Smash Bros. for Wii U - NNID Exchange & Discussion - MOST WEDNESDAYS

I'm JoeB! lol

Anyone want to play a few games tonight? I'm super rusty since I've, as MadD says, been busy with school. But tonight. Is. The. Night!

Arghh, I can never hang on and finish. Still had so much fun playing with so many CAGs tonight. It felt like a Friday but I brought some work home with me to bring me crashing back down :lol:

Rusty Joe is still pretty good ;) Come back more often when you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah he is,when i was shulk the rubber on my gamecube joystick came off.i dont know maybe these new gc controllers are cheaper than the old ones.

yeah he is,when i was shulk the rubber on my gamecube joystick came off.i dont know maybe these new gc controllers are cheaper than the old ones.
Was that the match when when your counter managed to absorb a Smash attack not meant while absorbing an attack that was for you and knock everyone off the screen. That was the funniest moment of the night.

Good games  Jack, Dyeknom, David, Joe and Cero. Good turnout too.

Joe, your Yoshi is still all kinds of deadly!

Good games! TOTALLY can see why cero won the tourney!! I'll have to play around here more often!

Nice to see you again Mad D and Janet. You guys are so fun to play with! And dyeknom, even though it was only 3-4 matches!

With the day off tomorrow (for many people, at least), anyone care to get some games in tonight? :)

Anyone...anyone still here? I've got some serious For Glory fatigue. Would love to get some game nights together with some customs, some stages with friggin' platforms, just something different. Glory just isn't very fun for me anymore.

I can almost certainly play tomorrow night.

I've been off For Glory for a while, while I am trying to finish the last of the Challenges. (Two left to go, no hammers used.)

Have less than 30 games played and nothing unlocked!

Add me if you aren't afraid to lose to a noob!

NNID: GamerSDP

I'm not a complete noob as I have maybe 20 or so hours on 3ds, but likely under 5 hours vs actual peopl!

I haven't played Smash in...4 months. :lol:

I come back and am blown away by DLC!!! Need to dust off my Wii U and do a massive update.

Are there designated days where people Smash it up?! Is this the main Smash thread? Also, when's the next tourney? Seems like I missed out.  :cry:

*Time to train against Rosalina Amiibo*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YpzgEElrp4

Sorry about asking and vanishing before. This thread seems to disappear from my feed so quickly  :(

Anyone want to see about getting in some fun rounds this weekend? Let's put Smash Balls on, I don't even care.

This was supposed to be the main meet up thread. I haven't played in months as well. Been busy with work, moving and what is turning out to be a chronic pain condition. I'll see how I feel this weekend. Been wanting to get back into it.

I've been playing in For Glory (after being done with "Challenges", finally).  I just play at sporadic times...like over my noon lunch hour.

I am about ready to setup a new CAG tourney though, to hopefully drum up some players!  Was thinking a team tournament this time would be fun.

I've been playing in For Glory (after being done with "Challenges", finally). I just play at sporadic times...like over my noon lunch hour.

I am about ready to setup a new CAG tourney though, to hopefully drum up some players! Was thinking a team tournament this time would be fun.
Sounds awesome, Rig. :D

With the new tournament feature in Smash, what about setting up some casual tourneys this weekend?

My Wii U has been collecting dust for a while and this weekend my Fiance and began playing Mario Kart again. I was curious about downloading the Smsh Bros DLC but I was wondering how much it would all cost and if anyone is interested in splitting the cost of the Wii U/3ds combo?

I'm probably going to get on Smash. Like right now and will sit around and watch this thread for the next 20-30 minutes to see if anyone responds. A 3 day weekend I'll try again tomorrow if I can if no one shows up tonight.

Dang, I just got done with three or so hours of "For Glory". (Had a couple friends over.)

I can hopefully find some time tomorrow night to play.

OK, we'll try again maybe tomorrow. With a warning that's more than 30 minutes hopefully more people will show up.

Thanks for the games! The difference in skill is pretty obvious lol. Didn't want to take any more of your time so 30 minutes of game play should suffice. 8)
Good Games,don't count yourself out.i see alot of potential in in your play-style.

