Skyrim CE (X360) is available for store pickup for $59.99 at Best Buy

Skyrim CE has the biggest Artbook in terms of sheer size (not just pages) ive ever seen in my gaming life...its defintely worth the $$$ IMHO.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Two of my stores magically got more in stock also. I ordered one on Saturday for in-store pickup and bought it today after doing some trade-ins. The box is in mint condition unlike the beat up ones I saw at the store weeks ago.

I'm kind of scared to start playing it because I know I'll get addicted. I've never really played a full fledged RPG, but I know it will suck me in and I'll be hooked.[/QUOTE]

Like me with Ratchet & Clank! Now, they are releasing a billion different ones this year! ...Ok, an HD remake collection IN 3D!!!!! and the new PSN exclusive!!!!:whee:

I searched endlessly on bestbuy's store tracker when this thing dropped to see if my store had any in stock and it would always say unavailable. When I went to trade-in my games today I saw they had two CE's right next to the PS3 demo booth and picked one up right away. The statue is great, the artbook is amazing and there is the making of dvd. Just because the stock locator says unavailable it doesn't mean they might not have some in the back somewhere. Totally worth the money

SKU# for the PS3 version: 3244767

Right now the BB website is down for maintenance, but when it comes back up you can do the SKU swap trick and make a stock locator link using the SKU above.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']SKU# for the PS3 version: 3244767

Right now the BB website is down for maintenance, but when it comes back up you can do the SKU swap trick and make a stock locator link using the SKU above.[/QUOTE]

Why thank you, sir

picked one up myself on Sunday. Funny thing was, I've seen it at my two regular stores, at both the boxes were destroyed enough to make me pass. Then when i popped in a couple days ago, there sitting on the shelf was a 360 copy in almost perfect condition (it had been open, but everything intact, the tape was just sticking up on both sides of the top) so I grabbed it up. This store also rec'd (2) copies of Max Payne 3 CE for 360 a week after launch, which was strange b/c I bought the only one they could sell out of two they got on release day. Maybe BB tracks which stores sell what and the fist to sell out get more copies? IDK, but it worked for me. Glad I got the Skyrim CE, now to find time to play it and get the 200mb Kinect patch for it..

Most likely they were not actually open.
The tape has a hard time sticking to the surface of the box top. I've pulled at least two straight from the shipping carton that had the tape sticking up.
Plus, when you pull up on that little plastic handle, it tends to pop the tape also. So there is a good chance your CE was never actually open.

I'll try calling and asking if any stores have it (not to price check though, I'm not that dumb). The website says only one in the state has it and that one is 2 hours away. The closest store is an hour though, so I can't just swing by.
If one does, I have got some stuff to trade in that would make the CE either $10 or free.

[quote name='Flacksguy']Most likely they were not actually open.
The tape has a hard time sticking to the surface of the box top. I've pulled at least two straight from the shipping carton that had the tape sticking up.
Plus, when you pull up on that little plastic handle, it tends to pop the tape also. So there is a good chance your CE was never actually open.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. I received two CE from BB, both shipped in carton sealed with Do Not Display Until 11-11-2011 sticker, so they are 100% brand new. When I opened the box, one of the two top stickers on the box was sticking up, I noticed the adhesive on the tape is not strong at all. I have seen many boxes in BB where either 1 or both top stickers were sticking up, but doesn't necessarily mean they've been opened or tampered with. Also, the outer sleeve is a horrible fit for the box. It's loose and a bit too tall, so the sticker can easily become undone simply by moving the box around.

Two were at my store sitting on the counter at the gaming section where you trade in/pay. I didn't check the price though...

Honestly this CE was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. I LOVED the game (1000/1000'ed it) but I was hoping for something more from the CE. It had been so long since an ES game came out (well, pretty long anyway...not Diablo 3 long but like 5 years) I was hoping for some more fan service.

I was hoping for some fun stuff like a plush mudcrab, a bottle of "skooma", an Umbra sword (maybe letter opener?)...stuff like that. Not another huge statue that I have NO PLACE to put but in the back room hidden forever. Now maybe if/when we finally move and I can have a more dedicated gaming room I'd sing a different tune, but still...

