Skittles candy pack - Free Xbox Avatar prop

[quote name='Double O Slevin']At first when trying this method, I too was getting the inactive grey tiles. Cleared my cache, that didn't work. So I went into the beta games section and scrolled back and forth, then used the guide method while still in that section, and they started popping up. Still no Skittles, but its a start! Hope this helps.

To anyone that actually has it, am I looking for a video tile or a still picture?[/QUOTE]
I tried for over 30 mins so far nothing skittles.. I like to know as well it would go faster.

[quote name='bob101910']Didn't know the beta dashboard was out yet :/ Was accepted, but no update yet.[/QUOTE]

Did you do the follow up registration?

i used beta trick to get the skittles prop got it on my third try and one of the three times i got all grey boxes but i was expecting to spend a much longer time on this

[quote name='Double O Slevin']At first when trying this method, I too was getting the inactive grey tiles. Cleared my cache, that didn't work. So I went into the beta games section and scrolled back and forth, then used the guide method while still in that section, and they started popping up. Still no Skittles, but its a start! Hope this helps.

To anyone that actually has it, am I looking for a video tile or a still picture?[/QUOTE]
http://youtu.be/Ebl2WLjvhXg

Tried the method for Beta console method got all grey squares on my main and my secondary. After that it has been hit or miss for me. Something downloaded on my main & the ads started to appear found Paranormal ad no luck with skittles ad. Switched to secondary found skittles ad and than this happened.
[quote name='garrett007']I keep refreshing and getting the same ads, everyone is a t mobile ad and the last one is the mancave ad[/QUOTE]

Switched back to main, found Paranormal ad again (used second controller method to get prop on secondary) but still couldn't find skittles ad on it. Wish I had remembered the second controller method on the skittles ad the first time. Funny how the ads you don't want to see appear and the ones you want don't. :lol:

Begin rant. As pathetic as it sounds, I've probably refreshed over 1000 times between different times of the day, different Xbox's, beta & non-beta, and Gamertags over the past few days. Still I have seen nothing of the elusive Skittles prop. If I hadn't seen the prop on other peoples avatars already, or the video FNL 4EVA posted, I'd probably say everyone was full of shit, but I know it's real, and it is out there. Over the course of the past few days, I've probably seen anywhere from 15-20 different ads, maybe more, over and over again. I'll keep trying, but my patience is wearing thin. They should really have a dedicated section for all of the ads that are being offered, that way everything is easy to find, and if people really cared about them, they would know exactly where to look. That's just my opinion. Sorry. Rant over.

[quote name='dominator']Yeah I keep getting the greyed out ads. It's kinda annoying. lol[/QUOTE]
I was dling on pc and always make them grey. I stop dl and reset and works. btw video i found on google search. I looked for over 3 hours now....

I only see pink Verizon commercials on every ad. So tired of it, every ad, it never changes. I've cleared my cache several times and have reset the dash a billion times. It doesn't seem to help. I'm gonna unplug my modem and reset it, see if it does anything.

T-mobile pink ads, rather...I despise them now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried for over half an hour, using the game store trick & no go. At least Xbox knows Im a man, nothing but man cave ads for Axe, dove for men, and Dr Pepper 10. I now wish Jim beam had an avatar award since all I kept getting was that Red Stag bourbon ad. Prob gonna go get a bottle too, I dont know if its frustration or the ads are pushing me to drink.

I was finally able to snag this sucker. I just tried randomly and finally stopped getting grey squares a couple hours ago, then I got on netflix and put on Captain America, got bored, and tried again for the heck of it. It was the first thing that popped up for me. Thanks ColdBlood!

As for clearing your cache, go to you System Settings, go to storage, select your storage device and hit Y to look at your options, you should then have an option to clear your cache.

[quote name='iKnowledge']Apparently my xbox thinks I should be a marine that drinks nothing but Mountain Dew[/QUOTE]

Same with me. Most of the time, the ads are for the Marines. I've been in the Army for over 6 years, I don't need that shit. The other day, all 5 ads on my dashboard were for the Marines. Do those ads even work?

