Skittles candy pack - Free Xbox Avatar prop

[quote name='NoDAK']While you're on promotional landing page, log into desired profile using a 2nd controller. Then, log out of the original profile using 1st controller. Using 2nd controller, download promotional content to target profile.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, my good sir!

[quote name='locolukah']I am just getting TONS of bright yellow cell phone ads today![/QUOTE]

Same here, but I did FINALLY at least get the Paranorman one, so that makes me happy. I'm on the beta, btw.

Refreshed a bunch yesterday on my non beta Xbox, finally got some new ads. One for pringles, which unfortunately DID NOT have a pringles avatar prop but some gamerpics & a theme. I would rather have had that than a skittle pack. Even with all that refreshing I only rad across the pringles ad twice. Is this ad YMMV? Wondering if only certain areas see the ads. Like I doubt you guys get ads for C-Spire, since thats a south east only cell phone company.

Still no luck with this one. I was hoping it would be like the Paranorman ad where it became more common after a few days (at least for me). I've looked for a bout a week now, a little each day and no Skittle ad.

After searching these past 2 weeks, over and over again, I've officially given up. I've done pretty much all I can do to find the prop, but I guess it's just not meant to be. Good luck to everyone else who has the heart to keep trying.

EDIT: Hot damn! So I took a little advice that I saw and created a new GT where I was 18, and after about 2-3 refreshes, it showed up(BTW, I'm on the beta dashboard). Then I just used the two controller trick to get the prop on my desired GT. I hope this helps others having problems getting it. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Double O Slevin']EDIT: Hot damn! So I took a little advice that I saw and created a new GT where I was 18, and after about 2-3 refreshes, it showed up(BTW, I'm on the beta dashboard). Then I just used the two controller trick to get the prop on my desired GT. I hope this helps others having problems getting it. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

HOLY CRAP! Thanks for posting this. I had about given up on ever seeing this ad. I got it with a new profile, immediately upon logging in!

To anyone else struggling with this dumb ad: If you can't find the ad, try and CREATE A NEW SILVER GT, and make the profile an 18-year old (born in 1994).

[quote name='Ham Salad 360']HOLY CRAP! Thanks for posting this. I had about given up on ever seeing this ad. I got it with a new profile, immediately upon logging in!

To anyone else struggling with this dumb ad: If you can't find the ad, try and CREATE A NEW SILVER GT, and make the profile an 18-year old (born in 1994).[/QUOTE]
I gave up until ty will try later.

Ok so I was able to get the Skittles Prop today. First, what I did was create a new silver gamertag and set my age to 18. Then I kept refreshing the dashboard until I saw the Skittles ad. It's a still so it should appear almost immediately without loading. The first time the ad was under the apps tab. The second time I saw it on the home page. When you see the ad on the silver account you just created, use a second controller to sign into your main profile for which you want the Skittles prop. The next part is important. Make sure both profiles are signed in and SIGN OUT OF THE SILVER GAMERTAG. Otherwise, the Skittles prop will download to the silver account and you will have to find the ad again.

I made a new silver account born in 1994, but while I have seen a pringles ad, at long last, I've not seen the Skittles after 5 refreshes. I'll try again, later, though.

[quote name='GundamFan']Ok so I was able to get the Skittles Prop today. First, what I did was create a new silver gamertag and set my age to 18. Then I kept refreshing the dashboard until I saw the Skittles ad. It's a still so it should appear almost immediately without loading. The first time the ad was under the apps tab. The second time I saw it on the home page. When you see the ad on the silver account you just created, use a second controller to sign into your main profile for which you want the Skittles prop. The next part is important. Make sure both profiles are signed in and SIGN OUT OF THE SILVER GAMERTAG. Otherwise, the Skittles prop will download to the silver account and you will have to find the ad again.[/QUOTE]

Just got it after creating a silver profile. I didn't even need a second controller. All I did was to go the ad on my silver account. Then, I hit the guide button, signed out and signed in with my gold account. The ad was still up and running in the background so when I backed out of the guide, I could still click on stuff and get the avatar prop.

I FINALLY got the Skittles ad, using the silver live account 1994/2nd controller trick. I had to sign in using my DJ Hero turntable, but it worked!