Good Games,don't count yourself out.i see alot of potential in in your play-style.
Thanks for the kind words! I'd love to play 1v1's more, but For Glory scares me. Roll spammers yada yada, and it's hard to get friendlies in most of the time. I love how your movement on Roy is so fluid. That instant punish when I'm chilling on the ledge too. "We don't tech those" in a nut shell.

add me guys!  nnid: Gamer SDP

Warning: I haven't played in a few months and have under 40 matches total with nothing unlocked (unless playing single player 3ds a few times a week counts).

A few of my friends are either part of the "competitive smash community" (and semi relevant), were, or are just way above average in skill  - if FG Win% mattered (which it doesn't really) they all are mid/high 90%+ .  It's disheartening to even bother playing them in person ("no online" they says) -_-

Thanks for the kind words! I'd love to play 1v1's more, but For Glory scares me. Roll spammers yada yada, and it's hard to get friendlies in most of the time. I love how your movement on Roy is so fluid. That instant punish when I'm chilling on the ledge too. "We don't tech those" in a nut shell.
Thanks,i don't really get to play friendlies either.i hate the way for glory limits players to omega only.i wouldn't mind playing with you again =) it was fun and relaxing to play with a fellow cag.

add me guys! nnid: Gamer SDP

Warning: I haven't played in a few months and have under 40 matches total with nothing unlocked (unless playing single player 3ds a few times a week counts).

A few of my friends are either part of the "competitive smash community" (and semi relevant), were, or are just way above average in skill - if FG Win% mattered (which it doesn't really) they all are mid/high 90%+ . It's disheartening to even bother playing them in person ("no online" they says) -_-
Ill be sure to add you next time im online. =)

add me guys! nnid: Gamer SDP

A few of my friends are either part of the "competitive smash community" (and semi relevant), were, or are just way above average in skill - if FG Win% mattered (which it doesn't really) they all are mid/high 90%+ . It's disheartening to even bother playing them in person ("no online" they says) -_-
I'll add you tomorrow when I jump back on the Wii. It sucks to get smashed in person, but the no lag really enhances the experience. As long as your friend's aren't styling on you 99% of the time, then it's a good learning experience; at least I hope it is. 8)

Thanks,i don't really get to play friendlies either.i hate the way for glory limits players to omega only.i wouldn't mind playing with you again =) it was fun and relaxing to play with a fellow cag.
Oh yeah, I forgot that it's only FD. That's probably the worst thing about For Glory when I think about it now. Yup, wouldn't mind playing with you again in the future!

I'll add you tomorrow when I jump back on the Wii. It sucks to get smashed in person, but the no lag really enhances the experience. As long as your friend's aren't styling on you 99% of the time, then it's a good learning experience; at least I hope it is. 8)
I have yet to see how my meh in person 3ds abilities translates to wii u in person! None of the experiences against friends were good lol

I only played against one on wii u (online). I lost all 20 sometime games. It got to the point where he was just trying out the dlc characters as this was after EVO. This friend is not in the community, but his cousins were back during melee. He's probably the most likely to help me but doesn't have time due to terrible work schedules.

Another friend that I know through my best friend, I just played online on 3ds (right before wii u came out). After a dozen or so losses, I think he just would go Ike to give me a freebie, which didn't happen :wall: He's on the other side of the country and occasionally attends tournaments.

My "best" friend, who happens to be semi relevant, would play me throughout October/November in person. I stopped bothering him to "train" me as it just became "lab sessions" for him. I even realized Diddy's up air was broken before he did (he would mainly combo dthrow>bair>bair). :cry: I think I may have won once somehow; he likely SD'd or got careless trying to practice setups. He's become "esports now" so doesnt have time for irl people or non smashers.

Hey GamerSDP I added you and I'm online now so we can play some games. If you want too see rusty I haven't touch any sort of video game controller since May 11th. I'll hang around for a bit to see if anyone else wants to join in.

EDIT: I see Jack online, I'm private so you can't see me on the Wii U list  (forgot to turn that off) but you can see my room open.

bread's done
Back