Slowly we rOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you set a computer up so that no one can "see" you over a unsecured wireless connection, that isnt yours?

My dsl doesnt come until next week.....but I can mouch off of someone in the building who didnt secure theirs.

How do I do that safely?

I don't think you can do that. The person who owns the router will be able to see any computer connected to it. Chances are they aren't paying attention to it if they left it unsecured.

I'd bet the router's admin login is still the factory default, etc. :lol:

[quote name='wubb']I don't think you can do that. The person who owns the router will be able to see any computer connected to it. Chances are they aren't paying attention to it if they left it unsecured.[/quote]

Thats is what I am banging on.

If they are not smart enough to secure there connection...then I am sure they are not smart enough to check what computers are connected.

BUT it could be a super hacker who is just waiting for people to connect so he can mind rape them........you know like in Africa.

[quote name='Soodmeg']How do you set a computer up so that no one can "see" you over a unsecured wireless connection, that isnt yours?

My dsl doesnt come until next week.....but I can mouch off of someone in the building who didnt secure theirs.

How do I do that safely?[/quote]
Put some chloroform on a rag, grab the person who's line you're using from behind and cover their mouth. They'll be out for a little while, so you won't have to worry. Once they come to... just rinse and repeat until your stuff finally shows up.

Well check and see if the router home page is still the default login. If so you can rest assured the owner is a nub.

[quote name='Soodmeg']BUT it could be a super hacker who is just waiting for people to connect so he can mind rape them........you know like in Africa.[/quote]
African mind rapers. Those are the worst. I think they need to call in Chris Hansen to try and shed some light on that shit.

[quote name='wubb']Well check and see if the router home page is still the default login. If so you can rest assured the owner is a nub.[/quote]

MUAHAHAHAHAH good old Admin 1234 works again.

You are very right grand masta.

[quote name='Soodmeg']MUAHAHAHAHAH good old Admin 1234 works again.

You are very right grand masta.[/quote]Hope you like being arrested for a class C felony for accessing someone else's network without their permission. :applause:

Damn my vanity for preventing me from wearing a fanny pack. Those things are probably the most useful things ever made that were nixed due to aesthetics. Although I guess sitting with one on doesn't work all that well. Maybe they aren't all that great after all. fuck.

Only time I've used one in the past 10 years is on a back country backpacking trip.

[quote name='Strell']Apparently, her other tagent to this is that married women who get divorced go through a period immediately afterward where they buy a bunch of shit they don't need. (Ho ho, I fail to see how this is any different than normal.)[/QUOTE]

QFT

[quote name='GuyWithGun']I had a friend who dated the same guy for over 10 years, then he broke up with her. I personally found that extremely fucked up. She, obviously, would bring up marriage every so often, and each time she would he would get angry like she's pressuring him (which she had the right to do after so many years). He kept saying that he was considering it, but finally she just told him that if he's not planning on marrying her then they can't be together. A few months after that he ended up breaking up with her and moving out.[/QUOTE]

Damn. Guy should have been straight and just said marriage wasn't for him, but I'm guessing he liked having her there with no real commitment and didn't want to fuck it up before he had to. Selfish fuck.

[quote name='shrike4242']Hope you like being arrested for a class C felony for accessing someone else's network without their permission. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Heh.

Don't actually change anything. :fridge:

Have a buddy that jumped on one of his parents neighbors networks and printed a page with something like 'Your network is not secure' on it to try to nudge him into locking things down. :lol:

[quote name='wubb']Heh.

Don't actually change anything. :fridge:

Have a buddy that jumped on one of his parents neighbors networks and printed a page with something like 'Your network is not secure' on it to try to nudge him into locking things down. :lol:[/quote] Doesn't matter. Unauthorized access to a network is normally a felony, and there's been a few articles about it recently. Some people have gone to jail over it, in fact, while others, they get off easy with a fine.

Such as:
http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6546307
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/862546271.html?MAC=b49850352c5dd20a802abe1b01880b45&did=862546271&FMT=FT&FMTS=FT&date=Jul+4,+2005&author=ALEX+LEARY&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&printformat=&desc=Wi-Fi+cloaks+a+new+breed+of+intruder
http://rrstar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060323/NEWS0107/103230036/1011
http://www.katu.com/stories/87037.html
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/Singer_Paisley_actress_wife_have_baby_boy/20070224-121321-2867r/

[quote name='shrike4242']Hope you like being arrested for a class C felony for accessing someone else's network without their permission. :applause:[/quote]

I'm sure WAYYY back in your day you used to live on the wild side every once in a while. :p

shrike was old before wild was new.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'm sure WAYYY back in your day you used to live on the wild side every once in a while. :p[/quote]

Is there a site to get blank media (CD-R, DVD-R, etc) for a good price in between sales at other places. (Something like monoprice for cables.)

