Jam Rapstar and Rock Band?

Def Jam rapstar has had updates week after week since release of some really solid tunes. I know it won't go on forever, but damn. Lips on the other hand is now down to 2 songs per week. Microsoft killed their forum as well during the new site update, so you can't even see what is upcoming for the following month. It just amazes me that all these companies can't support the games properly anymore after release. There are literally THOUSANDS of songs that could be put out and yet, they just sit on them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty sad how Rapstar is showing better support for their game then the support Sony is giving to SingStar here in the US, though for how long Konami will support Rapstar remains to be seen (they're doing a damn good job at it though!).
If the people responsible for SingStar had really put a real effort in trying to get new songs for the game, even if we had to pay a premium for particular songs in the SingStore, I'm pretty sure it would have been a soaring success... With that said, I have low expectations in regards to how well supported SingStar Dance would be. :whistle2:?

Did anyone pick up the Disney Sing It: Family Hits game? I know there were a lot of complaints about Singstar Disney never making it over here. This might be a decent replacement.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Did anyone pick up the Disney Sing It: Family Hits game? I know there were a lot of complaints about Singstar Disney never making it over here. This might be a decent replacement.[/QUOTE]

I'm close to getting Family Hits. I'm near the top of the queue for it on Goozex, so I'm just waiting on getting matched.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I'm close to getting Family Hits. I'm near the top of the queue for it on Goozex, so I'm just waiting on getting matched.[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea, but I can't imagine it being traded that frequently. Unfortunately, the closest Gamestop with a copy is over 20 miles away and it isn't available online.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Maybe, but I don't have much faith in the Singstar team. They could have passed on the US market because of the stiffer competition here from Guitar Hero and Rock Band....obviously the EU has a much bigger Singstar fanbase.

It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense for them to delay the release past this holiday season, unless they had unforseen issues. After all, music game genre is arguably past its peak.

Still, did the US store ever get the Guitar addons?[/QUOTE]

I did some checking and Singstar Guitar isn't coming here. We should get Guitar addons for the store in the next few weeks though.

i'm so sad about SS Disney but yeah I've been eyeing family hits as a replacement. What's the word on Motown? any chance of that coming over?

[quote name='Wolfkin']i'm so sad about SS Disney but yeah I've been eyeing family hits as a replacement. What's the word on Motown? any chance of that coming over?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Motown will ever come out here (still doesn't make any sense, Motown is a US thing!). Game has been out in the U.K. for a year now, and Sony has been mum about it's release here. I think importing is the only option, or eBay if you're lucky... :/

you know what occurs to me. As much as we like to say we want these music games to be a platform supported by DLC that pretty much never happens. Either you get constant iterations like Guitar Hero and Rock Band or you die out like Lips.

The games always start out like DefJam Rapstar but it never lasts. Singstar somehow manages to give us the mix of the worst of both worlds. Iterative discs and low levels of DLC.

====
So I have a question about UK accounts. When I download UK DLC it shows up like any other DLC that's fine. When I'm online can I upload UK tracks now and see UK songs?

[quote name='mtxbass1']Can anyone with ss dance comment if you can just sing only? If so, I'll buy it just for the tracks...[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can. They're effectively all the same game now, just with different tracks on disc. At least, that's the conclusion I've come to after using SS, SS Dance, and Singstar viewer.

I never realized you could use a PSP to manage a playlist during gameplay. Tried it out the other day and its a pretty brilliant idea.

November 17th UK Update
Alexandra Burke Hallelujah
Amy Diamond Stay My Baby
Arsenium Rumadai
Cheryl Cole Parachute
David Bowie Ziggy Stardust
Ellie Goulding Guns & Horses
Le Kid Mercy Mercy
Lemar Dance (With U)
Maroon 5 She Will Be Loved
Miike Snow Silvia
Morrissey Irish Blood, English Heart
Mudhoney Good Enough
N-Dubz Ouch
Samantha Fox Touch Me (I Want Your Body)
The Feeling Fill My Little World
The Script Talk You Down
The Shangri Las Leader Of The Pack

In German
Die Moulinettes Herr Rossi Sucht Das Glück
Killerpilze Ich Kann Auch Ohne Dich
Eisblume Eisblumen

In Finish
Eppu Normaali Baarikärpänen

Dance Add On
Bananarama Venus
Billy Ray Cyrus Achy Breaky Heart
Britney Spears Baby One More Time
Cheryl Cole Fight For This Love
Dead or Alive You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
Europe Final Countdown
Gloria Estefan Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
New Kids On The Block Step By Step
Rednex Cotton Eye Joe
The Weather Girls It's Raining Men
Tiffany I Think We're Alone Now
Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Guitar Add On
Placebo Nancy Boy
Texas Say What You Want

[quote name='SingStar UK VIP Lounge']The dance and guitar gameplay which you’ll be able to grab for free from the Extras section, will be available at the same time as the Store Update on 17th November :)[/quote] They're pushing me to buy new songs! Genius move on their part.

