Skylanders: Stump Smash, Sonic Boom in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='crunchewy']I think the game looks fun and everybody says it's great, but I'm not sure I want to deal with my kids begging for character X to unlock Gate Y. Even worse, that *I'd* want to get character X so I could open Gate Y. LOL. :) Just sounds like a money pit in the making. Not sure I want that even if it's fun. Still I do find it intriguing....[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is. It is a genius idea really. But if your kids aren't bugging for Skylanders, they will be bugging for some other toy, or game that will probably be more expensive. I've already given some to my son for getting all A's on his report card.. and he's suddenly gotten a lot more helpful than he normally is lol.

[quote name='barrit']I guess it just went out of stock. I checked the link again and it isn't available anymore.

I had purchased the legendary set a little before Christmas. It was out of stock at first. I signed up for their email notification and grabbed it as soon as it was available. I know you were just going to resell it, but that's an option that worked for me for others that are wanting this set.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, great idea except it didn't work for me. I signed up for a notification on this a few weeks ago - they sent me nothing today and apparently I missed it :bomb:.

[quote name='Corvin']Got in on the Legendary in time. For the kids/collection. Debated grabbing an extra to resell, but held back.[/QUOTE]

I salute you. :applause: Helping out your fellow CAGs by only taking one.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Expect a Skylanders 2 and backwards compatibility with the characters for this game along with new ones.[/QUOTE]

I expect Skylanders 2 as well, but I'm not expecting new figures, at least not a new 32. If stores have to stock 64 figures total it would get to be a bit much. Maye 8 or ten new ones. 3 in the Starter Set. 3 Adventure Packs and 4 Singles.

Maybe a level cap increase and new powers for the old figures? Maybe unlock the second path of abilities? Not sure how many more attacks they can come up with that don't start recycling projectiles.

[quote name='Corvin']Yup, and Stump completes my collection of released stuff so far, excluding the 3DS figs). Zoolerts is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Sonic Boom completed my collection. Also have The two new figures pre-ordered from Amazon.

[quote name='DonWii']Sonic Boom completed my collection. Also have The two new figures pre-ordered from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Two? I have Cynder pre-ordered, who else has been up for purchase?

I nabbed the Double Trouble, Whirlwind and Drill Sargeant the other day.

[quote name='xRemnant']If the title would of said Sonic Boom, it would of been sold out instantly. One of the elusive wind type. I'm glad to get my hand on it. I noticed it on amazon before coming here, was going to post it but since its been mentioned I'll pass.

But here is a link for convenient's sake.
http://www.amazon.com/Skylanders-Sp...28LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326933088&sr=8-1[/QUOTE]

I saw the 3 pack for that one today at Best Buy. Someone bought the whirlwind 3 pack while I was looking at some other stuff.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']I saw the 3 pack for that one today at Best Buy. Someone bought the whirlwind 3 pack while I was looking at some other stuff.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I haven't been able to find any skylanders locally. I really wanted a wind type since all the other elements can be received if you buy game expansions.

PS3, Xbox360, PC, and Wii Starter have Spyro, Trigger Happy, and Gill Grunt.
3DS Starter has Dark Spyro, Ignitor, and Stealth Elf.
Pirate Adventure has Terrafin.
Undead Adventure has Ghost Roaster.

That is 2 Lightning, Metal, Water, Fire, Earth, Life, and Death. Only Wind missing.

[quote name='Corvin']Two? I have Cynder pre-ordered, who else has been up for purchase?

I nabbed the Double Trouble, Whirlwind and Drill Sargeant the other day.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered Double Trouble. That is the second one.

[quote name='xRemnant']

That is 2 Lightning, Metal, Water, Fire, Earth, Life, and Death. Only Wind missing.[/QUOTE]

That should be:

Magic, Tech, Water, Fire, Earth, Life, & Undead

:)

Checked out Target's section while doing some grocery shopping...not a figure in sight. After we hit up the local Toys R Us and again, nothing. Guess my best bet for Wrecking Ball is Amazon getting them in stock.

I wish I knew that the silver ones were worth a lot. I saw two silver ones at a Gamestop back in November, long before I had purchased the game. I had no idea they were rare and valuable or I would have grabbed them on the spot.

[quote name='thegame85']Checked out Target's section while doing some grocery shopping...not a figure in sight. After we hit up the local Toys R Us and again, nothing. Guess my best bet for Wrecking Ball is Amazon getting them in stock.[/QUOTE]

I was just at BB in Dublin and they had the Triple Pack with Wrecking Ball in stock if that helps.

[quote name='coopscohen']I was just at BB in Dublin and they had the Triple Pack with Wrecking Ball in stock if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but Dublin's far away from me...I'm kicking myself because I saw the figure at Best Buy before Xmas and passed..then I saw it about a week ago at Toys R Us but said "I refuse to pay $9.99 for it"...now I was looking on ebay for almost double that :/. Oh well I feel like patience will pay off with these figures.

