Skyrim CE (X360) is available for store pickup for $59.99 at Best Buy

[quote name='TimesTicking']What includes in the CE?
Also is the game still broken or is it completely fixed on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

The two posts above yours describe what's included. From what I hear the ps3 version has been patched. I play it on the Xbox so I really don't know.

Wish the PC version of the CE would drop to this price as well though most places seem to be out of stock on it.

I went to my Best Buy the other day they had a 360 version on the shelf but damn that box was messed up, all beat up and torn and such. They should give you a discount if they're gonna sell you something in that condition.

One of my local stores apparently have some in stock, put an order in for in-store pickup. I won't be able to get to the store until later in the week though. If the box is all beat up, I think I'll pass.

[quote name='xbox_mole']One of my local stores apparently have some in stock, put an order in for in-store pickup. I won't be able to get to the store until later in the week though. If the box is all beat up, I think I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Most of those in store are pretty mess up.

[quote name='roymustang']I went to my Best Buy the other day they had a 360 version on the shelf but damn that box was messed up, all beat up and torn and such. They should give you a discount if they're gonna sell you something in that condition.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me at my best buy. Figured I'd buy the last Xbox version anyways, and to my surprise the guy at video game counter took off 10% for the ripped box. Just had to call over the manager. Definitely ymmv though

[quote name='Flacksguy']Yeah, the statue is quite large. It's taller than the Reach statue, and nearly as wide.
I think the Artbook is the gem of the set though. It could easily be $30-$40 at a
bookstore.
The DVD is pretty good. It's you standard 'making of' DVD. I thought it was rather short however. I guess because the game is so big, I was expecting a bigger production.[/QUOTE]
Here's the making of documentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQrx5sJFm5c

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that the last batch of these were all shelf worn boxes and not straight from the warehouse.

Hence why they used a crappy bag instead of their usual boxes to ship these out. They are all sold out over here, so I ended up just throwing away the box. It was pretty damn big anyways, I probably didn't need another box just taking away closet space.

I'm not big on Artbooks but the one with this CE is amazing, it's definitely worth at least $15-20 alone.

[quote name='TimesTicking']What includes in the CE?
Also is the game still broken or is it completely fixed on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

A magical tiny pony that eats butterflies and poops sunshine...

[quote name='Wompdevil']Wish the PC version of the CE would drop to this price as well though most places seem to be out of stock on it.[/QUOTE]

It was $59.99 a little while back at Newegg but sold out quick.

The other stores seem to either be not carrying it or not marking it down sub $100.

The (digital) PC version of the game seems to be doing well on Steam still after all these months and even at full price it's still always in Steam's top 10 so maybe most stores aren't having to clearance CE for the PC version as much.

[quote name='eXiON']I'm not big on Artbooks but the one with this CE is amazing, it's definitely worth at least $15-20 alone.[/QUOTE]

+1. I've seen a lot of gaming artbooks and most are meh but this really is one of the better ones I've come across.

So I got another one of these today in the mail,
It came in a Bethesda box, with some sticker about the street date, but the corners were a little beat up, and the tape that keeps it sealed was sticking up, so it kind of looks like it's been opened.
I had intended to keep this one sealed, but I guess thats out the window now.
Oh well, it's not really that bad. The other two I have came in flawless condition, so I really can't complain.

A GS near me has this for PC at 59.99, is the PC version vastly superior? I have my gaming laptop coming in tomorrow and it's supposed to run this at high-ultra high settings...

[quote name='plus1zero']A GS near me has this for PC at 59.99, is the PC version vastly superior? I have my gaming laptop coming in tomorrow and it's supposed to run this at high-ultra high settings...[/QUOTE]

Well it's higher resolution so it will look a bit nicer but it's basically the same. The main draw for me about the PC version is the ability to use mods.

[quote name='plus1zero']A GS near me has this for PC at 59.99, is the PC version vastly superior? I have my gaming laptop coming in tomorrow and it's supposed to run this at high-ultra high settings...[/QUOTE]
If you can, always go for the PC. I only use consoles for lazy couch gaming, split screen with my wife and exclusives.

[quote name='plus1zero']A GS near me has this for PC at 59.99, is the PC version vastly superior?[/QUOTE]
I've got 130 hours in the 360 version and am playing over again on PC (25 hours or so). The PC version is vastly superior because of the ability to mod.

Vastly.

Just got the sexy elven armor mod. Looked cool on my female toon. First time in sneak and what a surprise....she's au natural

Me and my buddy grabbed the last two for 360 at our best buy today. The boxes were in the pretty bad shape but everything inside was fine. We both already owned copies so we traded them in and used the 28.50 credit towards the collectors. Ended up paying only 36.74, not to shabby for a dragon :D

[quote name='Blaster man']Tempting but that's a lot of money. Is there some kind of DLC extra in it?[/QUOTE]
nope

[quote name='capsnikerz']nope[/QUOTE]

Well then, I guess I'll wait until I can get the game for $20 then. Unless a GOTY version comes out in which case I would wait for that to be $20.

There's about 200 hours worth of things to do in this game. This CE is well worth the $60.
Plus you can still unload the statue for about $30 on eBay, or trade it to someone here on CAG.

I usually wait for games to drop in price too, but this is one case where you may want to reconsider.

[quote name='Flacksguy']There's about 200 hours worth of things to do in this game. This CE is well worth the $60.
Plus you can still unload the statue for about $30 on eBay, or trade it to someone here on CAG.

I usually wait for games to drop in price too, but this is one case where you may want to reconsider.[/QUOTE]

I checked eBay and for anyone else that reads this post, be aware that the highest auction with bids is only at $10, not $30 so I doubt you can sell the statue for $30. Don't buy this thinking you can recoup half the cost by selling that.

