Smash Bros. for Wii U - NNID Exchange & Discussion - MOST WEDNESDAYS

I have yet to see how my meh in person 3ds abilities translates to wii u in person! None of the experiences against friends were good lol

I only played against one on wii u (online). I lost all 20 sometime games. It got to the point where he was just trying out the dlc characters as this was after EVO. This friend is not in the community, but his cousins were back during melee. He's probably the most likely to help me but doesn't have time due to terrible work schedules.

Another friend that I know through my best friend, I just played online on 3ds (right before wii u came out). After a dozen or so losses, I think he just would go Ike to give me a freebie, which didn't happen :wall: He's on the other side of the country and occasionally attends tournaments.

My "best" friend, who happens to be semi relevant, would play me throughout October/November in person. I stopped bothering him to "train" me as it just became "lab sessions" for him. I even realized Diddy's up air was broken before he did (he would mainly combo dthrow>bair>bair). :cry: I think I may have won once somehow; he likely SD'd or got careless trying to practice setups. He's become "esports now" so doesnt have time for irl people or non smashers.
I haven't played much of the 3DS version outside of the demo, but I feel like it would be hard to transfer your skills over to the Wii U version just because the control schemes are so much different; unless you play with your 3DS on the WIi U...

It's all good man. You just got to tough it out. It's hard to find players that are on the same level as you are on all the time, but there are a lot of things that you can learn from really good players. :) I got dumpstered by cero5 every single game; hell most games he 2 stocked me. If you're having trouble finding someone to train with you can always try Smashboards, Reddit, or even Anther's Ladder. Of course practicing in person is always the best!

Did you really want a dirty win though? :p Winning against someone sandbagging doesn't sound like it would be worthwhile.

I understand what you're talking about. I just kind of went through that lol. Diddy got nerfed a bit since then though so I don't think his combo is that crazy anymore. I don't know you and your friend personally so I won't say too much, but hopefully he'll play some friendlies with you sometime. It's good to remember that the game can be enjoyed casually also! 8)

Well this is weird maybe you try hosting? It was fine the first 3 games.

EDIT: good night Gamer and Jack thanks for playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
had a fun session against Mad D for nearly 2 hours (mistyped as Mac D... you aren't are you lol?).  got around 4 hours of sleep before going to work.

the elgato software I think had 1:4x time, but the file somehow got courrpted and is 40 minutes or so with clips and frames jumbled all over the place :cry: .  I was able to save some as replays though likely to have missed some of the actual close games.

I did not like your D3 as ll 3? games I had terrible inputs!  My poor Sheik -_-

I found it funny that the first time I picked Luigi and DK, you did as well!  The DK mirror was probably the best game.  I think Kirby was my most consistent character.  I'm surprised that I was able to win pretty solidly with Marth.  I think I had the worse time againts your Charizard or Villager.

Can you guess which characters I'm looking to "main"?

I haven't played much of the 3DS version outside of the demo, but I feel like it would be hard to transfer your skills over to the Wii U version just because the control schemes are so much different; unless you play with your 3DS on the WIi U...

It's all good man. You just got to tough it out. It's hard to find players that are on the same level as you are on all the time, but there are a lot of things that you can learn from really good players. :) I got dumpstered by cero5 every single game; hell most games he 2 stocked me. If you're having trouble finding someone to train with you can always try Smashboards, Reddit, or even Anther's Ladder. Of course practicing in person is always the best!

Did you really want a dirty win though? :p Winning against someone sandbagging doesn't sound like it would be worthwhile.

I understand what you're talking about. I just kind of went through that lol. Diddy got nerfed a bit since then though so I don't think his combo is that crazy anymore. I don't know you and your friend personally so I won't say too much, but hopefully he'll play some friendlies with you sometime. It's good to remember that the game can be enjoyed casually also! 8)
it seems many competitive players believe smash skill carries over even from 3ds version.

if I play against more CAGs, perhaps I can group people into skill brackets so everyone can get an idea where they stand. I stay away from those places as people have been disappointed after playing me when learning who my best friend is.

