Skyrim Collector's Edition (Xbox 360, Playstation) $60 In Store Pick Up Only @BestBuy

[quote name='Brother Daz']Guess I need to run to bb tomorrow and get a adjustment for the copy I got today. Hopefully the price stays.[/QUOTE]
The price should stay, its not a sale price. Looks like a permanent price drop.

Had a $50 giftcard that i got for my birthday a few months back plus a $5 rewards zone coupon so i couldn't resist! Been waiting for this to drop in price.

wow. i missed last $60 deal from newegg because i had to brush my teeth for 5 mins, and now i caught this $60 deal from bb right after getting drunk after work.
thx op!!!

Glad I have some BB credit to use. Not expecting the box to be in great shape, but hopefully everything else inside is ok.

At that price, I just couldn't pass up the Skyrim CE. I've been enjoying the heck out of the game since release, and have been wanting those CE items since, especially the artbook.

Thanks OP!

To bad Skyrim is not for the PC in this deal. It is 170 or so on Amazon.com. I guess it sold better than the console versions.

[quote name='sendme']To bad Skyrim is not for the PC in this deal. It is 170 or so on Amazon.com. I guess it sold better than the console versions.[/QUOTE]

^ This is correct. The PC CE for Skyrim has by far had the highest resale value. I'm not sure if it is because it had a smaller print number or because the game is that much better on PC.

Its pretty awful that I'm actually considering this. I have the credit but I already had Skyrim and didn't really love it. I know I wont play the game cause I'm currently playing Witcher 2, Prototype 2 and about to finish the Darkness 2 and Max Payne is coming out tomorrow. But the extras look really nice which is the only reason I'm considering it. Think I will use some self control though and save my credit and pass on this.

[quote name='Murderstorm']I bought it yesterday and the price dropped! Can I get the difference returned? this sucks![/QUOTE]

Yup. I believe so. I think everyone can get it for 30 days and rz silver members get 45 days. But I could be wrong it may only be rz members who get to. Google is your friend

[quote name='Murderstorm']I bought it yesterday and the price dropped! Can I get the difference returned? this sucks![/QUOTE]

I bought one yesterday too. Just go back with your receipt and they'll refund you the difference.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']What is wrong with me? I already own Skyrim on PS3 and Steam and I am seriously considering buying the CE version[/QUOTE]

Trade in your old copy, and you'll get it cheaper? I really want that stupid dragon.

[quote name='juzzak1dd']Picked up Skyrim CE and Gears 3 CE... I need to stop checking this site.[/QUOTE]

lol I feel the same way!

[quote name='LazyTriangle']What is wrong with me? I already own Skyrim on PS3 and Steam and I am seriously considering buying the CE version[/QUOTE]

Nothing at all.
You'll get $30 to trade in a copy of Skyrim from Best Buy right now, so thats $30 for the Dragon and Artbook. And let me tell you, that Artbook is almost worth it by itself.

Well, to start, you own the PS3 version of Skyrim, which is reportedly a pile of crap.

[quote name='keine']Well, to start, you own the PS3 version of Skyrim, which is reportedly a pile of crap.[/QUOTE]

actually I played well over 100hrs of Skyrim on PS3 and aside from a couple of minor issues I haven't had any problems with it at all, the only reason I stopped playing was because my PS3 died (YLOD) hence why I got the PC version

[quote name='keine']Well, to start, you own the PS3 version of Skyrim, which is reportedly a pile of crap.[/QUOTE]

The stuttering issue with large save files was fixed several patches ago. Otherwise it's about as bad as you'd expect a console Bethesda game to be.

I'm going to have to trade in my PS3 regular Version for 30ish bucks and bite on this version. My fiance is against me purchasing anything of this size, no room in our NYC apartment... But.... I.... Can't..... Resist!

yep, I'll be doing instore pickup on the PS3 version and flipping it back to BB immediately, keeping the statue and artbook. Thanks for the heads up.

Wack ass CE. First the box was all beat up but I didn't mind. I got the ps3 one and was expecting a ps3 case but got like PC case with the game, bonus disc, Pre-order map, and manuel. Lame, The art book was pretty beat up as and the statue I'm toss in the trash,

[quote name='j.t']Wack ass CE. First the box was all beat up but I didn't mind. I got the ps3 one and was expecting a ps3 case but got like PC case with the game, bonus disc, Pre-order map, and manuel. Lame, The art book was pretty beat up as and the statue I'm toss in the trash,[/QUOTE]

That's why I checked the goods before I left the parking lot. Box was a bit beat up but the security stickers were intact and all of the goodies were in mint condition.

[quote name='bob330i']That's why I checked the goods before I left the parking lot. Box was a bit beat up but the security stickers were intact and all of the goodies were in mint condition.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind beat up artbook but I'm a lil bummed about not having a PS3 case.

