Skyrim Collector's Edition (Xbox 360, Playstation) $60 In Store Pick Up Only @BestBuy

Decided to grab one with instore pick up. Not sure I'll even get to it with Diablo coming out tomorrow but at least I can hold on to it and contemplate. Thanks for the heads up.

just got INCREDIBLY lucky. my local store was out of 360 version but a store 15 minutes up the highway had several. i got there and the boxes were all slightly frayed at the end (the cover sleeve is not durable). i asked if they had any others and they said no but offered me 10 dollars off of any unit they had. i picked the least frayed and went to check out. i told the guy the price and he looked shocked but scanned it and sure enough it was 59.99. at this point he said he had to check with management for the discount. management approved and dropped it to 49.99. i also had a 10 dollar reward cert so i nabbed mine for 39.99 +tax. if you want to try this discount it was given at the beavercreek location near wright states campus in Dayton, OH. hope everyone gets as lucky as i did!

Picked up a Skyrim CE after Skyrim trade for ~25. Not really interested in the dragon if anyone wants it I'm willing to trade or sell. PM offers.

It's utterly nonsense that BB simply doesn't offer shipping of any kind on certain items. Okay, I'd understand if some things wouldn't work for free shipping, but they refuse to even offer any sort of shipping?

Awesome deal, but I'm fucked on it. Been looking for the Skyrim CE for a good price for ages; but there's no BB where I live.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's utterly nonsense that BB simply doesn't offer shipping of any kind on certain items. Okay, I'd understand if some things wouldn't work for free shipping, but they refuse to even offer any sort of shipping?

Awesome deal, but I'm fucked on it. Been looking for the Skyrim CE for a good price for ages; but there's no BB where I live.[/QUOTE]

I thought people had reported ordering it online through Best Buy. My guess is they either ran out or (more likely) they cut the online orders off at a certain point. Otherwise I may be mistaken and it might just have been people using in-store pickup. Either way sorry to hear that you are not able to capitalize on the deal.

Well, it says "Free Shipping" on one part of the page, but that's basically a short list saying that "These offers are on our site... sometimes". Above those it says "Not available for shipping".

It's just really stupid, because I'd gladly pay for shipping at this price, but there isn't even the option. Bad business.

[quote name='Idiotekque']It's utterly nonsense that BB simply doesn't offer shipping of any kind on certain items. Okay, I'd understand if some things wouldn't work for free shipping, but they refuse to even offer any sort of shipping?

Awesome deal, but I'm fucked on it. Been looking for the Skyrim CE for a good price for ages; but there's no BB where I live.[/QUOTE]

ummm they just ran out of stock in their warehouse.

it was available for shipping earlier.

Picked up mine today. Unsurprisingly, the slipcover is tattered and the security tape was worn, but the contents inside are mint. Even saw a :360: AC: Brotherhood CE there too but I already have the :ps3: version.

[quote name='karyadi']Mass Effect 2 and.. oh wait.. Mass Effect 2 is no longer sold in BBY. Any other good titles guys? :\[/QUOTE]

They'll selling ME2 now. I just went in on Sunday and they had a dozen copies on the shelf. Of course these were conveniently gone when they had the coupon for it a while back.....

[quote name='frogkopf']They'll selling ME2 now. I just went in on Sunday and they had a dozen copies on the shelf. Of course these were conveniently gone when they had the coupon for it a while back.....[/QUOTE]

Was it platinum hits?

Dammit, really want this now... I still have a copy of Skyrim... I could trade it in so and a couple other games so I didn't have to pay any out of pocket.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I really want this at $60, but still tempted to see if it'll go cheaper...[/QUOTE]you got 30/45 days to pm it or return it fully it's no risk.

[quote name='TooPoor']Waiting for shipping confirmation, if the price drops in the near future i will probably punch myself.[/QUOTE]^^^

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='frogkopf']They'll selling ME2 now. I just went in on Sunday and they had a dozen copies on the shelf. Of course these were conveniently gone when they had the coupon for it a while back.....[/QUOTE]

360 or PS3? I was over at my Best Buy, didn't find any.

Newegg did Skyrim for $60 with free shipping a couple of months ago. They still have some in stock it looks like so if you missed this, you might see Newegg do a sale again.

After reading about some of the Skyrim CE box conditions I'm glad I managed to score one from Newegg a few weeks back cause that box was pristine.

Ordered when it had free shipping last night, still havent got shipping confirmation, anybody else have confirmation yet?

[quote name='TooPoor']Ordered when it had free shipping last night, still havent got shipping confirmation, anybody else have confirmation yet?[/QUOTE]

I ordered last night as well and got my shipping confirmation around noon today...

