Skylanders: Stump Smash, Sonic Boom in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading all the hub-bub on these and since I have nothing to do since I work nights tonight I think I will go on out and see what it is like in the wild. I need to big up some hummus and maple syrup anyways.

Success!!! They had more there but I couldn't justify the expense. I've sunk well over $100 into this game now and other than needing an undead figure of some sort I think I'm done.

photoxn.jpg

[quote name='Dokstarr']Not to poke the bears or anything, but I'm just wondering how much of a profit can the hoarders be making on these on eBay? The triple pack is 20 on amazon. If you sell it for like 30 like most seem to be going for after the about 15% ebay fees and 3% paypal fee you are making like 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Amazon Marketplace has the Double Trouble Triple Pack ($19.99 normally) from $64-$79 right now from people with their virtual storefronts. Local Craigslist has been somewhere in that range (that's where I saw a lot of those $7 Kirby Epic Yarns show up for $45).

confoosius, I did indeed read you wrong. I apologize. I just don't see what is so unreasonable to asking people to not consume more than they personally need. I don't begrudge those that get lucky on a great find and I miss it. It isn't super shopping skill, it is pure luck and having time to go by at just the right time.

[quote name='Dokstarr']Not to poke the bears or anything, but I'm just wondering how much of a profit can the hoarders be making on these on eBay? The triple pack is 20 on amazon. If you sell it for like 30 like most seem to be going for after the about 15% ebay fees and 3% paypal fee you are making like 5 bucks.

It just seems like a situation where it isn't worth it. I noticed people kept mentioning the Cynder one - that one does seem to command a higher price than the rest I guess.

I think it is funny that a pretty good game series from the PS1 has now morphed into like a Pokemon game.[/QUOTE]

Yea i saw a seller on ebay with like 6 or 7 auctions of stump smash/ sonic boom combo the most any of the auctions sold for was $18 + $6.75 priority mail shipping so i dobut the guy profited anything on any of those i mean think bout it. $7.99 per figure is 16 bucks right there then u got ebay fees etc plus 6.75 priority shipping it can cost more than that if you are mailing to a farther place i would say he lost money even.

[quote name='anthonyd46']Yea i saw a seller on ebay with like 6 or 7 auctions of stump smash/ sonic boom combo the most any of the auctions sold for was $18 + $6.75 priority mail shipping so i dobut the guy profited anything on any of those i mean think bout it. $7.99 per figure is 16 bucks right there then u got ebay fees etc plus 6.75 priority shipping it can cost more than that if you are mailing to a farther place i would say he lost money even.[/QUOTE]

Not that I've been selling these, but I've been observing sellers...

Some copycat sellers are definitely losing money on these. If you go to the store and get a random character or a set that is not on high demand, it's utter nonsense at the moment.
However, there're rare characters/sets that will always turn a huge profit.

You can tell the smart sellers (selling individual rares, and rare three packs) from the idiots selling 3 sets for about $30+.

Question:

I'm fairly sure I've seen it but I can't find it at all. I need a website that actively lists the Skylanders out in the wild. I'm pretty sure I'm ONLY missing VooDood but my google-fu is failing me.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Question:

I'm fairly sure I've seen it but I can't find it at all. I need a website that actively lists the Skylanders out in the wild. I'm pretty sure I'm ONLY missing VooDood but my google-fu is failing me.[/QUOTE]

Hi i custom made a list of all of them for my 12 year old cousin you are free to use it for reference if you want just obv ignore the x's for ones she has and stars for ones she wants etc

you can always copy it into word and take the x's out and customize it for yourself i based it off some list i found buried here and just kinda fine tuned it a bit

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1zRTJVU3678fdtgES8eJLOxtVXxAcSS6IEanfdeuzLFk

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']@anthony

I really appreciate it. That confirms I'm missing 5 unreleased and 1 currently released.[/QUOTE]

Well dont forget sunburn but i think thats only gonna be avail in the adventure pack

[quote name='salty tbone']
I'm also kind of mad at myself for feeling down for not getting a $8 toy/video game accessory.

Finally, I think there should be one Skylanders deal thread since there are tips popping into multiple threads.[/QUOTE]

When I first started reading about people finding the new Skylanders out in stores, I did feel some disappointment when I couldn't find them. I really wish I could find a silver or gold one.

+1 for one Skylanders thread for finds and discussion.

[quote name='anthonyd46']Hi i custom made a list of all of them for my 12 year old cousin you are free to use it for reference if you want just obv ignore the x's for ones she has and stars for ones she wants etc

you can always copy it into word and take the x's out and customize it for yourself i based it off some list i found buried here and just kinda fine tuned it a bit

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1zRTJVU3678fdtgES8eJLOxtVXxAcSS6IEanfdeuzLFk[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this! Been meaning to pull together something similar and this is perfect to put on the iphone.

