Smash Bros. for Wii U - NNID Exchange & Discussion - MOST WEDNESDAYS

keep missing these...

Rig, do you actively monitor your data or got an alert? I recently read that someone barely used 50MB after playing on their mobile connection for an entire day.
I don't monitor it, no.
I get 250GB a month. I've never come close to it...except I got an Xbox One and downloaded all my games. Then, the console broke, and I got sent a new one. So I had to redownload (some of) them. I cut it close! :lol:

OK this time I'll be on tonight. I'll be home in 30 40 min.

--edit: HUNGRY going to a food truck gathering first.

It so hard to get in games when everyone is in different time zones/work schedules. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends are coming over at 6:00 central tonight.  We'll likely play Splatoon first...but we intend to play Smash.  I'll definitely try to check the friends list and not stay in For Glory all night!

EDIT:  @Gamer - We don't have a tier list, no.  We had a CAG tourney and the results should be here:  http://challonge.com/cagsmash

I still want (and need to setup) a CAG tourney for Teams.  Maybe I'll get that straightened out soon.

Friends are coming over at 6:00 central tonight. We'll likely play Splatoon first...but we intend to play Smash. I'll definitely try to check the friends list and not stay in For Glory all night!

EDIT: @Gamer - We don't have a tier list, no. We had a CAG tourney and the results should be here: http://challonge.com/cagsmash

I still want (and need to setup) a CAG tourney for Teams. Maybe I'll get that straightened out soon.
Oh this was yesterday, missed out.

If you do a team tournament we should do team attack on, cut down on spamming and makes it more challenging.

Also everyone from the old thread knows (knew) that Mad D was 8th rank for life and that JoeB, Marc and Kado would fight over the first rank until Fallmoon came along and made everyone look like they had no idea what we were doing anymore.

Actually 8th rank would sound pretty terrible now considering that barely 6 of us keep this thread alive. The good ol' days! :oldman: Always had at least a few rooms full and kept it going for like 8 months straight. Had tournaments just about every month thanks to Marc. Even set one up against a Pokemon message board :lol: I think we all quit after that one.

Fallmoon (Allie) was something else. So frustrating to play her 1 v. 1. I haven't talked to her in a long time; dunno if she's online much at all.

We are online now, actually, if you're around.

EDIT: Yes, team attack would definitely be on. I'll plan one soon!

Have a dinner after work tonight so I might miss out on Wed night Smash if anyone is playing. Going to have to wait to try those new characters.

If you ran into one landing Witch Time and then whiffing three smashes in a row, you found me!

She's so different from my usual picks, it seriously feels like I'm learning the game over from scratch. Probably a good thing.

Good team matches guys!  That lag wasn't bad at all!

Hmm, friendly fire is no joke. It was hard to move around without getting in someones way or losing track of what I'm doing because I got nicked by my teammate. Bayonetta is very confusing. I wonder if I'll be able to play a character like that.

the first few games were fine then lag... who picked that Mario Kart stage :shame: 

I SD'd way too much.  Action/Daisy really owned Mad and myself.  I think we won only 1 or 2 of the matches... had Mad and I figured out how to share stocks much early (it's A+B btw), I think we would have won a few more.

From what I can tell you all are better and more experience than I am.  I got in more 1 on 1s with Mad.  When we played a few months ago, I think Mad was just slightly more skilled.  I need to play more if I want to catch up to CAGs let alone my friends in the smash community.

I just hit 10 hours of play time and exactly 200 KOs on Wii U btw!  I might have to lookup how to unlock some of the common tournament stages as I've stayed away from every local mode aside training mode.

I'll be on tonight for 1 on 1s in anyone is down.  My friend for the CAG tournament likely won't be on tonight to play our

I think I'll leave a room open right now actually now that I see Rig is online.

I'm trashing my Ike after only using him the past couple months. His neutral attacks come out so slow.

I was so frustrated tonight I wanted to snap my controller in half  :headache: Just about SD'ed in every single 20 something games I played  :headache:

I'm trashing my Ike after only using him the past couple months. His neutral attacks come out so slow.

I was so frustrated tonight I wanted to snap my controller in half :headache: Just about SD'ed in every single 20 something games I played :headache:
You still dominate with Rosalina!

Thanks for the games, David. Sorry I didn't stick around too long. I kinda had to chuckle at how much we attack and miss each other. Seemed like I had to do five moves just to land 1 hit :rofl: We're too similar.

So now that the tournament is over anyone want to start doing Wednesdays again? I could play tomorrow evening since I get good Friday off.

I'm sill around on Wednesday's...it's a bit hard to tear myself away from Splatoon. I think my friends should be over next week, so, I'll make sure we get online.

I'll be online tonight, at some point, for Smash. I'll have two friends over. I'll open a room and play some matches if anybody else is around.

I'll check in 530-ish Pacific 

Also watching some of your stream during my lunch break!

I'm getting something like 5Mbps I have some new neighbors and haven't checked my signal strength in a while. So reseting for me.

