Skylanders: Stump Smash, Sonic Boom in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']I need a tree and water element skylander and then i'll have one of each. not interested in all of them just one of each type. my kid really wants the shark though.[/QUOTE]

You don't have Gill Grunt?

I FINALLY found a wind element today. Picked up a single Sonic Boom and a Drobot. Still on the prowl for adventure packs though.

[quote name='Tonner Cyn']The shark - Terrafin? - is actually an Earth element isn't it?[/QUOTE]
Yep, also for those of the more extreme collecting, the figures can stay in the package and still work in game. I tried it with a couple after seeing how the display kiosk worked in Target. Just thought I would pass that on. It works well when you have 2 new Skylanders that you can't open until your son's 5th Bday!:D

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']I need a tree and water element skylander and then i'll have one of each. not interested in all of them just one of each type. my kid really wants the shark though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']my bad I meant wind or whatever is on the bottom left of the poster.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and there's a couple of reasons those two (life and wind) are the hardest to get. First of all, those are the two where there are only 2 characters out so far (as opposed to tech and magic which not only come in the starter packs but each have 4 characters released).

Second, Stealf Elf is hard to find on its own because it is one of the few girl characters. That leaves Stump Smash as the only "common" life element figure and it then becomes scarce as a result of that. For wind, there are also only 2 and one, Whirlwind, was a hard-to-find Target exclusive and even now that it is no longer exclusive it is still hard to find. That leaves Sonic Boom as the only "common" there. It was in stock for 3-4 days at Amazon last week but now already back up to near $20 from third party sellers.

I also noticed that, strangely enough, Whirlwind and Cynder and a few others (even older ones like Eruptor and Flameslinger) have gone UP in value since I last checked a week ago or so. I'm surprised by that given how many shipments people here have reported recently. I really thought by this point they'd be much easier to find but if anything it appears they are getting harder (given that shipments are actually arriving now which they weren't the 2 weeks after Christmas).

thanks for sharing that information. My and I are new to skylanders and we aren't sure what is out. Since nothing is in stock anywhere its a little confusing. we have the starter pack, eruptor, chop chop and bash. Those are the only ones i've ever seen in store since christmas.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']thanks for sharing that information. My and I are new to skylanders and we aren't sure what is out. Since nothing is in stock anywhere its a little confusing. we have the starter pack, eruptor, chop chop and bash. Those are the only ones i've ever seen in store since christmas.[/QUOTE]
The Pirate Seas Adventure pack is in stock at Amazon for 19.99 if you're looking for any more. Just bookmark the link in the OP and check it whenever you can and you'll probably be able to get a few that way.

I bought a bunch buy 1 get 1 free right before Christmas. I made sure i bought one of each element and was able to get the 2 add ons. I should of bought all the characters when I had the chance at that price. I just did not know how good the game was going to be.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I bought a bunch buy 1 get 1 free right before Christmas. I made sure i bought one of each element and was able to get the 2 add ons. I should of bought all the characters when I had the chance at that price. I just did not know how good the game was going to be.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. I hit up a TRU on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and they had actually restocked all the figs after they were wiped out on Black Friday. I bought a few like Wrecking Ball then (just because I thought he was cool), but passed on some others because I already had those elements. Now I wish not only had I bought every type then, but that I had bought some duplicates. My 4 year old is really bugging me for his own set of figures (independent from my 9 year-old's collection). For $4 a piece I'd get him at least 4 or 5. But even if I could find them at $7.99 now I'd have a hard time paying full price for what would be duplicates. And I doubt we'll see B1G1 sales any time soon with how hot these are.

[quote name='confoosious']your TRU sells em at $7.99? Mine has them at $9.99.[/QUOTE]

Yes, now they do. But back when they had the B1G1 they were still $7.99. I haven't bought any at TRU since they jacked up the price except I did get the Darklight Crypt there using the $20 for $10 google offer since it was on sale for $16.99 (from $24.99) that week. That was the only thing I got with that Google deal ;).