Sadly you can't buy add-ons for the disc songs. But at least you can get guitar/dance without the disc. That's why I love Singstar. 1 single engine.

10 new songs for us this week :whistle2:

Alexandra Burke - Hallelujah
Arsenium - Rumadai
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
Lemar - Dance (With U)
Le Kid - Mercy Mercy
Milke Snow - Silvia
Mudhoney - Good Enough
Samantha Fox - Touch Me (I Want Your Body)
The Script - Talk You Down
The Shangri Las - Leader Of The Pack

None of the new songs are dance or guitar capable, but some of the songs already available have been dance/guitar enabled.

Dance :whistle2:

Banarama - Venus
Britney Spears - Baby One More Time
Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round (Like A Record)
Europe - Final Countdown
Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
Rednex - Cotton Eye Joe
The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Guitar :whistle2:

David Bowie - Jean Genie
The Script - The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Stereophonics - The Bartender And The Thief
The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
Wings - Band On The Run

[quote name='mkernan']I never realized you could use a PSP to manage a playlist during gameplay. Tried it out the other day and its a pretty brilliant idea.[/QUOTE]it's great I'm sure. but I wish there was a way to set up a playlist without one. oh well. if that was the worst of my complaints I wouldn't even bring it up.

The best part of the PSP playlist is changing game modes. So you can pick a song, and then pick HOW to sing it, so you can change from duet to solo easily. It even gives time estimates until when that song will play.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']At work, I sometimes can get games. I got a copy of Singstar Guitar (PAL). Has this game been localized at all?[/QUOTE]

Nope, no release here or ever. But it will work just fine.

[quote name='caedeskhan']Nope, no release here or ever. But it will work just fine.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, cool I guess? I may never open and use it, but I guess it is cool to have a game that will not be released here. I still have a sealed copy of 'Singstar' for PS3. I need to get some mics, haha.

[quote name='M3wThr33']The best part of the PSP playlist is changing game modes. So you can pick a song, and then pick HOW to sing it, so you can change from duet to solo easily. It even gives time estimates until when that song will play.[/QUOTE]are you kidding me? that's awesome. man this sucks. I really want that. I'm gonna head to craigslist and see if I can find a really cheap PSP-1000. It'll work with a 1000 right long as the firmware is current?

[quote name='jonlubbe']Good news everyone.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...an-track-catalog-coming-64-songs-coming-1215/[/QUOTE]

ZOMG. I will drop $50 easy this week on this. You finally win Singstar...

New SingStar Tracks – $1.49 Each:
  • 10CC, I’m Not In Love
  • Aled Jones, Walking In The Air
  • Aswad, Don’t Turn Around
  • Bing Crosby, Auld Lang Syne
  • Black Eyed Peas, Shut Up
  • Buggles, Video Killed The Radio Star
  • Celine Dion, O Holy Night
  • Cheryl Cole, Fight For This Love
  • Cliff Richard, Saviour’s Day
  • David Essex, A Winter’s Tale
  • Diana Ross & The Supremes and The Temptations, I Second That Emotion
  • Doris Day, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
  • Duffy, Mercy
  • Elton John, Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going To Be A Long Long Time)
  • Elton John, Step Into Christmas
  • Gwen Stefani, 4 In The Morning
  • Iggy Pop, Real Wild Child (Wild One)
  • James Morrison, You Give Me Something
  • James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado, Broken Strings
  • Johnny Mathis, When A Child Is Born
  • Lady Gaga, Bad Romance
  • Lady Gaga, LoveGame
  • Lady Gaga, Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
  • Lady Gaga, Poker Face
  • Lady Gaga feat Colby O’Donis, Just Dance
  • Lil Wayne, Go D.J.
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sweet Home Alabama
  • Martha Reeves, Dancing in The Street
  • Morrissey, First Of The Gang To Die
  • Nat King Cole, A Cradle In Bethlehem
  • Nirvana, Come As You Are
  • Patsy Cline, Crazy
  • Pereza, Lady Madrid
  • Propaganda, Dr. Mabuse
  • Rick James, Super Freak
  • Rihanna, We Ride
  • Steppenwolf, Born To Be Wild
  • Stereo MC’s, Connected
  • Taio Cruz, Break Your Heart
  • Take That, Back For Good
  • Take That, Could It Be Magic
  • Take That, Promises
  • Take That, Everything Changes
  • Take That, Sure
  • The All-American Rejects, Move Along
  • The Beach Boys, Wouldn’t It Be Nice
  • The Exponents, Why Does Love Do This To Me
  • The Hives, Tick Tick Boom
  • The Jackson 5, Mama’s Pearl
  • The Jackson 5, Never Can Say Goodbye
  • The Jackson 5, I’ll Be There
  • The Jackson 5, Dancing Machine
  • The Jackson 5, ABC
  • The Kinks, You Really Got Me
  • The Mamas & The Papas, California Dreamin’
  • The Supremes, Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
  • Tiffany, I Think We’re Alone Now
  • Timbaland feat. One Republic, Apologize
  • U2, With Or Without You
  • Wolfmother, Woman
  • Dance Add-Ons – $0.49 to Upgrade:
  • Pink, Get The Party Started
  • Rick Astley, Never Gonna Give You Up
  • Ciara, One Two Step
  • a-ha, Take On Me [ORIG]
  • Sister Sledge, We Are Family
  • Nena, 99 Red Balloons
  • Avril Lavigne, Sk8er Boi [NTSC]
  • 2 Unlimited, No Limit
  • Lady Gaga feat Colby O’Donis, Just Dance
The Jackson 5 Song Pack – $6.99:

• Mama’s Pearl
  • Never Can Say Goodbye
  • I’ll Be There
  • Dancing Machine
  • ABC

Lady Gaga Song Pack – $6.99:

• Bad Romance
  • LoveGame
  • Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
  • Just Dance (Featuring Colby O’Donis)
  • Poker Face

Kings of Leon Song Pack – $6.99:

• Sex On Fire
  • Use Somebody
  • Charmer
  • On Call
  • Molly’s Chambers

Bon Jovi: Ballads Song Pack – $6.99:

• Blaze Of Glory
  • Bed Of Roses
  • I’ll Be There For You
  • Wanted Dead or Alive
  • Always
  • Bon Jovi: Rock Song Pack – $6.99:
  • Livin’ On A Prayer
  • It’s My Life
  • You Give Love A Bad Name
  • Born To Be My Baby
  • We Weren’t Born To Follow

Sum 41 Song Pack – $6.99:

• With Me
  • Walking Disaster
  • Still Waiting
  • Pieces
  • In Too Deep

Alternative 80s Song Pack – $6.99:

• The Stranglers, Always the Sun
  • The Mission, Tower of Strength
  • The Damned, Shadow of Love
  • Siouxsie And The Banshees, The Passenger
  • The House Of Love, Christine
80s Part 2 Song Pack – $6.99:

• MC Hammer, Can’t Touch This
  • Thompson Twins, Hold Me Now
  • Rick Astley, Never Gonna Give You Up
  • Duran Duran, Hungry Like The Wolf
Soft Rock Ballads Song Pack – $6.99:

• Toto, Hold The Line
  • Mr. Big, To Be With You
  • Whitney Houston, Greatest Love Of All
  • Elton John, Rocket Man (I Think It’s Going To Be A Long Long Time)
  • Foreigner, I Want To Know What Love Is

Top Tracks of 2010 Song Pack – $6.99:

• James Morrison feat. Nelly Furtado, Broken Strings
  • Timbaland feat. One Republic, Apologize
  • Kelly Clarkson, Since U Been Gone
  • Black Eyed Peas, Shut Up

Wow, this totally made my day... Does this mean that SingStar is no longer dead in the water, at least here in the U.S.? Here's hoping they will make good on that promise for a great 2011! :D

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Wow, this totally made my day... Does this mean that SingStar is no longer dead in the water, at least here in the U.S.? Here's hoping they will make good on that promise for a great 2011! :D[/QUOTE]

Let's hope, because after the past week's update of 4 obscure songs, I was giving up hope.

[quote name='addone']Should mean we have some good times now, with UMG's available tracks...but you know what happens when we assume :([/QUOTE]
The main reason why we didn't get many songs Europe had as because UMG owned some rights. Now that is has been lifted, we can finally get them. Expect MUCH better SingStar updates from now on.

Like I told everyone before, UMG was holding back the U.S.

I'm just glad there will be some Dance tracks.

Also, haven't really checked but is there a way to filter by game mode? My wife keeps complaining that she'd just like to see the Dance songs instead of all of them (we have quite a few).

[quote name='StrandedBrit']I'm just glad there will be some Dance tracks.

Also, haven't really checked but is there a way to filter by game mode? My wife keeps complaining that she'd just like to see the Dance songs instead of all of them (we have quite a few).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, in the SingStore, go to 'Song Types' (or something like that), and you can choose whether to see Dance, Guitar, Rap, or Duet songs. :)

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Yeah, in the SingStore, go to 'Song Types' (or something like that), and you can choose whether to see Dance, Guitar, Rap, or Duet songs. :)[/QUOTE]

The dance songs are becoming excellent quickly IMO.

bread's done
Back