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']wow, I spent way too much time on this. Still button. Btw- where did people find the Kinect props? those are super cool[/QUOTE]

The Kinect Props were from a Gamestop online promotion. I think there were 250k of them. I had about 6 spares, but I gave them all away in the code drop thread.

Still no luck with the Skittles Prop, though. I'm beta and my ads just seem to stick (right now with the Corona and occassionally HP ads)

[quote name='pyoobez']The Kinect Props were from a Gamestop online promotion. I think there were 250k of them. I had about 6 spares, but I gave them all away in the code drop thread.

Still no luck with the Skittles Prop, though. I'm beta and my ads just seem to stick (right now with the Corona and occassionally HP ads)[/QUOTE]
Same here, main dashboard is always the same ads no matter how many times I refresh. The only new ads come from the game store area.

[quote name='pyoobez']The Kinect Props were from a Gamestop online promotion. I think there were 250k of them. I had about 6 spares, but I gave them all away in the code drop thread.

Still no luck with the Skittles Prop, though. I'm beta and my ads just seem to stick (right now with the Corona and occassionally HP ads)[/QUOTE]
thank you for the reply. Bummer I missed out on the Kinect prop. I remember seeing one months ago on a website, and was hoping I would score one. Maybe I can check a trade thread? I usually only look at the deals threads and haven't explored other areas of cag, but will start. :D

Also, i finally got the skittles prop. I felt like i won a scratch ticket! Lol. It was such a pain to get i logged in on every one of my accounts to download it. Phew.

[quote name='HydroX']I got an update that removed the game store link from my guide, so all hope has been lost. lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got the same. Kind of annoying that they release an update just to remove that. We shouldn't have to jump through hoops in the first place to get the ads. They should have fixed the problem of people on the beta not getting the ads on the dashboard. Normally I wouldn't care about ads, but it kind of sucks to miss out on freebies because you have to find an ad on the dashboard. I wonder why they don't have ads on the US dashboard beta, but they have them on the German one.

Out of curiosity, what zip/postal code are poeple from that have gotten the skittles prop? I'm wondering if its limited to specific regions.

[quote name='Double O Slevin']Hot damn! So I took a little advice that I saw and created a new GT where I was 18, and after about 2-3 refreshes, it showed up(BTW, I'm on the beta dashboard). Then I just used the two controller trick to get the prop on my desired GT. I hope this helps others having problems getting it. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed this method worked for me; thanks, guy. :)

Would have been funny if it was a Klondike bar prop. "What would you doooooo~ for a Klondike prop?"

I can confirm that creating an 18 year old profile made the Skittles ad show up for me. I can mostly confirm that my girlfriend's 16 year old son's profile is not seeing the ad, so it seems to have a pretty restricted age range.

[quote name='JMusic']I can confirm that creating an 18 year old profile made the Skittles ad show up for me. I can mostly confirm that my girlfriend's 16 year old son's profile is not seeing the ad, so it seems to have a pretty restricted age range.[/QUOTE]

I made the new 18 year old account and still haven't seen it.

[quote name='draven1089']I made the new 18 year old account and still haven't seen it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just get the same old generic Microsoft in-house ads.

[quote name='COLDblood']FOUND A NEW WAY for the dashboard beta people to view the old dash board style ads, thanks to CertifiedNinja1

For ads on the new dash: Press guide button, tap left twice and go to the "xbox store" tab, select "games store" it will then show you the old style dash, refresh until you see the ad.[/QUOTE]
I have the beta (just downloaded it today) and this doesn't work for me. It's still the same old guide menu, so pressing left twice doesn't work because I can only go left once. There is no "Xbox Store" tab for me. And simply going to the game marketplace the normal way doesn't change anything. Is there another method by any chance?

[quote name='ZombieToast']I have the beta (just downloaded it today) and this doesn't work for me. It's still the same old guide menu, so pressing left twice doesn't work because I can only go left once. There is no "Xbox Store" tab for me. And simply going to the game marketplace the normal way doesn't change anything. Is there another method by any chance?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

You can occassionally get new adds by using the search option on Games or TV & Movies. Just type in like the letter A or maybe search a preselected option.

