Slowly we rOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I've come to conclusion that the current level of internet discussion about high-def televisons is the equivalent of class warfare.

Basically the Have's tell the Have Not's that they're better than they are and the Have-Nots arguing they're just as good. Except instead of having the balls to just come out and asay it, they refer to televisions.

It's always llike, "Well, my $3000 TV will always be worlds better than you're $800 TV." And then the guy who can only affor the $800 Tv say's that's not true. "My TV is just as good, but I'm smarter for not paying $2000 more. Every one will see a TV differently." Then the rich guy will talk about, "Color Balance, uniformity, and Brand Quality." REasserting his intelligence and insulting the poor guy for being delusional. Then they always break out the 1080 vs 720.

It doesn't matter that there are both pros and cons on all sides of the debate. The argument basically comes down to class warfare.[/quote]
sneetchlogo.gif

Now the Star-bellied Sneetches had bellies with stars.
The Plain-bellied Sneetches had none upon thars.
The stars weren't so big; they were really quite small.
You would think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.
But because they had stars, all the Star-bellied Sneetches
would brag, "We're the best kind of Sneetch on the beaches."
With their snoots in the air, they would sniff and they'd snort, "
We'll have nothing to do with the plain-bellied sort."
And whenever they met some, when they were out walking,
they'd hike right on past them without even talking.
When the Star-bellied children went out to play ball,
could the Plain-bellies join in their game? Not at all!
You could only play ball if your bellies had stars,
and the Plain-bellied children had none upon thars.
When the Star-bellied Sneetches had frankfurter roasts,
or picnics or parties or marshmallow toasts,
they never invited the Plain-bellied Sneetches.
Left them out cold in the dark of the beaches.
Kept them away; never let them come near,
and that's how they treated them year after year.
Then one day, it seems, while the Plain-bellied Sneetches
were moping, just moping alone on the beaches,
sitting there, wishing their bellies had stars,
up zipped a stranger in the strangest of cars.
"My friends, " he announced in a voice clear and keen,
"My name is Sylvester McMonkey McBean.
I've heard of your troubles; I've heard you're unhappy.
But I can fix that; I'm the fix-it-up chappie.
I've come here to help you; I have what you need.
My prices are low, and I work with great speed,
and my work is one hundred per cent guaranteed."
Then quickly, Sylvester McMonkey McBean
put together a very peculiar machine.
Then he said, "You want stars like a Star-bellied Sneetch?
My friends, you can have them . . . . for three dollars each.
Just hand me your money and climb on aboard."
They clambered inside and the big machine roared.
It bonked. It clonked. It jerked. It berked.
It bopped them around, but the thing really worked.
When the Plain-bellied Sneetches popped out, they had stars!
They actually did, they had stars upon thars!
Then they yelled at the ones who had stars from the start,
"We're exactly like you; you can't tell us apart.
We're all just the same now, you snooty old smarties.
Now we can come to your frankfurter parties!"
"Good grief!" groaned the one who had stars from the first.
"We're still the best Sneetches, and they are the worst.
But how in the world will we know," they all frowned,
"if which kind is what or the other way 'round?"
Then up stepped McBean with a very sly wink, and he said,
"Things are not quite as bad as you think.
You don't know who's who, that is perfectly true.
But come with me, friends, do you know what I'll do?
I'll make you again the best Sneetches on beaches,
and all it will cost you is ten dollars eaches.
Belly stars are no longer in style, " said McBean.
"What you need is a trip through my stars-off machine.
This wondrous contraption will take off your stars,
so you won't look like Sneetches who have them on thars."
That handy machine, working very precisely,
removed all the stars from their bellies quite nicely.
Then, with snoots in the air, they paraded about.
They opened their beaks and proceeded to shout,
"We now know who's who, and there isn't a doubt,
the best kind of Sneetches are Sneetches without."
Then, of course those with stars all got frightfully mad.
To be wearing a star now was frightfully bad.
Then, of course old Sylvester McMonkey McBean
invited them into his stars-off machine.
Then, of course from then on, you can probably guess,
things really got into a horrible mess.
All the rest of the day on those wild screaming beaches,
the Fix-it-up-Chappie was fixing up Sneetches.
Off again, on again, in again, out again,
through the machine and back round about again,
still paying money, still running through,
changing their stars every minute or two,
until neither the Plain- nor the Star-bellies knew
whether this one was that one or that one was this one
or which one was what one or what one was who!
Then, when every last cent of their money was spent,
the Fix-It-Up-Chappie packed up and he went.
And he laughed as he drove in his car up the beach,
"They never will learn; no, you can't teach a Sneetch!"
But McBean was quite wrong, I'm quite happy to say,
the Sneetches got quite a bit smarter that day.
That day, they decided that Sneetches are Sneetches,
and no kind of Sneetch is the BEST on the beaches.
That day, all the Sneetches forgot about stars,
and whether they had one or not upon thars.

I don't know about all that class warfare business, I think the argument begins and ends with the fact that HDTV's just plain look better.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I've come to conclusion that the current level of internet discussion about high-def televisons is the equivalent of class warfare.