A win is a win even though I never beat any of them! It's worse that they switch to "scrub" characters (and this was before buffs).

it seems many competitive players believe smash skill carries over even from 3ds version.

if I play against more CAGs, perhaps I can group people into skill brackets so everyone can get an idea where they stand. I stay away from those places as people have been disappointed after playing me when learning who my best friend is.

A win is a win even though I never beat any of them! It's worse that they switch to "scrub" characters (and this was before buffs).
I mean the fundamentals are always going to be there.

Cero5 is really good if you think you're up to the challenge you should match with him sometime. Granted I haven't played with many players from CAG yet. No one your level at that particular location?

Looks like you just have to play more; as simple as that sounds. I mean I do too. :p

Damn, really disappointed I didn't get to play some of you guys last night.

I play every Wednesday night with a local friend.  If anyone is around Wednesday nights, we start around 7:00 PM central.  Usually wrap it up around 9:00. 

As far as skill transferring, I think you can move from the 3DS to Wii U fairly quickly/easily.  I actually think the competition on the Wii U version is better; I have a similar amount of games in FG on each version and my 3DS wins are a bit higher.

I'll check if you're on Wednesdays, Rig. Your starting time is about when I'm getting off work on the West Coast (5:30). I can hop on about a half hour after that.

Damn, really disappointed I didn't get to play some of you guys last night.

I play every Wednesday night with a local friend. If anyone is around Wednesday nights, we start around 7:00 PM central. Usually wrap it up around 9:00.

As far as skill transferring, I think you can move from the 3DS to Wii U fairly quickly/easily. I actually think the competition on the Wii U version is better; I have a similar amount of games in FG on each version and my 3DS wins are a bit higher.
Rig, im on lets do this!

Fun games, see you guys next week maybe, or possibly this weekend.

Sorry Cero we didn't go out on a win I was messing around way too much on that last match as Pacman  :lol:

Some of those team combos we did looked perfectly staged, like the pickachu back throw towards Roy on the platform and those Mario dunks! 

And Rig it seemed like every time I picked DK you were always Jiggly Puff carrying me off stage.

Fun games, see you guys next week maybe, or possibly this weekend.

Sorry Cero we didn't go out on a win I was messing around way too much on that last match as Pacman :lol:

Some of those team combos we did looked perfectly staged, like the pickachu back throw towards Roy on the platform and those Mario dunks!
It was fun,honestly looked like i was holding you back with all my SD's.When i don't play smash often i have a hard time keeping up with the screen.i blame mgsv for that.=) some of those combos were cool tho

It was fun,honestly looked like i was holding you back with all my SD's.When i don't play smash often i have a hard time keeping up with the screen.i blame mgsv for that.=) some of those combos were cool tho
Story of my life, man.

Wednesdays gonna be a thing? Because I will absolutely start showing up for these.

A local friend and myself play nearly every single Wednesday.  We definitely had fun playing outside of For Glory last night.  I'll continue to check the friend's list and play some friendlies during the 7:00-9:00 PM hours (central) on Wednesday's. 

...except this upcoming Wednesday.  I'll be in Vegas!

Well start counting me in. I haven't gotten to play as much as I'd like to with you guys, and having an excuse to pop on more often would be great. Witcher 3 and MGSV laid the rust on me in a major way.

Have fun in Vegas!

I'm planing to be on next Wednesday to keep that the regular Smash night. Around 5 to 8 Pacific time.

I'll call it something corny like Rigly Wednesdays in honor of Rig.

Cero5 is really good if you think you're up to the challenge you should match with him sometime. Granted I haven't played with many players from CAG yet. No one your level at that particular location?

Looks like you just have to play more; as simple as that sounds. I mean I do too. :p
I know the basic controls and simple mechanics and at least know of a good amount of advanced techs by "name" but can't do any. I wouldn't say I have "good fundamentals" yet as I never really tried to practice - unless spending time trying to wave dash across the stage in training mode but never being able to do it during a game counts!

Most people I know that play smash have played it at least semi competively and have at least once been able to make money from it.