[quote name='GamerDude316']so after trading in the vanilla I'd be out $40 for this. Store pickup right near my gf's work so I will get tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Vanilla should trade in for $31.50 after automatic 50% promo at BB so you'll be out even less...

The PC version is also $59.99. Apparently it was $99.99 this morning, but it rang up just now at $59.99. The employee in the gamer section at the Culver City mall location put the last one at his kiosk (exterior beat to shit of course); not sure if he's planning on picking it up himself.

That store has 2 of the X360 versions left but it looks like they are being pulled for store pickup orders. Only Rosecrans/Lawndale, Hawthorne, Compton, Woodland Hills, and Signal Hill stores have it available for in store pick up presently in L.A., and PS3 is gone everywhere in L.A. (you'll have to physically check in store as they are 'unavailable' at every location)

Last edited by a moderator:
So cal in the I.e. don't bother. All gone. Lol. If anyone sees one for either system let me know. One for pc at the rancho store on shelf FYI.

[quote name='karkyco']The PC version is also $59.99. Apparently it was $99.99 this morning, but it rang up just now at $59.99. The employee in the gamer section at the Culver City mall location put the last one at his kiosk (exterior beat to shit of course); not sure if he's planning on picking it up himself.

That store has 2 of the X360 versions left but it looks like they are being pulled for store pickup orders. Only Rosecrans/Lawndale, Hawthorne, Compton, Woodland Hills, and Signal Hill stores have it available for in store pick up presently in L.A., and PS3 is gone everywhere in L.A. (you'll have to physically check in store as they are 'unavailable' at every location)[/QUOTE]

I was at the Woodland Hills BB yesterday. Saw 2 copies for X360 on the shelf. Both not sealed, but in acceptable condition looking from the outside.

2 left :ps3: at the Hartsdale, NY store. They are all in pretty beat up condition including the one I got hey, it's complete.

Unfortunately, I did not see a :360: or PC version in stock.

im so torn whether to buy a used Skyrim or not. I have my GCU discount plus the $10 off coupon, so it'd come out to a little over $30ish, but i have Witcher 2 to start playing and Rage to beat.

Only thing I would want Skyrim for again is to get the last 310 GS i need and for the upcoming expansion. I feel like this is all my backlog fetish talking though :roll:

Saw 1 for the 360 on the floor at Best Buy, box looked like it was used to play soccer. Asked the guy if he had anymore, and they had 2 more on the back on a top shelf. He got the ladder and brought them down for me. The other 2 were in decent shape, but ultimately I passed. I am pretty anal when it comes to the condition of my games. Especially collector's editions.

On a side note, I picked up the Madden HOF edition for $19.99 while I was there. Is it really necessary for Best Buy to put the obnoxious "We Trade in Games" sticker on the game?

Nice find on the GameStop prices, but I'd imagine those are long gone from stores now. The three near me didn't have any for 360, PS3, or PC in stock. These sold pretty well and pretty quickly...

If anyone could pick a PC one up from GameStop though, that's major profit. Those are going for $150-200 these days.

I'll echo what most people have said; the two copies for XBox at the Best Buy I went two were pretty rough, slipcovers were torn halfway down and all of the tape on the sides was unstuck. Everything on the inside was there and in good shape when I got my store pickup copy home. Probably not worth getting from there if you're looking for a copy to save or resell, but good enough for me to use.

[quote name='Idiotekque']If anyone could pick a PC one up from GameStop though, that's major profit. Those are going for $150-200 these days.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, but shipping them out is gonna be a major hassle. If I could get at least $150 cash for them on craigslist though...

[quote name='karkyco']Hmmm, but shipping them out is gonna be a major hassle. If I could get at least $150 cash for them on craigslist though...[/QUOTE]

Yeah... you'd need a freaking huge box.

Is the PC version worth more due to a smaller number made?

[quote name='parkerpic']Yeah... you'd need a freaking huge box.

Is the PC version worth more due to a smaller number made?[/QUOTE]

Not sure... I would guess that the PC version is more popular because of all of the cool mods?

Thanks OP scored the best gaming deal of my life Skyrim collecters $60, Gears of War 3 Collectors $60, Prototype 2 $40, then used @gamer new member coupon for buy two new get one $39.99 free, then used $60 GC. Grand total $68 for two collectors and a relatively new game. Sex doesn't feel as good as saving that much.

[quote name='Death by Kuvasz']Thanks OP scored the best gaming deal of my life Skyrim collecters $60, Gears of War 3 Collectors $60, Prototype 2 $40, then used @gamer new member coupon for buy two new get one $39.99 free, then used $60 GC. Grand total $68 for two collectors and a relatively new game. Sex doesn't feel as good as saving that much.[/QUOTE]
I like counting my saved money while having sex.

bread's done
Back