Yes, I feel the same. But the odds of finding gold and silver... honestly I'd rather just have 1 of each.

There we go. Collection completed. Ebay for Voodood at cost. It's nice. So I pay retail + shipping and VOILA.

All the Targets around me seemed to have gotten shipments for the weekend. I've been watching the stock locator for days, and the DPCIs for singles went from "Out of stock" this morning to "Available" for practically every store this afternoon.

Here are links to the stock locator (click on the DPCI). Keep in mind Target uses a general DPCI for each category. You could find a bunch of new releases or a bunch of Boomers depending on how picked over your store is.

Skylanders Adventure Pack DPCI: 207-00-0048
Skylanders 3-pack DPCI: 207-00-0047
Skylanders single figure DPCI: 207-00-0041

[quote name='jacknicklson']Man, when the hell is Amazon going to get their stock. They took orders over a week ago[/QUOTE]

Ordered mine on January 10, and it currently says:

Delivery Estimate: Friday January 27, 2012 - Friday February 3, 2012

[quote name='jacknicklson']Finally found a wind character in-store but it was in a 3 pack and I already have wrecking ball and Sonic Boom is getting delivered monday from Amazon. LOL me[/QUOTE]

I'll buy wrecking ball off you for a reasonable cost. PM me if interested

Well I went out and picked up some stuff I needed and had some free time so I checked out the skylanders for the heck of it.

FYE: starter kits
Gamestop: 1 x 3 pack with flamesinger and 1 x 3 pack with double trouble (there were supposedly 3 more sets in the back because the girl was on the phone holding it for her friend or something)
Target: 1x 3 pack with flamesinger set
Sears: starter sets
Walmart: nothing
Toys R Us: nothing
Best Buy: starter sets
Gamestop: starter sets

Well that killed some time today. Surprised how in demand they were. I've walked by the little island pedestal thing in so many stores and never even thought about them.

Just ordered from Amazon. The only 3-pack they still had left was Zap/Hex/Dino Rang, and the only single was Prism Break. Starter kits are only $50, though.

I found the Whirldwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sargent pack but I already have Whirlwind and Drill Sargent. If someone wants to PM me with a nice offer for the two together, and you live in the continental U.S., I'd much rather sell to a CAG then deal with eBay over a few bucks.

stopped at target all they had left is darklight crypt. the woman at check out said someone tried to buy their entire stock earlier in the day. she said they limit it to 3 per person.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I found the Whirldwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sargent pack but I already have Whirlwind and Drill Sargent. If someone wants to PM me with a nice offer for the two together, and you live in the continental U.S., I'd much rather sell to a CAG then deal with eBay over a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

....orrrrr you could just buy it directly from gamestop and save yourself a few bucks

http://www.gamestop.com/toys/skylan...e-trouble-drill-sergeant/98980#productDetails

Lucked out today and walked into a Target right after a restock of Skylanders figures. I grabbed both Cynders they had, one for my kids & one for my nephews. A couple of guys walked up & grabbed everything else they could get so it was cleaned out less than a half of an hour after being restocked.

It turns out my nephews are already bored of the game so I'm either going to return the figure or trade it here or something. That said, if anyone would like to trade their Legendary Chop Chop (new or used... doesn't matter) for this brand new Cynder I would gladly do so, otherwise I'll return it in a few days or so.

Anyone know if the Legendary pack is officially OOP? None of the TRUs in my area have restocked it since November, and I am starting to wonder if it's been discontinued like the Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant singles in the packaging that says "Target/Walmart exclusive" on them.

Stopped in two Targets, TRU, Wal-mart, K-Mart & BB tonight. They all had figs except WM & TRU. Target was the jackpot for someone though. They had multiple singles of Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind & Drill Sargeant. I grabbed one Cynder and left the rest(got the 3 pack of the others), hopefully, for some parent to find.

[quote name='Corvin']Stopped in two Targets, TRU, Wal-mart, K-Mart & BB tonight. They all had figs except WM & TRU. Target was the jackpot for someone though. They had multiple singles of Cynder, Double Trouble, Whirlwind & Drill Sargeant. I grabbed one Cynder and left the rest(got the 3 pack of the others), hopefully, for some parent to find.[/QUOTE]

I walked into a Target and all the shelves were full but no singles of any of the above mentioned. No triple pack either of Double Trouble, Whirlwind & Drill Sargeant:cry:

the 3 packs of whirlwind, doubletrouble, and drill sergeant and stealth elf +are in stock on gamestop.

I stupidly ordered whirlwind by mistake and I already have it. Of course, the order history doesn't work.

cynder is appearing in stock on gamestop.com but everything i add it it shows it out of stock same for whirlwind looks like chop chop is in stock though

One thing to keep in mind if you can/want to wait for Cynder is that he will appear in a triple pack for the next wave with the two new ones for that wave (Lightning Rod and Zook). Current information puts that wave coming out around Easter.

