Slowly we rOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one of the far left looks the least like the other three, but all of them are the same.

My gf watches that "Girls Next Door" show about the Playboy bunnies, and when they get all tarted up, you can't tell any of them apart. And then they throw parties and guess what - EVERYONE looks EXACTLY the same.

But she also watches all of these models shows, and the girls look so damn tired, greasy, and flat-out gross when they aren't having their pictures taken.

Kafka could not have dreamed up a better metamorphosis occurring in real life.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Maybe if you're in middle school ... :lol:[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with Sub on this one.

We've been burning through OTT's lately.

My Linear Algebra professor wears a fanny pack each day of class. What makes this worse is he has matching ones for each outfit his wears.

[quote name='Dkellar']My Linear Algebra professor wears a fanny pack each day of class. What makes this worse is he has matching ones for each outfit his wears.[/QUOTE]:lol:
I had to force my dad to stop wearing fanny packs myself.

[quote name='Dkellar']My Linear Algebra professor wears a fanny pack each day of class. What makes this worse is he has matching ones for each outfit his wears.[/quote]

See this is why I want to be a professor. Professors can walk into the class room with a giant dildo strapped on their forehead and nobody within the administration seems to mind.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']See this is why I want to be a professor. Professors can walk into the class room with a giant dildo strapped on their forehead and nobody within the administration seems to mind.[/QUOTE]

Remind me to do just this when I become a professor.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']See this is why I want to be a professor. Professors can walk into the class room with a giant dildo strapped on their forehead and nobody within the administration seems to mind.[/QUOTE]
And I thought my professors who only wore sweatpants and old t-shirts were bad.

You could so get away with that at UMich, too. With the school's ultra-liberal reputation, dildo-head would almost be business as usual.

I don't mind the fanny pack as it is not that bad of an idea to store pens/pencils/wallet/etc. in it rather than a backpack. The Georgia Tech campus is rather large and with the heat and humidity, wear a backpack and walking from class to class, I get all sweaty. I just find it odd that he has ones to match is outfits.

[quote name='zewone']I didn't even realize they still made fanny packs...

Why God, why?[/QUOTE]
There will always be a market for fanny packs as long as the southern United States continues to exist.

[quote name='zewone']I didn't even realize they still made fanny packs...

Why God, why?[/QUOTE]

because they are stylish yet resourceful at the same time?

Wait cancel the stylish part

I've been resting my wrist it feels alot better. So I'm not going to the doc. I proly just gave it a light strain. With manual labor, GH2, Wii sports, and typing. I say by Saturday I'll be 100%

Damn Ouendan is fun but so annoying.

Beat it on hard and unlocked the third and final bonus song... yay.

Tomorrow I'll try Insane mode. I never did beat Insane Mode on the original Ouendan. Now that I'm trained up again I should go back and try.

Working a double sucks.

We got some Wii systems in yesterday. We had started a new, small waiting list for them. Called the guy, he couldn't get up there last night.. he came in today all excited, like he was a kid again. He kept telling me how he was going to rush home and hook it up.. the look on his face as his wife shot that down was fantastic. Apparently their kids weren't going to be back until tomorrow night and she was going to force him to wait for them. I'm thinkin' he hooked it up anyway. Cool guy.

Another cool couple stopped in today. They were one of my first customers ever when I started working there, nice people. Crappy taste in games, though. On the way out, the wife said "Wow, they had a lot of copies of Wii play" and the husband was like "Yeah, too bad we can't find a system".. I mentioned that I had one. They looked at me like I had a freakin' antenna on my head or something. "Are you serious? You actually have one?!".. he practically threw his wallet at my in excitement.

I gotta tell you.. working retail sucks, but nice/funny customers make all the difference. The 12 hours of worked sucked today (9 to 9.. open to close.. d'oh), but nice and entertaining customers make it go much more smoothly. It's funny to see grown men act like they're kids again. I felt the same type of excitement when I got the Wii system. I'm not sure why, it's just a new system, but there was just something about finding one and hooking it up for the first time.

Sweet zombie jesus!

This girl I was seeing for about 2 months (we've been close friends for a year), we had a fight so I didnt talk to her for two weeks (pissed her off quite a bit)... well, I talk with her today... during those two weeks she got engaged. Seriously too, nice lil $5,000 minimum ring.

Biggest WTF moment of my life.

[quote name='Magehart']Sweet zombie jesus!

This girl I was seeing for about 2 months (we've been close friends for a year), we had a fight so I didnt talk to her for two weeks (pissed her off quite a bit)... well, I talk with her today... during those two weeks she got engaged. Seriously too, nice lil $5,000 minimum ring.

Biggest WTF moment of my life.[/quote]

Man, that is crazy.
Keep us posted.

[quote name='dallow']Man, that is crazy.
Keep us posted.[/quote]

Will do. I'm still digesting it all.

Basically this dude has been her friend for 5 years. They never really dated. Her reasoning for saying yes is they've never had a fight before.

I think her being Mormon, being 21 (old by unwed mormon standards for our area), and her best friend just got married all pushed her.

She told me she'd rather marry her ex instead of this guy... if her ex proposed she'd totally say yes to him instead. I think she has issues... HA!

Anyways, prolly not gonna see her/date her anymore... but being her friend I have to make her end this shit before it goes south quick(er).