[quote name='coopscohen']Yep. Pics or it didn't happen ;)[/QUOTE]

Voila!

2012-01-19_00-15-18_548.jpg

I shrunk it down, but Photobucket keeps making it bigger. :(

EDIT: Apparently it took a minute to shrink. Now it's tiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

On another note...I noticed that Cynders reselling price is between $30 and $50 now..down from $100+ a few days ago. Hopefully more start filtering into the wild and reselling becomes non-existant.

[quote name='thegame85']Congrats!

On another note...I noticed that Cynders reselling price is between $30 and $50 now..down from $100+ a few days ago. Hopefully more start filtering into the wild and reselling becomes non-existant.[/QUOTE]

The 2 gamestop here in town each had 1, the walmart had 2 out of 6 cases. Seems they are starting to get a steady stock. Also the Walmart here does not put singles out because people are stealing them and kids are opening them to try them out on the portal, and they work on it through the package. They keep them behind the counter in the gaming dept and you have to ask to see them. Dont know if any other stores are having this problem.

[quote name='ManChowder']I wish I knew that the silver ones were worth a lot. I saw two silver ones at a Gamestop back in November, long before I had purchased the game. I had no idea they were rare and valuable or I would have grabbed them on the spot.[/QUOTE]

What are the silver ones? And why are they better or worth more?

My local Walmart and Kmart both have a ton of Skylanders packs. Bought just the starter kit for my 7 year old son for X-Mas. I wanted to make sure he enjoyed it, before dropping a bunch of money into it. We haven't even opened it yet. Find it funny he already has a "backlog". How many exspantions packs are there? I was under the impression that the pirate one, was the only one. Could someone pleade help? Sorry aboutcall the questions.

[quote name='thegame85']Congrats!

On another note...I noticed that Cynders reselling price is between $30 and $50 now..down from $100+ a few days ago. Hopefully more start filtering into the wild and reselling becomes non-existant.[/QUOTE]

People are really paying that much for these? $50 for one figure?

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']What are the silver ones? And why are they better or worth more?

My local Walmart and Kmart both have a ton of Skylanders packs. Bought just the starter kit for my 7 year old son for X-Mas. I wanted to make sure he enjoyed it, before dropping a bunch of money into it. We haven't even opened it yet. Find it funny he already has a "backlog". How many exspantions packs are there? I was under the impression that the pirate one, was the only one. Could someone pleade help? Sorry aboutcall the questions.

People are really paying that much for these? $50 for one figure?[/QUOTE]
The silver ones are just rare. Theyre randomly sold in stores. Also they look dumb. IMO they should have done this with the Legendary figures that TrU has.

And no the pirate one is just 1 of 4 adventure packs. There's also the Darklight Crypt Adventure pack, Empire of Ice, and one more to be released called Dragon's Peak.

And yes people really pay that much for them. The Whirlwind that was exclusive to Target for awhile went up to $150 at one point. The legendary 3 pack (TrU exclusive) is going for $100+ right now.

[quote name='Bleedingwickedly']What are the silver ones? And why are they better or worth more?

[/QUOTE]

They are like collector items, nothing more. The stats are exactly the same as the ordinary colored figures.

Damn - just added Prism Break and Sonic Boom is now OOS. I need to get free shipping or I'm not ordering... so I need 4 figures to be in stock at the same time or an adventure pack...

I actually landed a gold Flameslinger individually yesterday. I was very excited to find it - the guy at Gamestop actually had to show me, because I was so elated with Cynder that I didn't notice.

[quote name='Javery']Damn - just added Prism Break and Sonic Boom is now OOS. I need to get free shipping or I'm not ordering... so I need 4 figures to be in stock at the same time or an adventure pack...[/QUOTE]

Yea i agree with this i know prime pays for itself overtime but i just cant justify paying $79 for it most things i order on there are over $25 anyway plus i get most of my stuff in 2 days since it ships out of Delaware usually

[quote name='io']And just to throw a wrench in everything, there are apparently gold ones now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Gold-F...756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41618dafbc

just one of 5 auctions on eBay right now for gold Flameslinger.

Here's a gold Chop-Chop that sold for $220 shipped yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-...716?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c1487124[/QUOTE]

I'm going to laugh so hard when Activision comes out and says that there is no such thing and people are spending hundreds of dollars on rattle can paint jobs.

[quote name='Javery']I'm going to laugh so hard when Activision comes out and says that there is no such thing and people are spending hundreds of dollars on rattle can paint jobs.[/QUOTE]

They're still carded. That'd be tricky.

You mean sealed? Or does the card look different? A reseal would be easy enough to do but if the card is different then yeah that would be tough to pull off...

[quote name='PlayableMoogle']I actually landed a gold Flameslinger individually yesterday. I was very excited to find it - the guy at Gamestop actually had to show me, because I was so elated with Cynder that I didn't notice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it'd be cool to actually find a silver/gold one at random like you did, but I'm not hunting any down. That's not something I need in my life. :lol: It would be different if they actually did anything different in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back