Smash Bros. for Wii U - NNID Exchange & Discussion - MOST WEDNESDAYS

Good games guys. But something's been bugging me for a while....

I just cannot get the hang of this game! :rofl:

I feel like a punching bag. My grabs don't grab and sometimes I can't even do my third jump to come back on stage and I just fall to my death.

I'm thinking maybe I attack too much? I noticed most of you guys just stand still and let me jump towards you. Then you effortlessly grab me and hurl me off stage where I get hit twice just trying to jump my way back on :oops:

Oh well, I know it will click eventually so I'll keep at it. And I want to get better with Lucas. He's pretty fun to play.

Side note: We seem to get lots of lag when we go to Halberd. That stage has too much going on to run smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never finished FFVII (bought it off a friend about 9 years ago) but damn.

Okay CAGs, I really want to start playing more and hopefully maybe even get into this competitively (my goal is to beat my friend who is too esports for me know)!

If anyone wants to beat up on me for an hour or so under tournament rules, let me know.

Okay CAGs, I really want to start playing more and hopefully maybe even get into this competitively (my goal is to beat my friend who is too esports for me know)!

If anyone wants to beat up on me for an hour or so under tournament rules, let me know.
Maybe we can play some tomorrow night, just post to see if anyone is around.

I'll be on soon too, I worked 34 hours these past 3 days so I need this break! 

I was able to count how many holiday ads I made in a span of 2 weeks and it was about 90 clients I had to deal with, with the deadline of today. Fun times!

EDIT: Full room, I'll check back later. Also registered the new guy.

Sorry for the quick drop, guys. I dunno if that lag was us or not.

I was steaming on Twitch tonight...so Cero, your wins should be in there somewhere! :lol: (twitch.tv/rigisme)

Sorry for the quick drop, guys. I dunno if that lag was us or not.

I was steaming on Twitch tonight...so Cero, your wins should be in there somewhere! :lol: (twitch.tv/rigisme)
awesome, sucks lag struck so hard i was having fun.

Aw I missed out on the Twitch stream, but I at least got to play with Cero and Janet for a little bit.

Headed off to Janet's state for an early Thanks Giving with my cousin, see you all next week.

Oh good, my pummeling was being recorded :lol:

Have fun David! I'll try to join next Wednesday but I know sales are going to be popping up right and left, so I may get distracted. I'm trying to get an Xbox One for cheap!

Home early for once. Before I left worked I was updating the company blog and replaced people's photos (of a certain employee) with Nick Cage. We'll see how that turns out Monday.

I'll be around to see if anyone is in tonight.

EDIT: It must be the holidays because JoeB is online.

Sorry guys. I wasn't available tonight with holiday stuff going on. I expect to be back to a regular schedule next week.

kinda hoped for 2 other characters announced, but at least Corrin looks interesting.  Bayonetta is likely to be op...

I will try to be on late tonight!

I still haven't bought any dlc, but would not mind playing against Cloud/Ryu.  I'm looking to practice to prepare more often on the Wii U - all time spent online or training mode so nothing unlocked!

Characters I'd like to try out in no particular order:

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Wario
  • Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Donkey Kong
  • Kirby
  • Meta Knight
  • Sheik
  • Toon Link
  • Marth
  • Pac-Man
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer

So yeah if anyone is interested in playing 1 on 1s against any of those characters with no items and stages without hazzards, let me know.  Far warning, I'm super average.

I'll be around for the next hour or two with a room open. Looks like Rig is on too but probably in For Glory.

vwhei.jpg

EDIT

OK now I see ACTION, I'll leave a room open but I'll be eating some dinner. Check back in a minute.

Nite Cero, I had enough of SD'ing with Cloud tonight :lol:

I don't mind losing so much when we play 1v1. I don't play For Glory singles because I can't stand the immaturity so playing you guys is the only time I can get games like that in.

I know what you mean. Our Smash group at work has recently gone from 3 to 6-7, so a lot of my 1v1 is going out the window. Wouldn't mind getting some more in with you guys. Don't have much of a taste for Glory anymore. Unfortunately, anything more than 1v1 online just seems doomed to fail on me lately. Dunno if it's my connection or what. It's usually fine.

Nite Cero, I had enough of SD'ing with Cloud tonight :lol:

I don't mind losing so much when we play 1v1. I don't play For Glory singles because I can't stand the immaturity so playing you guys is the only time I can get games like that in.

I know what you mean. Our Smash group at work has recently gone from 3 to 6-7, so a lot of my 1v1 is going out the window. Wouldn't mind getting some more in with you guys. Don't have much of a taste for Glory anymore. Unfortunately, anything more than 1v1 online just seems doomed to fail on me lately. Dunno if it's my connection or what. It's usually fine.
lol it was fun guys,i think corrin is the character I've been waiting for.looks like he fits my mid-range play style perfectly.

Your lucky you at least have that amount. Out of the friends who still play video games regularly and I keep in touch with, none of them play or have this game. That's too bad though because this is the only game I seem to play these days :lol: We can try again some other day, I think it was my connection actually (densely populated area).

Mad D was having network issues so just played 10 or so Tourney games. lost every single one -_-.  Most players were all Clouds, and definately better than me (got bodied by a Ness - lost both stocks within 20 seconds).  Only the first person (Cloud) was probably weaker than me based on the movements.

Also did some "for fun" ffas which weren't great as half somehow was just a 1v1 against a good Cloud.

Mad D was having network issues so just played 10 or so Tourney games. lost every single one -_-. Most players were all Clouds, and definately better than me (got bodied by a Ness - lost both stocks within 20 seconds). Only the first person (Cloud) was probably weaker than me based on the movements.

Also did some "for fun" ffas which weren't great as half somehow was just a 1v1 against a good Cloud.
really seems like we are on different schedules,wouldn't mind playing with you if we can set a time.

Cero, should have you added already.

My gaming/internet time typically starts before midnight eastern time as once I get home it's tv downtime and eating for a few hours before showering. 

I should be online with a friend tonight, per usual for Wednesday.  I think we'll be playing Splatoon, also.  

(I'm fairly new to Splatoon; haven't unlocked ranked matches yet.)  

I see Janet on tonight, I'm going to hop on to see if any rooms are open.

In about 20 minutes: eating dinner.

I was going to mention earlier that I would not be on tonight. I have a data cap from my ISP...and I was very close to hitting it. (Ends tomorrow night.)

keep missing these...

Rig, do you actively monitor your data or got an alert?  I recently read that someone barely used 50MB after playing on their mobile connection for an entire day.

bread's done
Back