[quote name='wubb']Is there a site to get blank media (CD-R, DVD-R, etc) for a good price in between sales at other places. (Something like monoprice for cables.)[/quote]

I've always used either supermediastore.com or meritline.com. Both are great for Epson ink too.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'm sure WAYYY back in your day you used to live on the wild side every once in a while. :p[/quote]If that's your definition of the wild side, times have changed a little, I think. :roll:

[quote name='Kayden']shrike was old before wild was new.[/quote]
Yes, me and my pet dinosaur being the old ones in town. :roll:

[quote name='Warner1281']I've always used either supermediastore.com or meritline.com. Both are great for Epson ink too.[/quote]
2nd vote for meritline.com . Good stuff, good prices, good service.

Morning!

[quote name='wubb']Morning OTT.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the Monty Python 16 Ton Megaset at aetv.com

I think I'll give it a few hours and see if it sells out. :)[/QUOTE]
I bought the older version (same set minus the two "Monty Python Live!" discs) for $50 on Amazon last summer, and let me tell you, it is COMPLETELY worth it. :D

[quote name='wubb']Morning OTT.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the Monty Python 16 Ton Megaset at aetv.com

I think I'll give it a few hours and see if it sells out. :)[/quote]

Holy shit, that is cheap!

I would probably bite if my dad didn't have the boxset that came out a like eight years ago or so. The only thing it doesn't have is the live DVDs. Although, that is a really tempting price. It would be nice to actually own my own copy.

Oh Noezzz, my mom just told me she saw all the dirty pictures of my lady friend while checking her email last nite, tonite should make for some good lecturing to her and me when she comes home :D

Hmm ... well yesterday it was just disappearing folders, but now I think that hard drive is completely dead. Maybe that was a warning sign. :whistle2:k :lol:

Lost all my music, it looks like. :cry:

Oh yeah, and my pics and just about everything else I didn't want to lose.

After a slow day of sales, things are starting to pick up!

Now that I have Amazon Prime, I wish Amazon would put Elite Beat Agents back up as their DOTD. :lol:

[quote name='wubb']Is there a site to get blank media (CD-R, DVD-R, etc) for a good price in between sales at other places. (Something like monoprice for cables.)[/quote]

As mentioned, supermediastore.com is good. Also, I find that once every month or two Buy.com will have an exceptional deal on verbatim dvd-+R. I usually get my stuff from buy.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hmm ... well yesterday it was just disappearing folders, but now I think that hard drive is completely dead. Maybe that was a warning sign. :whistle2:k :lol:

Oh yeah, and my pics and just about everything else I didn't want to lose.[/QUOTE]

That sucks so much. I went through the same shit with my PC's old hard drive. I had so much shit on there that I will never be able to get back...

fuck computers.

Wow wtf my torrent stopped at 70%, it's dling at like 292 b/s.

Well now it completely stopped.

fuck, I wanted that shit.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hmm ... well yesterday it was just disappearing folders, but now I think that hard drive is completely dead. Maybe that was a warning sign. :whistle2:k :lol:

Oh yeah, and my pics and just about everything else I didn't want to lose.[/QUOTE]http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

You might want to look into that; it helped me repair my boot sector when it died a while back, and it seems like it could help you too.

[quote name='Roufuss']After a slow day of sales, things are starting to pick up!

Now that I have Amazon Prime, I wish Amazon would put Elite Beat Agents back up as their DOTD. :lol:[/quote]They did it over a month ago, so it's possible they'll do it again.

When they did it, it was $19.99.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Damn, that Monty Python is cheap.[/quote]
It was too good to pass up, so I bought it. I've had my eye on it since it came out back in the day at like $200. $35.95 shipped is too cheap to pass up.

Oh yeah, and my pics and just about everything else I didn't want to lose.[/quote]
Any idea if the drive's still under warranty?

This is bogus. You'd think 2 x 4's might be 2 inches by 4 inches, but its not! Its like 1.5 x 3.5. Totally lame. I need an actual 2 x 4 and I'm not sure how to fill in the missing half inch.

Woot, Taito Legends 2 just came in!

Gonna put in some time before Jade Empire PC finally decides to show up, and then I might go hunting for Yggdra Union.

[quote name='Roufuss']Woot, Taito Legends 2 just came in!

Gonna put in some time before Jade Empire PC finally decides to show up, and then I might go hunting for Yggdra Union.[/quote]
That game looks neat. Cheap, too. Too bad I haven't played any of the games on it. :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']OP said "new one" which to me looked like zewone.