Anyway

*tries to think of some silly DBZ reference* I challenge you Scouter!

If I play during the week, it'd be after midnight until 2am ET. If anyone wants to play during this time just post here beforehand so I can see and setup the Wii U.

So, I know I won't be online tomorrow night...*but*, I will be online with a friend TONIGHT! 

Likely 5:30-9:00 (or so) PM central.

Maybe he and I will take turns in 1vs.1's against anyone that jumps online, or, some team matches (etc.)

Oh shit, I'll see if anyone's on in a minute. Just have to finish some stuff real quick.

Edit: Didn't see anyone.

Ah just go home from working feeling like some Smash thinking "right now is actually a good time for me to get on too since I might be busy tomorrow evening". Thanks for the hive mind mentality Smash CAGs. I'll check around 630 / 7 PM west coast time.

Jack and I are playing

Dyeknom joined us! 

EDIT:

Had fun Jack, see you next time.

I'll play a little, give me a couple minutes to walk to dog

EDIT

Goodnight Gamer, maybe I'll be on tomorrow for a little.

Goodnight Gamer, maybe I'll be on tomorrow for a little.
Another 4 hour nights sleep because of you! I think I'm getting a bit more use to the controls (even though my hands still feel cramped) as the games felt a bit closer.

I know most competitive players swear by the original GCN controller, but is the new GCN smash controller that bad? If anyone has used it let me know. I do not recall my hands feeling cramped when I used my og jet black GCN controller (I actually used a wavebird aonce that came out so don't recall that far back).

I use the gamepad. I'm scared I'm going to break it.

I switched away from it during Brawl thinking, "they aren't going to make these anymore." Maybe someone will lowball auction one so I can get one for cheap.

Yes I noticed you moving better from the first time we played.

I use the gamepad. I'm scared I'm going to break it.

I switched away from it during Brawl thinking, "they aren't going to make these anymore." Maybe someone will lowball auction one so I can get one for cheap.

Yes I noticed you moving better from the first time we played.
the gamepad is a bit more comfortable to hold, but it is harder for me to use as the buttons and controls feel disjointed to me. I might just try out the new smash gcn controller I have.

the first time we played, I forgot to switch to a name with tap jump off so was thrown for a bit. this last time just the first game (which I somehow won) I had tap jump on.

I'm guessing not many people played last even though it seemed Wednesday was going to be CAG night?

No one played last night, Wednesdays are trying to be the regular nights after a 4 month hiatus by everyone. I'd like to get some games in tomorrow night though if I'm not tired after work.

I'm guessing not many people played last even though it seemed Wednesday was going to be CAG night?

I'll be playing tonight. Might have one friend online with me.

If I drop, it's temporary. I have dinner on the stove, and, laundry in the washer.

Ah stuck at work. Overtime 3rd night in a row :(

Edit: yay for working 12 hours. Hey kids don't be a graphic designer, it's not as fun as you think it is.

Are you guys going to play tomorrow night? If so, what time?

I'll try my best to show up, but after 8pm central is better for me.

New DLC drops today.

Pirate Ship stage for Wii U, Duck Hunt for 3DS (Free), and Super Mario Maker for both. We also get Costume Bundle #4 (Fox, Toad, Captain Falcon, Viridi, Business Suit, Hunter, and Rathalos)

I'll have to grab the DLC.

Yes, I'll be playing tonight!  Either alone online or with a friend.  We usually start playing around 6:00 central.  Usually play until around 9:00.

I should be able to play with you guys then. I still have to eat dinner and do some things then I'll be online.

I am done for now. Have a few things to do. But, I'll try to jump back on later.

Thanks for the matches, Cero. I can't hang in the 1v1's!

If someone makes a room I'll join in a few minutes

EDIT

Messing with my wireless

I am done for now. Have a few things to do. But, I'll try to jump back on later.

Thanks for the matches, Cero. I can't hang in the 1v1's!
good games you held your own against me. some of those matches were really fun,lmao the G&W vs pacman was so funny!

bread's done
Back