On the beta dash, I'm only getting Kinect Sports and Fun Labs ads, which is retarded because I don't own a Kinect. Tried the method mentioned earlier, but only get grey squares. I got an update today, so maybe it just needs time to sort itself out.

I'm Starting to think this Ad Will never show up i have been trying since Cold Posted and still no go but i wanna join the military now and shower 3x a day with Axe shower gel :p and Take lots of pics with my Olympius Camera while all tweeked out on Mountain Dew and DDP lol :bouncy:

Still no Skittles. Plenty of Paranorman or whatever, and that bike messenger movie trailer, or Axe shower gel. Ugh. I give up.

This ad is a real pain in the ass to find but I finally just found it this morning, so don't give up hope =)

WP_000017.jpg

How do you get the blank grey ad tiles to start displaying ads correctly? I've tried clearing the cache, different profiles, resetting the console and nothing works. It's driving me nuts.

[quote name='bugeater']How do you get the blank grey ad tiles to start displaying ads correctly? I've tried clearing the cache, different profiles, resetting the console and nothing works. It's driving me nuts.[/QUOTE]

The way I've been able to get around the grey ad tiles problem is by pressing the Xbox guide button, then hold the right trigger, and press Y. It will refresh the dashboard. Then go back to the "Games Store".

I still haven't found the Skittles ad, but I do see new ads today, so it is promising. :)

I just got the Skittles ad on the dashboard beta!!!

It's like playing the slot machine with these ads. I hit the jackpot! Ding ding ding! :D

Finally got some ads instead of grey boxes, but my primary profile gets an Obama campaign ad on every ad tile except the last, which is always the Axe Mancave. They never change. My secondary profile gets around ten different ads repeated over and over, but I did manage to get the Paranorman prop. I'll try again later. Thanks for the right trigger + Y tip. Previously, I was only refreshing with Y, but it didn't make the ads appear. Your method got the ads to appear on the the first try.

[quote name='CodeTrader']The way I've been able to get around the grey ad tiles problem is by pressing the Xbox guide button, then hold the right trigger, and press Y. It will refresh the dashboard. Then go back to the "Games Store".

I still haven't found the Skittles ad, but I do see new ads today, so it is promising. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! Finally got ads to appear on the games store in beta dash.

Edit: Cool, a man kissing a donkey but still no skittles!

[quote name='City Hunter']
Does the 2 controllers tricks works?[/QUOTE]

Can somebody explain this... I've searched the thread(s) but no one is actually explaining how to do it.:whee:

[quote name='Lordd_G']Can somebody explain this... I've searched the thread(s) but no one is actually explaining how to do it.:whee:[/QUOTE]
While you're on promotional landing page, log into desired profile using a 2nd controller. Then, log out of the original profile using 1st controller. Using 2nd controller, download promotional content to target profile.

3 McDonalds, 2 Netflix so far. This is boring, I'll do it for another 10 mins or so then just probably give up.

EDIT: OK, this is actually starting to get fun. I'm gonna give it another 20 mins or so.

EDIT 2: ParaNorman Dog, woohoo! Better than nuthin'!

EDIT 3: Right at 10pm MST, everything changed from 90% McDonalds/Netflix to almost all Red Stag (whiskey) with a couple Corona's thrown in the mix. Weird.

I wish mine would do that. My primary account still shows all Obama ads and my secondary account is determined to show me nothing but Netflix (which I already have) ads now.

I have the old crappy dashboard (please tell me the new beta is an improvement) and I get lots of Marines, some ParaNormans, and all kinds of alcohol ads.

fuck you STAN and the sheep that you rode in on sheep fucker, I don't even like Corona!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yeah, I don't give a shit anymore. Time for a rage quit. fuck it. I don't need the Skittles. I'm diabetic, anyways.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO, it's okay Bro! I'll make sure to taste the rainbow for you, no homo.

The only thing MS wants to advertise to me is about being a Marine, it was quite literally the only ad I got all last night in every panel. You'd think they'd at least mix it up a bit, oh well maybe one day.

bread's done
Back