OK Ok Im back. My connection is stable now obviously.

I see Rig and Dyenom not in for glory games.

Rig should host since he has friends over. I'm going to wait in the lobby like a good boy.

--

Now me and Dyenom are playing in a room

Fun games Dyenom. Had fun using characters I don't usually use, I see you were probably too. Even had fun during those Bower/Ganonsides matches (you sonaofa..shaking fist :lol:)  I bet you never seen a Cloud SD like that! Glad the lag mostly cleared up after those first several games.

It's ok Rig, the motto of this thread: Next time!

I already mentioned in our PMs, but I'd like to apologize to Cero and his brother for the disconnect during game 3 in our losers finals match for the doubles tournament.  My Wii U probably overheated due to the way I have stuff setup (happened several times since I got the console last May/June).  My friend thought I had raged quit -_-.  He felt there was just enough lag that was messing up his movements as he complained he could not take advantage of Cero's basic style of play!  I didn't notice anything except that his brother was much better than I had anticipated especially considering how my match against Thatguy went (and Cero's/Thatguy's round 1 match was really close)

Also sorry I didn't have time to do a writeup.  I still wasn't feeling well from the prior week.  That and I haven't been on CAG for nearly 2 months due to a significant change in my life.  Despite the time it takes to review every game in a match and figure out what to write, I thoroughly enjoyed doing stuff like that. 

Anyway if anyone wants to get a bunch of 1 on 1s just post here.  I can be on around 11 PM ET nearly any day of the week.  Despite following competitive smash for over a decade, I just don't have the actual hours put in compared to any of my friends (for reference the pro gamer friend has nearly 10,000 hours of brawl played of his Wii.  I would say I have maybe 4-500 hrs across all smash games).

I already mentioned in our PMs, but I'd like to apologize to Cero and his brother for the disconnect during game 3 in our losers finals match for the doubles tournament. My Wii U probably overheated due to the way I have stuff setup (happened several times since I got the console last May/June). My friend thought I had raged quit -_-. He felt there was just enough lag that was messing up his movements as he complained he could not take advantage of Cero's basic style of play! I didn't notice anything except that his brother was much better than I had anticipated especially considering how my match against Thatguy went (and Cero's/Thatguy's round 1 match was really close)

Also sorry I didn't have time to do a writeup. I still wasn't feeling well from the prior week. That and I haven't been on CAG for nearly 2 months due to a significant change in my life. Despite the time it takes to review every game in a match and figure out what to write, I thoroughly enjoyed doing stuff like that.

Anyway if anyone wants to get a bunch of 1 on 1s just post here. I can be on around 11 PM ET nearly any day of the week. Despite following competitive smash for over a decade, I just don't have the actual hours put in compared to any of my friends (for reference the pro gamer friend has nearly 10,000 hours of brawl played of his Wii. I would say I have maybe 4-500 hrs across all smash games).
Basic? ouch that hurts.....

Lol if Cero is basic, then it is very difficult to overcome basic things :p. Either way I'm up for some 1 on 1s. My schedule is kinda crappy because I have finals coming up in about a week, but we could probably work something out.

Basic? ouch that hurts.....
Don't change your style of play as it worked for you. I paraphrased my friend's text:

"Roy player just plays a flowchart game but lag won't let me punish. Kept abusing spot dodges and it was impossible to grab him with the lag".

Personally until I start getting confident with basic smash fundamentals, I will keep to a campy hit and run style. That's actually considered the ideal/optimal style of play in competitive smash as there is a time limit. It's just that the vast majority of "the smash community" frown upon that playstyle.

Lol if Cero is basic, then it is very difficult to overcome basic things :p. Either way I'm up for some 1 on 1s. My schedule is kinda crappy because I have finals coming up in about a week, but we could probably work something out.
Just post times when you can play. I back up my console when not in use and try to only get on when I know others are definitely on.

Don't change your style of play as it worked for you. I paraphrased my friend's text:
"Roy player just plays a flowchart game but lag won't let me punish. Kept abusing spot dodges and it was impossible to grab him with the lag".

Personally until I start getting confident with basic smash fundamentals, I will keep to a campy hit and run style. That's actually considered the ideal/optimal style of play in competitive smash as there is a time limit. It's just that the vast majority of "the smash community" frown upon that playstyle.

Just post times when you can play. I back up my console when not in use and try to only get on when I know others are definitely on.
I'll take that criticism and apply it thanks, some advice I have for him is to grab way less and camp less at the edge.those were the flaws that made him predictable.plus Samus's grab has soooo much lag ...

I feel like I've missed out on the Smash Wii U meta completely. Is there still an active community?  :cry:

Also, Mad D, mind re-sharing/re-posting the R.O.B. avatar you have of me? :D

I don't think I've played with any CAGs in quite a while.  My friends and I still play fairly regularly Wednesday nights.  Should be on tomorrow (Wednesday) if people want to jump on and play.  Usually around 7:00-9:30 PM Central.

bread's done
Back