Basically the Have's tell the Have Not's that they're better than they are and the Have-Nots arguing they're just as good. Except instead of having the balls to just come out and asay it, they refer to televisions.

It's always llike, "Well, my $3000 TV will always be worlds better than you're $800 TV." And then the guy who can only affor the $800 Tv say's that's not true. "My TV is just as good, but I'm smarter for not paying $2000 more. Every one will see a TV differently." Then the rich guy will talk about, "Color Balance, uniformity, and Brand Quality." REasserting his intelligence and insulting the poor guy for being delusional. Then they always break out the 1080 vs 720.

It doesn't matter that there are both pros and cons on all sides of the debate. The argument basically comes down to class warfare.[/QUOTE]

While all this is true, costco.com has the westinghouse 37" 1080p set for 799 plus shipping.

It doesn't matter that there are both pros and cons on all sides of the debate. The argument basically comes down to class warfare.[/quote]Perfect examples of this have been threads crated by Vinny and SamoaJoe about "I'd like to get a TV of X" and have $$$$ to spend". Plenty of conversation on both sides of the argument above.

Oh, and about The Sneetches...

I knew this kid who was convinced it was an anti-semetic story, due to some Sneetches having stars.

:whistle2:s

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Hmm. It looks like the guys at KoL are totally fucking over the play system for casual players in a month in an effort to curtail people who exploit the games few problems to beat it in 1-2 days.

Splendid.[/QUOTE]
My only problem with Kingdom of Loathing is that some of the quests are impossible to figure out by guesswork. Right now, I'm trying to break a cage made of stars. Thing is, this requires me to have specific equipment made of stars and lines, which both take fucking forever to get the pieces for and takes a LOT of trial and error to get the right pieces, unless you use one of the sites with walkthroughs.

Another example: I know I can make items out of pixels, but why the fuck would I think to build up thirty of the white ones to get a specific key I didn't know I needed?

That said, I don't mind using the walkthroughs anymore. I'm going to finish my first ascension before this month is over, so guides it is!

Man I love brightspot.tv for paying my gamefly bill.

This is what it looks like on my cc statement.

Gamefly 888-986-6400 Ca $5.30

The mods are going to hate me today. I've had to report 3 spam things I've found, all within an hour.

Not sure if I should use my store credit ($24 worth) on Odin Sphere or God of War II. I still haven't beat the first GOW...

Btw, Anyone use the Wii Ship latly. I logged in the other nite and there's a note on the opening screen that says there are videos associated with some of the games. But I didn't find any.

They have to add something, because with only descriptions and just very tiny pictures, there's not real actual screenshots or gameplay trailers you can see to make you interested in a purchase.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']My only problem with Kingdom of Loathing is that some of the quests are impossible to figure out by guesswork. Right now, I'm trying to break a cage made of stars. Thing is, this requires me to have specific equipment made of stars and lines, which both take fucking forever to get the pieces for and takes a LOT of trial and error to get the right pieces, unless you use one of the sites with walkthroughs.

Another example: I know I can make items out of pixels, but why the fuck would I think to build up thirty of the white ones to get a specific key I didn't know I needed?

That said, I don't mind using the walkthroughs anymore. I'm going to finish my first ascension before this month is over, so guides it is![/quote]

Yeah. But really, that's not the point of the game. Once you do it once, you know the whole point of the game, and it becomes a game of speed.

Have you read the synopsis of NS13? Personally that pisses me off, since it'll fuck up ascension... ugh.

Anyway, what's your in-game name and whatnot?

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']
That said, I don't mind using the walkthroughs anymore. I'm going to finish my first ascension before this month is over, so guides it is![/quote]

I got to the queen's final form and she kicked my ass on a regular basis... so I gave up.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']While all this is true, costco.com has the westinghouse 37" 1080p set for 799 plus shipping.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think I've made a decision. CC has the 42" Vizio Plasma. I took a look at it yesterday ins tioore. It's $900. Pluds I can get 10% off with a coupon beinging it down to $810 ourt of pocket. Then through entertainment.com I can get another 10% back as a CC gift card. So after gift card it would be $720. Not bad for a 42" Plasma. It's 720P, but that seems a happy medium between high def and standard def TV viewing.

For $570 I could get the 337H from Frys, but for $150 more I could step up to 42". And I just don't see a big need for 1080 now.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I got to the queen's final form and she kicked my ass on a regular basis... so I gave up.[/quote]
She scales to your stats. So don't equip anything that raises your stats; instead, equip things that lower them (like the furry suit [wolf mask + furry pants]) and things that raise your HP, like the big red clwon nose, just in case.

Also make sure you use the Wand of Nagamar.
Without it she deals a few hundred thousand points of damage in her third form

Also, you'll usually miss her. Use items like the Photoprotoneutron Torpedo and Plot Hole- even then she'll block them. But every time you lsoe she gets easier. You beat her eventually.

Yes, I know, I'm obsessed.

Oh, and the acid squirting flower, too. Deals damage back at her.

Wow. I just had shishkabob steak w/ grilled green and red peppers, red onions and halved potatoes, along with sweet yellow corn. :drool:

Whats up with this GS sale? I tried to buy Indigo Prophecy which is priced at 10 bucks, but it's showing 20 in my cart. Is it used games only?