The only thing I would buy at TRU's inflated prices right now is the Legendary pack and maybe Cynder. I'm still kicking myself for passing up the Legendary pack before Thanksgiving. At the time I told myself I wouln't pay retail (even normal retail of $7.99/$19.99) for the figures. I also passed up Whirwind many time at Target back then for the same reason. Then I gladly paid $7.99 (albeit in trade-in credit) at Gamestop for it the other day.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']my 4 year old is obsessed and I buy them for him. I don't mind sharing characters with him.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem with it - my 9 year-old does ;).

gamestop has a bunch of the 3 packs it looks like

wrecking ball stealth and sonic boom

drobot flameslinger and stump

whirlwind double and drill

chop chop single figure keeps going in and out of stock

The wife popped into Gamestop next to our local Peet's Coffee (mmm late night mocha). No figures, my local Target was also completely out.

Still need Cynder (might just wait for the 3 pack though) and Double Trouble

im debating to sell my legendary set. i managed to snagged every element during the tru b1g1 (prechristmas). Everything except a ps3 starter kit. lol. I remember going back to tru after the sale and they have nothing in terms of 3 packs but racks full of legendaries. at that time, i thought - what a waste!

Hope Toysrus restock the legendary packs. Missed out on those. Tru will be milking alot from people of they do. This will also decrease the value of the secondary market and help out other people that would want them on their collection.

I just ordered the Stealth Elf/Wreaking Ball/Sonic Boom pack on Gamestop online. Unfortunately, I have to wait until next week to get it.

I'll try and check the store near me later and hope to get Cynder.

That only leaves one Fire and one Earth.

[quote name='enufs8d']im debating to sell my legendary set. i managed to snagged every element during the tru b1g1 (prechristmas). Everything except a ps3 starter kit. lol. I remember going back to tru after the sale and they have nothing in terms of 3 packs but racks full of legendaries. at that time, i thought - what a waste![/QUOTE]

I too would like a chance to get the legendary set from you. I tried to PM you but your box is full. PM me ASAP.

[quote name='enufs8d']im debating to sell my legendary set. i managed to snagged every element during the tru b1g1 (prechristmas). Everything except a ps3 starter kit. lol. I remember going back to tru after the sale and they have nothing in terms of 3 packs but racks full of legendaries. at that time, i thought - what a waste![/QUOTE]
i'm also interested! :D

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']I just ordered the Stealth Elf/Wreaking Ball/Sonic Boom pack on Gamestop online. Unfortunately, I have to wait until next week to get it.[/QUOTE]
Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash 3 pack is also in stock at GS currently. From the little I've played both Flameslinger and Drobot are awesome characters.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash 3 pack is also in stock at GS currently. From the little I've played both Flameslinger and Drobot are awesome characters.[/QUOTE]

A leveled up Drobot can just blast his way through any level ;).

I was collecting these at first, til i realized how much money some were worth!

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has been posting where these are available online and where they came back into stock(like at Target, BB, ect).

I managed to go into a few walmarts, best buys, and two gamestops last week, right after the restock, and buy close to $500 worth of skylanders stuff. There was this family at one GameStop trying to buy a couple and I just snatched them right from under their noses. Now their kids have to play with gill grunt and trigger happy, LOL.

I now have over double what i spent in my amazon account(thanks mostly to the 15 empire of ice packs i came across!!!)!

Thanks guys!

Honestly, if you dont buy the ones that are worth money when you see them, youre lazy and stupid(im 100% positive that if anyone in here seen a full rack of legendaries at TRU, they'd buy every one).

Hoarding for the win!

P.S. Shopping is so hard! *waits for the inevitable reply by confoosious*

Last edited by a moderator:
Please no posts about how many of these you have bought to resell and in particular how you snagged them out from under the noses of a family - contributes nothing to the thread and will only result in pages of back and forth flaming that we'll have to clean up in the morning. I've preemptively deleted the offending post, by the way (so this isn't some random post). I just wanted the guy who's post I deleted to know why that happened and to ask him not to repeat it ;).

[quote name='io']A leveled up Drobot can just blast his way through any level ;).[/QUOTE]

Drobot is practically unstoppable. He is awesome.

Hindsight being 20/20, that would have been worthy of a photo.

[quote name='io']A leveled up Drobot can just blast his way through any level ;).[/QUOTE]

I leveled him to 10 (blade gear upgrades) over the weekend and I'm not impressed. He's slow and just doesn't do enough damage.

