SNES Classic Discussion Thread

It's funny reading back people claiming there was no hype and that there were pre orders just no one wanted them.

Best Buy and gamestop did not take orders of any kind.

Target and toys r us was extremely brief and I remember some people who got from target got cancelled.

Amazon did not take orders and Wal-Mart I don't believe did either.

Last year I talked with my area Nintendo rep and he said Nintendo told retailers they did not want pre orders taken.

If I see my rep before any pre orders open I'll ask him what he knows about this but honestly these can go either way.

Play Asia EU version is the one I'm going for. I always thought the US version looked absolutely horrible compared to the Japanese/European Union one IMO. Those 4-colored buttons....

Plans today: 

• Get nothing done at work
  • Update account, credit card info on many retails sites
  • Hit refresh on many different pages
  • Cry

Anyone notice on Play-Asia's site it states "Get Informed When This Item Is In Stock By Using Our Personal Agent From The Right.", yet there's nothing on the right?

Play Asia EU version is the one I'm going for. I always thought the US version looked absolutely horrible compared to the Japanese/European Union one IMO. Those 4-colored buttons....
I agree. Would definitely prefer the EU version of the SNES and it's colored buttons on the controllers. Would we need a power adapter to play in the U.S.?

I agree. Would definitely prefer the EU version of the SNES and it's colored buttons on the controllers. Would we need a power adapter to play in the U.S.?
The NES classic the power adapter was connected to a USB. I don't imagine this being any different. So it should be easy to find an acceptable power source nowadays.

I predict gastrointestinal troubles for me so I can spend a lot of time on the can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Plans today:

• Cry
Yeah except Gamestop...i still remembered having to request a new credit card after their letter about being hacked...

I predict gastrointestinal troubles for me so I can spend a lot of time on the can.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Do you have an ass-washing feature on your toilet like our giant bald Jewish overlord?

First thing I plan on buying when I get a house.

Much like the others, I plan on refreshing multiple sites and Apps all day whilst at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully I can get one from a store this time. With all the nonsense from Amazon crashing and having my toys r us order cancelled I am not super optimistic.

I only got my Nes Classic because my wife wanted to surprise me and got one from a scalper....

Hopefully preorders are a thing this time

Wow... so nothing? At this point, I'd wager retailers are sick of Nintendo's shit just like we are so they're waiting until they get official numbers before putting up pre-orders. 

Wow... so nothing? At this point, I'd wager retailers are sick of Nintendo's shit just like we are so they're waiting until they get official numbers before putting up pre-orders.
Sick of Nintendo providing them with products that sell out almost instantaneously? LOL, no. But yes they are likely waiting on official numbers before taking pre-orders.

I spoke to a manager at Gamestop and he said exactly this in so many words. He told me as of right now they MIGHT not do pre-orders until at least knowing the exact number they will get. He could just be talking out of his behind but it is the info I got last night.

They just had a bit on my local morning news about these...

s-l300.jpg

Everybody and their grandma is going to want one now. Nintendo could quadruple production compared to the original(which we all know they won't) and it still be massively under produce for the demand. This is going to be a utter bloodbath.
lol. Nobody watches garbage local morning news except housewives and basic bitches. It became a bloodbath the second it was announced on twitter and reddit.

I spoke to a manager at Gamestop and he said exactly this in so many words. He told me as of right now they MIGHT not do pre-orders until at least knowing the exact number they will get. He could just be talking out of his behind but it is the info I got last night.
Several people on Discord and other places around the net said GS has sent nothing to employees yet. He's talking out his rear.

I've heard the same from my GS manager friends. They aren't super optimistic about preorders but with Nintendo anything can happen.

Plans today:

• Cry
Same.

I saw a car pulled over on the highway this morning on my way into the office. I thought for a second he pulled over cuz preorders went live.

Anyway... may your clicks be accurate and your typing be fast today. Good luck boyz.

Sick of Nintendo providing them with products that sell out almost instantaneously? LOL, no. But yes they are likely waiting on official numbers before taking pre-orders.
"Damn you Nintendo, why do you keep bringing ridiculous amounts of traffic to our sites and stores?!"

Several people on Discord and other places around the net said GS has sent nothing to employees yet. He's talking out his rear.
Called GS they said they are not taking PO .. store pickup only.

Source: Some random person who picked up the phone when I called GS.

