Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

My 2 Kohls stores don't carry Skylanders. I'll be going to gamestop saturday but I'm just getting there ten minutes early. Getting Polar Whirlwind and might get a battle pack. I doubt they will be super packed for Skylanders at mine. I think it died down a lot in my area.

I could probably be one of the first 25 easily for the poster as I doubt too many people here are skylanders fans or even know about this. The toys aren't moving here and most kids even 5 year olds only want to play war games ( trust me I see this and hear this almost every day here) doesn't leave much room for much since as soon as they discover CoD they don't want to play anything else especially something like skylanders. Kind of sad. I know it's mostly my immediate area though as Skylanders has always sold well across the USA. I don't care about getting a poster though, I would probably toss it out when I got home, I will leave the poster in case someone actually wants one.

The limited edition toys are selling here, but each store gets like 5 or less of each, and I am sure some reseller is coming in and picking them all up and leaving none on the shelves.

I'll be there to get the Polar Whirlwind. The fact they are advertising those, Scarlet Ninjinis, $10 battle packs, and $40 starter packs has me a bit worried I may need to get there kind of early. I refuse to wait any more than about 30 min for this so if there are a string of people outside I'm out.

I had no interest in getting regular Shroomboom back when the game first came out and found lots of people piecing out the pack on eBay and were selling Chop Chop for $5-$7. At $10 for the whole pack you may as well get that, but getting series 2 Chop Chop and series 2 Zap is pretty cheap through eBay. You are correct that they are the only two figures besides Tree Rex that did not get a single character release. Interestingly they released Shroomboom and Hot Dog in battle packs, single packs, and even other triple packs.
I haven't actually looked for Zap or Chop Chop on eBay. I just looked, and there seem to be fewer series 2, and prices $10+ a piece. So this is definitely a better deal. Even if they were $5-$7 as you say, it would be worth it to get the battle accessory and not deal with the hassle. Plus we don't have a regular Hot Dog or Shroomboom (just Molten and LC, respectively). I've been tempted to pick these up at the $15 price that BB has had them for online using RZ certificates, but $10 is much better (although I'm a bit broke and using RZ certificates would come in handy, they aren't offering the sidekicks, or I would try to price match).

As for selling them separately compared to Shroomboom and Hot Dog, the latter two characters were new to Giants, so I guess they figured they could use separate releases, whereas Chop Chop and Zap had SSA releases (although they are harder to find).

Speaking of sidekicks, I'm now realizing that there are, at least, 4 (not counting Giants sidekicks which haven't been seen, yet). I only need 2 of the battle packs, but I'm wondering if I could pick up more and get more sidekicks, then sell or trade the battle pack somewhere else to get my money back.

I showed up at my Gamestop right before they opened this morning, and there was a little line.  5 or 6 people already there, but they had 10-12 Polar Whirlwinds.  I was able to get one for my niece and nephew, and the free poster, which is just an ad for Swap Force.  Some of the people there didn't know or care about Polar Whirlwind, they just came because there were told about a Skylanders sale.  The person working also wasn't aware of all the deals, but said the sidekicks were only free if you bought a Giant, not any Giants figure, so Polar Whirlwind didn't count.

No Polars to be found at the GS we go to.  They said they got 3 and were gone in the 1st hour of being open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I was at 2 different stores this morning. Picked up a Polar Whirlwind and the battle pack with Hot Dog in it. Each store only had 3-5 Polar Whirlwinds and were sold out pretty much immediately. Also, the amount of misinformation about the sale was astonishing. The email I got talked about getting a free sidekick with any Skylanders purchase and the first 3 people that checked out in front of me each got one with no fuss (didn't buy any giants), but when I checked out the sidekick would not ring up correctly. The manager wasn't even going to give him to me until I bitched him out about it, so he just threw it in my bag without scanning it. After that he called up corporate and found out that it was apparently a Giant only thing. Still didn't explain why the people ahead of me got one without having to buy any Giants, though.

I stopped by around 12:30 only because Ally from Austin & Ally was going to sign autographs and take photos. They had 4 out of I don't know how many they had, I stopped by again later on after two and they still had 3 left, I received an email yesterday and I'm sure others did too but I think these things have run aground again.

I spent about 70. The first store I went to I got the Polar Whirlwind and Ninjini so I could get the minifigure. I really wanted the others but had them all ready. I had Scarlet Ninjini and a special Bouncer all ready but they didn't have regular Bouncer. Went to second gamestop and the guy misinformed me that all packs were 10 dollars and came with a minifigure. So I bought all 3 of the different packs of a bunch of figures I all ready had but I really wanted the other 3 minis. He realized his mistake and gave them to me at the 30 dollar price since he quoted me that so glad I went there.