[quote name='BartToby']was totally a joke though. . .

i left them with gill grunt and trigger happy?

hahaha?[/QUOTE]

Ban this man.

Found Cynder at a walmart this morning so things are looking up for those in the hunt. Still looking for the Boomer/Voodood/Prism Break pack though. That's all I need left and ill have all that's out now. I wonder if that pack has been discontinued. :whistle2:(

What is going to happend is that they will produce way more than the real demand and they will start going on sale or clearance in a few months. The ebay and craiglist people are making the shortage. I hope they all get stuck with them.

[quote name='Corvin']

I leveled him to 10 (blade gear upgrades) over the weekend and I'm not impressed. He's slow and just doesn't do enough damage.[/QUOTE]

The lasers are your friend.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']What is going to happend is that they will produce way more than the real demand and they will start going on sale or clearance in a few months. The ebay and craiglist people are making the shortage. I hope they all get stuck with them.[/QUOTE]

They'll just return them when the profit doesn't justify the effort.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Ban this man.

Found Cynder at a walmart this morning so things are looking up for those in the hunt. Still looking for the Boomer/Voodood/Prism Break pack though. That's all I need left and ill have all that's out now. I wonder if that pack has been discontinued. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

I agree. If for nothing else than for ending declarative sentences with a question mark. ;)

All I ever see at walmart (and I hate going there even though it's like 5 mins away) are empty pegs.

Which character is the fastest? I'm feeling sluggish.

[quote name='confoosious']I agree. If for nothing else than for ending declarative sentences with a question mark. ;)

All I ever see at walmart (and I hate going there even though it's like 5 mins away) are empty pegs.

Which character is the fastest? I'm feeling sluggish.[/QUOTE]

That's hard to say. Some characters have 'charge' skills. Like Bash for example. When you upgrade his rolling skill, you can stay in it for a good amount of time. Ghost Roaster has one, Gill Grunt, and I believe Spyro has one as well. I'm sure there's more, but that's all that comes to mind.

You can also find +speed hats that help a lot. If you mean attack speed, then I'm not too sure. With range characters, attack speed doesn't really matter. I would imagine Stealth Elf having a pretty fast attack speed, but I don't have her.

Sorry if I offened anyone before(some people didnt even read my post. . .).

Ill just return all the toys i bought if they get mass released again. I have a bunch of pirate seas packs i was gonna break up and sell but now amazon has em up at MSRP. Good thing i can just buy ice empire packs from wherever and return the pirate packs that way ^_^.

Honestly, ive made enough already so its fine.

Hex is available for order (in stock on the 29th) at Amazon

[quote name='confoosious']Which character is the fastest? I'm feeling sluggish.[/QUOTE]
I dont really know whos fastest but I know Flameslinger is pretty quick with his dash (it's like spyros dash basically) and Cynder is quick using one of his abilities. For just plain movement speed I dont know if there's a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BartToby']Sorry if I offened anyone before(some people didnt even read my post. . .).

Ill just return all the toys i bought if they get mass released again. I have a bunch of pirate seas packs i was gonna break up and sell but now amazon has em up at MSRP. Good thing i can just buy ice empire packs from wherever and return the pirate packs that way ^_^.

Honestly, ive made enough already so its fine.[/QUOTE]

really? nobody cares about your money making scheme or how much money you've already made. You're lucky IO is pretty laid back.

---

Stealth Elf seems like she would be pretty fast but mine won't get here till whenever GS feels like it.

I'm thinking of getting the 3DS starter pack but I feel like if I just leveled up with the 3DS and then plopped the skylander into the console version in the early levels, it'd be too much cheating. Or is that not how it works.

[quote name='BartToby']Sorry if I offened anyone before(some people didnt even read my post. . .).

Honestly, ive made enough already so its fine.[/QUOTE]

you've probably made a whopping $2 off each one. way to go, i bow to your flipping skills :applause:

Yeah I cant say I didnt resell some but I dont see a point in doing it now. Cant be making enough to really make it worth the trouble. Unless you know where some Legendary sets are.

Now that I'm done with the game I'm debating selling what I have to recoup some of my money. Has anyone sold their used stuff and is the market decent enough to get most of the money back?

(360 starter set, Pirate Seas Adventure pack, 2x character 3 packs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back