[quote name='JKSonic']Two were at my store sitting on the counter at the gaming section where you trade in/pay. I didn't check the price though...

Honestly this CE was one of the biggest disappointments of the year for me. I LOVED the game (1000/1000'ed it) but I was hoping for something more from the CE. It had been so long since an ES game came out (well, pretty long anyway...not Diablo 3 long but like 5 years) I was hoping for some more fan service.

I was hoping for some fun stuff like a plush mudcrab, a bottle of "skooma", an Umbra sword (maybe letter opener?)...stuff like that. Not another huge statue that I have NO PLACE to put but in the back room hidden forever. Now maybe if/when we finally move and I can have a more dedicated gaming room I'd sing a different tune, but still...[/QUOTE]
Agreed, I just couldn't say no to the statue though. Now the huge box.. let's just say I'm glad it was all beat up because otherwise I have no idea where I'd put it, and I would've felt kinda bad throwing away a brand new looking box away. That box was pretty damn huge.

Forgive me for not being spun up on Best Buy's policies, but I just found a store that has it for $99.99. BB price matches their own store and website I believe, but is this a clearance item? Would they match it?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Forgive me for not being spun up on Best Buy's policies, but I just found a store that has it for $99.99. BB price matches their own store and website I believe, but is this a clearance item? Would they match it?[/QUOTE]

were you going by a shelf tag or did you have it scanned? I would definitely try the later b/c it should be $59.99 non-clearance at all stores..

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Forgive me for not being spun up on Best Buy's policies, but I just found a store that has it for $99.99. BB price matches their own store and website I believe, but is this a clearance item? Would they match it?[/QUOTE]

It's $59.99 in several nearby BB, and on their website. Have someone scan and check the price.

Thanks guys. I figured it was probably a clearance price. I spoke to a woman in the phone and she said $99. She was gone a while, so I am assuming she walked over and looked at the sticker.
About to leave to go pick it up for $10 after some trades.

Hell the store closest to where I work shows available on the 360 one. I'm almost tempted to go get it, trade in the game, and pick up the PC version to play.

This isn't available for shipping anymore though. After adding to cart, you have to choose a store to pick it up at.

So title should be changed if these threads just got merged.

Culver City mall store just received another shipment of these for PS3 and X360. They might be up at the front in customer service/store pickup (ask for Andrea and/or tell them the gaming employee said they were up here), as well as a couple of them including a PC one on the shelves in the gaming section.

Found one in store that was in pretty good shape. Slight damage to the outer box from the anti-theft device, but otherwise perfect. I can trade in the game for ~$35 as long as the 100% bonus trade in holds up, and sell the map and making of DVD on eBay for something. All in all, I can't complain.

I am having a hard time perching my dragon on his stone. For starters, he's sharp as heck. And the paper guide is largely worthless for figuring out placement. Any suggestions/guides? I googled for images of correct perching, but couldn't find any useful pics.

[quote name='dkl415']Found one in store that was in pretty good shape. Slight damage to the outer box from the anti-theft device, but otherwise perfect. I can trade in the game for ~$35 as long as the 100% bonus trade in holds up, and sell the map and making of DVD on eBay for something. All in all, I can't complain.

I am having a hard time perching my dragon on his stone. For starters, he's sharp as heck. And the paper guide is largely worthless for figuring out placement. Any suggestions/guides? I googled for images of correct perching, but couldn't find any useful pics.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't snap into place or anything, it just sort of sits there.

scaled.php

Yeah, the feet don't really sit very well on the stone.
However I have noticed that over time it looks like the weight of the Dragon is slowly moving the feet closer to position.
I just made sure to rest the 'fingers' of the wings correctly on the perch. You may have to gently pry them a little, but they should at least fit better than the feet.

Edit-Motoki beat me to it with a pic

IMO yes. The game provides tons of hours of gameplay, the artbook is the best ive ever seen in a CE and the dragon statue is enormous and very detailed. Totally worth it for 59.99.