So then I'm guessing retailers can take it upon themselves to do preorders even if Nintendo says no? Because I truly do think we're all wasting our time here. Don't get me wrong, I hope that's not the case but it's not like there's any legitimate signs pointing in our favor for anything happening anytime soon.

Traffic does you no good when most go "Do you have this Nintendo product? No? Ok later "
Cmon really? Traffic is always good. Otherwise why advertise anything?

Sales is all about ratios and percentages. The more customers you have, the higher chance they buy something.

Yes, I'm sure the local managers and minimum wage employees at BestBuy who had basically nothing to do with the stock shortages loved the many benefits of an item, such as:

1. being bitched at people by people who couldn't get one for Christmas

2. being bitched at by scalpers as to why they can only buy one

3. being called constantly to the point where the automated message says "we do not have any NES Classics in stock"

4. having to put up signs everywhere to let people know they don't have this is stock

5. repeating steps 1 & 2 because people are too stupid to understand steps 3 & 4

6. being paid a whopping $0 more per hour for all of the above

People really need to stop acting like it's such a simple issue and it's all good news for retailers because something sells out quickly. Retailers don't want pissed off consumers... it's not the president of Nintendo who's dealing with this bullshit, he's too busy trying please shareholders by telling them "we sold out so quickly, I'm not fired right?".

Any chance a pre-order goes live today? lol I'm scared to go to lunch.

haha I love these comments. People pay $60 for a single new release game, CAGs pay $48. The perception of pirates is priceless.
CAGs pay $48 to have it sit on the shelf wrapped for years and cry about how many games in their backlog then lament about not waiting until it reached $2 before buying it.

Cmon really? Traffic is always good. Otherwise why advertise anything?

Sales is all about ratios and percentages. The more customers you have, the higher chance they buy something.
I understand that but

A) most of the Nintendo people at just looking for that and don't buy anything

Or

B) most of them just call on the phone without ever stepping foot in the store which just takes away from actually helping those in store.

Also im just talking about gamestop. So it's admittingly a single view point.

I understand that but

A) most of the Nintendo people at just looking for that and don't buy anything

Or

B) most of them just call on the phone without ever stepping foot in the store which just takes away from actually helping those in store.

Also im just talking about gamestop. So it's admittingly a single view point.
All good points.

Yes, I'm sure the local managers and minimum wage employees at BestBuy who had basically nothing to do with the stock shortages loved the many benefits of an item, such as:

3. being called constantly to the point where the automated message says "we do not have any NES Classics in stock"

4. having to put up signs everywhere to let people know they don't have this is stock

5. repeating steps 1 & 2 because people are too stupid to understand steps 3 & 4

People really need to stop acting like it's such a simple issue and it's all good news for retailers because something sells out quickly. Retailers don't want pissed off consumers... it's not the president of Nintendo who's dealing with this bullshit, he's too busy trying please shareholders by telling them "we sold out so quickly, I'm not fired right?".
Do you REALLY believe corporate offices give a single shit about what difficulties their peons face from mad neckbeards? You vastly over-estimate the number of mad customers that will retaliate by not shopping at the store. What is more likely is they go into the store more often and go "hey, while I'm here I'll pick up that movie I've been wanting or look at the TVs". Very few people storm out and blame the retailer for that sort of thing, usually just the assholes that weren't going to buy anything else anyways.

I'll assure you they are pleased as punch with Nintendo right now. They would like more stock, but the hardware stock they are getting doesn't even get to the shelves before it is sold. And it is generating more foot traffic and website visits. You can be mad all you want they don't have one for you to buy easily, but retailers aren't upset.

Why does everyone want the U.K. one? It's so ugly compared to the U.S. one. Controllers look great but the deck itself looks really dated with the gray on gray color scheme. Not looking to troll just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Traffic does you no good when most go "Do you have this Nintendo product? No? Ok later "
Exactly, no one calling or torturing staff is buying a 4K TV when they pick up the Mini, or anything else unless it's "N" related.

Completely agree, as most of these places are making peanuts from a device like this, and considering how the phones get tied up for days, weeks, and months. I'm sure if given the chance, they would opt not to even carry something like this, as it's not really benefiting the business at all, and only creates more work, that probably just cuts in to the funds already being made, due to all the extra work involved.

bread's done
Back