[quote name='salty tbone']I missed out on the newest shipment to my Target by minutes. I was walking in while a guy was walking out with three bags of singles. The store hadn't even put them out yet. All the new boxes that would have had Cynder/Double Trouble were empty by the register while the boxes of the Dino-Rangs/Wrecking Balls/etc. were left.

This isn't a cry for sympathy, just an observation that this Skylanders business isn't for the weak. This guy in his skin tight Earnhardt Jr. racing jacket looked intense and projected a sense of "don't even bother checking other stores, I was already there."

I'm kicking myself for not just ordering them when the Double Trouble triple pack and Cynder were available on Amazon. Hopefully in a month or two the newest ones will be common.

I'm also kind of mad at myself for feeling down for not getting a $8 toy/video game accessory.

Finally, I think there should be one Skylanders deal thread since there are tips popping into multiple threads.[/QUOTE]

Just reminds me of mcfarlane sportspicks when they were still popular and not insanely overpriced. Usually they wouldnt even make it out to the floor. But they overproduced the hell out of them and eventually almost all of them lost any value they had. Same thing will happen with these you just have to wait it out. Especially since kids are into these...they will completely lose interest when the next thing comes along soon.

[quote name='confoosious']God I hate how Gamestop pretends your credit card info is wrong when they take your order but run out of stock.[/QUOTE]

That is the worst.. I tried to order something this week and it told me I was denied and I could not order anything for 24 hours. I called them and I was told I should have a neighbor order it for me since my account information wasn't working... dummies

[quote name='kevgret']That is the worst.. I tried to order something this week and it told me I was denied and I could not order anything for 24 hours. I called them and I was told I should have a neighbor order it for me since my account information wasn't working... dummies[/QUOTE]

Sounds like GameStop. :rolleyes:

[quote name='kevgret']That is the worst.. I tried to order something this week and it told me I was denied and I could not order anything for 24 hours. I called them and I was told I should have a neighbor order it for me since my account information wasn't working... dummies[/QUOTE]

I ordered 2 three packs. The harder to find one (which I'm sure went out of stock) was cancelled. But the easy to find one (ordered with the same credit card) was filled. But according to GS, it wasn't an inventory problem (which I can understand because these things are hot) but because my credit card was at fault.

Just be honest. I'm not a child. I understand things go out of stock.

[quote name='confoosious']I ordered 2 three packs. The harder to find one (which I'm sure went out of stock) was cancelled. But the easy to find one (ordered with the same credit card) was filled. But according to GS, it wasn't an inventory problem (which I can understand because these things are hot) but because my credit card was at fault.

Just be honest. I'm not a child. I understand things go out of stock.[/QUOTE]

It may not have been a stock issue. GS.com doesn't take kindly to placing multiple orders in a short amount of time using the same credit card. There have been a number of times when I have placed 2 orders within a short time period, say 10-15 minutes apart, and either the second or both orders are cancelled. These weren't high demand items I was ordering, and I doubt it was an availability issue when it happened to me. I typically verify stock before ordering by checking how many are available using the shopping cart trick. It's the same cancellation email every time where they cite my billing information as the problem.

Well in my case, the item went out of stock right after I ordered it. And of course is the three pack that's really hard to get (as opposed to just hard to get).

I had no problems ordering from Best Buy order after order (hundreds of dollars on the same card, over like 20 orders) during their holiday rush. Or Amazon. But I guess that's just Gamestop so f em.

[quote name='confoosious']I ordered 2 three packs. The harder to find one (which I'm sure went out of stock) was cancelled. But the easy to find one (ordered with the same credit card) was filled. But according to GS, it wasn't an inventory problem (which I can understand because these things are hot) but because my credit card was at fault.

Just be honest. I'm not a child. I understand things go out of stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm seriously not knocking you or anyone else in this thread for getting into these things (I collect my share of stuff, as well), but I did laugh when I read this.

"I'm not a child." (Buys 100 Skylanders figures).

lol

So has anyone used Cynder yet? Just curious if she's decent or just the "hot new fig."

[quote name='thegame85']Only missing cynder, double trouble, and wrecking ball... *rocks back and forth in chair*[/QUOTE]

Just missing Boomer here(3DS figs excluded). So I'm good until Dragon's Peak and the next 3-pack around Easter.

Walked into target last night and they must have restocked the shelves 10 minutes before I got there. There was a customer with a cart filled with skylanders pulling every one off the rack. I had to step around him to get two (Cynder & Double Trouble). He had every other Cynder, Double trouble, Empire of Ice, Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant. This is why they are so hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back