SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Now I am debating should u cancel my Amazon fr order and try to get one on launch day. Not to mention there is a chance they will cancel the order.
Was about to post the same thing. I have a UK and Germany pre-order... but all signs seem to suggest Nintendo is actually making more this time around. I might not get them right off the bat but that it should be easier to find as time goes on.

Was about to post the same thing. I have a UK and Germany pre-order... but all signs seem to suggest Nintendo is actually making more this time around. I might not get them right off the bat but that it should be easier to find as time goes on.
That's what they said about the NES classic and the Switch lol.

Exactly! Some people just keep falling for the same 'ol trick. I learned my lesson after hearing the same thing from Nintendo about amiibos the last few years

Last edited by a moderator:
Not like this they didn't. The Switch was known to be in short supply, they never pretended otherwise - just promised to get more out there. And as far as the NES, they did not have the expectations they do this time. "More on release day than all of the last year" is a pretty good commitment to fixing it, as is ending the idea they would stop making them at the end of the year. And they announced the NES is coming back.

They cannot make the NES debacle go away, but they have at least addressed it and signs are pointing towards them following through.

But they did say that SNES production would continue to 2018. And they're also bring the NES Classic back. Yeah, it took them long enough to figure it out but at least they did.

Plus, at this point, I'm not expecting to get a US release anyway so even though I still plan on looking, if I don't get one, I don't. .:lol:

But they did say that SNES production would continue to 2018. And they're also bring the NES Classic back. Yeah, it took them long enough to figure it out but at least they did.

Plus, at this point, I'm not expecting to get a US release anyway so even though I still plan on looking, if I don't get one, I don't. . :lol:
They also said they can not going to stop mading nes mini and 2 month later they did exactly that

The thing is "should". There can be more supplies but that doesn't meant anything if they are beign snatch up faster

I have one pre-ordered from Amazon.de which is the one I want.  I need to get a USB AC Adapter for it.  Is there a Nintendo branded version?  I have been burned by secondary market peripherals in the past.  The American version would be fine, but they were never up for pre-order when I had time.  As of now, I am slated to be at work on the 29th all morning.

I am glad there appears to be a lot more shipping of this than the NES Classic. 

There is nothing in that story that suggest today's bankruptcy filing will have any effect on SNES stock. Launch stock has already been allocated to stores anyways, each TRU store is getting approximately 50 for launch.
Both those stories are essentially the same though the ABC story goes a little more in depth as far as vendors sending more stock to other stores rather than TRU though specific vendors aren't named. The vendors were doing this in the lead up to the bankruptcy rumors. Now that TRU has filed for debt restructuring and there are no announced store closures it will be back to business as usual especially, as the stories note, for us the consumer.
More than likely, I would imagine, the holiday season will continue as normal, they will hope to have a strong season, and if not they will probably announce some store closures.
Future shipments of SNES could be affected but again, these stories shed no specific light on that at all. Even if that were true it means the other big retailers will get what was theoretically allocated to TRU, essentially having no bearing whatsoever on people trying to get one.

Well now that it's official, don't expect Toys R Us to actually get new product including the SNES Classic. They will probably still be able to get suppliers to provide inventory including it, but I'd look longer and harder at other options come September 29th.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurengensler/2017/09/19/toys-r-us-bankruptcy/#1a9be6f2574a

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/toys-us-files-chapter-11-reorganization-49944737
This means nothing. They filed Chapter 11 which means they are trying to stay in business as appose to selling off their assets and closing shop. Their chances of getting more SNESC is the same as any other store.

Looks like every store is getting one shipment of at least 33 around me. One store got double the amount so hopefully each store is getting 100 and has yet to receive their allocation yet. My guess is the mad dash to grab these and resell will happen at first and flare up closer to Christmas but will likely be easier to get this time around.

here in the inland empire a few walmarts show them in stock, not as many as i was hoping.

isqKcjo.jpg

What exactly does the quantity mean? If a store says it will have 30 SNES mini, are they all like preorder? Or for the first 30 people? Or a mix of both?

Stores in the Chicagoland area are showing nada... just says to check back before launch. But some of those numbers you guys posted are impressive. 

I think I'm going to cancel my Amazon UK pre-order and just try my luck. I can wait if necessary. 

Stores in the Chicagoland area are showing nada... just says to check back before launch. But some of those numbers you guys posted are impressive.

I think I'm going to cancel my Amazon UK pre-order and just try my luck. I can wait if necessary.
they probably didn't get stock in, so i guess us chicagoland people gotta wait

Last night I was getting actual numbers for my area, 12 - 30 depending on the store. Now I get the “check back prior to launch” message. Should’ve screenshot the info last night as I can’t remember the stores with the higher quantities

I'm wondering if stores will still enforce limits... I hope so. But I'm thinking with stores getting so many units, managers will just say fuck it and sell 5-10 per person. 

They are blocking accoess to brickseek so no idea how many we are getting at chicago land area

FLOL, so it started with 0 at all locations in LA, then displayed the "check back prior to launch", and has now added an additional **NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL 9/29** disclaimer under the individual stores' addresses.  Result of Brickseek getting hammered with all of the searches for these?  