Whats that insane screen protecter? They have those videos of people using key's on their ipod screen, does anyone know that company?

[quote name='assassinX']Whats that insane screen protecter? They have those videos of people using key's on their ipod screen, does anyone know that company?[/quote]

bestskinsever.com probably. if not they still rock out loud.

[quote name='Magehart']Will do. I'm still digesting it all.

Basically this dude has been her friend for 5 years. They never really dated. Her reasoning for saying yes is they've never had a fight before.

I think her being Mormon, being 21 (old by unwed mormon standards for our area), and her best friend just got married all pushed her.

She told me she'd rather marry her ex instead of this guy... if her ex proposed she'd totally say yes to him instead. I think she has issues... HA!

Anyways, prolly not gonna see her/date her anymore... but being her friend I have to make her end this shit before it goes south quick(er).[/quote]

People - always entertaining

[quote name='mr ryles']Well I'm finally gonna watch apocalypto on blu ray now.[/QUOTE]

Apocalypto was good, Really just an all around great movie.

[quote name='Magehart']Sweet zombie jesus!

Biggest WTF moment of my life.[/QUOTE]

My gf likes to throw around some factoid that basically says that women who get out of a big relationship have a very high chance of getting married with the next person they date, and in a record short time. She then immediately follows this up with "well if we ever break up, that means I'm marrying the next person I find."

Apparently, her other tagent to this is that married women who get divorced go through a period immediately afterward where they buy a bunch of shit they don't need. (Ho ho, I fail to see how this is any different than normal.)

Granted, seeing a girl for two months doesn't register on my scale as a major relationship, but I know that doesn't run for everyone.

But still. Two weeks? Damn. Makes me wonder if she and the dude had one of those pacts like "hey if we're both 21 and not married or dating someone..."

[quote name='Strell']My gf likes to throw around some factoid that basically says that women who get out of a big relationship have a very high chance of getting married with the next person they date, and in a record short time. She then immediately follows this up with "well if we ever break up, that means I'm marrying the next person I find."

[/quote]
My close friend was going out with her HS sweetheart for 6 years and then he dumped her. 3 months later she moved to Alabama to go to vet school, met some guy there and got engaged in 3 months now she's getting married in July. I get to be a bridesmaid. :)roll:)
I've been engaged for over 3 years with no wedding date set. So unfair.

That's so crazy. You would think people would tend to be a bit more cautious after that. I mean, you were with someone for 6 years and things went bad, you'd think they'd wonder how a 3 month relationship will last forever. Hopefully for her, though, it's significantly different (in a good way) with her new guy.

I had a friend who dated the same guy for over 10 years, then he broke up with her. I personally found that extremely fucked up. She, obviously, would bring up marriage every so often, and each time she would he would get angry like she's pressuring him (which she had the right to do after so many years). He kept saying that he was considering it, but finally she just told him that if he's not planning on marrying her then they can't be together. A few months after that he ended up breaking up with her and moving out.

[quote name='zewone']What it do?[/quote]

OP said "new one" which to me looked like zewone.

And that picture was to show that I had first post (although the guy's name in the picture is Frist) .. a play on words if you will.

Morning OTT.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the Monty Python 16 Ton Megaset at aetv.com

I think I'll give it a few hours and see if it sells out. :)

[quote name='wubb']Morning OTT.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the Monty Python 16 Ton Megaset at aetv.com

I think I'll give it a few hours and see if it sells out. :)[/quote]
Monty Python is always a good bet.

[exaggerated_french_accent]
Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
[/exaggerated_french_accent]

In other news, I still need a damnable AVI splitter... the only one I could find (AVI Chop makes me guess at the size I want to chop it up... but I need to pull out sections. fuck.)

Home Depot has such shitty ads. They should look at Lowe's and learn a few things about advertisement.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']
In other news, I still need a damnable AVI splitter... the only one I could find (AVI Chop makes me guess at the size I want to chop it up... but I need to pull out sections. fuck.)[/QUOTE]

Have you tried using vdub?

[quote name='Dkellar']Home Depot has such shitty ads. They should look at Lowe's and learn a few things about advertisement.

Have you tried using vdub?[/quote]

Yes they do.

Now that you mention vdub, I've used it before, when I was trying to make VCDs for my DVD player... didn't do too bad at those, but didn't realize it had the chopping ability... I'll give it a shot.

How's school and the house?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Yes they do.

Now that you mention vdub, I've used it before, when I was trying to make VCDs for my DVD player... didn't do too bad at those, but didn't realize it had the chopping ability... I'll give it a shot.

How's school and the house?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I've used vdub for many many years. It always came handy when trying to fit an anime series or whatever on a single disc. Just make sure you select direct stream copy for both the audio and video settings, if not you'll end with a new encode or a very large uncompressed file. You can cut things up by x frame to y frame or by time.

School is alright, I'm loving Georgia Tech. I can't wait to actually start taking some EE classes as they would help me find a damn internship. The house, not much has change with it. It's still messy inside as I mostly have been working in the yard/garden. The grass/weeds in the yard are just burning up from the sun. It's been almost 10 days or so since we had any rain.
How's life been treating you and xchika?

Morning OTT, did you have a slow night last night?

yes you did!

I'm loving that new XBLA game - rush n' attack, It's always been a dream to wake up in the morning and stab commies in 2-d goodness, don't know how I missed this when I was little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back