Then went to another gamestop (my friend wanted Thumpsmash and everyone had been out. There I found the battle pack with Zap in it who I didn't have for 10. At the fourth Gamestop my friend found his Thumpsmash.

I sold 5 figures for 10 total to a friend who just started Skylanders which was about 5 and will keep the other dupes for the other skill set.

Zap, Scorpion Striker(sold), Hot Dog, Prism, Lightning Rod, Drill Sergeant, Sprocket, Sonic Boom(sold), Stump(sold), Gill Grunt(sold), Flashwing, Double Trouble(sold), Polar Whirlwind, Ninjini. All for around 70ish.

I seen Ninjinis up to 1 pm and around 3 pm my time the last store I went to still had Polar Whirlwinds.

I was able to pick up a Series 2 Drobot (S2) at Walmart yesterday.

I was at one of the main Activision Gamestop events in Southlake, TX this past weekend. I was somewhat surprised that there were not more people showing up at the event. I'm guessing between 25 to 30 people were lined up as the doors were opened. I was second in line behind a gentleman and his two sons. I got there about an hour and a half early. It was fairly organized, but I didn't stick around long to see how the sales went, so I'm not sure how many Polar Whirlwinds they had. I did not notice any Scarlet Ninjini, only the standard one. Also, they had a a giant box of sidekicks. The price had to be overwritten at the register, but they had plenty and they offered the sidekick to me without asking even though I was only buying the Polar Whirlwind. However, I did have the guy change it out for the one I wanted.

Now to wait for Lightcore Hex to be release. I do hope Activision does not wait until October to release this.

Anyone know when the new Frito Lay promotion for Swap Force is going to be out this year? I suspect they will be giving away the Giant Sidekicks this time.

I was able to pick up a Series 2 Drobot (S2) at Walmart yesterday.

I was at one of the main Activision Gamestop events in Southlake, TX this past weekend. I was somewhat surprised that there were not more people showing up at the event. I'm guessing between 25 to 30 people were lined up as the doors were opened. I was second in line behind a gentleman and his two sons. I got there about an hour and a half early. It was fairly organized, but I didn't stick around long to see how the sales went, so I'm not sure how many Polar Whirlwinds they had. I did not notice any Scarlet Ninjini, only the standard one. Also, they had a a giant box of sidekicks. The price had to be overwritten at the register, but they had plenty and they offered the sidekick to me without asking even though I was only buying the Polar Whirlwind. However, I did have the guy change it out for the one I wanted.

Now to wait for Lightcore Hex to be release. I do hope Activision does not wait until October to release this.

Anyone know when the new Frito Lay promotion for Swap Force is going to be out this year? I suspect they will be giving away the Giant Sidekicks this time.
There are 4 Giants Sidekicks this time, same type of promo as before with the Frito Lay multi packs. I think this time you do everthing on-line and the packs have been showing up at some Wal-Marts already.

Lightcore Hex? I've already seen her out in the wild at GS and Target. She seems to be pretty common around here. Probably because her lights suck.

Lightcore Hex? I've already seen her out in the wild at GS and Target. She seems to be pretty common around here. Probably because her lights suck.
Unless you are in Australia, you are mistaken. Series 2 Hex is out, but the Lightcore version is not out here in the US. Series 2 has a couple skulls circling around her with her arms raised. Lightcore Hex has one arm extended to her right and her dress has a red area in the front that lights up - people refer to her as "Aunt Flo" for obvious reasons.

Unless you are in Australia, you are mistaken. Series 2 Hex is out, but the Lightcore version is not out here in the US. Series 2 has a couple skulls circling around her with her arms raised. Lightcore Hex has one arm extended to her right and her dress has a red area in the front that lights up - people refer to her as "Aunt Flo" for obvious reasons.
Nope, I'm in Kansas. It is Lightcore Hex. The only reason I checked was because her pose was different than the other two Hexes (the series 1 and 2 figs) I have. I saw her again today in my Target and they had 2 of them. I still hate the lights on her. Lamest Lightcore character besides Drobot.

I was at Krogers in North Dallas .  Frito Lay is headquartered in Plano , TX so we might be getting these quicker since they are local.

Note of caution: The website for this promotion is truly JACKED UP. My first attempt to purchase all four characters failed on the 4th one because something failed while trying to pay for it using PayPal. I don't know why they make you use PayPal, but that sucks BIG TIME.