I have two orders placed, on at GS and the other at Wal-Mart. I really only want/need the GS order, so should I go ahead and cancel the one from Wal-Mart? Seems like these are not going to be nearly as rare as the NES or even the Switch.

And no, I do not plan to flip anything. It was genuinely in case my bro-in-law or dad wanted one. None of us got the NES.

I have two orders placed, on at GS and the other at Wal-Mart. I really only want/need the GS order, so should I go ahead and cancel the one from Wal-Mart? Seems like these are not going to be nearly as rare as the NES or even the Switch.

And no, I do not plan to flip anything. It was genuinely in case my bro-in-law or dad wanted one. None of us got the NES.
My guess is you're probably good. I had an order for one via Amazon UK that I cancelled.

I was in the exact same boat. Had an in-store GS order, and an online Wal-Mart order. I finally canceled my WM order yesterday. I hope I'm not going to get royally screwed placing my faith in Gamestop, but its been paid off for a month and I agree it doesn't look like this will be nearly the cluster**** that the NES was. One week til we find out.

And just for giggles, I checked ebay and you can get one for about 150 right now. Add in that there will be thousands upon thousands added to ebay next week, and I don't think scalpers are going to be making much of a killing on these. Might be able to get one for a hundred or so soon.

My Target order arrival date switched from Oct 11th to Sept 29th.

Just this week Target sent me a new Target credit card with a new number. I know as soon as I activate it, it will cancel my open SNES order because I ordered it with the old card. The last time they sent me a new card and I activated it, my online preorders immediately got cancelled. I'm just hoping everything works out well if I just don't activate it until after my SNES order arrives. Just the fact that they sent me the new card this week makes my conspiracy theory mind think that they want me to fuck up my SNES classic order.  ;)

I didn't ask for it, but they switched me from a regular Target card that can only be used at Target to a regular Mastercard that can be used anywhere. I guess they like earning interest payments from me. 

When the preorders were going up, I was relying on the CAG stock alert thread. What alerts do you guys think are the most reliable now that the thread is gone?

I'm starting to feel more safe with my Target preorder, but I would rather use my GS trade credit instead of blowing actual money at Target if I get the chance.

Just to be safe I would let both orders go through and then just return one in store. Cancelling orders on walmart.com doesn't always work anyway.

Days out and everything is looking good on my end for me.  Rolling charges on all orders and I'm not going to do anything to risk any of them.  With that said barring nothing getting cancel & my niece not wanting it.  If anyone wants the EU one I got coming from amazon.de let me know as I be more than happy to let you have it for it's total cost + shipping to you to help anyone out.

When the preorders were going up, I was relying on the CAG stock alert thread. What alerts do you guys think are the most reliable now that the thread is gone?
Follow Wario64 on Twitter. I made my phone get alerts when he tweeted. You'll get a lot of pointless alerts, but no one is better at stock availability and even the occasional price glitch. He's how I got my walmart preorder in.

Credit card was compromised a couple days ago, so I had to order a new card. AFAIK there's no way of changing payment information on Best Buy's website for "pre-orders", and I didn't feel like contacting customer service to see if they could add a new form of payment (their track record for being able to resolve past issues is horrendous, or they take forever), so I just cancelled my orders :cry:

Guess it wasn't meant to be.

Credit card was compromised a couple days ago, so I had to order a new card. AFAIK there's no way of changing payment information on Best Buy's website for "pre-orders", and I didn't feel like contacting customer service to see if they could add a new form of payment (their track record for being able to resolve past issues is horrendous, or they take forever), so I just cancelled my orders :cry:

Guess it wasn't meant to be.
If BBY fails to charge your credit card, they email you and give you 24 hrs to update payment method.

If BBY fails to charge your credit card, they email you and give you 24 hrs to update payment method.
Oh well. Probably won't receive my new credit card until sometime week after next, and I don't have any other credit cards or debit cards. I would have otherwise used a gift card in place of my credit card, but then again I've had so many issues with gift card payment on Best Buy's website it isn't even worth the headache (I don't know how a retailer can screw up an order paid using gift card, but 1/3 orders I do on their website seems to end in "awaiting authorization" status, and it gets stuck in limbo).

Be careful. They always give me that 24 hrs, i change the info, and it fails authorization... on the card i have been using for a month now. It sucks cuz i had 4 LoZamiibo preordered, Mipha and all of them, and it got canceled so now i gotta wait. Lame.

Just got the inside scoop from my local GameStop that their location is expecting 30 SNES Classic Minis for launch day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Follow Wario64 on Twitter. I made my phone get alerts when he tweeted. You'll get a lot of pointless alerts, but no one is better at stock availability and even the occasional price glitch. He's how I got my walmart preorder in.
Thank you. I installed the twitter app and created an account for the first time. I know I'm a little late to the game.

I set it up to get push notifications for his tweets. You're right it sucks I'll get like 20 notifications a day of nonsense, but just looking back at his recent tweets make me think that 1 out of every maybe 10 tweets is a good deal I would have been interested in buying. I check CAG only a small fraction of what I used to, so maybe I will keep with this system for price glitches and whatnot even after the SNES classic is released. Thanks again.

bread's done
Back