I have no need for a nicknack so I'm holding off until the game is 20. I have a backlog that I can play. I have no need to pay a premium.

[quote name='Blaster man']I checked eBay and for anyone else that reads this post, be aware that the highest auction with bids is only at $10, not $30 so I doubt you can sell the statue for $30. Don't buy this thinking you can recoup half the cost by selling that.

I have no need for a nicknack so I'm holding off until the game is 20. I have a backlog that I can play. I have no need to pay a premium.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, goodluck. You definitely won't see this on BF/Christmas for $20. The statue itself is really well made (besides the bottom portion). Not to mention the game + the artbook.

Check on eBay again for the Alduin Statue, http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Alduin+statue&_sacat=0&_odkw=Skyrim+CE&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1

Now that's just for the statue alone, the artbook fetches another $15-20, and then people have bought the CE of the Game for $40.

[quote name='eXiON']Yeah, goodluck. You definitely won't see this on BF/Christmas for $20. The statue itself is really well made (besides the bottom portion). Not to mention the game + the artbook.

Check on eBay again for the Alduin Statue, http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Alduin+statue&_sacat=0&_odkw=Skyrim+CE&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1

Now that's just for the statue alone, the artbook fetches another $15-20, and then people have bought the CE of the Game for $40.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info but since the CE doesn't have DLC with it, I have no desire to own it and will wait for the regular edition to be $20. Considering that it's on sale at BB next week for $35, I imagine it will be either 10 or 20 on black Friday. Even if it's not, it doesn't matter. I'm willing to wait an unlimited amount of time to play it. It will still be new and good to me, even if I don't play it for 8 years.

[quote name='eXiON']The statue itself is really well made (besides the bottom portion).[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't sell the statue, it's the highlight of the CE...
I plan to chip out a custom base for the dragon out of real solid rock, seriously:cool:

[quote name='bobartig']Picked up a PC CE from gamestop yesterday. The artbook is SWEET! The dragon is TOO BIG for my gaming swag shelf![/QUOTE]

I have a bookcase with my game stuff on it and I had to rearrange it and put the damned thing on top of the bookcase because it's just too gianormous to fit on the shelves.

[quote name='Blade3D']Mine should be delivered today, see how it turned out.[/QUOTE]

Haha when I wrote this I decided to check and it had been delivered already. The sleeve was ripped and what not, but everything inside was fine which is all I care about.

Picked up the one from GS today, about to install it after Starcraft 2 and Battlefield 3 ;)

Well, I installed Battlefield 3, then had a 4GB update...good times -_-

Oh man why must I be tempted so much? I bought this game last year and loved it but do I really need a Dragon statue?? Hmmm decisions decisions.

Got mine last night. Only one of the corners of the box was kinda iffy, but everything inside was great. The dragon is definitely the highlight and I had to rearrange the figures and statues on my entertainment center to make room for it and made some adjustments *opened up my Return of the King dvd gift set edition, and put the castle of gondor in front of the Skyrim dragon. Looks boss.*

Totally worth it. Now to sell my soul to skyrim.

I was a bit worried that my order wouldn't get filled. I picked ship to store after the website restocked the 360 version. Two days ago I got an email saying that my order had been delayed and that it might get canceled. But then yesterday I got the email saying it was ready to be picked up.

It was in great condition. Just some very minor wear on the corners of the sleeve, but great condition for being shifted around over six months. Thanks OP, and Best Buy.

[quote name='Apostle22']Some came back in stock at my local best buy and i just bought it online with store pickup.[/QUOTE]

Same here today for me! The statue and art book are very nice.

Traded in a bunch of crap at BB today and the guy told me that he just got some Skyrim CE's they're selling for $60. I honestly have no interest in Skyrim, and I can always borrow it from a friend if I want, but figured I'd share.

This is of course YMMV assuming your store actually has them. I was there last Thursday and they didn't, then today he said they got 8 in.

Maybe add the YMMV part into the title, but for anyone can get in on this that is a solid price. Skyrim is well worth the prices it is sitting and if you like "collector's items" then that's a good price for it.

[quote name='El Toro Fuerte']I actually picked one up yesterday. Worth it now even if you have a copy of Skyrim and you like collectors editions. Can trade old game in right now for $34

You can use this link to search for BB around you that have CE's[/QUOTE]

sadly, one can't search for the PS3 version anymore, which is of course the one I'm looking for...

Two of my stores magically got more in stock also. I ordered one on Saturday for in-store pickup and bought it today after doing some trade-ins. The box is in mint condition unlike the beat up ones I saw at the store weeks ago.

I'm kind of scared to start playing it because I know I'll get addicted. I've never really played a full fledged RPG, but I know it will suck me in and I'll be hooked.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Two of my stores magically got more in stock also. I ordered one on Saturday for in-store pickup and bought it today after doing some trade-ins. The box is in mint condition unlike the beat up ones I saw at the store weeks ago.

I'm kind of scared to start playing it because I know I'll get addicted. I've never really played a full fledged RPG, but I know it will suck me in and I'll be hooked.[/QUOTE]
Your life is not complete until you get addicted to RPGs...

[quote name='TooPoor']Your life is not complete until you get addicted to RPGs...[/QUOTE]

somehow i feel that statement isnt accurate lol

Not a CAG deal at all, but sellers on amazon have this for around $90 for 360 and ps3. I hope these aren't best buy flippers because after amazon charges and the cost of shipping this giant box, they will be lucky to break even.

bread's done
Back