Since the 4th one failed, the code was not useable again, so I had to go buy another bag of chips.

Thank god I bought 5 more bags, but then they would not let me get another using the same address. Luckily, I have another address to use. I tried to order a whole new set of characters for the second household, but then on the 3rd character it stated that I could not get another character using the same address. I didn't even get two different characters for the same address.

Needless to say, 14 bags later, and using some interesting tricks with different emails, phone numbers and addresses, I was able to order a full set. What a total pain in the butt.

Anyone else have a problem with the website rejecting valid orders for the same household?

Found and redeemed all eight of mine just fine. Found them at Evansville IN Target and bought 8 of them. Will be eating chips for a long time. Sent 4 to my dads and 4 to my place to give to a friend who plays but is overseas.

Went to 2 walmarts and no Skylanders I didn't have. Figured I'd check a local place near me called Book and Music exchange since I seen on facebook they had skylanders. Probably hard to see the receipt. 

33vog02.jpg

aueetc.jpg

All s1 which I didn't have.

Ghost Roaster 7.95

Warnado 7.95

Darklight Crypt 7.95

Wrecking Ball 7.95

Dino Rang 7.95

Elixer 5.95

hour glass thing 5.95

Also won this ebay auction to get my series 1 Chop Chop and another Zook because mine is missing a painted eye.

Series one Zook – Good condition

Series one Lightning Rod – Good condition

Series One Drill Sergeant – Case bent in a little, character Good Condition

Series One Ignitor – Good Condition

Series One Chop Chop – Good Condition

Series One Double Trouble – Good Condition

Series Two Flashwing – Character Only, nothing else.

Had 14 ebay bucks so only cost me 12 shipped. Going to sell my dupes to a friend for 2.50 a piece.

I was in the Super Mega Replay across from the mall over the weekend and they had a *ton* of open figures - including one of the SSA Sidekicks (Trigger Snappy)...  Might check there too.

I might check there. Are they expensive though? I thought Book and Music would be because they are on everything else. I went to Book Broker but they didn't have any.

All figures at Book and Music were 7.95 and the sidekicks little boost were 5.95.

I'll probably go check tomorrow. 

A little Giants to regulars question.  I've got Skylanders and I want to get one of every element to play it.  The only one I don't have is undead.  If I get the Giants starter with Cynder, can I use that one in regular Skylanders?

SI

TRU will be having another Skylander event on 8/18.  Don't know what the release date will be for other stores.

Gnarly Tree Rex Singles.

20130729_130633.jpg

TRU will be having another Skylander event on 8/18. Don't know what the release date will be for other stores.

Gnarly Tree Rex Singles.
Strange. I had heard that the release date was today. Some people have already seen them in stores (and it was a TRU). Of course, that doesn't mean that a store couldn't have broken street date. But holding onto them for over 2 weeks seems a bit odd. That could be the norm, though. Keep us up to date on the "Skylander event", though.

got 2 of the skylanders giants sidekicks today. ordered them the day after the promo started. Got 2 more coming but I did those 2 a week and a half after the promo started.

Looks like Gnarly Tree Rex is pictured in the 8/4 TRU ad. They should be released then, not the 18th.

Edit: Giants figures will be on sale 2 for $22. Stores may limit one Gnarly per customer as they see fit.

Not only is there a Gnarly Tree Rex being released now it seems there will also be a Pumpkin Eyebrawl and maybe a Wicked Thumpback being released around Halloween.

Not only is there a Gnarly Tree Rex being released now it seems there will also be a Pumpkin Eyebrawl and maybe a Wicked Thumpback being released around Halloween.
I didn't initially have a plan to buy either of those Giants figs, but I will happily shell out for Halloween variants.

Not only is there a Gnarly Tree Rex being released now it seems there will also be a Pumpkin Eyebrawl and maybe a Wicked Thumpback being released around Halloween.
Serious rumor! Wicked Thumpback was rumored a long time ago, and became a running joke. Pumpkin Eyebrawl has popped up on a couple of websites for pre-order (including Sears/K-mart), but there's no official word on it. There's nothing in the code of the game for them, so if they are variants, they aren't in-game variants and may only pop up as "special" (i.e. the glow-in-the-dark figs).

Barkley was delivered yesterday.  Had a USPS sticker on it that it was unsealed at some point.  Hopefully they were shipping these out with just 1 figure in the box.

I picked up a Gnarly Tree Rex at my local GameStop yesterday. They had 5 and said they'd had them since Sunday. Took a look at my surrounding GS locations last night and they also had plenty of him.

bread's done
Back