[quote name='j.t']Wack ass CE. First the box was all beat up but I didn't mind. I got the ps3 one and was expecting a ps3 case but got like PC case with the game, bonus disc, Pre-order map, and manuel. Lame, The art book was pretty beat up as and the statue I'm toss in the trash,[/QUOTE]

What u mean by a ps3 case?
None of the CE had the case, but only in the cardboard box.

The artbook and stuff shouldnt be beaten up unless it was open by someone else to look at and then later throw around in the box.

Newegg had it for $60 too in Mint.

[quote name='The Punisher']What u mean by a ps3 case?
None of the CE had the case, but only in the cardboard box.

The artbook and stuff shouldnt be beaten up unless it was open by someone else to look at and then later throw around in the box.

Newegg had it for $60 too in Mint.[/QUOTE]

As in I would rather have the regular PS3 case instead of a cardboard box and the artbook cover was nick a little bit. Some scratches and whatnot but the pages are not bend or anything just the cover is a lil beat up.

[quote name='j.t']I got the ps3 one and was expecting a ps3 case but got like PC case with the game, bonus disc, Pre-order map, and manuel. [/QUOTE]

Mine didn't have a manuel, but it did have a pedro

Yea .. Skyrim for $60 .. already for pick up .. woot .. thx OP .. been wanting this ever since my lil bro dig into me about his dragon .. which I have to say its pretty sweet ^_^

I think that you should order it now and ensure you get it at $60 and you can choose shipping to store and you "should" get a pristine copy if it shipped from their warehouse. I did this for the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition and my box and contents were immaculate. Not a single dent and I couldn't be happier and have done this for numerous items.

I think shipping to store is all handled by Best Buy so they take care of their merchandise, but if you choose ship to home, then a third party gets involved and that is where damage is more likely to happen. However, I have done that in the past and have been very fortunate as well. If you do select to pickup in store (if that store has available copies), then you are at the mercy of the items in whatever condition that they are in (as is) from their store floors. Since shipping to store is free, I think that is the better method to go with Collector's Editions. If it is a standard game, then I would pickup in store for that afternoon, which is the better choice than waiting.

All of my local Best Buys have beat up CEs if they have been on the floor for a few weeks and many have that stupid security tie wrap that cuts into the boxes (like SF vs. Tekken, Soul Calibur 5, Prototype 2). If it is shipped from their warehouse, that won't even be an issue. I say get the game now and use the shipping to store option if that is available? I know some of my local stores have this version of Skyrim CE already available and the boxes are so beat to crap that they couldn't give those copies away.

If you buy today and the CE drops again (unlikely so soon) in the next 30 or 45 days depending on if you are a Silver Member, you can always price match. If you are waiting for Amazon to price match this, I say don't hold your breath and miss out. They never did price match GOW3:EE and now Best Buy only has stock available for that game for in store pickup, which few stores have available and if they do, who knows how beat up they are. Amazon is notorious for not price matching CE in a timely manner if at all so if you wait for them that could be a while. JMHO

[quote name='j.t']As in I would rather have the regular PS3 case instead of a cardboard box and the artbook cover was nick a little bit. Some scratches and whatnot but the pages are not bend or anything just the cover is a lil beat up.[/QUOTE]

I think the book is supposed to have those little nicks and marks. Mine has them and do do the ones in the unboxing video.

[quote name='j.t']As in I would rather have the regular PS3 case instead of a cardboard box and the artbook cover was nick a little bit. Some scratches and whatnot but the pages are not bend or anything just the cover is a lil beat up.[/QUOTE]
My art book has a little nick on the cover also. Everything was brand new so I know it wasn't opened. It's not a bad nick and almost gives it some character.

I'm also disappointed with the case. You'd think all collectors editions would come with a better case. Oh well at least it's better than the case for the arkham city CE

EDIT-didn't notice junkies post above mine. Guess its the norm.

Woot skyrim ce for 34 bucks. Traded in my original skyrim copy for 31 I suggest everyone do the same before the tiv drops thanks op

Does this come with any DLC or online pass?

I don't have skyrim just bought a used copy for $30.

To confirm, the only difference is that the CE comes with the dragon and artbook?

Thanks

[quote name='joogle']Does this come with any DLC or online pass?

I don't have skyrim just bought a used copy for $30.

To confirm, the only difference is that the CE comes with the dragon and artbook?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
No dlc or online pass. There is a second DVD in the case, not sure what's on it yet.

Thanks for that info, wondering if it's worth it at $60 or if i should keep my used copy for $30 that i just bought

[quote name='Brother Daz']No dlc or online pass. There is a second DVD in the case, not sure what's on it yet.[/QUOTE]

The Artbook is supposed to have that worn look, like it's the book you find in that first dungeon.
I wasn't happy that it didn't come with a regular game case either, but that seems to be becoming the norm lately. I just made up my own, with an old case and a printout of the cover insert.

bread's done
Back