[quote name='themidnighter23']explain[/QUOTE]
That is whats called a Snappy Answer to a Stupid Question lol (Mad Magazine reference)

i couldn't do it. the extras are a pvc dragon statue, an artbook, and a making of dvd.
maybe its just me not caring for artbooks or not having a place for the statue.

you can get the regular version of the game for 34.99 at bestbuy i believe

Had Skyrim for the 360 Already but liked the extras - wanted the Making of on Blu-Ray so got the PS3 edition. Traded in the disk only for $34 with the Extra TIV so to me the extras are very nice for $29 ($24 dif + Tax on the $60 original purchase). I figure dragon $15, art book $10, making of $4. I can see however if a person doesn't like those things than might as well just get the base game...

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Should i get it guys? My BB has 3 CE's available but idk if i should apend the extra 25. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

For an extra 25 you get a statue, artbook, and bonus DVD. I would say its worth it.

Well it's not really a hard choice is it? Do you like skyrim enough that you want to pay the extra $25 for the bonus dvd/artbook/statue? The artbook is really well made/ the dragon is plastic but really well detailed/ the making of dvd has a lot of content. It's just wether you want them enough but surely it's worth $25.

Well I had a CE and the artbook was cool as was the statue and I do like the CE case the game is in. However, that $25 could go towards the Dawnguard expansion. There is one left at my BB but I just cant spend the extra cause I no its just more junk Ill have lying around.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']Should i get it guys? My BB has 3 CE's available but idk if i should apend the extra 25. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I think the artbook alone is worth close to the extra $25. It is one of the best looking artbook I've seen. Very well made.

[quote name='The Buffmuffin']I would also like to add that all three are in perfect condition[/QUOTE]

Then that's another plus one! Well, if you're an OCD collector and care about boxes. My local Best Buy had one, but the box was so beat to S*** that I didn't want to buy it.

[quote name='cag1000']hmmm probably no chance of this going lower and still being on the shelf by then?[/QUOTE]

Anything is possible but I don't think so. As far as CEs go this is one of the nicer ones IMHO.

If any of the 3 versions were to go lower, my money would be on the PS3 one. I highly doubt the 360 or PC versions will get any lower.

Saw one of these today for :360: that was in perfect condition, very rare as all others that I have seen look beat to hell. Don't really plan on playing it so I passed.

[quote name='Motoki']Anything is possible but I don't think so. As far as CEs go this is one of the nicer ones IMHO.

If any of the 3 versions were to go lower, my money would be on the PS3 one. I highly doubt the 360 or PC versions will get any lower.[/QUOTE]I agree. I dont see as many of these out in the wild anymore, like I did 3 months ago. They seem to be selling just fine at this price, not saying you wont be able to find a xbox/pc version on a shelf 6 months from now for half the price.

[quote name='violentfox']i couldn't do it. the extras are a pvc dragon statue, an artbook, and a making of dvd.
maybe its just me not caring for artbooks or not having a place for the statue.

you can get the regular version of the game for 34.99 at bestbuy i believe[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, and I've already said numerous times (maybe even earlier in this thread, not sure) I was sorely disappointed with the CE. I don't know, I was just hoping for more fanfare. The artbook is cool I guess but how about a "history of Tamriel" book? Bottle of skooma? Plush mudcrab?

And like you, I just have no place for a statue. Maybe at some point when I have a more dedicated gaming room...but not now.

Looked online for pickup at my local midland, mi store and it said there wasnt any....took a bunch of crap to trade in for the 100% and to my surprise there was one 360 copy left! They said they just brought it from the back. Wish I woulda had my original skyrim on me to trade in. Bought it anyway, for a fan of the games I would say the statue is worth it alone! Looks awesome sitting next to my helghast helmet. Lol.

Ended up grabbing one for the xbox from my local BB (last one on the shelf). I have a plat for the ps3 version already and was planning on trading the xbox game in and keeping the rest of the CE stuff. I decided to see how it compared to my ps3 version and was surprised at the graphics difference. I will be trading in the ps3 version instead.

Needless to say I will be making a new character on the xbox version and it looks like I will be purchasing the DLC for that system instead.

Finally picked up a copy at BB today! Traded in the vanilla edition and a few other games, paid for with store credit. Guy taking my trades was a Skyrim fan too and very sad to see the CE go (last one in the store) but said he had done the same thing. Box was slightly nicked but the contents look to be in excellent shape!

bread's done
Back