Slick's Wrestling Thread

[quote name='cdubb1605']did anyone else forget there was a PPV tonight?[/quote]

Nah its just more fun trying to pretend that there isn't one.

I've been too busy tinkering around with Media Portal
... and trying to forget the NE Revs loss to RSL, the Celtics loss to the Bulls, and the Galaxy tie with Colorado
that I actually did forget about the PPV.

Was gonna post here in case everyone else forgot, looks like I was beat to it.

So who else has their money on a Shane heel turn?

Here's a match listing:
WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP:
Last Man Standing Match
John Cena (c) vs. Edge

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP:
HHH (c), Batista & Shane McMahon vs. Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase Jr. &
Cody Rhodes
Six-Man Tag Match; If Orton’s Team Wins, He Becomes Champion. If Triple H’s team wins, he retains.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP:
Jack (c) Swagger vs. Christian

I QUIT MATCH:
Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy

Chris Jericho vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat

CM Punk vs. Kane

Santina on Khali Kiss Cam

I'll probably try and find a stream tonight. I'm interested in the Hardy match and possibly the Edge/Cena one. Triple H & co. vs. Orton and jobbers can go to hell.

Punk vs Kane screams "we need a way to have Punk be there in case he uses MITB".

The "last man standing" stip makes me think both guys will be "unconscious", and Punk will go into Chicago next month as champion. Wishful thinking.

I haven't watched WWE since the draft a few weeks back.

Sounds like Triple H will drop the belt tonight, since he doesn't have to be pinned and the stipulations are TNA-quality ridiculous. He can lose the belt and remain protected.

[quote name='guyver2077']of topic..

but i smiled when gh: metallica mentioned the sandman in the song facts section[/QUOTE]

Sweet. I always wondered how much (if any), the musicians that ECW "borrowed" music from for all those years knew about ECW.

Poor RVD, even if he comes back to wrestling fulltime, he'll never get to use "Walk" again.

For those without a stream here's the on going results... updated 7:37 PM.

Christian def Swagger to win the ECW Title.

Christian runs into Edge backstage. Christian asks why Edge had changed so much. Edge responded its all because of Cena and that he'll win tonight.

Jericho def Steamboat via Walls Of Jericho.

[quote name='Demolition Man']For those without a stream here's the on going results:

Christian def Swagger to win the ECW Title.

Christian runs into Edge backstage. Christian asks why Edge had changed so much. Edge responded its all because of Cena and that he'll win tonight.

Jericho vs Steamboat right now.
[/quote]
Damn, I can't believe I missed that. :(
How'd the crowd react?

I can't lie...that was the WORST figure four attempt in modern history by steamboat...but he sold that code breaker so well that it made up for it

[quote name='lmz00']Damn, I can't believe I missed that. :(
How'd the crowd react?[/QUOTE]

Christian winning = decent reaction.
Christian/Edge backstage = hard to tell with promos backstage since they kill the crowd mics.

I like how they put the belt from ECW on someone with mic skills. The saddest day is going to be when they put the belt on Kozlov or somebody else with horrible mic skills.

Christian beat Swagger (Christian becomes new ECW champ)
Jericho beat Steamboat
Kane beat Punk
Jeff beat Matt

Trips/Shane/Batista vs Legacy right now

[quote name='cdubb1605']updated results soon please?[/QUOTE]
So far...

Christian over Swagger to win ECW Championship w/ Killswitch
Jericho over Steamboat w/ Walls Of Jericho
Kane over CM Punk w/ Chokeslam
Jeff Hardy over Matt Hardy when Jeff tied Matt to a table and climbed a ladder. Matt spouted some shit about how he loved his brother and eventually quit, but Jeff hit the double legdrop through the table anyways.
Khali/Santina segment ended when Santina pinned Beth Phoenix in a quickie after Khali knocked her out for calling him stupid.

6 man is on now - Orton ran off like a bitch to start the match.

My guess? Orton is shown in the back attacking Stephanie, Triple H/whoever's legal runs off and gets counted out costing Triple H the belt.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']What was the reason behind Punk and Kane?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it was just 'cause they were they last two fighting during MITB, and they needed a reason to have Punk at the show to hype the "anytime, anywhere" title shot he's got.

Supposedly Orton's been taking time off to heal a few nagging injuries - I think that's why we're getting limited wrestling out of him so far.

[quote name='mykevermin']Edge/Cena going on after the McMahon gangbang?

How about that. New champeen indeed.[/quote]

orton wins?

no, match is still going on but he means that since cena/edge is the last match of the night, it will probably mean that cena is going to lose

bread's done
Back