And that picture was to show that I had first post (although the guy's name in the picture is Frist) .. a play on words if you will.[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know.

I meant what it do, as in that's whats up.

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=cXd74hoVrmo[/media]

Ouch sblym. Don't have anything on just one HDD that you can't afford to lose. Buy an external drive or use CD/DVDs for backups. This advice is of course extremely useful to you now, after the fact.
[quote name='shrike4242']
It was too good to pass up, so I bought it. I've had my eye on it since it came out back in the day at like $200. $35.95 shipped is too cheap to pass up.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, for some reason I thought the set (Monty Python 16 Ton Megaset) was still a $100+ MSRP job. I think I'm going to sit on it and if it's still in stock come Monday I'll place an order. Probably.

On the media question. Is something like this (http://meritline.com/ritek-ridata-16x-dvd-r-media-dvdr-ridata-branded.html) acceptable or the type of disc that is going to go bad on me way too early? Is there a way you can tell that a disc is decent or do you have to go with by brands? And ouch, one 100 disc spindle is $10 shipping to me.

[quote name='zewone']Oh, I know.

I meant what it do, as in that's whats up.

[/QUOTE]

This is turning into an episode of "I Know Black People".

[quote name='wubb']Yeah, for some reason I thought the set (Monty Python 16 Ton Megaset) was still a $100+ MSRP job. I think I'm going to sit on it and if it's still in stock come Monday I'll place an order. Probably.

On the media question. Is something like this (http://meritline.com/ritek-ridata-16x-dvd-r-media-dvdr-ridata-branded.html) acceptable or the type of disc that is going to go bad on me way too early? Is there a way you can tell that a disc is decent or do you have to go with by brands? And ouch, one 100 disc spindle is $10 shipping to me.[/quote]
I've had my eye on it for a while, when it wasn't slimpacked. Now that it's gone slimpack, I think the MSRP dropped a bit. $35.95 for $16 DVD's shipped isn't a bad deal at all.

For media types, I'd do some Google searching and see what you find. There's some sites out there that just talk about DVD/CD media and how good they are. Pricewise, it isn't bad at all. Shipping, yeah, that's a little painful, though 100 DVD's isn't a light item to ship.

[quote name='Dkellar']How's life been treating you and xchika?[/quote]

not too bad. i threw a large surprise party for his bday last saturday. that was also the last time we had rain. it's been steadily around 85 here with 85% humidity (gross). the house looks good. we've only got a bit of touchup to do on the bathroom trim paint (door frame) but aside from that, it's done and all put back together. the back yard is lookin good, the new patio is built and the extra dirt has been all redistributed and leveled out. the 2 trees/shrubs that we took down have been put through the wood chipper and used as mulch in the front yard in the garden along the walk way. i started digging out the bricks that line the edge of the other patches of garden along with scraping out all of the white pebbles that the old owners put in all of the fucking flower beds (the one along the front walk is the only one i've successfully completed so far). those shits are heavy once there's a couple shovels full. when i get done with pulling the rocks and bricks out, i'll mulch those gardens too. unfortunately, my veggie plants aren't doing as well as i would've hoped. they got a little too much sun and a little frost about a month ago and are just starting to spring back.

Finally got the Torque Bow Achievement on Gears of War.

I got - at least - 40 of those 100 kills within the past two hours.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I wonder if I hack HMs into Pokemon and then I reach the point where I acquire one, it will screw up the game.

:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
I'm going to say yes.

[quote name='Brak']Finally got the Torque Bow Achievement on Gears of War.

I got - at least - 40 of those 100 kills within the past two hours.[/QUOTE]
Took me one day. :)

When the game first came out, I would only use one weapon until I got the achievement, then I'd move on to the next.

[quote name='zewone']Took me one day. :)

When the game first came out, I would only use one weapon until I got the achievement, then I'd move on to the next.[/QUOTE]
That's what I did today. All I played was Tyro Station, Canals and War Machine, and b-line it to the Torque Bow.

The other Achievements just came naturally, from the weapon kills getting sprinkled in here and there.

Although all I did for the first week, or so, was frag tag.

I'll have to do the same with sniper, though. I never use that, really.

[quote name='shrike4242']Xbox/PC only? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Yea, something about how two different developers worked on both the PS2 and Xbox / PC versions, and for some reason, they weren't talking to each other - so the PS2 team got certain games to run at 100%, and the Xbox / PC got certain games to run at 100%, so the PS2 game has exclusives over the Xbox one, and vice versa.

I call BS, but whatever.

Elevator Action Returns is totally worth the $20, good times right there.

Xbox one is only for Europe, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back