But again, the ads are usually for Netflix/Waypoint. I did see a few other ads before but not the SkiTTALs or even the ParaNorman one that way.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I have the beta (just downloaded it today) and this doesn't work for me. It's still the same old guide menu, so pressing left twice doesn't work because I can only go left once. There is no "Xbox Store" tab for me. And simply going to the game marketplace the normal way doesn't change anything. Is there another method by any chance?[/QUOTE]

No, the recent beta update removed the ability to get ads, or at least from the spots they've been in. Which sucks, cuz I wanted this skittles thing

[quote name='ZombieToast']I have the beta (just downloaded it today) and this doesn't work for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it sucks for beta users again.

I updated the first page 5 days ago with:
The below method no longer works as its been patched with the newest update

[quote name='COLDblood']Yeah I know it sucks for beta users again.

I updated the first page 5 days ago with:
The below method no longer works as its been patched with the newest update[/QUOTE]
I feel disgusted i wasted 4-5 hours on beta trying to get this... ms why o why...

I know how you feel. I've wasted so many hours looking for the Cars Land ad and the Skittles ad just for nothing to appear. It really pisses you off. >.< They need to have it where ads can be included in searches.

[quote name='musha666']No kidding. The new dashboard really doesnt even offer anything worth using. Hopefully towards the end of the beta they will give us all something good to make up for all these lost freebies.[/QUOTE]

Your reward is the new dash.

[quote name='Tailswisher']I know how you feel. I've wasted so many hours looking for the Cars Land ad and the Skittles ad just for nothing to appear. It really pisses you off. >.< They need to have it where ads can be included in searches.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried signing into another profile to look for the ads? My main account never has the ads, but I have found them all on other accounts. I usually try a few refreshes and then switch if I'm having no luck, it's worked every time. Right before you download the item you can just hit the guide, sign out and switch to your main.

I can also confirm that the 18yr old 2nd controller trick works. Was able to get the Skittles prop on my normal account in 3 refreshes.

Okay guys, has anyone else experienced this? I made another 18-year-old silver account (yes, another, because I'm currently 18 and my gold just expired, still was not getting the ad), and I saw the ad, but I didn't sign out, I just downloaded it to my new account first, then dashboarded, signed out of the new account, and when I tried to download it on my main, I get a window titled "Xbox LIVE Marketplace" saying, "There's a problem with Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Please try again later. Status code: 800700E8"

And it won't let me download it. I'm restarting my xbox right now, I'll edit this post afterwards with results incase anyone else has this problem.

Okay, now my new account gets te same boring ads as my main account, phone companies, netflix, banks, ugh. I can't get any of the cool ads that my new account got before I restarted my xbox the first time, weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iRandom']All I freakin get is the annoying Kinect Baseball SHIT ad. Dont even have a f&@$ Kinect
Also the BF3 and MoH WF ad[/QUOTE]

You must be using the beta then, Cause all i ever see is Kinect Baseball or Kinect whatever it is that aint skittles or any other app that isnt Kinect.

[quote name='Dbuck1818']You must be using the beta then, Cause all i ever see is Kinect Baseball or Kinect whatever it is that aint skittles or any other app that isnt Kinect.[/QUOTE]

dude, wat

[quote name='TeaBisquit']dude, wat[/QUOTE]

He must be using the beta dashboard, Cause the only ads on their are for Kinect things. Kinect baseball and whatever the other Kinect thing is. :drool:

[quote name='TeaBisquit']Okay guys, has anyone else experienced this? I made another 18-year-old silver account (yes, another, because I'm currently 18 and my gold just expired, still was not getting the ad), and I saw the ad, but I didn't sign out, I just downloaded it to my new account first, then dashboarded, signed out of the new account, and when I tried to download it on my main, I get a window titled "Xbox LIVE Marketplace" saying, "There's a problem with Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Please try again later. Status code: 800700E8"

And it won't let me download it. I'm restarting my xbox right now, I'll edit this post afterwards with results incase anyone else has this problem.

Okay, now my new account gets te same boring ads as my main account, phone companies, netflix, banks, ugh. I can't get any of the cool ads that my new account got before I restarted my xbox the first time, weird.[/QUOTE]

You live in Canada, right? The Skittles prop will only download on a US profile. If you try to download it to a profile for another country it will give that error.

bread's done
Back