[quote name='Eviltude']Wow. I just had shishkabob steak w/ grilled green and red peppers, red onions and halved potatoes, along with sweet yellow corn. :drool:

Whats up with this GS sale? I tried to buy Indigo Prophecy which is priced at 10 bucks, but it's showing 20 in my cart. Is it used games only?[/quote]

...What sale?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Actually, I think I've made a decision. CC has the 42" Vizio Plasma. I took a look at it yesterday ins tioore. It's $900. Pluds I can get 10% off with a coupon beinging it down to $810 ourt of pocket. Then through entertainment.com I can get another 10% back as a CC gift card. So after gift card it would be $720. Not bad for a 42" Plasma. It's 720P, but that seems a happy medium between high def and standard def TV viewing.

For $570 I could get the 337H from Frys, but for $150 more I could step up to 42". And I just don't see a big need for 1080 now.[/quote]The 337H doesn't come with an in-home repair warranty, it's return to depot. Just a FYI.

[quote name='Eviltude']Wow. I just had shishkabob steak w/ grilled green and red peppers, red onions and halved potatoes, along with sweet yellow corn. :drool:

Whats up with this GS sale? I tried to buy Indigo Prophecy which is priced at 10 bucks, but it's showing 20 in my cart. Is it used games only?[/quote]

Today = 5/25?

[quote name='Pookymeister']Today = 5/25?[/quote]
Oh, he's talknig about the one that's been in the deals forum forever?

That doesn't start until 5/26. And I didn't even know it'd be online.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Actually, I think I've made a decision. CC has the 42" Vizio Plasma. I took a look at it yesterday ins tioore. It's $900. Pluds I can get 10% off with a coupon beinging it down to $810 ourt of pocket. Then through entertainment.com I can get another 10% back as a CC gift card. So after gift card it would be $720. Not bad for a 42" Plasma. It's 720P, but that seems a happy medium between high def and standard def TV viewing.

For $570 I could get the 337H from Frys, but for $150 more I could step up to 42". And I just don't see a big need for 1080 now.[/QUOTE]

I want 1080p so I can hook it up to my computer after I get a new system and play Unreal Tournament 2007 in high res. I can wait until it goes cheap as I am content with my 22" monitor.

Its so sad what happened to EB. Remember the days of the morning updates and coupon codes out the wazoo? And lets not forget the beauty of the stacking coupon codes as well.

*plays the taps*

I just went through my tivos season pass manager. I moved the stuff that had season finales to the bottom of the list, and cancelled the shows that have been canned. Only thing new I'll be watching this summer is. Rescue Me, Its always Sunny in Philly, and Criss Angel. Other then that my summer is full of reruns.

Well I hope my cousin calls me to do something tonight. That or I'll catch up with my tivo.

Motherfuckers at creative need to learn to not write misleading documentation.

Now I've got (2) 1 GB compact flash cards that are useless and a limited usefulness card reader. Thanks fuckers. Hopefully, I can bring the unopened one into BB and get store credit... pick up GOWII or something maybe.

[quote name='Maklershed']I request all your pogeymaunz!! I'll keep them in my tree until winter!!

HoardingForWinter.jpg

Muhahahahaa[/quote]

:rofl:

Does you even gots a DS? I thinkz nawt!

My Mexican friend just defined what a "Mexican-full" car is:
3 in the trunk
2 on people's laps in the full back
and 1 with the stick up their ass up front.

:lol:

went throught the whole movie thread looking for suggestions but it wasn't much help since people are mostly just listing the movie and not if it was any good. I'm just going to add v for vendetta and stop there. I should be good with 18 in my queue.

[quote name='DT778']went throught the whole movie thread looking for suggestions but it wasn't much help since people are mostly just listing the movie and not if it was any good. I'm just going to add v for vendetta and stop there. I should be good with 18 in my queue.[/quote]

Using the Netflix? V for Vendetta is a good movie.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Using the Netflix? V for Vendetta is a good movie.[/QUOTE]

And is also playing on HBO if you have it.

[quote name='tiredfornow']
I wish I could hold onto a pair of titties like those. :D :D[/QUOTE]

I think we all do.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Using the Netflix? V for Vendetta is a good movie.[/quote]Just signed up for it today. Thanks again dude.

[quote name='DT778']Just signed up for it today. Thanks again dude.[/quote]
Awesome. No problem, no one I know doesn't already have Netflix or cares about it if they don't.

That came out odd. Ah well.

You ever end up making those RML DVDs?

Geez, CAG really jumps on any clearance sale, no matter how shitty, don't they?

Some dude spent $300 getting games from that EB / GS one... I doubt I could even find $30 of stuff that is at a worthwhile price.

[quote name='Roufuss']Geez, CAG really jumps on any clearance sale, no matter how shitty, don't they?

Some dude spent $300 getting games from that EB / GS one... I doubt I could even find $30 of stuff that is at a worthwhile price.[/quote]

QFT. The only thing I'd want is the Castlevania Double Pack... but nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back